*OFFICIAL* Peterborough Petes 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
06-28-2012, 10:08 AM
Petes96

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesFan94 View Post
Dave Reid claims there that they want one more "top 6 forward" I find that interesting because they already have 9 forwards who can score... Quine, Ritchie, Menard, Findlay, Nosad, Lorentz, then you have your rookies.. Betzold, Cornel, Tanus. Who out of those kids would go down to the 4th? I think they all deserve to be top 9.

I say trade Trojanvoic+Thompson for Gregg Sutch + Picks and let him be a leader with grit on the fourth line and your team is set for all season with great depth.
your counting on Betzold, Cornel and Tanus to score? none are proven OHLers yet. Tanus is a small forward, Cornell is a playmaker and I'm not sold on Betzold at all. I didn't see a lot out of him at the rookie camp.

Old
06-28-2012, 10:17 AM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes96 View Post
your counting on Betzold, Cornel and Tanus to score? none are proven OHLers yet. Tanus is a small forward, Cornell is a playmaker and I'm not sold on Betzold at all. I didn't see a lot out of him at the rookie camp.
Your gunna play Tanus and Betzold on the fourth lol? Tanus will step in and get 30 points next year. None of those 3 forwards SHOULD play on the fourth line.

Old
06-28-2012, 11:02 AM
Petes96

Quote:
Your gunna play Tanus and Betzold on the fourth lol? Tanus will step in and get 30 points next year. None of those 3 forwards SHOULD play on the fourth line.
so you're going to put Betzold and Tanus ahead of two players who played last year? Pierog and Thompson?

Old
06-28-2012, 11:05 AM
defensehockey19

Quote:
so you're going to put Betzold and Tanus ahead of two players who played last year? Pierog and Thompson?
Based on Potential and Upside. Yes. If they fail.. Then sure demote them to the fourth.

Anyways, Mat Robson has signed with the club today according to his twitter. @Matrobson1

Old
06-28-2012, 11:33 AM
Petes96

Quote:
Based on Potential and Upside. Yes. If they fail.. Then sure demote them to the fourth.

Anyways, Mat Robson has signed with the club today according to his twitter. @Matrobson1
you have never saw Tanus or Betzold play. You're sounding like Reid more and more. There is far more potential in Thompson and Pierog as we have already saw

Old
06-28-2012, 01:02 PM
defensehockey19

Quote:
you have never saw Tanus or Betzold play. You're sounding like Reid more and more. There is far more potential in Thompson and Pierog as we have already saw
Are you kidding? Thompson and Pierog showed they are not top 6 players based on their styles alone... Betzold and Tanus are known as skilled hockey players. I'm not saying Thompson and Pierog are not valuable too this team cause they are... They just need to know there role is to forecheck skate hard and chip in here and there.

Old
06-28-2012, 01:31 PM
Petes96

Quote:
Are you kidding? Thompson and Pierog showed they are not top 6 players based on their styles alone... Betzold and Tanus are known as skilled hockey players. I'm not saying Thompson and Pierog are not valuable too this team cause they are... They just need to know there role is to forecheck skate hard and chip in here and there.
mark my words Betzold will be a fourth line player

Old
06-28-2012, 01:54 PM
defensehockey19

Quote:
mark my words Betzold will be a fourth line player
If we get another top 6, sure. And if that's the case.. I'm extremely excited for next season. Great depth.

Old
06-28-2012, 02:29 PM
Petes96

Quote:
If we get another top 6, sure. And if that's the case.. I'm extremely excited for next season. Great depth.
and what are your projected lines now?

Old
06-28-2012, 02:35 PM
defensehockey19

Quote:
and what are your projected lines now?
Don't know if your trying to be rude or actually interested... Lol... But if we got say Beyers.....

Ritchie-Quine-Beyers
Menard-Findlay-Nosad
Lorentz-Cornel-Tanus
Maguire-Pierog-Betzold

While its still pretty young I think that top 6 can do damage in the east.

Old
06-28-2012, 02:46 PM
Petes96

Quote:
Don't know if your trying to be rude or actually interested... Lol... But if we got say Beyers.....

Ritchie-Quine-Beyers
Menard-Findlay-Nosad
Lorentz-Cornel-Tanus
Maguire-Pierog-Betzold

While its still pretty young I think that top 6 can do damage in the east.
not being rude at all. just interested as you are. But I do know according to the article that Ritchie will be moving to the right side this year. Beyers is an OA and I'm positive that Reid is not trading for another OA.

with the NHL lock out possible there will be an abundance of OA's available. We will start the season with Fitz as well until Quine comes back from their NHL camps (if there is one).

But keep in mind there is still Mathers, Thompson, and Hatcher to put in the line-up. If Reid is true to his word and planning on a trade with his two seconds I would imagine that Mathers will be part of the deal. So there are still lots of things up in the air and not many spots open.

Old
06-28-2012, 02:59 PM
defensehockey19

Quote:
not being rude at all. just interested as you are. But I do know according to the article that Ritchie will be moving to the right side this year. Beyers is an OA and I'm positive that Reid is not trading for another OA.

with the NHL lock out possible there will be an abundance of OA's available. We will start the season with Fitz as well until Quine comes back from their NHL camps (if there is one).

But keep in mind there is still Mathers, Thompson, and Hatcher to put in the line-up. If Reid is true to his word and planning on a trade with his two seconds I would imagine that Mathers will be part of the deal. So there are still lots of things up in the air and not many spots open.
Mathers + 2 2nd's could bring in quite the haul.. I think he has a high value around the league for what he does.

Old
06-28-2012, 03:26 PM
aresknights

Quote:
Mathers + 2 2nd's could bring in quite the haul.. I think he has a high value around the league for what he does.
Would AA from the Knights be of any interest?

Old
06-28-2012, 03:42 PM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
Would AA from the Knights be of any interest?
LOL, maybe for just Mathers.

Old
06-28-2012, 06:26 PM
BigBuck

Quote:
I don't think you should underestimate Cornel's scoring ability,He was a big time goal scorer and his coach's tried to get him to use his teammates a little more the last couple of years. I think he will end up being a great player who will score his share of goals.

Old
06-28-2012, 06:38 PM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBuck View Post
I don't think you should underestimate Cornel's scoring ability,He was a big time goal scorer and his coach's tried to get him to use his teammates a little more the last couple of years. I think he will end up being a great player who will score his share of goals.

He wasn't too impressive at rookie camp, although this is a small sample size. I hope he comes to camp ready to go and impresses right out of the gate.

Old
06-28-2012, 06:59 PM
NHL Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBuck View Post
You have to throw minor hockey out the window, its completely irrelevant now. The OHL is completely different game, players are older, stronger, faster, and goalies are a lot better. Not saying goal scoring won't translate but it will take him some time to adjust. There were many scorers in the past draft who did not live up to their goal scoring expectation.

Old
06-28-2012, 10:21 PM
Racer14
Always Watching

I have faith in Cornel...He plays the game at top speed and is the only one in this draft class who shows hi-speed decision making on the same level as connor mcdavid.

He will be fine, just give him the ice time and play him with guys who can skate as well as he can but who can also bang a bit...he will need a bit of protection out there so he feels comfortable making those plays.

Old
06-28-2012, 10:33 PM
Tigers1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Fanatic View Post
You have to throw minor hockey out the window, its completely irrelevant now. The OHL is completely different game, players are older, stronger, faster, and goalies are a lot better. Not saying goal scoring won't translate but it will take him some time to adjust. There were many scorers in the past draft who did not live up to their goal scoring expectation.
Exactly.

Pencilling rookies into top 9 areas is fool hardy. Let them earn their ice on the bottom 3. Betzold, Tanus, Maguire and Cornel have yet to skate a shift in the OHL. Cornel comes with a high pedigree, so you put him in the top 9 and get him ice time. The others? You absolutely can not assume they will be good enough to be top 9 forwards.

Betzold has never played at a level near this, and was undrafted for two years, hes a project. Maguire will be 16 and bring a good honest effort, but needs to adjust to the pace of the game. I have no idea what Tanus will be, but so many Imports disapear as quickly as they come in, so until he proves it, hes a wildcard that you can't count on.

Imagine if they did play both Tanus and Betzold on the third line and both struggled mightily, Dave would get lit up by fans for not bringing in more depth.

Can't have it both ways.

Old
06-28-2012, 10:59 PM
chriryan

petes sign robson i think the writings on the wall for dagostini finished dead last 2 years in a row in goaltending i predict guigavez will start robson will back up. guigavez will come as advertised dags will be fighting for his job.

Old
06-28-2012, 11:30 PM
NHL Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriryan View Post
petes sign robson i think the writings on the wall for dagostini finished dead last 2 years in a row in goaltending i predict guigavez will start robson will back up. guigavez will come as advertised dags will be fighting for his job.
Robson is signed yes but I don't think he stays with the Petes this year. Michael Giugovaz will probably play a back role, and move to a starter the year after.

Old
06-28-2012, 11:36 PM
chriryan

guigavez may start as back up but will quickly become starter i dont think dagostini is a good goalie we cant go in with red light in the net . dagostini wont cut it guigi will start.

Old
06-28-2012, 11:46 PM
NHL Fanatic

Quote:
guigavez may start as back up but will quickly become starter i dont think dagostini is a good goalie we cant go in with red light in the net . dagostini wont cut it guigi will start.
Possibly but the Petes want to win, they won't go with two rookie tenders in Giugovaz and Robson. This is the same reason why Mississauga acquired Vasilevski in the draft. Spencer Martin could easily start but if Vasilevski is able to come over they would much prefer that.

Old
06-29-2012, 02:32 AM
chriryan

i have a real hard time thinking dagostini will be are starter hes horrible. i really hope not dags isnt a good goalie he has done zip two show he can get the job done at a high level. wer in trouble if dags is the starter severe trouble. 17 isnt out of the question two be a starter. if robson does steel the show at camp i think you have no choice but too roll the dice with guigui.

Old
06-29-2012, 07:41 AM
Petes96

Quote:
i have a real hard time thinking dagostini will be are starter hes horrible. i really hope not dags isnt a good goalie he has done zip two show he can get the job done at a high level. wer in trouble if dags is the starter severe trouble. 17 isnt out of the question two be a starter. if robson does steel the show at camp i think you have no choice but too roll the dice with guigui.
Robson will not start with the team. He'll be close, probably play in Cobourg or Lindsay. Dag will start for sure and will lose his job by November to Giggy. Giggy is the real deal and its his draft season so he needs to be showcased and allowed to play.

Closed Thread