HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Free Agency/off-season Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-28-2012, 10:28 AM
  #701
ThaDevilGirl
Registered User
 
ThaDevilGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: YFC/YUL
Country: Portugal
Posts: 9,731
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
That has to be a joke! They traded Ribeiro for a 2nd and Eaking and they want that much for Steve Ott?

Guess Bob Gainey really really hates Mike Ribeiro
I think they're trying to package Ott to get a bigger piece. However Ott remains a 4th liner. You don't trade a good #1/great #2 center for an expensive 4th liner lol

ThaDevilGirl is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 10:29 AM
  #702
Jigger77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,952
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
That too. And he's Quebecois.

The ONLY downside is the injury risk. Mulder is there about that.
Yeah and a HUGE downside. Especially for the seemingly made of crystal Habs.

Injuries decimated us last year. I like Lats as a player a lot, but I'd personally stay away.

Jigger77 is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 10:29 AM
  #703
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,303
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
As per the following link, Latendresse is a UFA as of Sunday.

http://www.hockeywilderness.com/2012...edly-to-go-ufa

So...

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole
Latendresse - Plekanec - Gionta
Bourque - Eller - Leblanc
Moen - UFA - White
Staubitz

Markov - Emelin
Gorges - Subban
UFA - Weber
St-Denis

Price
Budaj
I'd like to see
Patches-DD-Cole
Lats-Plekanec-Gionta
Bourque-Eller-Mueller(Leblanc in AHL to develop his offense)
Moen-UFA C-White
Staubitz
(Gomez demoted or traded)

Markov-Emelin
Gorges-Subban
Diaz-UFA stay-at-home D
St-Denis
(Kaberle demoted or traded)

Price
Budaj

WeThreeKings is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 10:34 AM
  #704
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,780
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
Yeah and a HUGE downside. Especially for the seemingly made of crystal Habs.

Injuries decimated us last year. I like Lats as a player a lot, but I'd personally stay away.
His surgery made him fine last year, he won't have any more structural problem if Mulder greenlight him.

And having a concussion for being driven headfirst into the board ain't what I would use to qualify someone "fragile". That would put anyone down.

Patch recovered well from his own injury, didn't he? Okay... I know he's got superhuman regenerative abilities, but maybe we could inject some of his blood into Guillaume...?

PricePkPatch is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 10:34 AM
  #705
ThaDevilGirl
Registered User
 
ThaDevilGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: YFC/YUL
Country: Portugal
Posts: 9,731
vCash: 500
Wait a minute, Mueller is a winger? I thought he was a center... Carry on, then.

ThaDevilGirl is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 10:35 AM
  #706
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,819
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I wouldn't give Wolski another shot. This guy has been bounced around farrr too much.

Mueller and Lats would be going to their 3rd team (2nd in Lats case).
Exactly. And I guarantee you that the reason they weren't qualified is that it would have cost a lot to qualify both. I'm not 100% sure how qualifying offers works (cap hit or salary), but still. Mueller's qualifying offer was minimum $2M while Latendresse's was minimum $2.5M.

$2.5M is too much for a guy who played 27 games in the last two seasons. Latendresse will probably have to take around $1M to prove he can stay healthy.

$2M for Mueller, who is basically a really good defensive center, is on the bubble when he missed 63 games in the past two seasons he played. He missed an entire year between. He will probably need to take around $1M this year.

Both teams (Avalance, Wild) may try to sign both guys when they become UFA's, but for the value, it's easy to see why Minnesota and Colorado passed.

One Man Rock Band is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 10:37 AM
  #707
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,303
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
Wait a minute, Mueller is a winger? I thought he was a center... Carry on, then.
He was drafted as a center. But I believe he has played wing since being traded from Phoenix.

WeThreeKings is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 10:37 AM
  #708
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,819
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
I think they're trying to package Ott to get a bigger piece. However Ott remains a 4th liner. You don't trade a good #1/great #2 center for an expensive 4th liner lol
Ott had 39-points last year (on pace for 43-points over a full season), so I think he definitely fits more into a 3rd liner role. His pace per 82-games has been over 40 points in 3 of the last 4 seasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
He was drafted as a center. But I believe he has played wing since being traded from Phoenix.
If I recall correctly, he played wing with McClement in Colorado. But he played center his entire time in Phoenix, so he can do both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I'd like to see
Patches-DD-Cole
Lats-Plekanec-Gionta
Bourque-Eller-Mueller(Leblanc in AHL to develop his offense)
Moen-UFA C-White
Staubitz
(Gomez demoted or traded)

Markov-Emelin
Gorges-Subban
Diaz-UFA stay-at-home D
St-Denis
(Kaberle demoted or traded)

Price
Budaj
That's a solid line-up. If we could somehow nab McClement to play between Moen & White, that would be unreal. Or if we could make a trade for Ott that didn't cost a lot, we could move Mueller to the 4th line C spot. Or if we can nab Whitney on an overpaid contract, I'm still 100% in that boat as long as it's short term.

One Man Rock Band is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 10:41 AM
  #709
Ginu
Registered User
 
Ginu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,685
vCash: 500
Darche gone, Staubitz potentially gone. Moen and White likely re-signed.

So two spots open in the bottom 6. Looks like we're trying to change the face of the team.

Ginu is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 10:42 AM
  #710
ThaDevilGirl
Registered User
 
ThaDevilGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: YFC/YUL
Country: Portugal
Posts: 9,731
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
Ott had 39-points last year (on pace for 43-points over a full season), so I think he definitely fits more into a 3rd liner role. His pace per 82-games has been over 40 points in 3 of the last 4 seasons.
Fair enough. I didn't he had that much offence in him.

ThaDevilGirl is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 10:42 AM
  #711
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou
 
Myron Gaines*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
Darche gone, Staubitz potentially gone. Moen and White likely re-signed.

So two spots open in the bottom 6. Looks like we're trying to change the face of the team.
Actually, put a face to the bottom 6.


I'm loving it.

Myron Gaines* is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 10:42 AM
  #712
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 6,455
vCash: 500
Why was Mueller traded out of Phoenix?

vokiel is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 10:46 AM
  #713
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,819
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
Fair enough. I didn't he had that much offence in him.
To be honest, I'm not sure of his situation in Dallas. He may have been playing with really solid offensive players for some of that time.

I crunched the stats quickly and over the past four seasons, he's scored a 43-point per 82-game pace - so definitely solid numbers. As far as goals go, he's scored at a 20-goal pace per 82-games over the same time period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
Why was Mueller traded out of Phoenix?
They were trying to get some scoring heading into the playoffs. They acquired Wolski and Stempniak for their playoff run. Scottie Upshall had got hurt and they needed to replace him.

They also nabbed Mathieu Schneider and Derek Morris for the run.

One Man Rock Band is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 10:46 AM
  #714
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,303
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
Why was Mueller traded out of Phoenix?
Phoenix didnt have the patience to stick with him during his sophomore slump.

--

Montreal not on Schultz's shortlist of 5 teams per TSN.Ca

Leafs, Sens, Oilers, Canucks or Rangers.


Last edited by One Man Rock Band: 06-28-2012 at 10:52 AM.
WeThreeKings is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 10:51 AM
  #715
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,819
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Montreal not on Schultz's shortlist of 5 teams per TSN.Ca

Leafs, Sens, Oilers, Canucks or Rangers.
I read something yesterday that it was down to the Oilers & Canucks now. I can't remember where though.

One Man Rock Band is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 10:51 AM
  #716
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou
 
Myron Gaines*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Montreal not on Schultz's shortlist of 5 teams per TSN.Ca

Leafs, Sens, Oilers, Canucks or Rangers.
My bet is on the oilers

Myron Gaines* is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 10:53 AM
  #717
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,819
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverAlone View Post
My bet is on the oilers
Why? I think the Oilers fanbase would give him far too much pressure.

Vancouver has a spot open on their Top-4 that he could easily slide into but they have enough guys with big names above him.

Hamhuis - Edler
Bieska - XXX (Schultz)
Ballard - Tanev
Alberts

One Man Rock Band is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 10:54 AM
  #718
Saopolo123
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 58
vCash: 500
NYR trade Brendan Dubinski, 3nd round 2013 to MTL for Tomas Plekanec.
MTL sign Gaustad to 3yr 6,6M.
MTL sign Mueller to 2yr 7M.
MTL sign Sutter to 5yr 35M.


Next year:
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole
Mueller - Dubinski - Gionta
Bourque - Eller - Pallushaj
Moen - Gaustad - White

Subban - Sutter
Markov - Gorges
Emilin - Kaberle
St Denis

Price
Budaj

Saopolo123 is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 10:57 AM
  #719
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,409
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saopolo123 View Post
NYR trade Brendan Dubinski, 3nd round 2013 to MTL for Tomas Plekanec.
MTL sign Gaustad to 3yr 6,6M.
MTL sign Mueller to 2yr 7M.
MTL sign Sutter to 5yr 35M.


Next year:
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole
Mueller - Dubinski - Gionta
Bourque - Eller - Pallushaj
Moen - Gaustad - White

Subban - Sutter
Markov - Gorges
Emilin - Kaberle
St Denis

Price
Budaj
I like Dubinsky but I think we can get him cheaper than for Plekanec, NYR is trying to move him to free up cap space. This is the worst possible time to trade Plekanec.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 10:59 AM
  #720
UniverStalinGraduate*
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I like Dubinsky but I think we can get him cheaper than for Plekanec, NYR is trying to move him to free up cap space. This is the worst possible time to trade Plekanec.
Yeah that Dubinsky trade is AWFUL.

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 11:00 AM
  #721
TennisMenace
Registered User
 
TennisMenace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 1,661
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverAlone View Post
My bet is on the oilers
I think Oilers too.

Leafs may be too busy looking to grab Prust or Doan or both.

TennisMenace is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 11:00 AM
  #722
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,819
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I like Dubinsky but I think we can get him cheaper than for Plekanec, NYR is trying to move him to free up cap space. This is the worst possible time to trade Plekanec.
I wonder if something like Kristo + a pick would work.

One Man Rock Band is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 11:02 AM
  #723
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,991
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saopolo123 View Post
NYR trade Brendan Dubinski, 3nd round 2013 to MTL for Tomas Plekanec.
MTL sign Gaustad to 3yr 6,6M.
MTL sign Mueller to 2yr 7M.
MTL sign Sutter to 5yr 35M.


Next year:
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole
Mueller - Dubinski - Gionta
Bourque - Eller - Pallushaj
Moen - Gaustad - White

Subban - Sutter
Markov - Gorges
Emilin - Kaberle
St Denis

Price
Budaj
Dubinsky is overrated and his contract isn't a very cap friendly one

34 pts for 4.2 a year isn't that great of an investment, not for our best 2 way player that puts up double the points

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 11:09 AM
  #724
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic
 
Captain Smurf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Thornhill, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
Why? I think the Oilers fanbase would give him far too much pressure.

Vancouver has a spot open on their Top-4 that he could easily slide into but they have enough guys with big names above him.

Hamhuis - Edler
Bieska - XXX (Schultz)
Ballard - Tanev
Alberts
Ya, Vancouver seems like the Best fit for Schultz. He slots in perfectly to get a top-4 role and PP time and play with a legitimate Cup contender.

Captain Smurf is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 11:09 AM
  #725
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 23,268
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
Exactly. And I guarantee you that the reason they weren't qualified is that it would have cost a lot to qualify both. I'm not 100% sure how qualifying offers works (cap hit or salary), but still. Mueller's qualifying offer was minimum $2M while Latendresse's was minimum $2.5M.

$2.5M is too much for a guy who played 27 games in the last two seasons. Latendresse will probably have to take around $1M to prove he can stay healthy.

$2M for Mueller, who is basically a really good defensive center, is on the bubble when he missed 63 games in the past two seasons he played. He missed an entire year between. He will probably need to take around $1M this year.

Both teams (Avalance, Wild) may try to sign both guys when they become UFA's, but for the value, it's easy to see why Minnesota and Colorado passed.
There you go buddy:

''Players earning $660,000 or less will be entitled to qualifying offers (QO) at 110% of their prior year's salary; players earning more than $660,000 and up to $1 million will be entitled to QOs at 105% of prior year's salary; players earning more than $1 million will be entitled to QO at 100% of their prior year's salary.''

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26366

So, both those guys would not get any increase as they earned 1M+. They would get a QO of the same salary.
So in Mueller's case, it would be 2.5M, and Lats 2.6M.

Because of their injuries, it's understandable teams simply don't want to pay them that much. It's also why other teams might actually get lucky signing them for cheap and them staying healthy.

Kriss E is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:48 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.