HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Development Camp Round 2 (Thursday through Saturday)

Old
06-28-2012, 06:28 PM
windycity

vCash: 500
I know this is way premature and time will tell but this draft really restored my confidence long-term. I can't help but feel it was a turning point for the Habs.

windycity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 06:59 PM
Playoff Beard

Listening to some interviews with Galchenyuk, I can't believe how stupid some journalists are. Some really dumb questions get asked. Congrats to Gally on answering those with so much class.

Playoff Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 07:05 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrowe21 View Post
Just under 6'1".. Just showed off his heavy wrist shot. Collberg's shot looks great too.
just under 6'1 off skates using combine measurements?.... on skates add a little ,few more inches. .
On skates likely closer to 6'3

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 07:10 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoff Beard View Post
Listening to some interviews with Galchenyuk, I can't believe how stupid some journalists are. Some really dumb questions get asked. Congrats to Gally on answering those with so much class.
They ask the same stupid questions twice to top it off.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kriss E

Quote:
I really liked the idiot asking Gally..''A lot of scorers have come to Mtl and failed to produce, for some reason they just don't produce as much here..what do you think about that??''...

I wonder how these guys become sport journalists. I always figured sport journalists were like the ''last in class'' type, but man, come on...

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Eric Fichaud said he wished he had a development camp when he came to the NHL.

It was interesting to see a lot of the management there, even the head coach.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 07:15 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I really liked the idiot asking Gally..''A lot of scorers have come to Mtl and failed to produce, for some reason they just don't produce as much here..what do you think about that??''...

I wonder how these guys become sport journalists. I always figured sport journalists were like the ''last in class'' type, but man, come on...
I would have said ,do you mean Eric Cole?

Old
06-28-2012, 07:17 PM
DAChampion

Quote:

They're no dumber than political journalists or film critics.

DAChampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 07:20 PM
bib
#believe

Quote:
They do that because they have an answer in mind. They know how to make Gally's answers look good on paper, even if that means asking dumb questions.

bib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 07:24 PM
HomaridII

Morgan Ellis ‏@MorganEllis4
@KidHud_10 @AGally94 aww are you two ever cute,Make a great couple!

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 07:34 PM
windycity

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
Morgan Ellis ‏@MorganEllis4
@KidHud_10 @AGally94 aww are you two ever cute,Make a great couple!
am i the only one who dislikes our guys being on twitter? So many opportunities to write something stupid or be misunderstood and then get slammed for it.

I think what Ellis wrote is funny but you could easily see it spin out of control.

Maybe I'm just too old school or old or both

windycity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 07:37 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windycity View Post
am i the only one who dislikes our guys being on twitter? So many opportunities to write something stupid or be misunderstood and then get slammed for it.

I think what Ellis wrote is funny but you could easily see it spin out of control.

Maybe I'm just too old school or old or both
No. Its nice to see them having fun, not being forced to follow through a strict regime because of the media. They will adjust in time being. For now let them have fun. Its a whole new scene. Once they make the Habs, then they will probably tone it down and know when to have fun on Twitter or not, depending on how the team is doing.

But for now, let them have fun

LaurentHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 07:39 PM
Protest the Hero

So can anyone confirm that Alex will be an 80 point player based on what you saw today?

Didn't get a chance to watch the stream today, sounded like it was pretty boring.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 07:40 PM
kassian
Emelin's face plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
just under 6'1 off skates using combine measurements?.... on skates add a little ,few more inches. .
On skates likely closer to 6'3
The listed heights never include the skates, what's your point? Chara for example is close to 7ft when on skates.

kassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 07:40 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
So anyone get a sense of how tall Gally is?
He looked to be a solid 6'1, the only person that was clearly talller then Gally was Pribyl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrowe21 View Post
I dunno much about Pribyl.. Where is he playing next year?

Good size..6'4 200 pounds.
He's under contract with Sparta Praha of the Czech Elite league, they are not a part of the current PTA between the NHL and IIHF so if the Habs plan is to bring him over this summer, they will need to buy out the final year of his contract although that shouldn't be a problem. So he likely either plays for Sparta or one of their feeder teams (he played in the 2nd mens league and the junior league last year) or Hamilton if the Habs want to bring him over now.

He looked bigger then I remember but his skating isn't pretty.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 07:45 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by kassian View Post
The listed heights never include the skates, what's your point? Chara for example is close to 7ft when on skates.
NHL heights are ALL OVER THE CHARTS....some real, some fake ...

Fact is the skates make players taller ! list what ever height you want.

A player who is 6'1 he is goona be around 6'3 on skates...

The only height that matters is on skates,this isn't basketball.

Old
06-28-2012, 07:48 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:

Might be a stupid question but you yourself have mused that "player x would not put those points up in Montreal" or things to that effect, so there must be a cause. The water? The coaching? The tradition of defensive hockey?

Yeah, loft softball questions to the kid to be easy on him, but it's not exactly a question that hasn't been asked (and perhaps needs a legitimate answer).

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 08:09 PM
DJ Breadman

Quote:
This is exactly why I hate the media, I rarely watch interviews or read articles because I hate almost every question they ask. I'm always baffled as to why teams pander to the media so much, do they listen to the garbage they spew? Do you people really read and listen to this stuff? Cause as a huge habs fan I can honestly say I do not, but I guess i'm alone.

DJ Breadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 08:13 PM
HomaridII

i am guessing they didn't let the fans go beyond the glass and sit down in the stands right? I was thinking of going tomorrow but not to just stand behind a glass

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 08:24 PM
znk

Where are the reports?

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 08:25 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Was there today and while you can't know anything about how those prospects will end up to be with those kinds of practices, here's my thoughts:

Bozon: I will start with the guy who I thought struggled the most as far as the wirsters are concerned. Not often hard, not enough precise, and clearly didn't put hard and precise often together. Somehow stranged when you compare his goals and when you compare the guys he was with. Clearly, for me the worst of the chosen prospects....TODAY.

Collberg: I know, it's just skating and shooting...but this guy will make it. I just love how he handles himself and how he looks like a player. And he does have one nasty wrister. I just couldn't believe he was ours till the end of the practice

Galchenyuk: A man amongst boys except the initial exercice....geez Alex...you have to look better when you're skating without the puck in a direct line but you CLEARLY can look that akward when you skate backwards....there was a whole lot of laughs looking at him but then the laughs stop and it was transformed into ohhhhh....ahhhhhh. His wrister is just insane. Maybe needs some work in his precision cleary compared to another guy I'll name later. But awfully hard and undressed the goalies in a couple of occasions. Looks akward while he doen't have the puck, looks dominating when he does. Just a fun show to watch.

Girard: Didn't really notice him till towards the end of the exercice, had a couple of nice roofers....other than that....nothing to say about him. Will be heading home right after.

Hudon: I thought it started slow as far as his wristers are concerned, but he picked it up as the practice progresses. Crisp and precise top corners were in order. Great skating.

Lane: Well, I'd like what I saw. Started the practice incredibly well with well precised and crisp wristers but kinda cooled down towards the end. But he's a nice skater with good wristers. Seems to have good technique and nice balance, actually he really seems a pretty nice try-out....we migth want to take a closer look.

Nystrom: Liked what I saw, another diminutive player that had his good and not so good moments. You see that his wristers needs work, yet was able to get a few good ones in there. Something you notice though, is that he seems a little bulldog. Was probaby the only one on one exercice that was shooting on the goalie and rushing hard towards it to get the rebound. Great effort

Pribyl: Some good and odd moments. He clearly grew up till the last time I saw him. Had some great precise wristerse and not-so-great as well. Yet, the most obvious thing, for me, is that he seemed to me as a little uncoordinate. Not sure if it's just in my mind, but seems to me like the guy who has to deal with the growing up he had recently. Not sure if it's that recent, but he really does seem as trying to work his body out. Quite an odd practice for me as far as he's concerned.

Vail: Like how his upper body look like. Looks like a player, with tough hard wristers though precision was not always there. But good solid skater. Not the fastest, but really solid out there.

Bennett: Better looking skater out there for me. Again, maybe not the fastest, but clearly the guy with the better technique and the smoother. Wristers might need work, one-timers, that he practiced at the end, looked pretty good though. Hard and in the net often. Would also say that I believed he gain some mass as well. Not sure if he grew up but clearly looks bigger. Great to see. I really like this prospect

Oligny: See Girard. Thanks, was fun.....

Thrower: I'll name him the most precise wrister of them all. Maybe it doesn't look that hard, but he does seem to have insane quickness in his wrists 'cause he doesn't seem to work as hard as a Vail for example, but his shots are quite quick and often seemed to be able to pick whatever spot he wanted. Yes, quickness in his feet as to be worked on but not as bad as I anticipated.

Lagacé: I was at the other end so didn't concentrate at him too much. I'd say that he looked to have more problem positionnally than Marcoux though.

Marcoux: Well he seemed good. Not incredible, but I loved how he challenged most of the shots. Low blocker side are something to work on. Pretty good glove that seemed to be fixed after being laughed at repeateadly by Lane at the start of the practice.

I say that both goalies doesn't exactly look out of place and needs to be looked at closely. Which in the end makes out of the try-outs, both goalies and Lane as the most interesting guys. The other 2 are clearly out for me. But that's jut one practice.

Was fun to see most people out there from Brisebois, Lapointe on the ice, to Therrien, Timmins, Dudley, Jodoin, Mellanby, didn't see Bergevin though there was some people in the upper left side, so maybe it was him but I was too far to see....and there was really 3 gorgeous girls near me so it was a little hard to concentrate.....but hey I'm married and CLEARLY too old for them....

Anyway, fun time. But as always, it just means what it means. Don't write off Bozon just yet.....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 08:31 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Well...that's that.

Timmins is a fail.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 08:38 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Told you Hudon is awesome

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 08:41 PM
znk

Thanks

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 08:43 PM
Phoebuzz

I was at the practice this afternoon and this is my evaluation:

Tim Bozon

Fluid skater with great speed. Seems to be taller than what I expected.

He doesn't have the strongest shot of the camp but still get some goals.

Sebastian Collberg

With Galchenyuk , Collberg was THE man on the ice today. Impressive speed with quick feet. Amazing wrist shot.
This is a whole offensive package that will definitely be in our top 6 forwards.

Alex Galchenyuk

Well , I think everybody expect a lot from this guy. He shows that he's an future elite center in the NHL. Not the most fluid skater , but damn he's explosive. Strongest shot in the camp.

Félix Girard

Girard was the weakess guy on the ice today. Shows up some speed , but he wasn't the fastest. Puck control IMO was his biggest weakness. Will not be signed for sure.

Charles Hudon

Expectations were high on this one. Saw him a couple times in the Q last year , and I was a bit disappointed. Great speed , great shot but damn that he never hit the net!

Matthew Lane

The surprise of this camp is defenitly this guy. One of the fastest skater , fluid. The most surprising thing was his shot , despite his size 5ft10 170 lbs , he was the guy (with Collberg) who scores the most. I think tabs should take a shot on him and give him a contract.

Erik Nyström

Fluid skater , good speed but a terrible shot. No power , no aim.

Daniel Pribyl

Sloppyness with this one. 6ft4 about 200 pounds , his size defenitly help him to get drafted cause despite of his skills with the puck , this guy has nothing. Poor skater and do not use his body to get strong and heavy shots.

Brady Vail

Pretty good skater , looks like Pacioretty style. Good shot. He wasn't the flashiest guy but he ends up well.

Mac Bennett

Bennett has good speed and quick foots. Not the greatest shot tho.

Jimmy Oligny

I was surprised by the speed of execution of this player. Has an excellent shot.

Dalton Thrower

Best D-man of the camp. There were no contacts in this camp but he shows us some offensive aspects of his game with his shot , a heavy and aimed shot.

That's it for me. I will not comment on goaltenders , they were awful.

Phoebuzz is offline   Reply With Quote