HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Could Plekanec be the one on the way out ?

Old
06-28-2012, 09:29 AM
PricePkPatch

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
You don't think that as winger DD would get splattered? I'm worried, not the fastest for his size is the issue.
If I remember, he GOT splattered between 2 Bruins Ds in Game 5.

Knee injury. It was a beautiful rush tho.

PricePkPatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 09:30 AM
Kirk Muller

I would like to see another year of 60 points out of Desharnais facing tougher assignments before saying he has a long time future with Montreal. He could just as easily flop back down to earth.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 09:31 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller View Post
I would like to see another year of 60 points out of Desharnais facing tougher assignments before saying he has a long time future with Montreal. He could just as easily flop back down to earth.
Agreed. But the point is, we should GIVE HIM THE CHANCE to put another 60, rather than writing him off.

Old
06-28-2012, 09:33 AM
Mrb1p

I'm with WTK.

Put DD on Eller's wing god damnit ...

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 09:35 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
Highly unlikely, unless we draft another great young center with size via the draft next year, who wont be ready for 3 years at least.. Trading him to keep Plekanec would create a fire storm for Bergevin has the Cunneyworth hiring did for Gauthier.
What a bullying, horrible little nasty post.

You're threatening us that now we can't trade french players either?

I noticed you last week. I asked you why you have a Nords player as your avatar. No answer.

There are tons of really decent french guys on this board, who love Quebec and love the Habs. I question your love for the Habs.

Ignore list. Your post makes me ill.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
That's different and usually more of a zone coverage strategy. I'm remembering Pacioretty rushing in the offensive zone and I put Desharnais in place of him. He would get thrown in all directions, unless you have him play just the same way he would at center. I just don't see it working, so I'll believe it when I see it
Tell that to St-louis..

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Agreed. But the point is, we should GIVE HIM THE CHANCE to put another 60, rather than writing him off.
True, but him being sheltered into offensive assignments will never convince most people of his legitimacy as a top 6 centre.

For me it's as long as the team is successful , which didn't happen last year despite of him having the season he had.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 09:39 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Another reason we shouldn't trade any center until we know what direction is best to head in.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 09:40 AM
WestIslander

I see Desharnais being traded and them keeping Plekanec when Galchenyuk is ready.

Galchenyuk
Plekanec
Eller
Bournival

* I consider Leblanc a winger on the second/third line

WestIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 09:51 AM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Tell that to St-louis..
St-Louis has been a Winger all his career and it is a pretty long one. You're making a comparison with someone who has 1 full NHL season under his belt and has played center all his life. The comparison is moot.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 09:54 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourBuddy View Post
Pretty stupid question really, he is a natural center and has been all his career, ever play hockey ? Try changing positions just for the heck of it. You kind of feel like when you were 5 years old and lost your mother at the shopping center.

Scott will be back and better than before. M Therrien has also stated many times on AC that he likes him and he has to be playing in a different system.
If you're a hockey player and you can't change from C to wing or or wing to C for a shift or 2, then you're not a hockey player.

And no. You won't feel lost in the mall.

Ever play hockey? OMG, you are a prize.

Old
06-28-2012, 09:56 AM
Takashi

There won't be any changes this year and maybe next year, so that Gally can develop and Eller becomes better. When Gally woud be nhl establish, it would look like this:
Galchenyuk
Deharnais
Eller
White/ UFA

Takashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 09:58 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
DD proved to be a hell of a competitor anywhere he's been sent. He shined playing with Gomez and Gionta against the Bruins 2 years ago. He shined as a top center. He never quits, he's a competitor.

I don't see why people obsesses over his size. He's got more heart and mental in him than half of the Capitals' put together.

And he's homegrown, playing in his homeland. You don't trade these kind of players away. He hasn't been a defensive liability, and know how to compensate for his small size, even taking advantage of it more often than not.

He may be tossed around in board battle, but he comes back and has the stick agility to get out with the puck anyway. Remember how he beat Chara in a 20-seconds puck battle behind Thomas, during a PK, 2 years ago?!
I like DD, I really do. I still don't know what his ceiling is, it's tough to put a grasp on it as he always seemed to exceed expectations.

That being said, he hasn't proven much. He benefited from having the best wingers last year and they never were split after tried. Not only that, but they also benefited from being placed in favorable match ups and offensive faceoffs. How well will he fare off if he isn't paired with our two best PFs and getting favorable match ups?
That is still very unknown.

Nobody has come close to filling up Plekanec's shoes. Eller has improved rather well in the defensive tasks but still has some troubles versus top line opposition.

It'll be interesting to see how each of our youngsters develop. But I don't want to see DD used the same way again, especially if it means Plek and Eller both center rather unproductive lines.
I mean, Eller was used the opposite way DD was last season. Eller was used in defensive roles, was given scrappers, and was used on PK. DD was used in an offensive role, given the best wingers, used on the PP. I would have liked Eller to get his chance. He earned it by showing great offensive things with Moen and AK. I think he has more upside than DD as well, but as I previously mentioned, it's tough to know the ceiling of DD.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 10:05 AM
Habitant le colon

depth at center position is pretty good to me

I have an idea but i'm quite sure that people will not agree with !

Cole DD Pacioretty
Bourque Plekanec Gionta
Galcheniuk Eller Leblanc
Moen Gomez White
Staubitz

this can work well to me Both Leblanc and Galcheniuk on the wing until we trade one of Eller or Plekanec.

I guess we are in a year of transition (or maybe two year from what we can call a contender)

we are awaiting Gallagher Quailer, Holland Geoffrion, Ellis Tinordi Beaulieu Pateryn

Habitant le colon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 10:06 AM
bsl

Quote:
Gomez is a good 3rd line center for 2013.

Weird how i still have confidence in Gomer, maybe i'm just stupid. Sorry if i offend anyone when i say i still like Gomer.

And why does WeThreeKings make it sound like the Habs gave Gomer his contract ?
You're not offending anyone saying you still like Gomer. It's an interesting take. Just be nice about how you say it...and also be aware of how pissed off guys are with how badly the trade turned out. It hurt the Habs quite badly.

I gave Gomer every chance, finally losing patience only in the second half of last year. A lot of other guys here did the same. But it's over.

Old
06-28-2012, 10:08 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitant le colon View Post

Cole DD Pacioretty
Bourque Plekanec Gionta
Galcheniuk Eller Leblanc
Moen Gomez White
Staubitz

this can work well to me Both Leblanc and Galcheniuk on the wing until we trade one of Eller or Plekanec.

I guess we are in a year of transition (or maybe two year from what we can call a contender)

we are awaiting Gallagher Quailer, Holland Geoffrion, Ellis Tinordi Beaulieu Pateryn
that could work, but I believe Galchenyuk's development would be better served going back to Sarnia and playing 20+ mins a night, maybe getting traded to a contender and dominating than playing 3rd line sheltered minutes in the NHL. Especially after the injury last year

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 10:11 AM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
I gave Gomer every chance, finally losing patience only in the second half of last year. A lot of other guys here did the same. But it's over.
Same...though he only played 32 games this year in between injuries, so that makes it slightly more difficult to gauge his contributions or lack thereof, IMO.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 10:12 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
If you're a hockey player and you can't change from C to wing or or wing to C for a shift or 2, then you're not a hockey player.

And no. You won't feel lost in the mall.

Ever play hockey? OMG, you are a prize.
Why are you the only person here insulting me all the time ?

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 10:14 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
You're not offending anyone saying you still like Gomer. It's an interesting take. Just be nice about how you say it...and also be aware of how pissed off guys are with how badly the trade turned out. It hurt the Habs quite badly.

Hmmmm ? Ironic no ?

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 10:14 AM
Takashi

Quote:
Why are you the only person here insulting me all the time ?
He is trolling

Takashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 10:18 AM
PricePkPatch

YourBuddy isn't doing anything bad, people. The kind of proposition he brings forward helps discussion. It's nice to have dissenting voices once in a while, to avoid us turning into a monolithic groupthink.

Well... Dissenting voice that don't go groveling in the Bruins forum, that is. YourBuddy, never try that

So let's stop calling each other stupid just for thinking differently. This ain't a discussion about scholarly fees!!

Old
06-28-2012, 10:19 AM
Habitant le colon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
that could work, but I believe Galchenyuk's development would be better served going back to Sarnia and playing 20+ mins a night, maybe getting traded to a contender and dominating than playing 3rd line sheltered minutes in the NHL. Especially after the injury last year
where does Plekanec had star his career ? behind a Mkie Rebeiro and a Radek Bonk then win is minute after 3 ahl year. He wasnt a 1st pick 3rd overall ( #71 3 round in 2001)

Galcheniuk can win a spot this upcoming season then push out bourque on a 3rd line duty but i guess we have to start him on third line duty first to create a chemistry with him and Eller.

this could evovle fast ...

Galcheniuk Plekanec Gionta
Bourque Eller Leblanc
Moen Gomez White

if Galcheniuk is ready we have to make him a room. even if he is not a center. DD Plekanec Eller earn their spot Gomez Galcheniuk will have to win it ...

Habitant le colon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 10:22 AM
bsl

Quote:

Cole DD Pacioretty
Bourque Plekanec Gionta
Galcheniuk Eller Leblanc
Moen Gomez White
Staubitz

Man oh man does this team need a true french superstar, just to stop guys desperately grasping at straws, and having to depend on players like DD to be that star. I love the guy, but he's no Lemaire, not by ten miles.

I don't blame guys at all, but it's getting so ****ing irritating, and I feel sorry for guys who never saw the 70's Habs.

I would love nothing more than a truly great french player or 2 on this team again. It would stop all this utter waste of time crap about coaches, language, on and on. It would just stop.

God, offer Parise 96 Mill 12 years. Do something, please!

Old
06-28-2012, 10:22 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
where does Plekanec had star his career ? behind a Mkie Rebeiro and a Radek Bonk then win is minute after 3 ahl year. He wasnt a 1st pick 3rd overall ( #71 3 round in 2001)

Galcheniuk can win a spot this upcoming season then push out bourque on a 3rd line duty but i guess we have to start him on third line duty first to create a chemistry with him and Eller.

this could evovle fast ...

Galcheniuk Plekanec Gionta
Bourque Eller Leblanc
Moen Gomez White

if Galcheniuk is ready we have to make him a room. even if he is not a center. DD Plekanec Eller earn their spot Gomez Galcheniuk will have to win it ...
Because your proposition has 2 prospects thrust into the NHL. I would like to see their offensive game develop before I insert them straight into the line-up.

Hopefully the Habs are smart enough to not pen any of the young players into the line-up until they earn their promotion. Trade the pieces that don't fit later.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 10:24 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

I was talking to a Habs fan the yesterday and this thread just reminded me of it. He said we should trade Plekanec for a big winger and put Galchenyuk with Patches and Cole.

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Cole
Bourque - Desharnais - XXX (big winger from Pleks trade)
Moen - Eller - Leblanc
xxxxxxxxxxx <--- he didn't care about the 4th line

On defense it's good too;

Markov - Beaulieu
Gorges - Subban
Emelin - Tinordi

fun stuff.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote