HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Niklas Hjalmarsson

Old
06-22-2012, 08:40 AM
RayP

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
If Staal didn't sign in Pitt he's not signing here....going to Carolina to be with his brother.
I wouldn't count on that, as I'm not sure they'd pay him what he wants. New York on the other hand... I could see them making a run after him if they don't get Nash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
I haven't heard about that.

One problem I have with moving anyone for Staal is it seems (1) he isn't interested in signing a long term deal; and (2) we don't know whether the season will start on time given the CBA negotiations.
...meaning, we run the risk of giving something up for Staal only to have him play for us on a condensed year and then bolt.

I wouldn't want to move Hammer for him (assuming the rest of the roster stays the same) b/c it would leave a hole in D and we may end up with a player for a year or less.
I'd probably rather keep Hammer, but I just don't think that's going to be the case... so if we do indeed deal him, I'd be fine with a deal for Staal, rounding out our top 6 and finally giving us a legit #2 C.

RayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 08:54 AM
Atomic Punk
Mean Streets

Quote:
If thats the difference between getting Yandle and not, its not standing in the way of the deal. People love draft picks but outside of top 10 picks, rarely do those players become signficant contributers for several years. This team is ready to win now, who knows where it will be in 3-4 years when whoever they draft is ready to make an impact.
I remember having our system drained for several years over deals where we sent draft picks. Draft picks are more valuable now with the cap than pre cap. I agree that they may never become significant contributors. But a lot of top 5's don't either. You can keep a steady stream of players coming to complement the nucleus instead of overpaying in the FA market to do the same.

Atomic Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 11:33 AM
Martini*
Gods Team

vCash: 500
Quote:
If we're going to dream how about Hjalmersson, Pirri, Beach, #18.
More like Hammer, a draft pick, one roster player and a good prospect that isnt Saad.But, I am sure Yandle is getting plenty of talkage at this point.

Not going into specifics only because the guy works for the Hogs, and that means take this rumor with a grain of salt only becasue I refuse to post his twitter. But what I do know is Bowman is really trying to make a splash this off season.

Martini* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 11:44 AM
BobbyJet

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny View Post
I remember having our system drained for several years over deals where we sent draft picks. Draft picks are more valuable now with the cap than pre cap. I agree that they may never become significant contributors. But a lot of top 5's don't either. You can keep a steady stream of players coming to complement the nucleus instead of overpaying in the FA market to do the same.
Exactly. Even late round picks. Just because it may not pay dividends for 3 years or longer, or never …the potential should not be underestimated.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 11:47 AM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny View Post
I remeber our system drained because the Hawks had no clue how to draft.

Ty Jones?

Martini* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 12:09 PM
Hawkaholic

Rumour going around that Chicago is after the #6 overall pick, Hjalmarsson may be part of the deal to get it.

Hammer
for

??

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 12:18 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Rumour going around that Chicago is after the #6 overall pick, Hjalmarsson may be part of the deal to get it.

Hammer
for

??
why the 6th?

at that point, the legit top 5 are all gone, and then its a crap shoot...

just saw Trouba at #6 for NHL Network....but there is a ton of players in that range that could go....not sure I would want to trade Hammer and our 18th to just move up 12 spots

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 12:20 PM
Cullksinikers

Where is this rumor from? I must see.

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 12:22 PM
Hawks82

Quote:

Hammer
for

??
Oh I'd love that...that'd give the Hawks a real good shot at one of the better D-men in this draft. That's Dumba territory...I'd really like him to be a Hawk.

Might be the best D-man in the draft and he's got a real nasty streak. Watched his draft profile on NHL network the other night, he dished out a couple of good beatings.

Hawks82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 12:26 PM
Jeffrey Lebowski
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

If we're trading Hjalmarsson, 1 of 2 things better happen...

1) Bowman better know, with nearly no doubt in his head, that we are going to sign Suter

2) We better be getting a good defensive prospect who has potential to be a lot more than Hjalmarsson, who is on the cusp of making the NHL. And another 1st rounder.

Now I'll admit that I'm not a huge fan of how Hjalmarsson pretty much stagnated after his first full year in the NHL, but it's not hard to see that our team becomes much weaker without him in our line-up. We need to be able to see the benefits of trading him this year or the year after... and if the latter is the case, there needs to be the distinct possibility that his replacement can be much better than Hammer.

Other than that, it makes no sense to me. My hope would be that if we trade Hammer, that it's because we're trying to clear cap space to sign Suter...

Jeffrey Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 04:18 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

source for this Hjammer to Ducks rumor?

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2012, 04:21 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
source for this Hjammer to Ducks rumor?
Hockey Break..not sure how reliable they are.

Old
06-22-2012, 04:24 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

not really, but whoever this is doesn't make up that **** or starts it. He hears it and adds to what he hears.

Old
06-22-2012, 04:36 PM
DoomsdayVillain
US NAVY CREW***

#6th pick? Better go for Dumba

DoomsdayVillain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 12:38 PM
SoupyFIN
Lu ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun View Post
Quality player, would want something nice back in return if we traded him (unless it's a cap clearing trade so we can sign someone like Suter, but only if we land him first so as to avoid a potential screw up as joked about above).
If the above happens, could Tallon be a strong candidate to land Hammer? Panthers are in need of a new defensive d-man since Garrison is going to leave, and I don't really see any of the UFA options being any better than Hammer. Plus there's already a history between him and Campbell.

If you indeed end up signing Suter, Montador gets sent to the AHL or traded, that would leave a 3rd pairing spot open (unless you have a kid in the system that can make the jump?). I could see Tallon being interested in Ellerby (+ a pick maybe) for Hammer. He's a pending RFA with a QO of $826,875 and still 3 RFA years left in him.

He fell to Dineen's doghouse because of Guds improved play towards the end of the season, but he was playing ok for the 3rd pair (Ellerby should have actually got minutes instead of Jovo who was terrible for most of the season, but Jovo's mentor role for Guds places him ahead in the hierarchy than Ellerby). He has showed flashes of capability for a two-way d-man, but IMO he's ceiling will be strictly a defensive d-man.

Ellerby (+ a pick) for Hammer, that even close?

SoupyFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 01:33 PM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupyFIN View Post
If the above happens, could Tallon be a strong candidate to land Hammer? Panthers are in need of a new defensive d-man since Garrison is going to leave, and I don't really see any of the UFA options being any better than Hammer. Plus there's already a history between him and Campbell.

If you indeed end up signing Suter, Montador gets sent to the AHL or traded, that would leave a 3rd pairing spot open (unless you have a kid in the system that can make the jump?). I could see Tallon being interested in Ellerby (+ a pick maybe) for Hammer. He's a pending RFA with a QO of $826,875 and still 3 RFA years left in him.

He fell to Dineen's doghouse because of Guds improved play towards the end of the season, but he was playing ok for the 3rd pair (Ellerby should have actually got minutes instead of Jovo who was terrible for most of the season, but Jovo's mentor role for Guds places him ahead in the hierarchy than Ellerby). He has showed flashes of capability for a two-way d-man, but IMO he's ceiling will be strictly a defensive d-man.

Ellerby (+ a pick) for Hammer, that even close?
Well, if we signed Suter I think Bowman would be easily willing to part Hammer for picks and maybe a prospect too, I think we unloaded our 2nd and 3rd for 2013 to get Oduya, probably hoping to get those back at some point. Hammer would be an excellent fit in Florida.

deytookerjaabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 05:23 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

I would like the idea of Theodore + pick for Nik + Emery if FLA gets Luongo

Old
06-28-2012, 04:30 PM
CREW99AW

Have you guys read any rumors from a credible source, about Snow showing interest in Hjarlmarsson?

I am looking over his projected defense and seeinga lack of toughess,aside from Hamonic.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 04:34 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

I haven't seen any Hammer to NYI rumors.. but according to Mark Spector, Chicago will only move Hammer if they can't afford to keep him (like signing Suter).

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 04:40 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Have you guys read any rumors from a credible source, about Snow showing interest in Hjarlmarsson?

I am looking over his projected defense and seeinga lack of toughess,aside from Hamonic.
Well, if you are looking for toughness...better keep looking if you are looking at Hammer for that.

Old
06-28-2012, 04:44 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Well, if you are looking for toughness...better keep looking if you are looking at Hammer for that.
Ah, too bad.

Well,thanks for the info guys.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 04:47 PM
MagicSlap*

Don't listen to him, he thinks Hammer is way worse than he actually is.

Hammer doesn't play as tough as he used to but he's still a very good defensive player. Not afraid of contact. Hawks play a lanes system, not a play the man system so it's not really like the system breeds big hitters.

MagicSlap* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 04:55 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicSlap View Post
Don't listen to him, he thinks Hammer is way worse than he actually is.

Hammer doesn't play as tough as he used to but he's still a very good defensive player. Not afraid of contact. Hawks play a lanes system, not a play the man system so it's not really like the system breeds big hitters.
Well, he isnt near as good as you think he is.

And my point was that he is not tough and mean, which is what the Isles are looking for. Thanks for proving me right, again.

Old
06-28-2012, 04:59 PM
MagicSlap*

He isn't as bad as you think he is.

He asked about toughness, not about meanness, there is a difference. Hammer is tough, he'll go to the dirty areas, finish checks and blocks shot.

Thanks for being wrong again, as usual.

MagicSlap* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 05:00 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Hammer's tough in the sense that he'll sacrifice his body to block shots and engage himself physically. If you're expecting him to be an overly physical player or a player that will dominate physically, you'll be disappointed.. but as a guy that'll have an eye-popping hit every now and then and block alot of shots while playing a steady, reliable defensive game? He's your guy.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote