HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

CBJ - VAN - FLA (Luongo & Nash)

Old
06-28-2012, 02:53 AM
Chubros

vCash: 500
OP's proposal is pretty good.

People on here just like to dump on everything, but in actuality it's as close to a sensible three-way deal that any internet GM is going to concoct.

Chubros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 02:58 AM
Sports24-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacketsWin View Post
I had a pick from CBJ going there as well, but I thought it was overpayment. Would love to give up another piece from the jackets to upgrade the prospect to Huberdeau, but I thought that was making the deal too far fetched and complicated.

Tweek the deal to make it fit your team and we can see how it works. I just think if the CBJ pull prospects from multiple teams it will help get a better return for them as well as not make those other teams feel like they gave up all their futures.
Huh? The Panthers have already reportedly been unwilling to include Bjugstad, Huberdeau will be impossible. Why would the Panthers mortgage their bright future to bring in a goalie they don't need?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubros View Post
OP's proposal is pretty good.

People on here just like to dump on everything, but in actuality it's as close to a sensible three-way deal that any internet GM is going to concoct.
People do tend to hate on trade proposals here, but that's because most of them are pretty bad and this one is no exception. The Panthers send a big time prospect and a 2nd round pick without adding any kind of a salary dump to bring in a 33 year old goalie with a big cap number, when they have a solid goalie in Theo and the best goalie prospect in the world in Markstrom. Explain to me how that's a good proposal. And that's not even taking into account the Vancouver's POV in this deal.

Last edited by Sports24-7: 06-28-2012 at 03:03 AM.
Sports24-7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 02:58 AM
Cogburn

There is no way that Nash will fetch the price Howson is asking. I don't know if he really wants out, but keeping him if he does creates a toxic atmosphere. Temper your expectations, as most Canucks fans have tried to concerning Lu. Nash and his contract/cap hit affecting things is the same as Luongo, a great player, who's perceived value is lower due to off ice factors. I'm not saying Nash is devoid of serious value, but Bjustad....is kind of untouchable to Florida.

Van's 1st, Booth, Jensen and Luongo for Nash. Nash is the same level of player as Luongo, and both have contract concerns...isn't there even a little bit of an indication that you're weighting one so much more then the other? NTCs, cap hit, length, fictitious claims of dropping play, questions about leadership (fictitious largely on both sides) and ability to strike it big (despite both doing so).

Cogburn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 06:21 AM
Dman88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
Really? Looks to me like the Jackets get a bunch of futures and absolutely nothing in the present. It would be 2015 (or later) before there's any real production coming from this, and Booth logging Nash's minutes represents a downgrade anyway.
But that is how you re-build, with young talent and let them develop together. Edmonton, they were awful the past couple years, but they are going to be dynamite in the near future.

Dman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 07:52 AM
bacon25

Quote:
Originally Posted by eklunds source View Post
People like you who don't believe in numbers are how people like me continue to make good money betting on hockey using those numbers.. Cheers =)

also, you posted that 6 minutes after I did... and there's no way you read the article in 6 minutes. Good job skipping it over.
I read the article last night and there are some rather glaring omissions, I don't understand why some many people are so quick to tear down nash when they have never watched a Columbus Blue Jackets game. There is more that is wrong with the team than just poor teammates playing with Nash, the entire management of the team has been horrid, hence why nobody wants to play there. But I guess the Carolina beat writer looked over that.

bacon25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 07:55 AM
bacon25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
There is no way that Nash will fetch the price Howson is asking. I don't know if he really wants out, but keeping him if he does creates a toxic atmosphere. Temper your expectations, as most Canucks fans have tried to concerning Lu. Nash and his contract/cap hit affecting things is the same as Luongo, a great player, who's perceived value is lower due to off ice factors. I'm not saying Nash is devoid of serious value, but Bjustad....is kind of untouchable to Florida.

Van's 1st, Booth, Jensen and Luongo for Nash. Nash is the same level of player as Luongo, and both have contract concerns...isn't there even a little bit of an indication that you're weighting one so much more then the other? NTCs, cap hit, length, fictitious claims of dropping play, questions about leadership (fictitious largely on both sides) and ability to strike it big (despite both doing so).
I bet if the owners fired Howson and reached out to Nash he may stay, he has been the most loyal and hardworking player for the franchise, and the only one that has not been put off or crushed by the poor management there.

bacon25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 10:16 AM
M4k4

vCash: 1024
Panthers hang up the phone.

M4k4 is offline   Reply With Quote