HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

[OFFICIAL] - Around the NHL thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-28-2012, 08:37 PM
  #201
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,822
vCash: 354
Flames invite Wade Murphy to camp this summer he had 91 points in 60 games this year in the bchl.

TheHudlinator is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 08:44 PM
  #202
MarkGio
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,786
vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Honestly after about 5 million a year I don't know what I would possibly do with the rest. I like the fact he was a team player and took less than he could get ( I dislike Crosby)
I would pay a team of uber poor people to put stacks of 20 dollar bills into blenders and grind it down to a fine powdery form. I'll then sprinkle the powder onto my food.

MarkGio is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 08:45 PM
  #203
MarkGio
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,786
vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Flames invite Wade Murphy to camp this summer he had 91 points in 60 games this year in the bchl.
Sweet dude. Nothing wrong with that at all.

MarkGio is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 08:45 PM
  #204
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,822
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
I would pay a team of uber poor people to put stacks of 20 dollar bills into blenders and grind it down to a fine powdery form. I'll then sprinkle the powder onto my food.
well done.

TheHudlinator is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 11:16 PM
  #205
Johnny Hoxville
Moderator
Formerly MVW
 
Johnny Hoxville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,229
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikael Backlund View Post
Crosby signs a contract extension.

12 years, 8.7 Million per.

Edit: Here's the link
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=399432
He sure is a superstitious cat.

Johnny Hoxville is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 11:59 AM
  #206
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,822
vCash: 354
The toronto maple leafs are buying out Armstrong

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=399599

TheHudlinator is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 12:25 PM
  #207
Volica
Registered User
 
Volica's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,947
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
The toronto maple leafs are buying out Armstrong

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=399599
Biggest story on TSN: the buyout of a third liner.

Anyone remember a couple years back, when Toronto and Calgary signed Armstrong and Jokinen at the same time more or less, each for similar deals, 3 mil a season?
And the TSN guys were applauding Burke for picking up Armstrong, at such a good deal. While they were thumbs downing Calgary for grabbing Olli back to Calgary?

Gotta love it.

Volica is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 12:26 PM
  #208
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,822
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miokid View Post
Biggest story on TSN: the buyout of a third liner.

Anyone remember a couple years back, when Toronto and Calgary signed Armstrong and Jokinen at the same time more or less, each for similar deals, 3 mil a season?
And the TSN guys were applauding Burke for picking up Armstrong, at such a good deal. While they were thumbs downing Calgary for grabbing Olli back to Calgary?

Gotta love it.
Actually they laughed at us for resigning Jokinen, but meh TSN hates the flames since they picked us to be a contender right after we got Jbo and we fell apart.

TheHudlinator is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 01:36 PM
  #209
King Of The North
Iggy2014GoBruins
 
King Of The North's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hamilton, On
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,283
vCash: 500
Schultz decision today; are we being considered?

King Of The North is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 01:37 PM
  #210
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,822
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLaDOS View Post
Schultz decision today; are we being considered?
Nope not even close and after all the **** this unproven rookie has done I hope he is a bust.

TheHudlinator is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 01:53 PM
  #211
King Of The North
Iggy2014GoBruins
 
King Of The North's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hamilton, On
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,283
vCash: 500
Yeah he's worse than LeBron. Why not choose a bloody team instead of eliminating one by one?

King Of The North is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 01:55 PM
  #212
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,822
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLaDOS View Post
Yeah he's worse than LeBron. Why not choose a bloody team instead of eliminating one by one?
Atleast Lebron is ****ing good, Schultz has never played a game where ever he signs I hope we can see Aliu lay him out

TheHudlinator is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 02:13 PM
  #213
Sean Monahan
#Moneyman
 
Sean Monahan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Cowtown
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,172
vCash: 50
Every Vancouver fan is so ******** right now

Sean Monahan is online now  
Old
06-30-2012, 02:51 PM
  #214
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,822
vCash: 354
Schultz Sings with Edmonton now I super uber hope he busts what a punk.

TheHudlinator is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 02:56 PM
  #215
Stewie Griffin
Moderator
Benevolent Overlord
 
Stewie Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calgary
Posts: 6,693
vCash: 50
A lot of drama over someone who's ceiling is a #3/4 defenseman...

Stewie Griffin is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 06:42 PM
  #216
Johnny Hoxville
Moderator
Formerly MVW
 
Johnny Hoxville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,229
vCash: 50
Wow, the Oilers have heard of a thing called defence.

Johnny Hoxville is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 06:50 PM
  #217
Johnny Hoxville
Moderator
Formerly MVW
 
Johnny Hoxville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,229
vCash: 50
Wow, the Oilers have heard of a thing called defence.

Johnny Hoxville is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 06:57 PM
  #218
Sean Monahan
#Moneyman
 
Sean Monahan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Cowtown
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,172
vCash: 50
Well, if the Oilers do become who they THINK they can become, at least we wont be getting those 12 pts from them....?


Sean Monahan is online now  
Old
06-30-2012, 07:12 PM
  #219
Sean Monahan
#Moneyman
 
Sean Monahan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Cowtown
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,172
vCash: 50
Gaustad re-signs for 4 years 13M

Thank god we didnt sign him. Can you imagine the hate

Sean Monahan is online now  
Old
06-30-2012, 07:44 PM
  #220
Stewie Griffin
Moderator
Benevolent Overlord
 
Stewie Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calgary
Posts: 6,693
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarome Iginla View Post
Gaustad re-signs for 4 years 13M

Thank god we didnt sign him. Can you imagine the hate
Sweet Raptor Jesus, that contract makes Matt Stajan's look good.


Imagine what crazy $ Jokinen will get tomorrow...

Stewie Griffin is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 09:14 PM
  #221
Firestorm
Registered User
 
Firestorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Canada Eh?
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,064
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
A lot of drama over someone who's ceiling is a #3/4 defenseman...
The Oilers D is still laughably weak even with the Schultz addition.

Firestorm is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 10:24 PM
  #222
Calculon
unholy acting talent
 
Calculon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,597
vCash: 50
The comparisons to Lebron and the general hating on Shultz is unwarranted; he's done nothing of the sort to indicate that he's a prima donna. He (or more likely, his agent) found a loophole in the CBA and exploited it to become a UFA early. It sucks for Anaheim, but that's just the way it is.

I'm not sure what people were expecting out of the free agency process, that Shultz would just sign with the first team to make an offer? He wasn't the one who invited teams to come down and make a pitch; they did that themselves. Nor did he lead anyone on in the decision making process. Teams made their offer, he evaluated and then made his decision. And he was courteous enough to thank the other teams for their interest and decline their offers personally.

There's a shortsightedness to blame the media figurehead but what people need to realize is that Shultz wasn't the one inviting the media and the endless twitter speculation on his account; there's apparently enough people who have nothing else going on in their lives to do that entirely by choice and countless more who will devour the information and then whine and complain when it becomes too much, even when they can simply choose to not pay attention.

Calculon is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 10:26 PM
  #223
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,822
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post
The comparisons to Lebron and the general hating on Shultz is unwarranted; he's done nothing of the sort to indicate that he's a prima donna. He (or more likely, his agent) found a loophole in the CBA and exploited it to become a UFA early. It sucks for Anaheim, but that's just the way it is.

I'm not sure what people were expecting out of the free agency process, that Shultz would just sign with the first team to make an offer? He wasn't the one who invited teams to come down and make a pitch; they did that themselves. Nor did he lead anyone on in the decision making process. Teams made their offer, he evaluated and then made his decision. And he was courteous enough to thank the other teams for their interest and decline their offers personally.

There's a shortsightedness to blame the media figurehead but what people need to realize is that Shultz wasn't the one inviting the media and the endless twitter speculation on his account; there's apparently enough people who have nothing else going on in their lives to do that entirely by choice and countless more who will devour the information and then whine and complain when it becomes too much, even when they can simply choose to not pay attention.
He is a two faced liar as he told the ducks several times he planned on signing with them, if he had not then the ducks could have traded him. He is an ass and I hope he is a bust.

TheHudlinator is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 10:39 PM
  #224
Calculon
unholy acting talent
 
Calculon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,597
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
He is a two faced liar as he told the ducks several times he planned on signing with them, if he had not then the ducks could have traded him. He is an ass and I hope he is a bust.
Things change. Honestly, you sound like one of those bitter Canuck fans that were personally offended that Shultz choose the lowly Oilers over their two time Presidents trophy winning club. I wonder . . . oh right.

The Ducks and their fans have every right to be incensed, I'm just not sure why everyone else is.

Calculon is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 10:51 PM
  #225
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,822
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post
Things change. Honestly, you sound like one of those bitter Canuck fans that were personally offended that Shultz choose the lowly Oilers over their two time Presidents trophy winning club. I wonder . . . oh right.

The Ducks and their fans have every right to be incensed, I'm just not sure why everyone else is.
Because they lost a top prospect for nothing and its ******** because he lied about his intensions. If a year ago he had said I don't want to be a duck they could have traded his rights for something but no he said he wanted to play for them. You are only worth as much as your word and his word is worthless.

TheHudlinator is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:41 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.