HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Latendresse will test the market

Closed Thread

Old
06-28-2012, 03:03 PM
PricePkPatch

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitualwinner View Post
Fatendresse will be the only UFA who uses the Zagat restaurant guide to determine where he wants to play. He might choose Nashville though, lots of Southern BBQ as well as some big buffet restaurants.
You should really watch more recent games than 3 years ago. The Kings won the cups!

Old
06-28-2012, 03:06 PM
SNAPshot

We'll proabably try to sign him after we try for Parenteau.

Old
06-28-2012, 03:06 PM
SeriousHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
You should really watch more recent games than 3 years ago. The Kings won the cups!
As long as the Bruins don't win one I am happy!

Old
06-28-2012, 03:12 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Since we don't have to give up anything for him and he is a BIG boy at 6-2 230 pounds I can see Burke taking a look at him and if he signs our top 6 would be

Lupul-Bozak-Kessel

JVR-Grabvoski-Latendresse

the team needs size even with JVR this might be a place to get it

Old
06-28-2012, 03:45 PM
mplspug

Aw, he wants to be close to his family after he plays 15 games and suffers another season ending injury. Maybe Luongo should go to the same team since their family is more important than their careers.

Old
06-28-2012, 03:50 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by mplspug View Post
Aw, he wants to be close to his family after he plays 15 games and suffers another season ending injury. Maybe Luongo should go to the same team since their family is more important than their careers.
Luongo's family is in Florida.

Old
06-28-2012, 03:52 PM
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
If he want to be close to Montreal, it means he will sign with either Ottawa, Montreal or Phoenix
That basically means he can sign with almost any team in the east (other than a few south eastern ones) and still be just a plane ride away from Montreal.

And for those saying signing an incentive deal... those are only available if it's a 1 yr deal. I don't see him signing a 1 yr deal anywhere. Someone will offer 2.5-3.5 on a 2 yr deal.

As for Minny... absolutely retarded not to qualify him. At the very least if he didn't want to sign, they could have gotten something for his rights. Even if it's just a 2nd/3rd... that's still something more than they have now... If they knew they could sign him, someone would give that up for him. Poor asset management on Minny's part.

Old
06-28-2012, 03:59 PM
mplspug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Luongo's family is in Florida.
Duh, don't take sarcasm so literally.

Old
06-28-2012, 04:11 PM
mplspug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
As for Minny... absolutely retarded not to qualify him. At the very least if he didn't want to sign, they could have gotten something for his rights. Even if it's just a 2nd/3rd... that's still something more than they have now... If they knew they could sign him, someone would give that up for him. Poor asset management on Minny's part.
So they qualify him to guaranteed money and no one wants to take a risk on him by topping that offer. Then Minnesota is forced to tie up $2.5M in cap space for a guy that has averaged less than a dozen games the past 2 seasons. And for a guy who apparently wants to be close to his family.

Old
06-28-2012, 04:14 PM
zx81

Come back home Gui !

Old
06-28-2012, 04:31 PM
Riptide

Quote:
So they qualify him to guaranteed money and no one wants to take a risk on him by topping that offer. Then Minnesota is forced to tie up $2.5M in cap space for a guy that has averaged less than a dozen games the past 2 seasons. And for a guy who apparently wants to be close to his family.
If he signs it, yes. However if he has no intentions of signing, it simply secures his rights. Additionally, if he did accept the deal and stayed, and is out for any significant time... he's on LTIR and they don't really tie up anything. LTIR salary is paid by insurance. Meaning he takes up cap space, but that means little to a team that's not a cap team... It's still crappy asset management to let a RFA walk for nothing. Same goes to Colorado and Mueller. Someone will take Mueller at 2.5m.

Old
06-28-2012, 04:33 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Who cares about the $2.5 million it would cost to qualify him? We have PLENTY of cap space. It was completely retarted not to qualify him. Latendresse played Fletcher like a fiddle. How smart is it for the lowest scoring team in the NHL to let go of 25+ goals in the hopes of signing a FA who would never in his right mind want to sign with a garbage team like this when he could play out the rest of his career with linemate Sidney Crosby?

Old
06-28-2012, 04:37 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckHero View Post
Minnesota probably wants to make room for Coyle and Granlund
Wild don't need to make room...our top six last year was

Heatley - Brodziak - Johnson
Clutterbuck - Cullen - Christensen

Koivu, Setoguchi, Bouchard, and Latendresse were all injured.

Our GM is just incompetent.

Old
06-28-2012, 04:41 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I don't know how he played in Montreal, but in Minny he played like a power forward. He would crash the net, use his body, lay some hits, worked hard in the corner, always had a good set of hands to corral pucks, had a quick release, scored timely goals. There was never a point when he was in the lineup that he was lazy or uninterested.

He scored 25 goals in 55 games after being traded from Montreal in 2009-10. In 2010-11 he came to camp out of shape and had groin injuries and missed the year with surgeries. In 2011-12 he dropped 20+ pounds and came to camp lean and mean but got a concussion and missed the year. As of now he says he's 100%.

Old
06-28-2012, 04:45 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
I don't know how he played in Montreal, but in Minny he played like a power forward. He would crash the net, use his body, lay some hits, worked hard in the corner, always had a good set of hands to corral pucks, had a quick release, scored timely goals. There was never a point when he was in the lineup that he was lazy or uninterested.

He scored 25 goals in 55 games after being traded from Montreal in 2009-10. In 2010-11 he came to camp out of shape and had groin injuries and missed the year with surgeries. In 2011-12 he dropped 20+ pounds and came to camp lean and mean but got a concussion and missed the year. As of now he says he's 100%.
And he's ready to prove all the haters wrong and make Fletcher look like a complete moron.

Old
06-28-2012, 04:51 PM
Surly Furious

vCash: 528
Quote:

Sad to say I agree. Fletcher seemed pretty naive that Latendresse would just come back here for less after not being qualified.

I's wager GL's agent played a big role in this.

Fletcher will be a very good GM in this league, but his growing pains have hurt the Wild.

Last edited by Surly Furious: 06-28-2012 at 05:03 PM.
Old
06-28-2012, 05:04 PM
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookman View Post
Sad to say I agree. Fletcher seemed pretty naive that Latendresse would just come back here for less after not being qualified.

I's wager GL's agent played a big role in this.

Fletcher will be a very good GM in this league, but his growing pains have hurt the Wild.
If he's saying he wants to be closer to family (in Montreal) then no it doesn't surprise me. What surprises me is Fletcher not willing to fork over the 2.5m QO to keep his rights.

Old
06-28-2012, 05:06 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Quote:
If he's saying he wants to be closer to family (in Montreal) then no it doesn't surprise me. What surprises me is Fletcher not willing to fork over the 2.5m QO to keep his rights.
Wild fans don't get it either. If we were in a cap bind I could understand but we aren't. In fact, we have some of the most cap space in the league.

Old
06-28-2012, 05:14 PM
LyricalLyricist

Id take him on habs on 1 year deal but seems like bergevin and company love the extremely dedicated types. Aka no middle ground on conditioning. If not for that I'd have a hard time visualizing MB not offering him a contract.

Old
06-28-2012, 05:37 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

vCash: 97
Quote:
Fletcher shows he has no ability to put together an NHL team as he lets the best scorer on the team walk over a few hundred thousand.

ON THE LOWEST SCORING NHL TEAM IN TEN YEARS.

I'm guessing he gets two years at $2.5-3m per.
Best scorer? Based on what? While the Wild are desperate for goals, Lats had one good season. One! To assume he'd be the best scorer on the team based on that is really reaching.

While I wouldn't mind having him back, some people are acting like he's a magical unicorn that would be solely responsible for the team's success or failure. Suddenly a team that the fans had hope for is apparently doomed for eternity. It's not even July 1st yet for cripes sake!

Calm the **** down!

Last edited by Fel 96: 06-28-2012 at 06:04 PM.
Old
06-28-2012, 05:39 PM
HTTP 400 Bad Request

vCash: 13362
Quote:

He was a lost kid here, playing for a coach who didn't communicate at all with his young players (Carbonneau). I remember him very well during post-game interviews, trying to explain to journalist that he just didn't know what was expected from him.

He was playing like a bottom line forward mostly on the 4th line with Lapierre and Bégin, just trying not to make mistakes and use his big body. That's why he was among the best hitter every year, but failed to do what he was drafted for, which is to score goals. Don't believe people who say he was a floater in Montreal, cause he wasn't. He was just placed in a bad situation.

In Minnesota, he was immediately given offensive duties and he delivered. Now, if indeed he understood the importance of a good training, I also believe he can be a very effective power forward in this league.

Old
06-28-2012, 06:39 PM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL1674 View Post
Best scorer? Based on what? While the Wild are desperate for goals, Lats had one good season. One! To assume he'd be the best scorer on the team based on that is really reaching.

While I wouldn't mind having him back, some people are acting like he's a magical unicorn that would be solely responsible for the team's success or failure. Suddenly a team that the fans had hope for is apparently doomed for eternity. It's not even July 1st yet for cripes sake!

Calm the **** down!
QFT! The Wild could never count on this so called best scorer to be on the ice anyway. If Lats was the requirement for the Wild to be a playoff team, then the Wild were doomed to fail before the season ever began!

Old
06-28-2012, 06:42 PM
Paladin2799

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWalkThroughWalls View Post
He was a lost kid here, playing for a coach who didn't communicate at all with his young players (Carbonneau). I remember him very well during post-game interviews, trying to explain to journalist that he just didn't know what was expected from him.

He was playing like a bottom line forward mostly on the 4th line with Lapierre and Bégin, just trying not to make mistakes and use his big body. That's why he was among the best hitter every year, but failed to do what he was drafted for, which is to score goals. Don't believe people who say he was a floater in Montreal, cause he wasn't. He was just placed in a bad situation.

In Minnesota, he was immediately given offensive duties and he delivered. Now, if indeed he understood the importance of a good training, I also believe he can be a very effective power forward in this league.
Which is exactly why I for one, would love to see him signed in toronto.

Trade Mac out of town and slot him next to grabo and JVR.

Lupul-Bozak-kessel
jvr-grabo-lats

Old
06-28-2012, 06:53 PM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin2799 View Post
Which is exactly why I for one, would love to see him signed in toronto.

Trade Mac out of town and slot him next to grabo and JVR.

Lupul-Bozak-kessel
jvr-grabo-lats
What's the contingency plan for when Lats gets injured after 10-11 games?

Old
06-28-2012, 06:59 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

Nice guy, and he was more motivated and physical than what i was expecting when we got him from the Habs; here's hoping he keeps it up, stays healthy, and meshes with his new team. I wouldn't have given him $2.5m, but the potential is there. Of course, he could be like Penner and only work for one team (so far). For the sake of the fans of his next team I really hope it's a one year contract.

Closed Thread