HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

J.Boumeester to STL Blues

Old
06-28-2012, 11:11 AM
Volica

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
St. Louis doesn't want to give up anything of any real value for Bouwmeester. He won't be going there.
St. Louis fan boys won't give anything for Bouwmeester. Who knows what the gm thinks, a lot of under valuing going on in this trade as well, I'm surprised.

Volica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 11:14 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamester View Post
So what were Gona trade him for the nothing then. What's the point of this thread thn . Bouwmeester for rattie
We didn't start it, so why do Flames fans want him gone.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 11:36 AM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
No one wants to give anything of value for Bouwmeester, when will you guys realize this.
Quote:
We didn't start it, so why do Flames fans want him gone.
This post is a fail.

No one from Calgary is saying we want to get rid of him. I assume these threads keep popping up because of the speculation that he is available.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 11:38 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
This post is a fail.
Well how did our last Bouwmeester thread go, how did the Detroit one go? He won't be a top dman on a contender and contenders don't want that contract.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 11:46 AM
Be a Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miokid View Post
St. Louis fan boys won't give anything for Bouwmeester. Who knows what the gm thinks, a lot of under valuing going on in this trade as well, I'm surprised.
This

Be a Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 12:28 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Quote:
Well how did our last Bouwmeester thread go, how did the Detroit one go? He won't be a top dman on a contender and contenders don't want that contract.
I didn't read the Detroit thread and TBH I could care less. What I am concerned with is facts, not perceptions of fans on HF. Bouwmeester is currently our #1 dman on our team and the role he serves on our team is enormous. Please try and understand this, it be devastating to our defence to lose him and not replace at least some of what he brings. Trading him for D'Agostini and a 2nd is really not even close.

If no GM is willing to give up anything of value, then no problem. We will just keep him to play with Wideman.

Old
06-28-2012, 12:43 PM
Novacain

Quote:
It really comes down to this, and the thread should end at it. Calgary fans, much like Toronto fans did, can whine and say we are being unfair, but the Blues aren't going to make trades that don't make sense for players who don't fit our needs. We want a top 6 C and a top pair LHD. Blues fans don't view him as a top pair defensemen on a stanley cup contender. So, therefor, we aren't going to offer much omre then spare parts.

Novacain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 12:45 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Quote:
You're probably right. I am just sick of reading these garbage proposals and would rather this thread just die.

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 12:45 PM
Bruins71*
Bergeron for Selke

Bouwmeester is terrible and no one wants him.

Bruins71* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 12:58 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 714
As a Blues fan, this is the 3rd thread in about a week I've seen where Calgary fans are trying to convince me that the Blues need to trade a roster forward for Bouwmeester. The consensus among Blues fans is nearly unanimous that we don't want him, and even those that DO think he'd be the right guy to pair with Pietro don't want to pay more than scaps (if you count a borderline top 6 forward in D'Agostini plus a pick as scraps). So why am I getting lectured about it again now? Can we just not have another one of these threads?

The asking price for Bouwmeester is completely out of proportion to his value to my team. Just keep him and enjoy.

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 01:16 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post
Can we just not have another one of these threads?

The asking price for Bouwmeester is completely out of proportion to his value to my team. Just keep him and enjoy.
I completely agree.

Old
06-28-2012, 01:20 PM
Kershaw

Bouwmeester's value should be that of Brian Campbell's. An overpaid roster player basically.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 01:27 PM
blankall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Bouwmeester's value should be that of Brian Campbell's. An overpaid roster player basically.
Not comparable in any way. Campbell is a 33 year old who had 5 more years on his contract and coming off a 27 point season. JBo is a 28 year old with 2 more years on his contract.

The Flames don't need to move JBo. Chicago needed to get rid of Campbell.

blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 01:30 PM
HooliganX2

vCash: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Pretty much this IMO Campbell is a better player on a worse contract then Boumeester. Rostislav Olesz was the return. Due the the difference in contracts going off of that trade D'Agostini and a 2nd is pretty fair value.

Campbell teams make the playoffs Boumeester teams don't......

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 01:35 PM
Blues88

Quote:
STL get's a top-2 D-man who can play top minutes and fit in well with Shattenkirk/Pietrangelo. CGY gets a bad contract back in McDonald, who will also help fill out our center position and is great in faceoffs. Ryan Reeves adds some toughness/grit and the 5th round pick makes up for the one we gave to WSH for Wideman.

Thoughts? Too one-sided?
McDonald's contract is bad in the context of his health. In reality he's the most consistent player on the team. Given the fact that he's our best playmaker, I don't know what good it would do the Blues to give him up.

Boumeester isn't a good partner for Pietrangelo. It would be a mild upgrade over Coliaccovo on this particular top pairing. Blues need a guy who's going to be either a more effective puck mover or a gritty, physical player who can allow Petro to take more risks. Boumeester isn't a good fit with Petro. Pairing him with Shattenkirk would be a bit better but would create a logjam beneath with Cole, Jackman, and Russel.

In short, nah. Just not a good deal for both sides. McDonald isn't an ideal center in the top 6. Not enough size. Incredible winger though (and we need him more than any other team).

Blues88 is offline   Reply With Quote