HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

MTL/CHI: Eller for Stalberg

Old
06-28-2012, 06:22 PM
Halifaxhab*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksTillDeath View Post
How about this proposal

Lars Eller for Viktor Stalberg

I think it would help out both teams
Kruger + Saad
for
Eller + CGY 2nd + NSH 2nd

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 06:27 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
Kruger + Saad
for
barf

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 06:36 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Didn't read all the stuff in the middle, but per the OP, big no thanks on Eller vs. Stalberg. Nothing exactly against Stalberg, but Eller took a nice step forward last year and flashed signs that he's still got more steps coming, so I wouldn't bail on him yet.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 06:38 PM
stryfe604
Believes in Yzergod

wow this bad...come on Stalberg...really...for Eller...Why would MTL ever touch this...

stryfe604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 07:18 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
Kruger + Saad
for
Take out one of the picks and I seriously think I say "yes". Painfully, and with reservations, but probably a "yes". Damn....

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 07:19 PM
Lebowski

Quote:
How about this proposal

Lebowski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 07:22 PM
xX Hot Fuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
Take out one of the picks and I seriously think I say "yes". Painfully, and with reservations, but probably a "yes". Damn....
Did you mean swap out the Nashville 2nd and add the MTL 1st? Because if Saad is involved Eller and 2 2nd's doesn't get it done

Eller's potential<<<<<<<Saad's potential

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 07:22 PM
Lebowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
Did you mean swap out the Nashville 2nd and add the MTL 1st? Because if Saad is involved Eller and 2 2nd's doesn't get it done

Based on?

Lebowski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 07:50 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
How about this proposal

Montreal hasn't been robbed like that since Clarence Campbell ordered Maurice Richard to sit for a playoff game, way back when...

I like Stalberg, but Eller is, conservatively, twice the NHL'er Stalberg is at this point.

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 07:58 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post
Montreal hasn't been robbed like that since Clarence Campbell ordered Maurice Richard to sit for a playoff game, way back when...

I like Stalberg, but Eller is, conservatively, twice the NHL'er Stalberg is at this point.
Actually, Sather and Gainey conspired to rob us far worse than that...sigh...

I also don't think Eller is twice as good as Stalberg. Hyperbole should be followed by a sarcastic smiley in the future.

Old
06-28-2012, 08:01 PM
H a w k s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix60 View Post
Based on?
Hawks players are grossly overrated. Pat Kane is barely worth a 2nd on HFboards.

Stalberg a 40 ES point producer @ 850K might be worth a a 7th. That's pushing it though.

Also Saad is terrible. He was a reach in the 2nd round and his year in the OHL proved it.

H a w k s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 08:05 PM
RomersWorld*

Why do Hawks do this? Stalberg is better and we are competing for Cup.

Not to mention we already have guys like Kruger, McNeill, K. Hayes, Teravainen, and Danault who are all in the same boat as Eller just younger. All those guys competing for 2nd and 4th line center spot since we have Toews and Bolland. No room for Eller anyways.

RomersWorld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 08:09 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post

No, I am pretty good about saying what I mean and meaning what I say. I like Saad, and think Kruger is interesting. Eller has proven much more than either and has not had significant PP time or top 6 line mates on a consistent basis. Eller has tons of potential while already showing he can not only play at the NHL level, but can significantly improve with minimal help.

So, for those of you unclear about what I stated:

Eller and one of the Calgary or Nashville 2nd round picks (Chicago's choice if the trade happens this year) for

Saad and Kruger

Next year's draft is supposed to be deep, and Timmins is amazing at using 2nd round picks well.

As I said, I like Saad a lot, and do not mean any slight to him. He is not 7 < greater than Eller (what in Sam Hill do 7 "<" mean, anyway?!?!).

Old
06-28-2012, 08:10 PM
ponder

I have to think the Habs' long term plan is to have Plekanec, Galchenyuk and Eller as their top 3 centers, don't see them dealing Eller, especially not for a pretty "meh" winger like Stalberg. If the Habs trade a center, I think it will be Desharnais, and even then that wouldn't make sense until Galchenyuk is ready to be an impact player at the NHL level (could be a few years off).

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 08:11 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post

Stalberg came off of a season in which he scored 22 goals, 40+ points while receiving no PP time.

Eller is coming off a season in which he posted 16+13. I understand not moving him because of his potential, but he's far from twice the player Stalberg is.

I'd do the Kruger/Stalberg trade though. Eller is an upgrade on Kruger and it replaces our defensively capable third line center with a bigger one with just as much offensive upside.

DisgruntledHawkFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 08:18 PM
RomersWorld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
No, I am pretty good about saying what I mean and meaning what I say. I like Saad, and think Kruger is interesting. Eller has proven much more than either and has not had significant PP time or top 6 line mates on a consistent basis. Eller has tons of potential while already showing he can not only play at the NHL level, but can significantly improve with minimal help.

So, for those of you unclear about what I stated:

Eller and one of the Calgary or Nashville 2nd round picks (Chicago's choice if the trade happens this year) for

Saad and Kruger

Next year's draft is supposed to be deep, and Timmins is amazing at using 2nd round picks well.

As I said, I like Saad a lot, and do not mean any slight to him. He is not 7 < greater than Eller (what in Sam Hill do 7 "<" mean, anyway?!?!).
Well I'll tell you...Hawks wouldn't trade JUST Saad for Eller and a 2nd. So adding Kruger, who is about equal to Eller on his own is not going to happen.

Eller is redundant anyways. We have Toews and Bolland so only our 2nd line spot is open. We have Kruger, Teravainen, McNeill, Hayes, Pirri, Danault ect to compete and Eller is similar to those guys skill but older. No point to trade for him.

RomersWorld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 08:35 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Is anyone going to "explain" why Saad has more potential than Eller?

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 08:39 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

As of right now he's our biggest centre.

He's coming along great. Stalberg is a good player and I like him, but I'd have to pass on this one.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 09:04 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
I have to think the Habs' long term plan is to have Plekanec, Galchenyuk and Eller as their top 3 centers, don't see them dealing Eller, especially not for a pretty "meh" winger like Stalberg. If the Habs trade a center, I think it will be Desharnais, and even then that wouldn't make sense until Galchenyuk is ready to be an impact player at the NHL level (could be a few years off).
Want to become a Habs fan? Lord knows we need some more rational posters who understand hockey.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote