HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers don’t expect to re-sign Prust (Signs with Habs 4yrs $10m)

Old
06-28-2012, 03:41 PM
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence

vCash: 500
I can't believe I'm on the same page as the mods on this one.

I lose respect for a player when he takes to the Internet like a child who didn't get everything on his Christmas list.

He's very replaceable, and did nothing to deserve the kind of raise he's looking for, especially in the playoffs.

KreiMeARiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 03:44 PM
Screw You Rick Nash
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightide85 View Post
I can't believe I'm on the same page as the mods on this one.

I lose respect for a player when he takes to the Internet like a child who didn't get everything on his Christmas list.

He's very replaceable, and did nothing to deserve the kind of raise he's looking for, especially in the playoffs.
Why do people here keep forgetting that Sather did the same thing by going to Brooks?

-.+++++++++++++.-------.--.+++++++++++++.+.>+.>.

New and improved Hockey Standings
"A jimmie for a jimmie makes the whole world rustled." -31-
Screw You Rick Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 03:56 PM
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
Why do people here keep forgetting that Sather did the same thing by going to Brooks?
Sure, Sather shares some of the culpability, but as we learned in kindergarten; "two wrongs don't make a right".

KreiMeARiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 05:41 PM
Entrancemperium

Quote:
Sure, Sather shares some of the culpability, but as we learned in kindergarten; "two wrongs don't make a right".
For Chuck Norris two wrongs make a right

Entrancemperium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 08:46 PM
haveandare

Sucks that Prust is most likely gone. He was a good soldier and I liked the story of the guy who was told he was just an extra forward coming to NY and hitting his stride.

Does everyone think that there's absolutely no chance of him resigning? Say UFA day comes and he doesn't get anything much higher than what Sather offered, or he talked to the teammates and realized he wants to stay, etc. - you guys think Sather is petty enough to not resign the guy for the original amount offered because of the tweet? Sather wasn't exactly a gentleman about the whole thing. Seems stupid to be aggressive yourself and then blame your "opponent" for doing the same. You gotta hope building the best team possible overrides everything else in this case.

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 10:18 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
Sucks that Prust is most likely gone. He was a good soldier and I liked the story of the guy who was told he was just an extra forward coming to NY and hitting his stride.

Does everyone think that there's absolutely no chance of him resigning? Say UFA day comes and he doesn't get anything much higher than what Sather offered, or he talked to the teammates and realized he wants to stay, etc. - you guys think Sather is petty enough to not resign the guy for the original amount offered because of the tweet? Sather wasn't exactly a gentleman about the whole thing. Seems stupid to be aggressive yourself and then blame your "opponent" for doing the same. You gotta hope building the best team possible overrides everything else in this case.
he'd probably be getting far less than the reported 1.8m if he came crawling back to sather.

Quote:
prust did nothing but restate what sather said. management said they weren't "married" to prust. prust said he was married to the fans, but not management.
this is hockey. to think our fans get this ******** over a tweet that didn't even say anything... ... maybe sather should just drop the gloves and get it over with

Last edited by Kreider Typical: 06-28-2012 at 10:27 PM.
Kreider Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 10:19 PM
Tawnos
BoH Mod Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooskating View Post
he'd probably be getting far less than the reported 1.8m if he came crawling back to sather.
Doubt you're right about that. It isn't like Sather's pulled the offer off the table.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 10:51 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entrancemperium View Post
For Chuck Norris two wrongs make a right
that's because Chuck Norris is so far to the right. I don't care how far the other way you try to lean him, he'll never lean left.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 10:58 PM
mcsauer2738

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
Doubt you're right about that. It isn't like Sather's pulled the offer off the table.
let's look at this the simple way. no substantial offers on the table, prust's agent talks to sather about getting a deal done, sather is a smart man and realizes there's probably not a team out there offering top dollar for him, slats offers 1.4 take it or leave it.

mcsauer2738 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 11:27 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
if you're buying something and you know the seller is desperate, you're going to low ball. we don't know for sure if it would be the same offer or lower(or even higher for that matter), but honestly sather is right(though i disagree with his method): we can be a good team with or without prust. if prust isn't happy with his other offers and comes crawling back then it is clear that he wants to be here and our management can take advantage of that and low ball him.

Old
06-28-2012, 11:52 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Thing with Prust is if he does realize that he overvalued himself and wants to come back, there may be no room for him here. All it takes is a couple of hours on July 1st to replace him with someone that does something similar. The Rangers won't be waiting on him to sign somewhere else.

06-29-2012, 12:38 AM
MrAlmost
We are Lokomotiv!

I hope he comes back.

MrAlmost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 12:40 AM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
yes, **** pain. the true value of a man is in how he tweets.
You don't make sense. Prust played like garbage in the playoffs and he goes to social media like a baby, good riddance. He's replaceable. Konopka can fight win faceoffs and stir the pot.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 12:43 AM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Erixon's Lunchbox View Post
You don't make sense. Prust played like garbage in the playoffs and he goes to social media like a baby, good riddance. He's replaceable. Konopka can fight win faceoffs and stir the pot.
once again...played like 'garbage' in the playoffs(actually since january) with a torn tendon in his finger... go to social media like a baby? he could probably lay you out with 1 hand. he went to the social media in response to sather going to the media. basically saying thanks for the support fans. i'm not playing under sather.

Old
06-29-2012, 04:08 AM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsauer2738 View Post
let's look at this the simple way. no substantial offers on the table, prust's agent talks to sather about getting a deal done, sather is a smart man and realizes there's probably not a team out there offering top dollar for him, slats offers 1.4 take it or leave it.
I doubt it gets that far. I'm guessing that Sather pursues his other options on day 1 or 2. If this is the case - By the time Prust gets his other offers and decides to come back the deal probably won't be on the table...

Barnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 05:12 AM
blueshirtbolt

what about moen?

blueshirtbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 08:23 AM
NikC

bring in Moen to replace Feds/Mitchell

Bring in Tootoo to replace Prust. Tootoo is a beast for a guy his size. He's a great fighter, taking on guys much bigger than him. He's also an excellent hitter. 30p last season. not too shabby.

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 09:31 AM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
once again...played like 'garbage' in the playoffs(actually since january) with a torn tendon in his finger... go to social media like a baby? he could probably lay you out with 1 hand. he went to the social media in response to sather going to the media. basically saying thanks for the support fans. i'm not playing under sather.
That's nice, has absolutely nothing to do with anything if he can "lay me out with one hand", the fact of the matter is what Prust did should be frowned upon. What has he done in his career to deserve the right to make a comment like that when demanding way more than his worth? I'd take the 2.2 Brandon wants and give it to Travis Moen, at least he can actually play hockey.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 09:38 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
bring in Moen to replace Feds/Mitchell

Bring in Tootoo to replace Prust. Tootoo is a beast for a guy his size. He's a great fighter, taking on guys much bigger than him. He's also an excellent hitter. 30p last season. not too shabby.
I just don;t like Tootoo's discipline. He takes stupid penalties at times. You don't really get that with Prust. Prust was great on the PK. I wouldn't want Tootoo out there.

I hope Prust comes back down to earth and re-signs.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 09:59 AM
Thordic
StraightOuttaConklin

vCash: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
I just don;t like Tootoo's discipline. He takes stupid penalties at times.
While I won't argue too strenously, Tootoo HAS gotten better. He dialed it back a notch. He's drawn more penalties than he has taken every year for the past few years.

He's a blend of what we got from Avery, Hollweg, and Prust. I think he'd be popular in NY, and successful.

Thordic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 10:15 AM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
I just don;t like Tootoo's discipline. He takes stupid penalties at times. You don't really get that with Prust. Prust was great on the PK. I wouldn't want Tootoo out there.

I hope Prust comes back down to earth and re-signs.
there is no perfect player, especially within the category of enforcer/agitator types. Tootoo is very aggressive at times and would have to adjust. We don't have to use him on the PK.

I like the fact that he can take the opposition out with his hitting ability. the guys is so low to the ground, that he has alot of leverage when he takes the body. I think he'd be really good here.

Old
06-29-2012, 10:44 AM
OverTheCap

Sather tries to negotiate in the media and leaks info to the press all the time, and so do the agents. Nothing new there.

But usually the player will let their agent do the talking for them in the media when discussing negotiations. And if the players do comment on it, they usually make some benign statement like "we are working on it, I hope to return, this is the only place I want to be, etc." If Prust said something like that, it wouldn't be a big deal.

I understand what Prust was trying to do... get the fans on his good side and try to blame management for the predicament he's in. But I think it backfired for the most part... we know that management does want him back, they just aren't wiling to overpay him.

Dubinsky, Staal, etc. have gone through the negotiating process with Sather and it wasn't easy. Dubinsky went through a similar situation to Prust... Sather leaked his contract demands to the media, but Dubi kept quiet and his agent said "we have no interest in negotiating it this through the newspaper." Prust probably should have done the same.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 11:46 AM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Erixon's Lunchbox View Post
That's nice, has absolutely nothing to do with anything if he can "lay me out with one hand", the fact of the matter is what Prust did should be frowned upon. What has he done in his career to deserve the right to make a comment like that when demanding way more than his worth? I'd take the 2.2 Brandon wants and give it to Travis Moen, at least he can actually play hockey.
i don't see how his tweet had anything to do with being a 'baby'. what's he supposed to do give sather a big wet kiss? didn't say anything wrong... said the management didn't want him-- which is pretty much what sather said..

and once again the rumored cost is exactly that... a rumor.

why the hell should his comment be frowned upon!? because he said something against a guy who just dropped his value to the league? good. he stood up for himself knowing that it will basically kill any chance he had of staying in the apple. that's something to respect.

Old
06-29-2012, 12:21 PM
NikC

Quote:
i don't see how his tweet had anything to do with being a 'baby'. what's he supposed to do give sather a big wet kiss? didn't say anything wrong... said the management didn't want him-- which is pretty much what sather said..

and once again the rumored cost is exactly that... a rumor.

why the hell should his comment be frowned upon!? because he said something against a guy who just dropped his value to the league? good. he stood up for himself knowing that it will basically kill any chance he had of staying in the apple. that's something to respect.
Whether or not you like him, Sather is an icon in the sport and a well respected guy among GMs. understand that a fourth line player like Prust will only have so much leverage with a GM like Glen Sather.

Saying he wasn't married to Prust, did not drop his value to the league. Sather never said he didn't want him back. He said basically, I don't HAVE TO HAVE HIM BACK.

What Prust should've tweeted was: "Too bad management doesn't want me back at my price".

Old
06-29-2012, 12:33 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post

What Prust should've tweeted was: "Too bad management doesn't want me back at my price".
Exactly. The Rangers were/are willing to give the guy a $1,000,000 raise...which is a hell of a lot for someone previously making well under 1M. Not to mention a forward who happens to only score about 4 goals/year. I'd love to have Brandon back...but at a fair price. 2M+ is not a fair price.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote