HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Montreal - Dallas

Old
06-28-2012, 07:19 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
Damn we need to do this fast.
Fax the papers to the league!

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 08:01 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
I'd do it. Louis Leblanc is a good prospect but we have lots in the pipeline now and he won't crack the top 6 this year if we can sign someone for the top 6.

Being a centerman doens't help him with Eller, Plekanec, Desharnais and Galchenyuk. He's expendable in my eyes and Ott is something the team could use. Fair trade for me!
That's the only place.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 08:03 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyt911 View Post
I beg to differ as far as Faksa's placement. This was a draft that had 7 or more top 5 players then 15 or so top 10 so it became somewhat convoluted. But hey if every player went where they were supposed to then we wouldn't have Datsyuk, Parise, Giroux etc. Also I think the Habs are going to need alot more than just coaching this year. They need to stay pretty much injury free and to play over their heads like they did in yrs previous or just plain puck luck.
I was only talking about Faksa being the 5th forward taken in the draft and the 4 that were taken ahead of him were projected to be taken ahead of him.

If 8 teams prefer a defenceman to a forward that's there prerogative, it doesn't change my idea of where Faksa placed.

This year will be tough for the Habs, no doubt about it. It's looking to be a transition year, the young players aren't quite ready yet for prime time and the veteran players contract's are winding down. Plus, there doesn't look to be anything decent available for us in the free agent market.

Replenish our prospect pool and free up some cap space for better times to come is how it looks to me.

In the last couple of decades our team never gets the respect they deserve, no matter how well we do. We spend a lot of money and we get players that have the intangibles that seem to come out at the right time. That's all.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 08:50 PM
bobbyt91
you must quote me :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
I was only talking about Faksa being the 5th forward taken in the draft and the 4 that were taken ahead of him were projected to be taken ahead of him.

If 8 teams prefer a defenceman to a forward that's there prerogative, it doesn't change my idea of where Faksa placed.

This year will be tough for the Habs, no doubt about it. It's looking to be a transition year, the young players aren't quite ready yet for prime time and the veteran players contract's are winding down. Plus, there doesn't look to be anything decent available for us in the free agent market.

Replenish our prospect pool and free up some cap space for better times to come is how it looks to me.

In the last couple of decades our team never gets the respect they deserve, no matter how well we do. We spend a lot of money and we get players that have the intangibles that seem to come out at the right time. That's all.
well with the right pick next year plus the UFA and RFA market looks to be better next year so it will be a big off season next year. As a Leaf fan i find myself somewhat conflicted on Lou especially because I feel that with Lou the Leafs should be 5-9th in the East and not great a shot at McKinnon but if they stick with Reimer and Scrivens either they develop and the Leafs make the dance or we get a good shot @#1. Plus if we don't trade for Lou we still have the prospects and if we tank they can get good ice time to develop.

bobbyt91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 09:29 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyt911 View Post
well with the right pick next year plus the UFA and RFA market looks to be better next year so it will be a big off season next year. As a Leaf fan i find myself somewhat conflicted on Lou especially because I feel that with Lou the Leafs should be 5-9th in the East and not great a shot at McKinnon but if they stick with Reimer and Scrivens either they develop and the Leafs make the dance or we get a good shot @#1. Plus if we don't trade for Lou we still have the prospects and if we tank they can get good ice time to develop.
Next year's draft looks to be really good, I hope we get a lottery pick or at least bottom ten.

I'm a huge fan of Rielly, I watched all his games after he came back from his knee injury, I think he'll make your team easy out of training camp. A little concerned about the knee but other than that a rocket ship to the moon. I had him as my favourite d-man in the draft.

More than a little off-topic but then again Leblanc for Ott isn't in the cards and Dallas isn't into DD.

Old
06-28-2012, 09:32 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Next year's draft looks to be really good, I hope we get a lottery pick or at least bottom ten.

I'm a huge fan of Rielly, I watched all his games after he came back from his knee injury, I think he'll make your team easy out of training camp. A little concerned about the knee but other than that a rocket ship to the moon. I had him as my favourite d-man in the draft.

More than a little off-topic but then again Leblanc for Ott isn't in the cards and Dallas isn't into DD.
Go cheer for another team please.

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 09:57 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
Go cheer for another team please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibeen View Post
u didn't watch the habs this year, right?

Hopefully you'll watch some Hab games next year, tanking is no fun alone.

Old
06-28-2012, 09:57 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Hopefully you'll watch some Hab games next year, tanking is no fun alone.
Enjoy hoping for a bottom 10 finish, champ

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote