HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Purpose Trades/UFA/Roster Discussion Thread (Bobby Ryan is "Available")

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-28-2012, 01:10 PM
  #976
Tony O
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2faded View Post
God damn, just let people dream about getting Suter. It's the offseason and there's nothing else to talk about. And have a little pride in the team, ffs. Anaheim is such a crappy place that no one wants to come here right? Maybe just a crappy gm.
This.

Tony O is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 01:10 PM
  #977
ShadowDuck
Captain Anaheim
 
ShadowDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Boston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,048
vCash: 500
From Stephans:

NHL and NHLPA announce that salary cap ceiling is $70.2 million and cap floor is $54.2 million.

ShadowDuck is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 01:24 PM
  #978
Gibson Les Palms
Registered User
 
Gibson Les Palms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,753
vCash: 814
Looks like Joker is going to be a FA

Gibson Les Palms is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 01:29 PM
  #979
Tony O
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericnut View Post
I didn't know this...

Perry’s agent is Don Meehan at Newport Sports Management.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelVarnsen View Post
Yep. This worries me. I hope this thing does not turn into an Arte Moreno vs. Scott Boras type of thing.

Which I think begs the question. Keep BM and lose Ryan and Perry or get rid of BM and keep Ryan and Perry. Unfortunately I think it’s already too late for Ryan.

Tony O is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 01:37 PM
  #980
Tony O
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDuck View Post
From Stephans:

NHL and NHLPA announce that salary cap ceiling is $70.2 million and cap floor is $54.2 million.
It won’t stay at 70.2 million. If CBA ends up being a 50/50 revenue split, the cap will be around 62 to 64 million. Plus the cap floor will be coming down too. Also, for the Ducks benefit, some type of real revenue sharing.

Tony O is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 01:52 PM
  #981
heusy_79
9 - 20 - 8
 
heusy_79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,593
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Teemu View Post
Looks like Joker is going to be a FA
I see more than a few Ducks fans want us to take a run at Jokinen as a UFA. I don't agree...I just don't think it would be smart to give him the money and term he's likely going to end up with. I'm thinking $12MM/3yrs is going to be the ballpark and that's too much for us to justify IMO. I like Jokinen as a player and wish we could have scooped him up when his value diminished a couple years ago, but I'd rather see us start with Getzlaf/Holland/Koivu/Bonino than throw a big contract at Olli. I also think we have the assets in place to acquire a younger 2nd line center who'd be a better fit.

heusy_79 is online now  
Old
06-28-2012, 01:54 PM
  #982
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!
 
mightyquack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Perth, WA
Country: Germany
Posts: 18,074
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony O View Post
Which I think begs the question. Keep BM and lose Ryan and Perry or get rid of BM and keep Ryan and Perry. Unfortunately I think it’s already too late for Ryan.
That really isn't the case, at all.

mightyquack is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 02:13 PM
  #983
TheFlyingV
Anatidaephobia
 
TheFlyingV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Yorba Linda, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,632
vCash: 500
Hope none of you had Crosby on your shortlists for next July.


Last edited by TheFlyingV: 06-28-2012 at 02:19 PM.
TheFlyingV is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 02:28 PM
  #984
JabbaJabba
Registered User
 
JabbaJabba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Finland
Posts: 4,104
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingV View Post
Hope none of you had Crosby on your shortlists for next July.
Now tell me one good reason why he wouldn't want to come to Anaheim? We got Disneyland baby!

JabbaJabba is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 02:40 PM
  #985
Tony O
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
That really isn't the case, at all.
I hope you're right.

Tony O is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 02:47 PM
  #986
Lord Flashheart
Squadron Commander
 
Lord Flashheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bananaland crapital
Country: Croatia
Posts: 4,257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
I see more than a few Ducks fans want us to take a run at Jokinen as a UFA. I don't agree...I just don't think it would be smart to give him the money and term he's likely going to end up with. I'm thinking $12MM/3yrs is going to be the ballpark and that's too much for us to justify IMO. I like Jokinen as a player and wish we could have scooped him up when his value diminished a couple years ago, but I'd rather see us start with Getzlaf/Holland/Koivu/Bonino than throw a big contract at Olli. I also think we have the assets in place to acquire a younger 2nd line center who'd be a better fit.
Ducks are at 39 million cap space, by the time they sign everyone they intended I don't think they'll get above 46-47m, and cap floor is 54.2. Some free agents will need to come in, and I'd prefer Jokinen to be 2nd line pivot.

Lord Flashheart is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 03:24 PM
  #987
heusy_79
9 - 20 - 8
 
heusy_79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,593
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
Ducks are at 39 million cap space, by the time they sign everyone they intended I don't think they'll get above 46-47m, and cap floor is 54.2. Some free agents will need to come in, and I'd prefer Jokinen to be 2nd line pivot.
Then I'm fine with offering him a bit more on a one or two year deal, I just don't want us going big money/long term on this guy.

heusy_79 is online now  
Old
06-28-2012, 04:36 PM
  #988
TheFlyingV
Anatidaephobia
 
TheFlyingV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Yorba Linda, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,632
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JabbaJabba View Post
Now tell me one good reason why he wouldn't want to come to Anaheim? We got Disneyland baby!
Don't know if Crosby would want to split star status with Parise Suter Getzlaf Perry Ovechkin and (Top Six Center)

TheFlyingV is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 04:52 PM
  #989
Gliff
Wild Bill
 
Gliff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 9,310
vCash: 500
Can we make a rule that crying about Bob Murray can only be done in the "Bob Murray sucks so cry about it here" thread? I feel like this board should be the "Bob Murray sucks" board instead of the Ducks.

Gliff is online now  
Old
06-28-2012, 05:50 PM
  #990
Fallenity
Registered User
 
Fallenity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,202
vCash: 500
Am I the only one who's very hesitant about partaking on FA Frenzy? All signs seem to point at everybody getting very overpaid due to lack of supply. I don't want this team to take on some mammoth contract for the next 5 years. The only player I can see us snagging at an affordable price is O. Jokinen and even that's only if the Finnish Connection holds up. And I've always had the feeling that Teemu and O.J don't always see eye-to-eye.

So what does that leave us with? Trades and prospects. I'm starting to feel that we'll have to trade a couple of wingers for a 2C and the only FA moves we'll make will be bad ones.

Fallenity is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 06:01 PM
  #991
Paul4587
Moderator
 
Paul4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 15,070
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallenity View Post
Am I the only one who's very hesitant about partaking on FA Frenzy? All signs seem to point at everybody getting very overpaid due to lack of supply. I don't want this team to take on some mammoth contract for the next 5 years. The only player I can see us snagging at an affordable price is O. Jokinen and even that's only if the Finnish Connection holds up. And I've always had the feeling that Teemu and O.J don't always see eye-to-eye.

So what does that leave us with? Trades and prospects. I'm starting to feel that we'll have to trade a couple of wingers for a 2C and the only FA moves we'll make will be bad ones.
We have to sign at least some players just to get to the cap floor. I agree though, this is a terrible market to have infinite cap space in, the only guys who are worth overpaying are Parise and Suter.

Paul4587 is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 06:54 PM
  #992
TripleDekeGloveSide
Registered User
 
TripleDekeGloveSide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 72
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
We have to sign at least some players just to get to the cap floor. I agree though, this is a terrible market to have infinite cap space in, the only guys who are worth overpaying are Parise and Suter.
I couldnt agree more with this statement. This may be the opportunity to allow for our younger guys to step and see what they can do to hang with the big boys. I do think we can make a splash in FA with a few players that would likely take minor discounts to play in Anaheim like Penner (who just today stated on twitter that his favorite player not on the Kings is Corey Perry) and OJ (the Finn Factor), as I do believe they both fit the bill for what we are looking for. Sutter and Parise are pipe dreams from my perspective. Those are both guys that want to win a cup (if not multiple cups) very soon and would ALSO like to get paid as much as possible, both of which I dont see the Ducks realistically doing with the cap increasing yearly. I do think quite of few teams that are are more appealing to play for will be way ahead of us on their lists. But then again . . . . only time will tell.

TripleDekeGloveSide is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 07:27 PM
  #993
Gibsons Finest
Beast
 
Gibsons Finest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Saskatoon/Brandon
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,654
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony O View Post
It won’t stay at 70.2 million. If CBA ends up being a 50/50 revenue split, the cap will be around 62 to 64 million. Plus the cap floor will be coming down too. Also, for the Ducks benefit, some type of real revenue sharing.
The best part about that? The apparent strategy of higher spending teams is to keep spending so they can't lower the cap that much, or have to help them out. I like JBo as a possible Brian Campbell-type trade option, but I have a feeling once this CBA is signed, there's going to be plenty of soft deals to be had.

As for Suter, we actually do have a pretty good advantage over some teams in the sense that cap hit isn't that big of a deal and never likely will be, just actual dollars. For instance, let's say a team like Detroit wants him, they probably offer something like a 12-year deal worth $75 million. $6.25 million cap hit, but the last couple years are kind of bogus so he really earns closer to $7 million a year for the first 9 or 10 years. But, a team like Anaheim could come in and offer a 10-year deal worth the same amount and not bat an eyelash. For the Ducks it isn't a big deal, as they're not as likely to be a cap team, and if they can afford to pay him such a figure, they don't need to inflate it with bogus years.

Gibsons Finest is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 07:36 PM
  #994
Doothpick
RIP Ruslan Salei
 
Doothpick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 819
vCash: 500
Panthers put Matt Bradley on unconditional waivers, and are more than likely to buy him out. I think he could be a decent 4th liner for us. In a sense he would replace Parros and he can play hockey too IMO. By all accounts a great teammate as well, and he would come cheap. Thoughts?

And also Matt Carle apparently plans to test the market, so I was wrong about him re-signing with Philly. I think he's going to cost a lot of money ($5.5m+) and wouldn't be worth it to a budget team like us.

Doothpick is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 07:44 PM
  #995
Paul4587
Moderator
 
Paul4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 15,070
vCash: 500
Matt Carle is the one guy I don't want anything to do with. He's exactly not what we need, a soft PMD with a bad point shot. He's worth $4M max yet he's going to see $5.5M+.

Paul4587 is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 07:46 PM
  #996
Unholy
waifu
 
Unholy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Southern California
Country: United States
Posts: 9,829
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
Matt Carle is the one guy I don't want anything to do with. He's exactly not what we need, a soft PMD with a bad point shot. He's worth $4M max yet he's going to see $5.5M+.
I've been saying for a couple years he's just another Whitney waiting to happen. Don't want him either.

__________________
http://hfboards.com/image.php?u=96509&type=sigpic&dateline=1325746233
Unholy is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 08:34 PM
  #997
Lord Flashheart
Squadron Commander
 
Lord Flashheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bananaland crapital
Country: Croatia
Posts: 4,257
vCash: 500
I don't think Carle is on Murray's radar. At least I hope he isn't.

Lord Flashheart is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 09:12 PM
  #998
airforceones25
Registered User
 
airforceones25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 3,300
vCash: 500
All these players signing extensions....

Would be nice to read Getzlaf and Perry's names next.

airforceones25 is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 11:34 PM
  #999
Seanconn*
mission accomplished
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Manhattan
Country: United States
Posts: 4,267
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by airforceones25 View Post
All these players signing extensions....

Would be nice to read Getzlaf and Perry's names next.
Getzlaf would be dumb to sign extension now... Perry, though... not really. I think Perry is the far bigger flight risk... I'm sure he'd love to play on a winning team... but i think he'll stay in Anaheim if we make playoffs this year.

Seanconn* is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 11:58 PM
  #1000
Emerald Duck
Registered User
 
Emerald Duck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Orange County, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 856
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChairmanCat View Post
Getzlaf would be dumb to sign extension now... Perry, though... not really. I think Perry is the far bigger flight risk... I'm sure he'd love to play on a winning team... but i think he'll stay in Anaheim if we make playoffs this year.
We miss the playoffs one year and suddenly we're the inept Columbus Blue Jackets, NY Islanders or Toronto Maple Leafs

Emerald Duck is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:30 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.