HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Luongo XVII - Goaldeny (Mod Warning In OP)

Closed Thread

Old
06-28-2012, 12:21 PM
freakydave

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
To the 1st bolded, thankfully Burke disagreed.

To the 2nd bolded, do all those trade threads deal with a limited market, player with a NTC, player who is 33 on a long term deal, player who's team really wants to deal him. Each and every 1 of these things effect value.
You see that's what I'm talking about you think Gardiner + pick is overpayment.Would you move Gardiner for nash or ryan??

I noticed in your response there was no mention of a rhd/top 6fwd you would offer for luongo-you know to address a need the Canucks have-

Every player on the block has some reason they are going to be moved.I conceded that in a cap world financial considerations will affect a trade.All of the things you talk about do indeed impact trade value but there has to be something of value coming from your side or else why would GMMG trade with the leafs?

Old
06-28-2012, 12:22 PM
mstad101

Quote:
Lombardi has 1 year at 3.5 (i believe), not exactly crippling for a servicable player who can play both wing and center.
At this point I'm more inclined to ask for Connolly. He gives Vancouver a proven point producer when healthy who can play 2nd line center. With Kesler out till Nov/Dec we'll need someone without the worrisome of a concussion history that has kept a guy out a full season.

Anyone thinking Schneids signs a 1 year deal at anything under the 4.71 limit for compensation and your team actually acquiring Cory is out to lunch. Any offer sheet to Cory that won't be matched has to be high and 1 year otherwise Vancouver matches and rolls with both goalies at around the same cap percentage theyve rolled at before when Lu took near 10% of that cap before.

The reason I'm so sure about this, 2 years ago Cory had a chance to become a UFA due to games played an years served for a goaltender and personally chose to sign a 2 year deal to stay with the club who have brought him along since college. The guy is the truest professional, he has never complained about the situation he's in, the role he's played or ice time he receives.

Also anyone saying Florida's interest isn't real, why would Tallon have publicly stated he's willingness to go after Lu and a previous conversation with ownership to acquire the big money contract.
Florida was the only team with a bigger playoff drought than the Leafs up till this season, and even with their advertisement deal for the upper bowl in the stadium, the Panthers would like to continue making money. A proven goaltender with a playoff record can easily make them money.

Old
06-28-2012, 12:25 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

I love how the thread titles have become infinitely more interesting than the topic.

Old
06-28-2012, 12:34 PM
Halibut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltsfan2029 View Post
If the offer is that low, Vancouver matches, Schneider stays where he is another year and ends up at the same place (UFA) at the end. And he only has to move to a new city and go to all that trouble once if he signs elsewhere after that year.

I don't know, seems like an awful lot of trouble and work for nothing.
Might be but the cost is minimal. If it works you either get an excellent goaltending prospect fairly inexpensively or you get him to free agency in one year. If you dont make an offer the Canucks hold his rights and get a long term deal signed and he never gets to free agency. The team holds the cards with RFA's they have to sign and give up some UFA years or the team just holds their rights until they do.

Old
06-28-2012, 12:39 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
FWIW Schneider said he's sure he'll end up with a contract, but it might not happen for a week or so. As per TSN.

Old
06-28-2012, 12:41 PM
Slot 3
exitus acta probat

vCash: 600
These thread titles are highly amusing.

Old
06-28-2012, 12:45 PM
Halibut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
FWIW Schneider said he's sure he'll end up with a contract, but it might not happen for a week or so. As per TSN.
Yeah they wrote it up pretty provocatively. Talking about the possibility of him getting an RFA offersheet and then his quote of either way he's sure he'll have a contract next season. Makes it sound like he's open to an RFA offersheet.

Not sure exactly what question was asked but I wouldnt be surprised if the writing was a bit spun to make that sound more plausible.

Old
06-28-2012, 12:48 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halibut View Post
Yeah they wrote it up pretty provocatively. Talking about the possibility of him getting an RFA offersheet and then his quote of either way he's sure he'll have a contract next season. Makes it sound like he's open to an RFA offersheet.

Not sure exactly what question was asked but I wouldnt be surprised if the writing was a bit spun to make that sound more plausible.
To be honest now that I look back on it I'm not even certain they were talking about the CBA "deal". I think it fits into context just as well.

Old
06-28-2012, 12:56 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakydave View Post
You see that's what I'm talking about you think Gardiner + pick is overpayment.Would you move Gardiner for nash or ryan??

I noticed in your response there was no mention of a rhd/top 6fwd you would offer for luongo-you know to address a need the Canucks have-

Every player on the block has some reason they are going to be moved.I conceded that in a cap world financial considerations will affect a trade.All of the things you talk about do indeed impact trade value but there has to be something of value coming from your side or else why would GMMG trade with the leafs?
1st off,Burke (rumoured) pulled out of a Nash deal because of Gardiner. We just got JVR so that sort of negates Ryan. The only RHD top 6 forward we have is Kessel, and i'm pretty sure thats a no-go. The most important thing the Leafs can offer Vancouver is a destination for Luongo. IF FLA has little interest, were else is he gonna go? I'm not lowballing, i've offered prospects/picks as well as a servicable player/dump.

Old
06-28-2012, 12:56 PM
mstad101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
To be honest now that I look back on it I'm not even certain they were talking about the CBA "deal". I think it fits into context just as well.
Well Schneids is on the players committee for the negotiations on this new CBA deal.
This quote sounds very directed for the answer given could mean a number of different things. This a good piece for TSN and nothing else, a bit of a clip to punch Free agency up a bit.

Old
06-28-2012, 01:01 PM
cyris
Global Moderator
On a Soma Holiday

vCash: 797
Quote:
1st off,Burke (rumoured) pulled out of a Nash deal because of Gardiner. We just got JVR so that sort of negates Ryan. The only RHD top 6 forward we have is Kessel, and i'm pretty sure thats a no-go. The most important thing the Leafs can offer Vancouver is a destination for Luongo. IF FLA has little interest, were else is he gonna go? I'm not lowballing, i've offered prospects/picks as well as a servicable player/dump.
Lupul?

Old
06-28-2012, 01:02 PM
Killericon

What I'm hoping for, more than anything, is that when the actual trade goes down, it's for a return not even brought up as a possibility in the last 16,000 posts.

Vancouver has to match anything that Schneider signs, right? I don't even know why that's a point of discussion.

Old
06-28-2012, 01:03 PM
Kessely Snipes
Great White North

Awesome thread title haha. Goldeneye will always be one of my favorite Bond movies.

Old
06-28-2012, 01:04 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
Lupul?
Wierdly,hockeydb had him listed as a center, so i didn't want to post misinfo. Lupul isn't going for Luongo either.

Old
06-28-2012, 01:05 PM
TOML

Sure this has been asked 17 times, but what happens when the Bond franchise is milked?

TOML

Old
06-28-2012, 01:06 PM
NuxFan09

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicDing View Post
The next one has to be This Thread Never Dies
Love it!

Old
06-28-2012, 01:08 PM
cyris
Global Moderator
On a Soma Holiday

Quote:
Wierdly,hockeydb had him listed as a center, so i didn't want to post misinfo. Lupul isn't going for Luongo either.
LOL, has he ever played center in the NHL?
But yea he certanly isnt going anywhere but he is RHD.

Old
06-28-2012, 01:09 PM
cyris
Global Moderator
On a Soma Holiday

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOML View Post
Sure this has been asked 17 times, but what happens when the Bond franchise is milked?

TOML
The Op said he is done at that point. Someone else will have to come up with a new series.

Old
06-28-2012, 01:11 PM
medhatcanuck

Did I miss something. Hasn't loungo already turned down Toronto?

Old
06-28-2012, 01:13 PM
Pacem

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstad101 View Post
At this point I'm more inclined to ask for Connolly. He gives Vancouver a proven point producer when healthy who can play 2nd line center. With Kesler out till Nov/Dec we'll need someone without the worrisome of a concussion history that has kept a guy out a full season.

Anyone thinking Schneids signs a 1 year deal at anything under the 4.71 limit for compensation and your team actually acquiring Cory is out to lunch. Any offer sheet to Cory that won't be matched has to be high and 1 year otherwise Vancouver matches and rolls with both goalies at around the same cap percentage theyve rolled at before when Lu took near 10% of that cap before.

The reason I'm so sure about this, 2 years ago Cory had a chance to become a UFA due to games played an years served for a goaltender and personally chose to sign a 2 year deal to stay with the club who have brought him along since college. The guy is the truest professional, he has never complained about the situation he's in, the role he's played or ice time he receives.

Also anyone saying Florida's interest isn't real, why would Tallon have publicly stated he's willingness to go after Lu and a previous conversation with ownership to acquire the big money contract.
Florida was the only team with a bigger playoff drought than the Leafs up till this season, and even with their advertisement deal for the upper bowl in the stadium, the Panthers would like to continue making money. A proven goaltender with a playoff record can easily make them money.
I am pretty sure that you are wrong about the bolded part. I believe what he could have done is sign a one year deal forcing the Canucks to play him at lest 26 or 27 games or something like that or he'd become a UFA after the 1 year deal.

Schneider had absolutely no bargaining power at the time. The Canucks were not offering a one year deal so he had to take the 2 year deal. No team would offersheet him at the time as he was still not established. He signed a two year deal because the Canucks wanted him to. He didn't do it out of the goodness of his heart.

Old
jfisher6
#thestructure

vCash: 50
Loving the title lol

Old
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by medhatcanuck View Post
Debunked by Bobby Mac.

Old
06-28-2012, 01:16 PM
freakydave

Quote:
When I wrote RHD I meant right handed D man or top6 fwd sorry for the confusion.I never expected Kessel.
It's not the point I was asking what you thought of Gardiner for nash or ryan as part of a deal-not that toronto needs either.
The difference between Nash/Ryan & Luongo is that toronto needs to upgrade in goal.

to the bolded part
I literally laughed out loud when you refered to Lombardi as serviceable.
I would rather take Santorelli off waivers than have Lombardi anywhere on the Canucks unless he was part of trade where the Canucks got one of those other pieces they actually need.

Old
06-28-2012, 01:18 PM
LPH
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
let's get these posts going! I want to see the next thread title!

Old
06-28-2012, 01:19 PM
AlmightyPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by medhatcanuck View Post
Did he actually turn down Toronto? I thought he would just rather prefer Florida.

Closed Thread