HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jokinen heading to free agency

Closed Thread

Old
06-28-2012, 02:33 PM
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
He didn't reinvent anything. Coaches just don't let him take 350 shots a season anymore. Over the course of the last 15 years, the two most inefficient and overrated forwards in the league have been Scott Gomez and Olli Jokinen. Non-existent hockey sense. He's a loser who puts up points on bad teams.

I get a migraine from watching him play. Every shift, he does things that make you want to break your television screen. He's just not a smart player.
Maybe you just watched him in NY. He's been fine for Calgary - putting up points and re-inventing his game to play more of a two-way role. You don't play on a mediocre team's second line and put up points if you're a terrible player. His only real annoying flaw is his inconsistency - and he still put up 61 points this season.

I think you just have an irrational hate for a player that's better than you're advertising him as.

Old
06-28-2012, 02:39 PM
tikkanen5rings*

Quote:
He didn't reinvent anything. Coaches just don't let him take 350 shots a season anymore. Over the course of the last 15 years, the two most inefficient and overrated forwards in the league have been Scott Gomez and Olli Jokinen. Non-existent hockey sense. He's a loser who puts up points on bad teams.

I get a migraine from watching him play. Every shift, he does things that make you want to break your television screen. He's just not a smart player.
What a ******** of ****.
He is a smart physical BIG center with a good nose for the net. In his prime he was a top 7 C league wide.
One can only do so much by him self.

Maybe he is a bit selfish but that comes from being the only offencive threat in a horrible Panthers team.
This is a great player who receives undeserved flak for having a funny face and playing in horrible teams

Old
06-28-2012, 02:45 PM
SoupyFIN
Lu ♥

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reini29 View Post
The world turns before Olli scores the game winner in a stanley cup playoff game.
Quote:
He isnt terrible by any means but he is not a winner. Whether it be the NT's or trying to make the playoffs in the NHL he has never been able to ultimately do what it takes. He just has some kind of bad aura around him
Quote:
Maybe im just bitter because he always sucked for team Finland I'll stick with my opinion though.
Yeah. 2 goals in a game for Olympic Bronze, with the last one turning out to be the GWG. He's such a choker.

Old
06-28-2012, 02:48 PM
tikkanen5rings*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupyFIN View Post
Yeah. 2 goals in a game for Olympic Bronze, with the last one turning out to be the GWG. He's such a choker.
Not to mention he is top5 in OT finishers ALLTIME?

Old
06-28-2012, 02:50 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man View Post
Maybe you just watched him in NY. He's been fine for Calgary - putting up points and re-inventing his game to play more of a two-way role. You don't play on a mediocre team's second line and put up points if you're a terrible player. His only real annoying flaw is his inconsistency - and he still put up 61 points this season.

I think you just have an irrational hate for a player that's better than you're advertising him as.
Maybe I watched him everywhere he's played and came to this belief long before he ever had anything to do with the Rangers. My opinion of the player is derived from both my observation of him and analysis of statistics. I don't know how much more rational I can get. I have absolutely no reason to be biased against him. You, on the other hand, have plenty of reason to be biased for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikkanen5rings View Post
What a ******** of ****.
He is a smart physical BIG center with a good nose for the net. In his prime he was a top 7 C league wide.
One can only do so much by him self.

Maybe he is a bit selfish but that comes from being the only offencive threat in a horrible Panthers team.
This is a great player who receives undeserved flak for having a funny face and playing in horrible teams
And so do you.

He's neither smart (in fact, he's really, really not smart) and he's not nearly physical enough for a player of his size. At no point in his career was he ever close to being a top 7 C league wide. He put up big numbers while taking an obscene amount of shots on a mediocre team. Isn't it a coincidence how every time he's on a team, they seem to be horrible or mediocre? Maybe he's part of the reason they're horrible or mediocre?

Great player.

I'll stand by my opinion. He's one of the dumbest "star" offensive players this league has ever seen. A guy that drives coaches nuts with his decision making, particularly in the offensive zone.

Old
06-28-2012, 02:55 PM
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters

Quote:
Maybe I watched him everywhere he's played and came to this belief long before he ever had anything to do with the Rangers. My opinion of the player is derived from both my observation of him and analysis of statistics. I don't know how much more rational I can get. I have absolutely no reason to be biased against him. You, on the other hand, have plenty of reason to be biased for him.
You've watched him everywhere he's played? Did you watch him in every single game he played in last season for Calgary, and the season before that? You know, in the seasons that actually matter? Cause I have. Have you?

Your analysis is old and outdated. You've even admitted it by saying you've formed your opinion of him long before he was even a Ranger. And you mention analysis of statistics... I'm curious to see what stats you analyzed, how you analyzed them and the manner in which you've interpreted them. Care to share your holy wisdom with us on this claim?

As for bias, I have no reason to be biased, and this is the biggest joke statement in your entire post. He's not even a Flame anymore and isn't returning to the Flames. What the HELL would I gain from being biased towards him?

Unbelieveable.

Old
06-28-2012, 03:00 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man View Post
You've watched him everywhere he's played? Did you watch him in every single game he played in last season for Calgary, and the season before that? You know, in the seasons that actually matter? Cause I have. Have you?

Your analysis is old and outdated. You've even admitted it by saying you've formed your opinion of him long before he was even a Ranger. And you mention analysis of statistics... I'm curious to see what stats you analyzed, how you analyzed them and the manner in which you've interpreted them. Care to share your holy wisdom with us on this claim?

As for bias, I have no reason to be biased, and this is the biggest joke statement in your entire post. He's not even a Flame anymore and isn't returning to the Flames. What the HELL would I gain from being biased towards him?

Unbelieveable.

Wasting your time...

Old
06-28-2012, 03:01 PM
Reikai
Neutral fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupyFIN View Post
Bronze game against Slovakia. Yeah lets just ignore the fact that he was dropped down to 3rd and 4th lines in the most important games

Old
06-28-2012, 03:01 PM
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Wasting your time...
Yeah, probably.

Old
06-28-2012, 03:02 PM
hockeylover007

Carolina to play with Jussi.. Olli can be 2C, Eric and Jordan play together on 1st line

Old
06-28-2012, 03:06 PM
ericnut

The Ducks should be all over this.

Ryan - Jokinen - Selanne

Old
06-28-2012, 03:07 PM
SERE 24
LGR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo44 View Post
Half and half, raised in Sweden (hence i only said last names were Finnish). His mom is of Finnish decent and thats where the Paajarvi comes from, his dad is Swedish and thats where the Svensson comes from. Svensson is apparently the Swedish equivant of Smith, so Magnus took the last name Paajarvi as it has more personality so to speak.
Can somebody tell RNH to shorten it to just Hopkins next?

Old
06-28-2012, 03:07 PM
tikkanen5rings*

Quote:
Bronze game against Slovakia. Yeah lets just ignore the fact that he was dropped down to 3rd and 4th lines in the most important games
Are you one of those guys who thinks Jalonen is a good coach?

Old
06-28-2012, 03:08 PM
SERE 24
LGR

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylover007 View Post
Carolina to play with Jussi.. Olli can be 2C, Eric and Jordan play together on 1st line
Not related. Not that it matters if you just want lots of players with the same names.

Old
06-28-2012, 03:08 PM
Reikai
Neutral fan

Quote:
Is there something untrue in my statement sir? Please point it out.
No sir, its all true. Just made me chuckle for some reason.

Old
06-28-2012, 03:09 PM
tikkanen5rings*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericnut View Post
The Ducks should be all over this.

Ryan - Jokinen - Selanne
That's a negative. Jokinen needs to be the scorer. He is not the guy who sets up Selanne.

Old
06-28-2012, 03:09 PM
Reikai
Neutral fan

Quote:
Are you one of those guys who thinks Jalonen is a good coach?
Why? He sucked and had to be dropped down. Thats nothing to do with Jalonen's coaching abilities.

If Olli is such a great player why am i pulling my hair out so often when i watch him play? And i watch hockey alot.

Old
06-28-2012, 03:16 PM
tikkanen5rings*

Quote:
Why? He sucked and had to be dropped down. Thats nothing to do with Jalonen's coaching abilities.

If Olli is such a great player why am i pulling my hair out so often when i watch him play? And i watch hockey alot.
I don't know. Are you expecting him to perform like he was in his prime?
He played a fine season with a bad Flames team last season and I didn't have to pull any hair off my head.

No he didn't suck. The team sucked and now because of Jalonen team Finland is horrible at C unless Granlund can develope somewhere even close to Jokinen.

Old
06-28-2012, 03:18 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Olli might fit on the Leafs he could easily fill in for Grabo if he went down.

Old
06-28-2012, 03:21 PM
Reikai
Neutral fan

Quote:
I don't know. Are you expecting him to perform like he was in his prime?
He played a fine season with a bad Flames team last season and I didn't have to pull any hair off my head.

No he didn't suck. The team sucked and now because of Jalonen team Finland is horrible at C unless Granlund can develope somewhere even close to Jokinen.
His prime? He has said that he plays the best hockey of his career right now. He might've managed to put up points in Florida but he wasnt a responsible player defensively and also was 1C there getting tons of icetime.

He played a great season like i said earlier. For sure, there's no question about it. But he sucked more than he didnt for Finland. 82 games, 41 points in WHC's. He was so inefficient that it wasnt even funny.

But its clear you have your opinion and i have mine. But saying Olli is a smart player is just plain false. He makes more bad decisions offensively than any other top 6 forward i can think of. But his improved 2-way game has saved his career.

Old
06-28-2012, 03:23 PM
dumpnchase

Let's do it DW
Thornton, Marleau, and Jokenin

Maybe even add Luongo

Class of '97

Old
06-28-2012, 03:26 PM
Avec Fromage*

Last year, I bet the Leafs would have taken a run at him. But after the failed Tim Connolly experiment, I think they've learnt their lesson with quick patch centres.

Old
06-28-2012, 03:32 PM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

vCash: 1225
Jokinen could be our #1 C haha

Old
06-28-2012, 03:43 PM
tikkanen5rings*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avec Fromage View Post
Last year, I bet the Leafs would have taken a run at him. But after the failed Tim Connolly experiment, I think they've learnt their lesson with quick patch centres.
Unlike Connoly, Jokinen plays trough injuries and doesn't ***** about them.
I would love to see him in Edmonton or Philadelphia.

Old
06-28-2012, 03:53 PM
Zirakzigil

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
If Jokinen was going to sign for less than 4Million, Feaster would of signed him. He liked it here and I am sure they wanted him back.

Joker is looking for a pay day. Can't wait to see who overpays for him. Could very well be the Flames in the end...
This. It is the exact same thing as Gonchar/Pittsburgh 2 years ago. He wants a long term contract most likely around 5mil and he isnt worth that to Calgary.

Closed Thread