HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk

Closed Thread

Old
06-26-2012, 10:18 AM
NotProkofievian

vCash: 500
Nichushkin looks like a bad mother****er, as well. He'll be playing in Moncton this coming year. He was one of the only impressive looking players on this year's Russian U18 team that I saw. He's very competitive, very big, and very skilled.

Love Buchnevich as well.

Old
06-26-2012, 11:34 AM
SOLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
Nichushkin looks like a bad mother****er, as well. He'll be playing in Moncton this coming year. He was one of the only impressive looking players on this year's Russian U18 team that I saw. He's very competitive, very big, and very skilled.

Love Buchnevich as well.
Is that confirmed?

Old
06-26-2012, 12:00 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLR View Post
Is that confirmed?
I thought it had been. You may wish to check.

Old
06-26-2012, 01:16 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
I thought it had been. You may wish to check.
cant be confirmed...the draft is tomorrow. only rumor as of now

Old
06-26-2012, 01:43 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post
cant be confirmed...the draft is tomorrow. only rumor as of now
Ah, well we'll see then.

Old
06-26-2012, 02:03 PM
WestIslander

NEXT YEAR will be huge for Montreal, we have 4 picks in the top 60 and 7 picks in total.

The 4 in the top 60 will allow us to either:

Keep one in the 1st round and 3 in the 2nd round OR trade two 2nd rounders for a 2nd 1st round draft pick and have two picks in the top 30.

With Tinordi, Beaulieu, Ellis, Kristo, Gallagher, Leblanc, Galchenyuk, Collberg and Thrower up and coming and to join Pacioretty, Desharnais, Subban, Price, Gorges and Eller I think that we are in good shape and might just re-build out whole team within another year max!

I want Montreal to draft the best possible players and another blue chi goalie next year.

Old
06-26-2012, 02:15 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
NEXT YEAR will be huge for Montreal, we have 4 picks in the top 60 and 7 picks in total.

Keep one in the 1st round and 3 in the 2nd round OR trade two 2nd rounders for a 2nd 1st round draft pick and have two picks in the top 30.

With Tinordi, Beaulieu, Ellis, Kristo, Gallagher, Leblanc, Galchenyuk, Collberg and Thrower up and coming and to join Pacioretty, Desharnais, Subban, Price, Gorges and Eller I think that we are in good shape and might just re-build out whole team within another year max!

I want Montreal to draft the best possible players and another blue chi goalie next year.
It's ironic that our organizations' need is to actually draft the BPA, no matter what position. It bodes well coming into next years' draft.

I'd love to see us draft another elite centre prospect tho'.

Old
06-26-2012, 02:48 PM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Grittier forward could be considered a need ... But not really as a 1st round pick need.

Old
06-26-2012, 07:05 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Seth Jones,Hunter Shinkaruk and Max Domi are my preferred picks will gladly give up the rest of the picks to retain their services.(or Draft them)A perfect blend of talent,size and toughness to bring our team back into the realm of where they should be.

Old
06-26-2012, 07:43 PM
Mats86

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post

Probably 4 picks in the top 45.

Old
06-26-2012, 08:48 PM
dcyhabs

I notice that Timmins picked no players from the American system this year. I wonder if colleges will now (after Schultz, and to a much lesser extent Kristo for the habs) have a KHL reputation? Successful players can opt out and sign with whoever they want as free agents.

Just seemed out of character based on recent drafts, but it could have been BPA, and the haul was good.

Old
06-26-2012, 11:22 PM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcyhabs View Post
I notice that Timmins picked no players from the American system this year. I wonder if colleges will now (after Schultz, and to a much lesser extent Kristo for the habs) have a KHL reputation? Successful players can opt out and sign with whoever they want as free agents.

Just seemed out of character based on recent drafts, but it could have been BPA, and the haul was good.
This is exactly the reason that Timmins avoided the NCAA this season. It made sense to go there before because they could control a prospect for 4-5 years without having to sign them.

Old
06-27-2012, 06:51 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcyhabs View Post

That's a possibility. Though with only 7 picks it's hard to see a trend, maybe after 2-3 years. I would like to see them change the rules for NCAA players. With CHL players you can sign them any time after the draft and they can keep playing, NCAA they lose their amateur status and can't keep playing NCAA, so you have to wait on those guys and suddenly they use a loophole to become UFA's. You should have 1 year from the day they leave their school.

Old
06-27-2012, 07:15 AM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
This is exactly the reason that Timmins avoided the NCAA this season. It made sense to go there before because they could control a prospect for 4-5 years without having to sign them.
No it's not. Schultz is a rare case and until it becomes a problem, teams want be scared of the NCAA. The only reason we haven't drafted a player from that program is because the BPA's on our list at our spot where from other leagues.

Old
06-27-2012, 07:25 AM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
No it's not. Schultz is a rare case and until it becomes a problem, teams want be scared of the NCAA. The only reason we haven't drafted a player from that program is because the BPA's on our list at our spot where from other leagues.
Going to have to agree to disagree as it is no longer safe to draft from the NCAA.

Old
06-27-2012, 08:04 AM
ClasslessGuy

Off subject but i'm pretty sure Gatineau will pick a german player in the Import draft (in 30min)

Leon Draisaitl

Nice stats: http://eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=71913

A lot of scout says he will become the best player from germany (ever)

He is elligible in 2014 right?

Old
06-27-2012, 08:47 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Moncton took 2014 eligible Barbshevc with #1 overall pick. Nikushkin is rumored to have signed for 3 years with Traktor Chelyabinsk.

Old
06-27-2012, 09:39 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Can you back that up with a link? Cause I'm willing to bet that is total bull spit.

Quote:
Going to have to agree to disagree as it is no longer safe to draft from the NCAA.
Also not true since it depends on if the kid goes directly to the NCAA or not.

Old
06-28-2012, 01:51 PM
S Bah

Onwards and upwards in the chase for Seth Jones,son of Popeye Jones former power forward in the NBA @ 6'8'' and 250lbs playing weight.If Seth continues his growth and reaches the heights of his Dad,he will be the same height and weight as Zdeno Chara.Seth would look marvelous in a Habs uniform,creating the "Twin Towers" of hockey in Montreal with Jarred Tinordi as a defence pairing.(Scary JT & SJ)

Old
06-28-2012, 08:47 PM
Vi Nc E x13x

Im sad jordan subban stopped following me on twitter

Old
06-28-2012, 08:48 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vi Nc E x13x View Post
Im sad jordan subban stopped following me on twitter
This is why I hate social networks and stay away from them. This kinda **** hurts.

Old
06-28-2012, 09:36 PM
Playoff Beard

I'm watching the NBA draft (even though I don't even know anyything about basketball) and I wish the NHL draft first round would go faster so they can make the following rounds (well at least the 2nd round) a more important event. Almost 4 hours for 1 round is just too long.

Old
06-28-2012, 10:44 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoff Beard View Post
I'm watching the NBA draft (even though I don't even know anyything about basketball) and I wish the NHL draft first round would go faster so they can make the following rounds (well at least the 2nd round) a more important event. Almost 4 hours for 1 round is just too long.
Meh, I think it's cooler to have the team select and the important management greet the draftees with a jersey. I'd hate to have draft tables out of sight and Bettman announcing every pick.

I do like how the NBA analysts are more likely to be critical of a draft pick than the NHL ones. Though it is a different concept when you're drafting 19+ year olds as opposed to 17 year olds.

Old
06-29-2012, 12:48 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Meh, I think it's cooler to have the team select and the important management greet the draftees with a jersey. I'd hate to have draft tables out of sight and Bettman announcing every pick.

I do like how the NBA analysts are more likely to be critical of a draft pick than the NHL ones. Though it is a different concept when you're drafting 19+ year olds as opposed to 17 year olds.
There is a urgent concern by the NHL teams to have the best talent judges in their management that they can find.At 17 yrs. old young men have to be really serious and mature beyond their age to make the pros of the NHL.

Old
06-29-2012, 12:20 PM
Fozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
There is a urgent concern by the NHL teams to have the best talent judges in their management that they can find.At 17 yrs. old young men have to be really serious and mature beyond their age to make the pros of the NHL.
The draft age being so low is, IMO, a major problem. During the last lock-out, the NHL messed up a glorious opportunity to cancel the '05 draft and move the minimal age to 19 for the '06 draft (I guess we have the Crosby show to blame for that one!).

18 is just too early in the development stage to make a proper evaluation on most of these guys and makes the draft too much of a guessing game. Considering how much money and time is invested in player development, this really has to be re-evaluated.

Closed Thread