HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blue Jackets "make pitch to Justin Schultz"

Closed Thread

Old
06-28-2012, 03:16 PM
Skraut

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
You know I don't put people on ignore, generally. There is no way to distinguish intent with the post you made. Since it's basically the same stuff that others post, I place it in the extremely tiresome category that is too overused, not funny, and not very original. Not meant as an insult, but I've been reading that stuff for my entire time on here. It's basically "2002 called and they want their joke back".
I know exactly what you mean only what annoys me is the same excuses for the team, and same complaints about management. Same arguments how just this other change will fix everything. It's like (and I'm not trying to be funny here, I'm being honest) "2002 called and they want your complaints about the team back."

Meanwhile Nashville goes it's entire existence with the same head coach and GM, and dominates the living hell out of us year after year. Our fired coaches go elsewhere and have success. But we have the same arguments here year after year about how making this next change will be the one that will change everything.

Quote:
As far as your "reality" comment. Well... Let's just say that I'm still not 100% sure what your reality is.
This is the reality I live in

Old
06-28-2012, 03:18 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordique View Post
Way to go personal when you can't tolerate someone's opinion.

Can't say I'm shocked though.
Which part of it was a personal attack? Not thinking their joke was funny or original? If so, next time I'll just respond with hrr hrr. Less offensive to you? FYI, that is not a "personal" attack.

If you are done critiquing me, do you actually care to comment on the topic or are just taking the opportunity to take a shot at me? Can't say I'm shocked though.

Old
06-28-2012, 03:27 PM
Nordique
I ain't even mad

Quote:
Which part of it was a personal attack? Not thinking their joke was funny or original? If so, next time I'll just respond with hrr hrr. Less offensive to you? FYI, that is not a "personal" attack.

If you are done critiquing me, do you actually care to comment on the topic or are just taking the opportunity to take a shot at me? Can't say I'm shocked though.
Oh thats right, you qualified your digs by saying, "Not to insult you...". (which is what one usually says before they fire off insults)

By all means, carry on as usual.

Old
06-28-2012, 03:35 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skraut View Post
I know exactly what you mean only what annoys me is the same excuses for the team, and same complaints about management. Same arguments how just this other change will fix everything. It's like (and I'm not trying to be funny here, I'm being honest) "2002 called and they want your complaints about the team back."

Meanwhile Nashville goes it's entire existence with the same head coach and GM, and dominates the living hell out of us year after year. Our fired coaches go elsewhere and have success. But we have the same arguments here year after year about how making this next change will be the one that will change everything.
When we get in a GM and HC like they have in Nashville, we shouldn't be talking about changing all the time. Dougie obviously wasn't a very good GM. I can't say that Howson has done anything on a year by year basis to help the team. Thus the rub. You do need some continuity in the front office, however would we be any better with Dougie still the GM? Probably not. I turned on Howson when Howson's decisions turned on the team.

True enough. But not every decision that is made by the players is dictated by that reality. But then again, you could very well agree with that.

My reality is I never expect this team to be a Detroit level of a power house. I expect to have ups and downs, especially as the cap continues to increase. At least without a better revenue sharing plan.

Old
06-28-2012, 03:45 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordique View Post
Oh thats right, you qualified your digs by saying, "Not to insult you...". (which is what one usually says before they fire off insults)

By all means, carry on as usual.
Uhh... You mean when I was trying to tell Skraut that I wasn't trying to offend him with the lame "2002 called and they want their joke back"? Man, I broke out both barrels with that insult. I'm sure he was scarred with that one.

Seriously are you going to stay on topic or are you just going to continue to critique me?

Back on topic. I was happy we, at least, made an attempt. The odds were low, but based on the teams left his agenda was clearly not at winning the Cup next year, since other team better than us got knocked out early as well. Our record probably payed a factor (seriously though, Edmonton is still in it), but even as a Cup contender it appears we would had no chance anyway. In a head to head contest with the Rangers, we will probably lose 95% of the time even if we are a Cup contender. They are an anomaly, I don't worry about that.

Old
06-28-2012, 03:52 PM
NashPF61

Brian Murray: Justin, if you sign with us you'll get top PP time with Erik Karlsson

Scott Howson: But Justin!! we have cool jerseys!

I can see him going to Ottawa they already made room by not commiting to Kuba.

Sens canucks or Oilers.

too bad though i heard this kid is siick! =(

Old
06-28-2012, 04:21 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashPF61 View Post
Brian Murray: Justin, if you sign with us you'll get top PP time with Erik Karlsson

Scott Howson: But Justin!! we have cool jerseys!

I can see him going to Ottawa they already made room by not commiting to Kuba.

Sens canucks or Oilers.

too bad though i heard this kid is siick! =(
Just think...if this were the NFL, the front office would have to answer criticism about whether going after a free agent was an insult to the player on the current roster at that position.

Old
06-28-2012, 07:39 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashPF61 View Post
Brian Murray: Jushtin, if you shign with ush you'll get top PP time with Erik Karlshon

Justin Schultz: You guys are on my short list.

Brian Murray: SHUFFERIN' SHUCKATASH!
Fixed the Ottawa portion for you...

Old
06-28-2012, 07:51 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

And we're done!

Closed Thread