HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Purpose Trades/UFA/Roster Discussion Thread (Bobby Ryan is "Available")

Closed Thread

Old
06-28-2012, 01:10 PM
Tony O

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2faded View Post
God damn, just let people dream about getting Suter. It's the offseason and there's nothing else to talk about. And have a little pride in the team, ffs. Anaheim is such a crappy place that no one wants to come here right? Maybe just a crappy gm.
This.

Old
06-28-2012, 01:10 PM
ShadowDuck
Captain Anaheim

From Stephans:

NHL and NHLPA announce that salary cap ceiling is $70.2 million and cap floor is $54.2 million.

Old
06-28-2012, 01:24 PM
Gibson Les Palms

vCash: 814
Looks like Joker is going to be a FA

Old
06-28-2012, 01:29 PM
Tony O

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericnut View Post
I didn't know this...

Perry’s agent is Don Meehan at Newport Sports Management.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelVarnsen View Post
Yep. This worries me. I hope this thing does not turn into an Arte Moreno vs. Scott Boras type of thing.

Which I think begs the question. Keep BM and lose Ryan and Perry or get rid of BM and keep Ryan and Perry. Unfortunately I think it’s already too late for Ryan.

Old
06-28-2012, 01:37 PM
Tony O

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDuck View Post
From Stephans:

NHL and NHLPA announce that salary cap ceiling is $70.2 million and cap floor is $54.2 million.
It won’t stay at 70.2 million. If CBA ends up being a 50/50 revenue split, the cap will be around 62 to 64 million. Plus the cap floor will be coming down too. Also, for the Ducks benefit, some type of real revenue sharing.

Old
06-28-2012, 01:52 PM
heusy_79
9 - 20 - 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Teemu View Post
Looks like Joker is going to be a FA
I see more than a few Ducks fans want us to take a run at Jokinen as a UFA. I don't agree...I just don't think it would be smart to give him the money and term he's likely going to end up with. I'm thinking $12MM/3yrs is going to be the ballpark and that's too much for us to justify IMO. I like Jokinen as a player and wish we could have scooped him up when his value diminished a couple years ago, but I'd rather see us start with Getzlaf/Holland/Koivu/Bonino than throw a big contract at Olli. I also think we have the assets in place to acquire a younger 2nd line center who'd be a better fit.

Old
06-28-2012, 01:54 PM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony O View Post
Which I think begs the question. Keep BM and lose Ryan and Perry or get rid of BM and keep Ryan and Perry. Unfortunately I think it’s already too late for Ryan.
That really isn't the case, at all.

Old
06-28-2012, 02:13 PM
TheFlyingV
Anatidaephobia

Hope none of you had Crosby on your shortlists for next July.

Last edited by TheFlyingV: 06-28-2012 at 02:19 PM.
Old
06-28-2012, 02:28 PM
JabbaJabba

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingV View Post
Hope none of you had Crosby on your shortlists for next July.
Now tell me one good reason why he wouldn't want to come to Anaheim? We got Disneyland baby!

Old
06-28-2012, 02:40 PM
Tony O

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
That really isn't the case, at all.
I hope you're right.

Old
06-28-2012, 02:47 PM
Lord Flashheart
Squadron Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
I see more than a few Ducks fans want us to take a run at Jokinen as a UFA. I don't agree...I just don't think it would be smart to give him the money and term he's likely going to end up with. I'm thinking $12MM/3yrs is going to be the ballpark and that's too much for us to justify IMO. I like Jokinen as a player and wish we could have scooped him up when his value diminished a couple years ago, but I'd rather see us start with Getzlaf/Holland/Koivu/Bonino than throw a big contract at Olli. I also think we have the assets in place to acquire a younger 2nd line center who'd be a better fit.
Ducks are at 39 million cap space, by the time they sign everyone they intended I don't think they'll get above 46-47m, and cap floor is 54.2. Some free agents will need to come in, and I'd prefer Jokinen to be 2nd line pivot.

Old
06-28-2012, 03:24 PM
heusy_79
9 - 20 - 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
Ducks are at 39 million cap space, by the time they sign everyone they intended I don't think they'll get above 46-47m, and cap floor is 54.2. Some free agents will need to come in, and I'd prefer Jokinen to be 2nd line pivot.
Then I'm fine with offering him a bit more on a one or two year deal, I just don't want us going big money/long term on this guy.

Old
06-28-2012, 04:36 PM
TheFlyingV
Anatidaephobia

Quote:
Originally Posted by JabbaJabba View Post
Now tell me one good reason why he wouldn't want to come to Anaheim? We got Disneyland baby!
Don't know if Crosby would want to split star status with Parise Suter Getzlaf Perry Ovechkin and (Top Six Center)

Old
06-28-2012, 04:52 PM
Gliff
Wild Bill

Can we make a rule that crying about Bob Murray can only be done in the "Bob Murray sucks so cry about it here" thread? I feel like this board should be the "Bob Murray sucks" board instead of the Ducks.

Old
06-28-2012, 05:50 PM
Fallenity

Am I the only one who's very hesitant about partaking on FA Frenzy? All signs seem to point at everybody getting very overpaid due to lack of supply. I don't want this team to take on some mammoth contract for the next 5 years. The only player I can see us snagging at an affordable price is O. Jokinen and even that's only if the Finnish Connection holds up. And I've always had the feeling that Teemu and O.J don't always see eye-to-eye.

So what does that leave us with? Trades and prospects. I'm starting to feel that we'll have to trade a couple of wingers for a 2C and the only FA moves we'll make will be bad ones.

Old
06-28-2012, 06:01 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallenity View Post
Am I the only one who's very hesitant about partaking on FA Frenzy? All signs seem to point at everybody getting very overpaid due to lack of supply. I don't want this team to take on some mammoth contract for the next 5 years. The only player I can see us snagging at an affordable price is O. Jokinen and even that's only if the Finnish Connection holds up. And I've always had the feeling that Teemu and O.J don't always see eye-to-eye.

So what does that leave us with? Trades and prospects. I'm starting to feel that we'll have to trade a couple of wingers for a 2C and the only FA moves we'll make will be bad ones.
We have to sign at least some players just to get to the cap floor. I agree though, this is a terrible market to have infinite cap space in, the only guys who are worth overpaying are Parise and Suter.

Old
06-28-2012, 06:54 PM
TripleDekeGloveSide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
We have to sign at least some players just to get to the cap floor. I agree though, this is a terrible market to have infinite cap space in, the only guys who are worth overpaying are Parise and Suter.
I couldnt agree more with this statement. This may be the opportunity to allow for our younger guys to step and see what they can do to hang with the big boys. I do think we can make a splash in FA with a few players that would likely take minor discounts to play in Anaheim like Penner (who just today stated on twitter that his favorite player not on the Kings is Corey Perry) and OJ (the Finn Factor), as I do believe they both fit the bill for what we are looking for. Sutter and Parise are pipe dreams from my perspective. Those are both guys that want to win a cup (if not multiple cups) very soon and would ALSO like to get paid as much as possible, both of which I dont see the Ducks realistically doing with the cap increasing yearly. I do think quite of few teams that are are more appealing to play for will be way ahead of us on their lists. But then again . . . . only time will tell.

Old
06-28-2012, 07:27 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony O View Post
It won’t stay at 70.2 million. If CBA ends up being a 50/50 revenue split, the cap will be around 62 to 64 million. Plus the cap floor will be coming down too. Also, for the Ducks benefit, some type of real revenue sharing.
The best part about that? The apparent strategy of higher spending teams is to keep spending so they can't lower the cap that much, or have to help them out. I like JBo as a possible Brian Campbell-type trade option, but I have a feeling once this CBA is signed, there's going to be plenty of soft deals to be had.

As for Suter, we actually do have a pretty good advantage over some teams in the sense that cap hit isn't that big of a deal and never likely will be, just actual dollars. For instance, let's say a team like Detroit wants him, they probably offer something like a 12-year deal worth $75 million. $6.25 million cap hit, but the last couple years are kind of bogus so he really earns closer to $7 million a year for the first 9 or 10 years. But, a team like Anaheim could come in and offer a 10-year deal worth the same amount and not bat an eyelash. For the Ducks it isn't a big deal, as they're not as likely to be a cap team, and if they can afford to pay him such a figure, they don't need to inflate it with bogus years.

Old
06-28-2012, 07:36 PM
Doothpick
RIP Ruslan Salei

Panthers put Matt Bradley on unconditional waivers, and are more than likely to buy him out. I think he could be a decent 4th liner for us. In a sense he would replace Parros and he can play hockey too IMO. By all accounts a great teammate as well, and he would come cheap. Thoughts?

And also Matt Carle apparently plans to test the market, so I was wrong about him re-signing with Philly. I think he's going to cost a lot of money ($5.5m+) and wouldn't be worth it to a budget team like us.

Old
06-28-2012, 07:44 PM
Paul4587

Matt Carle is the one guy I don't want anything to do with. He's exactly not what we need, a soft PMD with a bad point shot. He's worth $4M max yet he's going to see $5.5M+.

Old
06-28-2012, 07:46 PM
Unholy
waifu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
Matt Carle is the one guy I don't want anything to do with. He's exactly not what we need, a soft PMD with a bad point shot. He's worth $4M max yet he's going to see $5.5M+.
I've been saying for a couple years he's just another Whitney waiting to happen. Don't want him either.

06-28-2012, 08:34 PM
Lord Flashheart
Squadron Commander

I don't think Carle is on Murray's radar. At least I hope he isn't.

Old
06-28-2012, 09:12 PM
airforceones25

All these players signing extensions....

Would be nice to read Getzlaf and Perry's names next.

Old
06-28-2012, 11:34 PM
Seanconn*
mission accomplished

Quote:
Originally Posted by airforceones25 View Post
All these players signing extensions....

Would be nice to read Getzlaf and Perry's names next.
Getzlaf would be dumb to sign extension now... Perry, though... not really. I think Perry is the far bigger flight risk... I'm sure he'd love to play on a winning team... but i think he'll stay in Anaheim if we make playoffs this year.

Old
06-28-2012, 11:58 PM
Emerald Duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChairmanCat View Post
Getzlaf would be dumb to sign extension now... Perry, though... not really. I think Perry is the far bigger flight risk... I'm sure he'd love to play on a winning team... but i think he'll stay in Anaheim if we make playoffs this year.
We miss the playoffs one year and suddenly we're the inept Columbus Blue Jackets, NY Islanders or Toronto Maple Leafs

Closed Thread