HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Buffalo-San Jose

Old
06-28-2012, 05:26 PM
Mafoofoo
Hockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBBMACBRUINS View Post
Would the sharks be interested in Nash? what would they have to add to clowe and pavelski to land him instead of going after vanek?
Hahahaha would much rather land Vanek than Nash.

Mafoofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 06:59 PM
Sabretip

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
To San Jose:
Vanek
Adam

To Buffalo:
Clowe
Pavelski

SJ gets a top line goal scoring winger which I've seen some posters saying is a need for the Sharks. Buffalo gets the physical presence they need and Pavelski as a versatile center/winger.
The Sabres definitely need help at center and Pavelski is a perfect fit but dealing their only goal-scoring winger in Vanek defeats the purpose of doing so - what's the point of having 3 great centers if they have no snipers on the wing to feed passes to? Clowe sure won't fill that need.

The Sabres would have to add to the package going to San Jose but a swap with Stafford and Pavelski as the principal pieces seems more fair. Most Shark fans note that they not only need wingers but ones with size - which Stafford has.

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 07:42 PM
DuckEatinShark
GET ALL THE PPs!!!!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretip View Post
The Sabres definitely need help at center and Pavelski is a perfect fit but dealing their only goal-scoring winger in Vanek defeats the purpose of doing so - what's the point of having 3 great centers if they have no snipers on the wing to feed passes to? Clowe sure won't fill that need.

The Sabres would have to add to the package going to San Jose but a swap with Stafford and Pavelski as the principal pieces seems more fair. Most Shark fans note that they not only need wingers but ones with size - which Stafford has.
I agree. The Sharks have had that problem for years, even after we turned Marleau into a winger.

I would LOVE a Stafford-Pavelski type deal. Much more interested in Stafford than Vanek.

DuckEatinShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 07:47 PM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ SF4L View Post
I think the past consensus between San Jose fans and Buffalo fans was

Clowe
Murray

Stafford
Leopold
I'd still do this deal every day of the week. Sharks fans feel the same. Get the two GMs on the phone, someone!

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 08:05 PM
Hatrick Marleau
#Gutless

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckEatinShark View Post
I agree. The Sharks have had that problem for years, even after we turned Marleau into a winger.

I would LOVE a Stafford-Pavelski type deal. Much more interested in Stafford than Vanek.
I wouldn't. Pavelski is way more valuable. It would have to be Stafford+Grigerenko.

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 08:06 PM
Hatrick Marleau
#Gutless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivet52 View Post
I'd still do this deal every day of the week. Sharks fans feel the same. Get the two GMs on the phone, someone!
Sharks fan still like this deal. If only we had the GM's phone numbers.

Old
06-28-2012, 08:55 PM
DuckEatinShark
GET ALL THE PPs!!!!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatrick Marleau View Post
I wouldn't. Pavelski is way more valuable. It would have to be Stafford+Grigerenko.
Well I should have clarified that it would be Stafford+.

I think Grigorenko + Stafford is overpayment though. Maybe I'm wrong since I like Stafford's game but I think we'll need to throw in a pick/prospect to make it work.

Clowe for Stafford definitely works for us, but Clowe is UFA next year. We'd probably need to add.

DuckEatinShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 10:34 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckEatinShark View Post
Well I should have clarified that it would be Stafford+.

I think Grigorenko + Stafford is overpayment though. Maybe I'm wrong since I like Stafford's game but I think we'll need to throw in a pick/prospect to make it work.

Clowe for Stafford definitely works for us, but Clowe is UFA next year. We'd probably need to add.
Would Stafford + Adam work for Pavelski?

tsujimoto74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 10:51 PM
TheyAreGoodScaryGood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatrick Marleau View Post
HAH grigorenko is never ever leaving. Stafford+Roy for pavelski+2nd? Or stafford+Adam+Catanacci for pavelski?

TheyAreGoodScaryGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 01:09 AM
Hatrick Marleau
#Gutless

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyAreGoodScaryGood View Post
HAH grigorenko is never ever leaving. Stafford+Roy for pavelski+2nd? Or stafford+Adam+Catanacci for pavelski?
No thanks. If we trade Pavelski I would want to package him for an elite winger(not Vanek/Nash) or for good young player+.

Old
06-29-2012, 04:35 AM
Rob Paxon
Z E M G U S

Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
It's perfectly reasonable that SJ doesn't want to do these deals but I feel obligated to say that Vanek is underrated due to his contract and other factors, not the least of which by Sabres fans. I doubt any skill guy takes more of a beating around the net than Thomas over the course of a season; I'm surprised he can walk at the end. I hope Ruff starts experimenting with him in other places on the ice on the PP.

Rob Paxon is online now   Reply With Quote