HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Brisebois raring to go

Old
06-27-2012, 06:30 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Is it really worth taking a roster spot away from one of our young players?
Maybe the plan is to let them develop in the AHL, which would explain the asking for patience by Brisebois.

I wonder if the Habs management is planning for a season starting after Xmas because of a work stoppage.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 07:32 AM
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!

Maybe Bergevin doesn't want Gomez around the young kids. No telling how he would react going to the minors. So maybe MB thinks its easiest to scratch him.

Hawkguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 07:37 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 1100
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
Maybe Bergevin doesn't want Gomez around the young kids. No telling how he would react going to the minors. So maybe MB thinks its easiest to scratch him.
Who knows but we can put him waivers any time during season. People expect news now about something that may take place in training camp or maybe in February. Who knows.

For now, it seems like no buyout. Now it's just a matter of seeing what the options are and if Gomez appears to be a useful NHLer.

LyricalLyricist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 07:46 AM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

vCash: 1380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
So I guess what I suspected will likely happen, Gomez won't be buried.
...maybe drowned in Molson beer.

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 10:18 AM
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Who knows but we can put him waivers any time during season. People expect news now about something that may take place in training camp or maybe in February. Who knows.

For now, it seems like no buyout. Now it's just a matter of seeing what the options are and if Gomez appears to be a useful NHLer.
I am perfectly happy if we strike out on the FA market to keep him on the team as a #13 forward. Yeah, it sucks to spend that much money on him in a depth role - but I'd rather that, then buying him out completely (unless of course not buying him out, means they won't go after the good FA's) - but if they do and strike out and settle for a plan C (Boyes?), then I'm fine with keeping Gomez as a spare part, I guess.

I mean C depth wise, if one of DD, Eller, or Pleks goes down we have nothing better in the minors until Galchenyuk is ready.

So basically, if we need the cap space, send him to Hamilton or send him on loan (if he prefers). If we don't, we might as well keep him so long as he understands his role going forward. Under no circumstance, should we buy him out.

Old
06-28-2012, 10:19 AM
Andy

I always liked Brisebois. I especially loved him upon his second return to the habs. He's a good man.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 11:07 AM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

I really doubt Brisebois has any idea or any say in Gomez'--or any player's--contract situation so I wouldn't read into what he said.

Gabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 11:09 AM
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe84 View Post
I really doubt Brisebois has any idea or any say in Gomez'--or any player's--contract situation so I wouldn't read into what he said.
All he said is that the team has an awesome core and will get even better when some bad contracts expire.

What's your point?

Old
06-28-2012, 11:11 AM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

Quote:
All he said is that the team has an awesome core and will get even better when some bad contracts expire.

What's your point?
I was mostly trying to say that it's silly to speculate on Gomez' future with the Habs based on Brisebois' comments.

Gabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 11:14 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Sounds like Brisebois has a lot of enthusiasm for his job and has a lot of experience he can trasmit to these kids. Like was mentionned in the article in the past, surrounding young playters was a big issue, hopefully they do bettor mentoring like Gonchar with Malkin and Crosby with Lemieux.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 11:18 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Gomez is overpaid but he seems like a nice person. I don't think he'll do something like that.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 11:32 AM
Mad Habber

All the prospects went through the development camp. I see Breezer probably paying a visit to most of the guys with his skates and sticks in hand and working for an hour or two with them throughout the season. Go see one prospect, and work on skating with him if that's was one of his shortcomings. Take the kid out for dinner, and discuss the pro life with him. Tell him to keep working hard, work on your skating, and keep up the good work. Then head on down the road to the next prospect. Probably spend half his time working in Hamilton. A bit in Montreal with the rookies. Sounds like a full time job, but a satisfying one when they succeed or even just get a call up.

He was always a good guy and professional, so this job is probably tailor made for him.

Mad Habber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 11:43 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Gomez is overpaid but he seems like a nice person. I don't think he'll do something like that.
The best thing for Gomez is to go play KHL for a year, get out of the NHL fishbowl, if he can go there and put up good numbers I'm sure somebody would take a chance on him for 1 year 7.35 cap hit 4.5 mil salary, lots of small market teams have tons of cap room and can't afford mainsteam UFA's.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 01:34 PM
ClasslessGuy

Really like what i see from Brisebois, in the video (lapresse.ca) you see him encouraging and talking with our new recruits.

ClasslessGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 01:38 PM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy View Post
Really like what i see from Brisebois, in the video (lapresse.ca) you see him encouraging and talking with our new recruits.
Which one? The 30 second long one where they call Galchenyuk a russian?

For real, Is that the one though? I just see Brisebois at the end giving a hand to Nystrom

LaurentHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 01:46 PM
SeriousHabs

No one has mentioned Gionta and Markov? You guys like those contracts? They combine for 100 games per year and are on the decline. I personally can't wait for them to expire.

SeriousHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 02:01 PM
FinnHab

So Breezer is gonna be Lapointe`s right hand man? Or did i misunderstood new org completely??

FinnHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 02:10 PM
Uwey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I was going to post about the same thing. Interesting comment. I'd guess Gomez and Kaberle for starters.

I took it that he was speaking of players like Gionta, Cole & Markov, as their deals ended, there will prospects ready to step in to the vacated roster spots & guys like Patches, Eller & PK will be ready to take on the leadership roles these guys provide.

Uwey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 04:40 PM
pirolafire

What does this mean?

Quote:
Brisebois will work with all of the teamís drafted and minor-pro defence prospects, probably skating with each except American university players; collegiate rules prohibit that.

pirolafire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 04:48 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirolafire View Post
What does this mean?
Brisebois can't work with US college&university players because of rules preventing these players from getting benefits from pro teams. Same reason why NHL teams can't invite these players to training camp.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 06:34 PM
canadiensnation
The Drive for 25.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig71 View Post
What kind of muffins were they?
Poppy seed!!

canadiensnation is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 08:09 PM
LeMAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnHab View Post
So Breezer is gonna be Lapointe`s right hand man? Or did i misunderstood new org completely??
The way I understood it, Brisebois' job would be to help them in their personal life.

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 06:53 AM
baldrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...424/story.html

Just be patient. Let some contracts run their course.
Uh oh!

baldrick is offline   Reply With Quote