HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs select Sebastian Collberg - 33rd overall

Closed Thread

Old
06-28-2012, 09:58 AM
AE

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
From the original quote: "it's better than ours." I said it's largely irrelevant. In order to do what Collberg needs to do, he absolutely does not need super duper facilities, and it's certainly not going to be any sort of a limiting factor on him if his only option were to work out in a garage.

What a ******** adjective. Especially given that you just dodged a very simple question pertaining to this matter: what is your definition of "proper facilities"?

Look, you seem to have nothing to say, so why'd you say anything at all in the first place?

There is one basic fact in all of this, and I'm the only one saying it: in order to do what Collberg says himself he needs to do, he needs very little in the way of facilities, and therefore it matters little how "nice" they are. What he needs, in fact, will be available in any university gym, and 95% of commercial gyms. What he needs to do is the same in all of these places, and he can accomplish it in basically any gym. For around a grand, he could do it in his basement.

Is that hard for you to understand?
You're missing the point.
It's not about the equipment, it's about where the equipment is.
2$ set of weight's in Canada >>>>>>>>>>> a 1 billion$ gym in Sweden.
and
Development for Swedish players in CHL >>>>>>>>>>>>>> SEL

It's not about facts and logic, it's about feelings... and Canada >>>> everybody... ANIEC..

Old
06-28-2012, 01:00 PM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

http://video.canadiens.nhl.com/video...183193&lang=en

Collberg interview on the right sidebar, or in the bottom RAW: Sebastien Collberg

Old
06-28-2012, 01:28 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

I don't want to look like a nerd, even tho I will, but does anyone else think Collberg looks like an elf? What with the hair and giant ears.. Legolas is a great sniper so no issue with that obviously.

Old
06-28-2012, 01:31 PM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
I don't want to look like a nerd, even tho I will, but does anyone else think Collberg looks like an elf? What with the hair and giant ears.. Legolas is a great sniper so no issue with that obviously.

Nah, for real, to a certain extent it is true. But I think its just the hair. If he cut his hair, he would look like a normal swede IMO.

Old
06-28-2012, 01:43 PM
PunkinDrublic*

How did this thread become a " My Gym is better than your Gym " ?

I love this pick and 3-4 years down the road, this could be THE pick of the 2012 draft.

Old
06-28-2012, 06:36 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourBuddy View Post
How did this thread become a " My Gym is better than your Gym " ?

I love this pick and 3-4 years down the road, this could be THE pick of the 2012 draft.
None of them even mentioned carrying buckets of water up and down temple stairs, so I'm not impressed, lol.

Old
06-28-2012, 06:58 PM
znk

Quote:
From the original quote: "it's better than ours." I said it's largely irrelevant. In order to do what Collberg needs to do, he absolutely does not need super duper facilities, and it's certainly not going to be any sort of a limiting factor on him if his only option were to work out in a garage.

What a ******** adjective. Especially given that you just dodged a very simple question pertaining to this matter: what is your definition of "proper facilities"?

Look, you seem to have nothing to say, so why'd you say anything at all in the first place?

There is one basic fact in all of this, and I'm the only one saying it: in order to do what Collberg says himself he needs to do, he needs very little in the way of facilities, and therefore it matters little how "nice" they are. What he needs, in fact, will be available in any university gym, and 95% of commercial gyms. What he needs to do is the same in all of these places, and he can accomplish it in basically any gym. For around a grand, he could do it in his basement.

Is that hard for you to understand?
The Habs facilities are irrelevant at this point because Collberg would not be using them if he was in the CHL and in the Q they usually suck and when you are on the road on the bus it's even worst. PS you have no idea what the hell you are talking about. PS PS When Timins said "They are better than ours" he meant "The are better than ours who are outstanding. So just imagine how great these facilities are."

Last edited by znk: 06-28-2012 at 07:08 PM.
Old
06-28-2012, 07:02 PM
fufonzo

Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Quote:
From the original quote: "it's better than ours." I said it's largely irrelevant.
Why would Timmins say it if it was irrelevant?

Is it true that he could achieve great results at the local GoodLife? Sure!

To achieve optimal results, however, you need top-notch facilities. To improve leg strength, explosiveness, reflects and maintain agility, balance, etc., you need the facilities for it.

I'm sure the difference between the Swedish facilities and the Canadiens facilities is minimal however. The point was that he's not at a disadvantage for gaining mass working out at the Frolunda gym.

Old
06-28-2012, 08:25 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Here are some of the players to come out of the team that apparently isn't best for Collberg's development:

Henrik Lundqvist
Daniel Alfredsson
Loui Eriksson
Erik Karlsson
Kristian Huselius
P.J. Axelsson
Alexander Steen
Lars Eller

I think Collberg will be fine.

Old
06-28-2012, 08:34 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
The Habs facilities are irrelevant at this point because Collberg would not be using them if he was in the CHL and in the Q they usually suck and when you are on the road on the bus it's even worst. PS you have no idea what the hell you are talking about. PS PS When Timins said "They are better than ours" he meant "The are better than ours who are outstanding. So just imagine how great these facilities are."
Yeah, that's convincing. "You have no idea what you're talking about." Why? You don't say.

Admit it, you've never been in a serious gym, and you're out of your element. Just quit.

I don't need you to tell me what can and cannot be done with what facilities: I know it a priori. I know that super duper facilities are simply not going to make an appreciable difference to collberg's development, and that is why it is irrelevant.

Old
06-28-2012, 08:34 PM
Vi Nc E x13x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Here are some of the players to come out of the team that apparently isn't best for Collberg's development:

Henrik Lundqvist
Daniel Alfredsson
Loui Eriksson
Erik Karlsson
Kristian Huselius
P.J. Axelsson
Alexander Steen
Lars Eller

I think Collberg will be fine.
I have no worries with him playing there that league is very competitive and there are great team trainers there

Old
06-28-2012, 08:38 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fufonzo View Post
Why would Timmins say it if it was irrelevant?
He says a lot of irrelevant ****.

Quote:
Is it true that he could achieve great results at the local GoodLife? Sure!

To achieve optimal results, however, you need top-notch facilities. To improve leg strength, explosiveness, reflects and maintain agility, balance, etc., you need the facilities for it.
Oh yeah, and how do you know this? And what kind of equipment do you think he needs above and beyond what you could find at any university gym?

Quote:
I'm sure the difference between the Swedish facilities and the Canadiens facilities is minimal however. The point was that he's not at a disadvantage for gaining mass working out at the Frolunda gym.
My point is that he won't be at a disadvantage almost anywhere, and that was my point

Old
06-28-2012, 08:45 PM
Et le But

In other news, Collberg is awesome.

Old
06-28-2012, 08:46 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

I used to call him Coliberg in the WJC. Made me think of a colibri.

Old
06-28-2012, 08:49 PM
znk

Quote:
Yeah, that's convincing. "You have no idea what you're talking about." Why? You don't say.

Admit it, you've never been in a serious gym, and you're out of your element. Just quit.

I don't need you to tell me what can and cannot be done with what facilities: I know it a priori. I know that super duper facilities are simply not going to make an appreciable difference to collberg's development, and that is why it is irrelevant.
Wake the **** up. You're the one that's alone with this position against everyone here and T.T. and you say that kind of ********? Anyway this discussion has run it's course you should learn when to fold.

Old
06-28-2012, 08:52 PM
charlie

vCash: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
Wake the **** up. You're the one that's alone with this position against everyone here and T.T. and you say that kind of ********? Anyway this discussion has run it's course you should learn when to fold.
Thats a $25,000 dollar post right there.

Old
06-28-2012, 09:03 PM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1340
Are people seriously saying that this kid should just build a basement gym? For real? Are you that stupid? Or did i come in to the conversation too late? Anyways, professional facilities have professional trainers, that's the point.

Old
06-28-2012, 09:08 PM
FF de Mars

Collberg to the AHL anyone ? He's legal. And the Bulldogs will be kickass next year.

Last edited by FF de Mars: 06-28-2012 at 09:16 PM.
Old
06-28-2012, 10:20 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
Collberg to the AHL anyone ? He's legal. And the Bulldogs will be kickass next year.
Playing 10 minutes in the SEL at home or 10 minutes in the AHL... He's better off in the SEL honoring his contract. The Dogs already have a lot of upcoming rookies so there is not place for a 18 years old.

Old
06-28-2012, 10:33 PM
x74Pacioretty74x

Can't wait to see Collberg at the WJC!!

Old
06-29-2012, 02:47 AM
BlackStar

Quote:
Oh la la.

Old
06-29-2012, 03:06 AM
FF de Mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackStar View Post
Oh la la.

For the AHL, you just need to be 18, if you're european.

Old
06-29-2012, 05:07 AM
Franck
Insolent Upstart

vCash: 50
Quote:
If there is one thing that has become obvious in the last few years, it's that most Swedish hockey players hate playing in the AHL.

He'll be playing for Frölunda this season and there is a good chance that he'd be loaned back to the club rather than sent down to the Bulldogs if he fails to make the NHL team out of camp next season.

Quote:

For the AHL, you just need to be 18, if you're european.
The important part is that he was drafted from a European club, not that he is European.

If you were drafted from outside the CHL, you can play in the AHL at 18, regardless of your nationality. If you were drafted from a CHL club you cannot play in the AHL for as long as you are junior eligible, regardless of your nationality.

Old
06-29-2012, 05:52 PM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

On RDS, Collberg opens the door of possibly joining the CHL not this year, but next year.. Sounds stupid to me IMO. If ur staying in the SEL this year, stay until you make the NHL tbh

Old
06-29-2012, 07:24 PM
No Style Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
http://video.canadiens.nhl.com/video...183193&lang=en

Collberg interview on the right sidebar, or in the bottom RAW: Sebastien Collberg
dude looks a lot like Erik Karlsson!

Closed Thread