HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Development Camp Round 2 (Thursday through Saturday)

Old
06-28-2012, 07:51 PM
HomaridII

vCash: 500
lmao

Bozon and Thrower are having a tweeter war .. they want to have more followers than the other

HomaridII is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 07:54 PM
cap10bfl

Send a message via MSN to cap10bfl
am i the only one that finds it odd that gally is given number 27, which is what bourque wears?

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/roster.htm

cap10bfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 07:57 PM
Mue

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap10bfl View Post
am i the only one that finds it odd that gally is given number 27, which is what bourque wears?

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/roster.htm
They are just training camp numbers. Nothing more to it.

Mue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 08:05 PM
HabsSlappy

I appreciate the scouting reports guys but I find it really funny how people talk about the guys wristers and how often they hit or miss the net. It's a practice in the middle of the summer. Also, often times in practice you are trying to pull off the perfect shot so you miss the net more often.

Again I appreciate it, but very little can be read into these players based on these drills. I just hope people don't go calling guys busts just because someone's wrister didn't seem hard or someone's edge control seemed awkward.

HabsSlappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 08:20 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsSlappy View Post
I appreciate the scouting reports guys but I find it really funny how people talk about the guys wristers and how often they hit or miss the net. It's a practice in the middle of the summer. Also, often times in practice you are trying to pull off the perfect shot so you miss the net more often.

Again I appreciate it, but very little can be read into these players based on these drills. I just hope people don't go calling guys busts just because someone's wrister didn't seem hard or someone's edge control seemed awkward.
But I think it's pretty clear that it's not about how a player will bust or not don't you think? Yet, as much as a you try the perfect shot, at one point or the other, you have to eventually show your arsenal. Most of them did and that's great.

And CLEARLY nobody has even a small chance in getting the David Fischer trophy, not even Nystrom.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 08:21 PM
Fozz

I was impressed with Lane at the U18. Good speed and good offensive skills.

Fozz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 08:36 PM
Et le But

Unlike the Swedes I really hope Pribyl can be brought over to work on his skating.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 09:57 PM
neumann103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mue View Post
They are just training camp numbers. Nothing more to it.
Yes, plus when Bourque goes back to #17 after Campoli is not re-signed on July 1 then #27 will be available.

neumann103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 10:36 PM
neumann103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
So anyone get a sense of how tall Gally is?
An inch and a half taller and several pounds lighter than Tomas Plekanec.

neumann103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 11:06 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

So who's going tomorrow?

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 11:28 PM
SuperUnknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsSlappy View Post

+1

Not only that, but sometimes you don't put the same intensity in a practice like this that you would in a game.

As an example, Aaron Asham used to hit top corners every time in practice with his shot, yet he never was a big time scorer in the NHL. His problem during a game was that he'd never shoot in conditions that were like those in practice (mostly because he lacks offensive hockey sense and he's never in good position to release his shot).

SuperUnknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 11:31 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Just a thought why hasn't any of the GM's asked ex-players Like Cournoyer and Lafleur, if they might come down and give some pointers to the kids on shooting/workouts to perfect shooting?

S Bah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 12:56 AM
Monsieur

Still 4PM tomorrow? Might go.

Monsieur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 05:42 AM
Neutrino

I can't find the schedule...

Anybody know if I should go this morning ?

Neutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 06:13 AM
HomaridII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutrino View Post
I can't find the schedule...

Anybody know if I should go this morning ?
There are two sessions tomorrow. 10:30 - 12:00 and 4:30 - 6:00

http://www.hockeyinsideout.com/news/...velopment-camp

Old
06-29-2012, 06:17 AM
Neutrino

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post

Thanks, any idea what kind of exercises they do as opposed to PM training ?

Neutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 06:25 AM
HomaridII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutrino View Post
Thanks, any idea what kind of exercises they do as opposed to PM training ?
I do not know tbh. I am wondering myself whether to go or not since it doesn't appear they let you in the rink and you just stand behind the glass.

Old
06-29-2012, 06:26 AM
Fozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by neumann103 View Post
An inch and a half taller and several pounds lighter than Tomas Plekanec.
Several pounds lighter than Plekanec? Galchenyuk is 194 pounds (official combine weight).

Fozz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 07:12 AM
charlie

vCash: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Just a thought why hasn't any of the GM's asked ex-players Like Cournoyer and Lafleur, if they might come down and give some pointers to the kids on shooting/workouts to perfect shooting?
Yeah Guy can show them how to sit in a hotel room and smoke a pack and a half of cigs before game time.
I still dont know how he did it, couldnt imagine his cardio without the cigs.

charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 07:21 AM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Because they would request a wooden stick?

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 07:22 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie View Post
Yeah Guy can show them how to sit in a hotel room and smoke a pack and a half of cigs before game time.
I still dont know how he did it, couldnt imagine his cardio without the cigs.
Players didn't have the crazy workout regiments they have now. If Lafleur did that now he probably wouldn't even make the NHL.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 07:26 AM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Was there today and while you can't know anything about how those prospects will end up to be with those kinds of practices, here's my thoughts:

Bozon: I will start with the guy who I thought struggled the most as far as the wirsters are concerned. Not often hard, not enough precise, and clearly didn't put hard and precise often together. Somehow stranged when you compare his goals and when you compare the guys he was with. Clearly, for me the worst of the chosen prospects....TODAY.

Collberg: I know, it's just skating and shooting...but this guy will make it. I just love how he handles himself and how he looks like a player. And he does have one nasty wrister. I just couldn't believe he was ours till the end of the practice

Galchenyuk: A man amongst boys except the initial exercice....geez Alex...you have to look better when you're skating without the puck in a direct line but you CLEARLY can look that akward when you skate backwards....there was a whole lot of laughs looking at him but then the laughs stop and it was transformed into ohhhhh....ahhhhhh. His wrister is just insane. Maybe needs some work in his precision cleary compared to another guy I'll name later. But awfully hard and undressed the goalies in a couple of occasions. Looks akward while he doen't have the puck, looks dominating when he does. Just a fun show to watch.

Girard: Didn't really notice him till towards the end of the exercice, had a couple of nice roofers....other than that....nothing to say about him. Will be heading home right after.

Hudon: I thought it started slow as far as his wristers are concerned, but he picked it up as the practice progresses. Crisp and precise top corners were in order. Great skating.

Lane: Well, I'd like what I saw. Started the practice incredibly well with well precised and crisp wristers but kinda cooled down towards the end. But he's a nice skater with good wristers. Seems to have good technique and nice balance, actually he really seems a pretty nice try-out....we migth want to take a closer look.

Nystrom: Liked what I saw, another diminutive player that had his good and not so good moments. You see that his wristers needs work, yet was able to get a few good ones in there. Something you notice though, is that he seems a little bulldog. Was probaby the only one on one exercice that was shooting on the goalie and rushing hard towards it to get the rebound. Great effort

Pribyl: Some good and odd moments. He clearly grew up till the last time I saw him. Had some great precise wristerse and not-so-great as well. Yet, the most obvious thing, for me, is that he seemed to me as a little uncoordinate. Not sure if it's just in my mind, but seems to me like the guy who has to deal with the growing up he had recently. Not sure if it's that recent, but he really does seem as trying to work his body out. Quite an odd practice for me as far as he's concerned.

Vail: Like how his upper body look like. Looks like a player, with tough hard wristers though precision was not always there. But good solid skater. Not the fastest, but really solid out there.

Bennett: Better looking skater out there for me. Again, maybe not the fastest, but clearly the guy with the better technique and the smoother. Wristers might need work, one-timers, that he practiced at the end, looked pretty good though. Hard and in the net often. Would also say that I believed he gain some mass as well. Not sure if he grew up but clearly looks bigger. Great to see. I really like this prospect

Oligny: See Girard. Thanks, was fun.....

Thrower: I'll name him the most precise wrister of them all. Maybe it doesn't look that hard, but he does seem to have insane quickness in his wrists 'cause he doesn't seem to work as hard as a Vail for example, but his shots are quite quick and often seemed to be able to pick whatever spot he wanted. Yes, quickness in his feet as to be worked on but not as bad as I anticipated.

Lagacé: I was at the other end so didn't concentrate at him too much. I'd say that he looked to have more problem positionnally than Marcoux though.

Marcoux: Well he seemed good. Not incredible, but I loved how he challenged most of the shots. Low blocker side are something to work on. Pretty good glove that seemed to be fixed after being laughed at repeateadly by Lane at the start of the practice.

I say that both goalies doesn't exactly look out of place and needs to be looked at closely. Which in the end makes out of the try-outs, both goalies and Lane as the most interesting guys. The other 2 are clearly out for me. But that's jut one practice.

Was fun to see most people out there from Brisebois, Lapointe on the ice, to Therrien, Timmins, Dudley, Jodoin, Mellanby, didn't see Bergevin though there was some people in the upper left side, so maybe it was him but I was too far to see....and there was really 3 gorgeous girls near me so it was a little hard to concentrate.....but hey I'm married and CLEARLY too old for them....

Anyway, fun time. But as always, it just means what it means. Don't write off Bozon just yet.....
Thanks a lot for the write-up! I'd love to read more from you as the camp progresses!

Always appreciated

Gabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 07:29 AM
NJHABSFAN

Thats a Joke eh? Guy Lafleur was the best in the business. When he got drafted and he got drafted to a phenomenal team. A lot of expectations on him.

NJHABSFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 08:06 AM
fufonzo

Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJHABSFAN View Post
Thats a Joke eh? Guy Lafleur was the best in the business. When he got drafted and he got drafted to a phenomenal team. A lot of expectations on him.
TBH, you grab those guys from the 70's and time-warp them to today and there's no way they make the NHL.

The training and workouts they do nowadays far eclipses what they had in place back then. Now that it's an international game as well there's so much more talent in the league and the difference between a first-liner and a third-liner is actually fairly minimal.

I doubt Lafleur and Cournoyer would have much to teach these guys in terms of actual training or technique.
If anything they might be able to motivate these guys, but I'm sure most have never seen them in action, so I doubt it would even have much impact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
NHL heights are ALL OVER THE CHARTS....some real, some fake ...

Fact is the skates make players taller ! list what ever height you want.

A player who is 6'1 he is goona be around 6'3 on skates...

The only height that matters is on skates,this isn't basketball.
This is an older comment, but has to be one of the most random ones I've read in a while.

Yes, the height is all over the place for some reason.

However, their height on skates is hugely irrelevant. Everyone's wearing skates and skates are all the same height. They're not playing against people in boots.

Last edited by Habsfan18: 06-29-2012 at 03:35 PM. Reason: merge
fufonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 09:02 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post

Thanks for that info. Do they skate both time or just the morning?

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote