HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs select Sebastian Collberg - 33rd overall

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-28-2012, 09:58 AM
  #326
AE
Registered User
 
AE's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Sweden
Posts: 327
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
From the original quote: "it's better than ours." I said it's largely irrelevant. In order to do what Collberg needs to do, he absolutely does not need super duper facilities, and it's certainly not going to be any sort of a limiting factor on him if his only option were to work out in a garage.



What a ******** adjective. Especially given that you just dodged a very simple question pertaining to this matter: what is your definition of "proper facilities"?

Look, you seem to have nothing to say, so why'd you say anything at all in the first place?

There is one basic fact in all of this, and I'm the only one saying it: in order to do what Collberg says himself he needs to do, he needs very little in the way of facilities, and therefore it matters little how "nice" they are. What he needs, in fact, will be available in any university gym, and 95% of commercial gyms. What he needs to do is the same in all of these places, and he can accomplish it in basically any gym. For around a grand, he could do it in his basement.

Is that hard for you to understand?
You're missing the point.
It's not about the equipment, it's about where the equipment is.
2$ set of weight's in Canada >>>>>>>>>>> a 1 billion$ gym in Sweden.
and
Development for Swedish players in CHL >>>>>>>>>>>>>> SEL

It's not about facts and logic, it's about feelings... and Canada >>>> everybody... ANIEC..


AE is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 01:00 PM
  #327
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg
 
LaurentHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,292
vCash: 500
http://video.canadiens.nhl.com/video...183193&lang=en

Collberg interview on the right sidebar, or in the bottom RAW: Sebastien Collberg

LaurentHabs is online now  
Old
06-28-2012, 01:28 PM
  #328
FlyingKostitsyn
Registered User
 
FlyingKostitsyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Quebec
Country: Australia
Posts: 7,990
vCash: 500
I don't want to look like a nerd, even tho I will, but does anyone else think Collberg looks like an elf? What with the hair and giant ears.. Legolas is a great sniper so no issue with that obviously.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 01:31 PM
  #329
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg
 
LaurentHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,292
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
I don't want to look like a nerd, even tho I will, but does anyone else think Collberg looks like an elf? What with the hair and giant ears.. Legolas is a great sniper so no issue with that obviously.


Nah, for real, to a certain extent it is true. But I think its just the hair. If he cut his hair, he would look like a normal swede IMO.

LaurentHabs is online now  
Old
06-28-2012, 01:43 PM
  #330
PunkinDrublic*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sutton,Qc-Sudbury,On
Posts: 8,282
vCash: 500
How did this thread become a " My Gym is better than your Gym " ?

I love this pick and 3-4 years down the road, this could be THE pick of the 2012 draft.

PunkinDrublic* is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 06:36 PM
  #331
Ohashi_Jouzu
Registered User
 
Ohashi_Jouzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Halifax
Country: Japan
Posts: 21,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourBuddy View Post
How did this thread become a " My Gym is better than your Gym " ?

I love this pick and 3-4 years down the road, this could be THE pick of the 2012 draft.
None of them even mentioned carrying buckets of water up and down temple stairs, so I'm not impressed, lol.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 06:58 PM
  #332
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
From the original quote: "it's better than ours." I said it's largely irrelevant. In order to do what Collberg needs to do, he absolutely does not need super duper facilities, and it's certainly not going to be any sort of a limiting factor on him if his only option were to work out in a garage.



What a ******** adjective. Especially given that you just dodged a very simple question pertaining to this matter: what is your definition of "proper facilities"?

Look, you seem to have nothing to say, so why'd you say anything at all in the first place?

There is one basic fact in all of this, and I'm the only one saying it: in order to do what Collberg says himself he needs to do, he needs very little in the way of facilities, and therefore it matters little how "nice" they are. What he needs, in fact, will be available in any university gym, and 95% of commercial gyms. What he needs to do is the same in all of these places, and he can accomplish it in basically any gym. For around a grand, he could do it in his basement.

Is that hard for you to understand?
The Habs facilities are irrelevant at this point because Collberg would not be using them if he was in the CHL and in the Q they usually suck and when you are on the road on the bus it's even worst. PS you have no idea what the hell you are talking about. PS PS When Timins said "They are better than ours" he meant "The are better than ours who are outstanding. So just imagine how great these facilities are."


Last edited by znk: 06-28-2012 at 07:08 PM.
znk is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 07:02 PM
  #333
fufonzo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,522
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
From the original quote: "it's better than ours." I said it's largely irrelevant.
Why would Timmins say it if it was irrelevant?

Is it true that he could achieve great results at the local GoodLife? Sure!

To achieve optimal results, however, you need top-notch facilities. To improve leg strength, explosiveness, reflects and maintain agility, balance, etc., you need the facilities for it.

I'm sure the difference between the Swedish facilities and the Canadiens facilities is minimal however. The point was that he's not at a disadvantage for gaining mass working out at the Frolunda gym.

fufonzo is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 08:25 PM
  #334
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,107
vCash: 50
Here are some of the players to come out of the team that apparently isn't best for Collberg's development:

Henrik Lundqvist
Daniel Alfredsson
Loui Eriksson
Erik Karlsson
Kristian Huselius
P.J. Axelsson
Alexander Steen
Lars Eller

I think Collberg will be fine.

Watsatheo is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 08:34 PM
  #335
NotProkofievian
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,701
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
The Habs facilities are irrelevant at this point because Collberg would not be using them if he was in the CHL and in the Q they usually suck and when you are on the road on the bus it's even worst. PS you have no idea what the hell you are talking about. PS PS When Timins said "They are better than ours" he meant "The are better than ours who are outstanding. So just imagine how great these facilities are."
Yeah, that's convincing. "You have no idea what you're talking about." Why? You don't say.

Admit it, you've never been in a serious gym, and you're out of your element. Just quit.

I don't need you to tell me what can and cannot be done with what facilities: I know it a priori. I know that super duper facilities are simply not going to make an appreciable difference to collberg's development, and that is why it is irrelevant.

NotProkofievian is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 08:34 PM
  #336
Vi Nc E x13x
Registered User
 
Vi Nc E x13x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 883
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Here are some of the players to come out of the team that apparently isn't best for Collberg's development:

Henrik Lundqvist
Daniel Alfredsson
Loui Eriksson
Erik Karlsson
Kristian Huselius
P.J. Axelsson
Alexander Steen
Lars Eller

I think Collberg will be fine.
I have no worries with him playing there that league is very competitive and there are great team trainers there

Vi Nc E x13x is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 08:38 PM
  #337
NotProkofievian
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,701
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fufonzo View Post
Why would Timmins say it if it was irrelevant?
He says a lot of irrelevant ****.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fufonzo View Post
Is it true that he could achieve great results at the local GoodLife? Sure!

To achieve optimal results, however, you need top-notch facilities. To improve leg strength, explosiveness, reflects and maintain agility, balance, etc., you need the facilities for it.
Oh yeah, and how do you know this? And what kind of equipment do you think he needs above and beyond what you could find at any university gym?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fufonzo View Post
I'm sure the difference between the Swedish facilities and the Canadiens facilities is minimal however. The point was that he's not at a disadvantage for gaining mass working out at the Frolunda gym.
My point is that he won't be at a disadvantage almost anywhere, and that was my point

NotProkofievian is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 08:45 PM
  #338
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,621
vCash: 500
In other news, Collberg is awesome.

Et le But is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 08:46 PM
  #339
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou
 
Myron Gaines*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,391
vCash: 500
I used to call him Coliberg in the WJC. Made me think of a colibri.

Myron Gaines* is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 08:49 PM
  #340
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
Yeah, that's convincing. "You have no idea what you're talking about." Why? You don't say.

Admit it, you've never been in a serious gym, and you're out of your element. Just quit.

I don't need you to tell me what can and cannot be done with what facilities: I know it a priori. I know that super duper facilities are simply not going to make an appreciable difference to collberg's development, and that is why it is irrelevant.
Wake the **** up. You're the one that's alone with this position against everyone here and T.T. and you say that kind of ********? Anyway this discussion has run it's course you should learn when to fold.

znk is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 08:52 PM
  #341
charlie
Registered User
 
charlie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,259
vCash: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
Wake the **** up. You're the one that's alone with this position against everyone here and T.T. and you say that kind of ********? Anyway this discussion has run it's course you should learn when to fold.
Thats a $25,000 dollar post right there.

charlie is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 09:03 PM
  #342
InglewoodJack
Registered User
 
InglewoodJack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Châteauguay
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,923
vCash: 1340
Are people seriously saying that this kid should just build a basement gym? For real? Are you that stupid? Or did i come in to the conversation too late? Anyways, professional facilities have professional trainers, that's the point.

InglewoodJack is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 09:08 PM
  #343
FF de Mars
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: 42 rue Fontaine
Country: Martinique
Posts: 5,942
vCash: 500
Collberg to the AHL anyone ? He's legal. And the Bulldogs will be kickass next year.


Last edited by FF de Mars: 06-28-2012 at 09:16 PM.
FF de Mars is online now  
Old
06-28-2012, 10:20 PM
  #344
FlyingKostitsyn
Registered User
 
FlyingKostitsyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Quebec
Country: Australia
Posts: 7,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
Collberg to the AHL anyone ? He's legal. And the Bulldogs will be kickass next year.
Playing 10 minutes in the SEL at home or 10 minutes in the AHL... He's better off in the SEL honoring his contract. The Dogs already have a lot of upcoming rookies so there is not place for a 18 years old.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 10:33 PM
  #345
x74Pacioretty74x
Registered User
 
x74Pacioretty74x's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,923
vCash: 500
Can't wait to see Collberg at the WJC!!

x74Pacioretty74x is offline  
Old
06-29-2012, 02:47 AM
  #346
BlackStar
Registered User
 
BlackStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
Collberg to the AHL anyone ? He's legal. And the Bulldogs will be kickass next year.
Oh la la.

BlackStar is offline  
Old
06-29-2012, 03:06 AM
  #347
FF de Mars
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: 42 rue Fontaine
Country: Martinique
Posts: 5,942
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackStar View Post
Oh la la.


For the AHL, you just need to be 18, if you're european.

FF de Mars is online now  
Old
06-29-2012, 05:07 AM
  #348
Franck
Insolent Upstart
 
Franck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Gothenburg
Country: Sweden
Posts: 7,796
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
Collberg to the AHL anyone ? He's legal. And the Bulldogs will be kickass next year.
If there is one thing that has become obvious in the last few years, it's that most Swedish hockey players hate playing in the AHL.

He'll be playing for Frölunda this season and there is a good chance that he'd be loaned back to the club rather than sent down to the Bulldogs if he fails to make the NHL team out of camp next season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post


For the AHL, you just need to be 18, if you're european.
The important part is that he was drafted from a European club, not that he is European.

If you were drafted from outside the CHL, you can play in the AHL at 18, regardless of your nationality. If you were drafted from a CHL club you cannot play in the AHL for as long as you are junior eligible, regardless of your nationality.

Franck is offline  
Old
06-29-2012, 05:52 PM
  #349
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg
 
LaurentHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,292
vCash: 500
On RDS, Collberg opens the door of possibly joining the CHL not this year, but next year.. Sounds stupid to me IMO. If ur staying in the SEL this year, stay until you make the NHL tbh

LaurentHabs is online now  
Old
06-29-2012, 07:24 PM
  #350
No Style Points
Registered User
 
No Style Points's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Delaware
Country: United States
Posts: 874
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
http://video.canadiens.nhl.com/video...183193&lang=en

Collberg interview on the right sidebar, or in the bottom RAW: Sebastien Collberg
dude looks a lot like Erik Karlsson!

No Style Points is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:35 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.