HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who WOULD you trade Couturier for?

Old
06-25-2012, 06:20 PM
Mgkibbles

vCash: 500
Why even bother asking? Couturier's ceiling is too high.

Mgkibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 06:30 PM
MRxBLACK
ESPN Sucks

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
i agree. i don't think he's expendable at all. if we win a cup or two he'll be in the middle of it all. i seriously don't think you can go and trade the high end youth we got last summer. it would defeat the point of us getting so young. i think we have a great team that just needs to play to their potential and schenn and couturier haven't even scratched the surface on what they can do. This is one team worth being patient with.
Also agree.

MRxBLACK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 02:25 PM
FlyersFanz
aut viam inveniam au

Wouldn't trade Couturier, nor would I trade Read, Schenn, Simmonds or Voracek. These guys are very young and they're starting to come in form. Flyers have the youngest team since way back and all you guys want to do is trade for high priced Vets like Nash
and Ryan who barely get past the 30 goal mark. Frankly if I were the Flyers brass I wouldn't do anything to the offense and work on the D and Goaltender situation.

FlyersFanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 11:27 AM
phillyfanatic

I love Couturier but there are a long list of names I would trade him for:
Seguin, Hall, Skinner, Eberle, Nugent-Hopkins, Huberdeau, Toews, Malkin, Perry, Shea Weber, etc, etc.

Personally, I think we SHOULD trade Couturier. The league is so high on him that you could get a superstar/megadeal return for Couturier if you traded him now. He was a steal at 8, but he is not a franchise player.

phillyfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 11:54 AM
Amateur Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfanatic View Post
I love Couturier but there are a long list of names I would trade him for:
Seguin, Hall, Skinner, Eberle, Nugent-Hopkins, Huberdeau, Toews, Malkin, Perry, Shea Weber, etc, etc.

Personally, I think we SHOULD trade Couturier. The league is so high on him that you could get a superstar/megadeal return for Couturier if you traded him now. He was a steal at 8, but he is not a franchise player.
Disagree. He's 19 years old, let's make sure we keep that in mind. Just wait until Sean's offensive skill catches up with his defensive acumen -- which will happen as he gets increased minutes with better linemates -- and he fills out his frame. He is the kind of player you can build a franchise around and, luckily for us, not the only current Flyer who garners such a distinction.

Amateur Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 02:14 PM
tuckrr

Cooter certainly has franchise player potential.

Huberdeau?! Not sure if serious.

tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 03:46 PM
phillyfanatic

My point here is simple, whether we disagree on names, I don't understand the stance that a player is unavailable. I mean if someone wants Couturier and will overpay for him, then yes I trade him. Is he a franchise player? Not now. Crosby is a franchise player. Giroux is a franchise player. Toews is a franchise player. Will he one day be a franchise player? I think so.

Example. If we could trade for Shea Weber and the main piece they wanted was Sean Couturier, I would do that in a minute. We are getting the best d-man in the game for one the best young playersL. Some say, no deal with Couturier. And yet, 15 games into his second year if he is "slumping" those same fans will be trying to trade Couturier for anything valuable. He is a "potential" superstar. This means he may or may not get there. If someone was giving me a "superstar" for him, I would do it for sure. I would also trade Couturier for players the same age who I think are better (RNH, Hall, Eberle are examples, but these types of trades are never happening). One thing in the NHL that is rarely done is "sell high". If we sold JVR after his playoff run, we could have gotten much more than Luke Schenn. Because, we were trading "huge potential" someone would have given us a lot for their future star. Couturier didn't have off the charts numbers last year but everyone in the league thinks he will be special. So, if you were EVER going to trade him, now would be whne you get the most return.

phillyfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 05:31 PM
Appleyard

vCash: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckrr View Post
Cooter certainly has franchise player potential.

Huberdeau?! Not sure if serious.
Yeh, would not want to trade him for a guy who is just a worse version of him in my mind.

Coots out PPG'd him each year in the same league, has better vision IMO, put up better +/- overall, and is already proven in the NHL!

Appleyard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 05:40 PM
Appleyard

vCash: 165
Quote:
My point here is simple, whether we disagree on names, I don't understand the stance that a player is unavailable. I mean if someone wants Couturier and will overpay for him, then yes I trade him. Is he a franchise player? Not now. Crosby is a franchise player. Giroux is a franchise player. Toews is a franchise player. Will he one day be a franchise player? I think so.

Example. If we could trade for Shea Weber and the main piece they wanted was Sean Couturier, I would do that in a minute. We are getting the best d-man in the game for one the best young playersL. Some say, no deal with Couturier. And yet, 15 games into his second year if he is "slumping" those same fans will be trying to trade Couturier for anything valuable. He is a "potential" superstar. This means he may or may not get there. If someone was giving me a "superstar" for him, I would do it for sure. I would also trade Couturier for players the same age who I think are better (RNH, Hall, Eberle are examples, but these types of trades are never happening). One thing in the NHL that is rarely done is "sell high". If we sold JVR after his playoff run, we could have gotten much more than Luke Schenn. Because, we were trading "huge potential" someone would have given us a lot for their future star. Couturier didn't have off the charts numbers last year but everyone in the league thinks he will be special. So, if you were EVER going to trade him, now would be whne you get the most return.
I would only think of trading him for franchise forwards (Toews, Crosby, Malkin etc if their contracts were not an issue, which they are... or franchise D (Weber and a few others) or great young D prospects. He had more PPG in a lower scoring league at junior than RNH... and can defend to an elite level already.

Ekman-Larsson, Larsson, Pietrangelo, Karlsson are just about the only young players I would trade him for. I would think about Landeskog, as love the kid, but would ultimately say no.

If we traded him for much outside of that, or a talent for talent swap for forwards, it would end 5 years down the line... the guy can be a Selke Centre who can go 30-50 in points, they don't come often, and you don't trade them when you draft them, and potentially get them cheaper down the line... unless you are getting someone who will be the cornerstone of the franchise.

Appleyard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 06:29 PM
Left Circle OneTimer

This topic is sad

Left Circle OneTimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 10:16 PM
tuckrr

Quote:

…unless he does reach his potential

tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 10:21 PM
pughater

if it could net us someone like stamkos id package him

pughater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 09:26 PM
Jack de la Hoya

In NHL12, I try to either make realistic trades, or dramatically overpay for star players / prospects.

In that spirit:

Couturier, Simmonds, and Coburn

for Tavares and MacDonald

(In the game, I prefer Schenn, Schenn and Voracek, since it "feels" like giving the Islanders something to market).

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 09:28 PM
StandingCow

vCash: 50
I'd rather we hold onto him...

StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 10:07 PM
35NW8ING
#LaviPondHockeyFail

A D-man who could play on a 1st pairing or anchor a 2nd pairing.

35NW8ING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 01:02 AM
flyersjamminontheone
In Claude we trust

late to the party, but no one! his resources are way too valuable

flyersjamminontheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 06:54 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5888
The only guy I'd trade him for aside from the ones named is Drew Doughty.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote