Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ott to Buffalo?

Old
06-28-2012, 01:07 PM
Hull Fan
Czech Stop

vCash: 500
Isn't the worse case scenario Roy replaces Ribs' production, Dallas is in that lovely 8-10th spot, Joe stands pat, Dallas does it's fall by the wayside and we get nothing for Roy except maybe a late pick for his rights? Does anyone really want to take a chance with that?

If you believe in Adam, pull the trigger. If you're not convinced hold onto Ott and trade him at the deadline but don't grab a stop gap that you may or may not flip depending on where the team is. There's a lot of pressure to win and I doubt if Joe grabs Roy he absolutely will flip him at the deadline.

Hull Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 01:09 PM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hull Fan View Post
If you believe in Adam, pull the trigger. If you're not convinced hold onto Ott and trade him at the deadline but don't grab a stop gap that you may or may not flip depending on where the team is. There's a lot of pressure to win and I doubt if Joe grabs Roy he absolutely will flip him at the deadline.
But he trade Ott? Doesn't make a lot of sense.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 01:10 PM
txomisc

Quote:
Isn't the worse case scenario Roy replaces Ribs' production, Dallas is in that lovely 8-10th spot, Joe stands pat, Dallas does it's fall by the wayside and we get nothing for Roy except maybe a late pick for his rights? Does anyone really want to take a chance with that?

Yeah I'd much rather trade Ott for a longer term asset than Roy is likely to be.

txomisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 01:10 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

vCash: 1495
Quote:
Feel like we've been in this situation for three straight years.

Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs - 1997 to 2011 - WPHL Champions 1998, 1999, 2000 - CHL Champions 2011
Stars99Lobo37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 01:11 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
Not convinced with Adam is what I think he meant.

LatvianTwist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 01:39 PM
Hull Fan
Czech Stop

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
If you believe in the player, Luke Adam, go ahead and make the trade. If you have questions about his ability to be a top six center then hold onto Ott and move him at the deadline. Moving Ott for Roy, improves the roster no question, but with the loss of Ribs have you improved the team enough that Roy's one year is a gamble this Dallas Stars franchise should be taking?

Does that explain my position better?

Old
06-28-2012, 02:41 PM
Cin
Eurosnob.

vCash: 558
I'd really like to get Adam. 6'2, 200 lbs, and he's able to rack up some PIMs.

He works hard in the corners, he stand pat in front of the net (we need both of those desperately) The only issue is he isn't an offensive dynamo. Do you trade Ott to grab a GREAT #3 center option? Luke could play 2nd line, but his offensive output just isn't skilled enough. However! This is the Western conference, and we DO need big centers to wear down on the other team. I think trading Ott for a guy who can help down the center in multiple roles for the next 3+ years is an incredibly good trade.

Looking at Roy... He's a poor mans Ribeiro. There ya go.

Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 02:57 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Benn
Eakin
Adam

I'm fine with that.

Old
06-28-2012, 03:04 PM
Cin
Eurosnob.

vCash: 558
That would be a great core to work with for the next couple of seasons until Faksa and Glennie can make a big impact. That coupled with the defense we have shaping up, and we're set for a great future.

Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 03:18 PM
bug

Adam just does not seem like a stud center prospect, seems like a solid 3rd or 4th center...he put up big numbers 1 time in his early career. I'm very unfamilar with him ... what is causing you to think he's worth giving up Ott for? I'm all for the youth movement, but let's not just sell off our valuable assets for youth - we need stud prospects. Would a first rounder at the trade deadline not be a more valuable asset than Adam?

bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 03:33 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

I'd prefer Adam simply because he'll be ready with the rest of our prospect pool. That, and 3rd/4th line centers are proving to be extremely valuable nowadays. Wouldn't mind having at least one or two.

Even in the future:

Benn
Faksa
Eakin
Adam

That's definitely solid, and that's not even including Winther, Shore, Smith, etc. We'd almost certainly get a 55-70 point 2nd line center out of there somewhere.

Old
06-28-2012, 03:37 PM
bug

So you're going to trade one of your more valuable players for a 4th line center because he is young? You do remember the trade deadline this year, when GMJN wanted a kings ransom for Otter, right? It just doesn't make sense to trade him now and get a 4th liner because he is young. If that's the case, then hold onto him until the trade deadline and get a first rounder for him (see Gaustad this season). By having two first round picks in next year's draft, you help yourself move up to get one of the top studs that would be a heck of a lot more useful than a 4th line center would be.

Old
06-28-2012, 03:47 PM
Hull Fan
Czech Stop

I'm on the Adam bandwagon if he's a legit 2nd line center. I'm way less inclined if he's not. Eakin is a tweener they're betting is a 2nd line center but if not he can fall back as a good checker. If you're going to move Ott I'd rather take a gamble on Spooner, Eller, or Anismov to name a few.

I have no idea what scouts think of his game but selling Ott for a guy who's bottom six is not my ideal scenario. We have several internal options for bottom six and you can find those guys like Nick Johnson or Eric Fehr easily enough. Let's not move our best remaining trade chip outside Lehtonen for a bottom line return when he's got two years remaining on his contract.

Old
06-28-2012, 03:55 PM
bug

Most definetly agree with you ... I would be all for Spooner. It seems like he has a very high offensive ceiling ... I believe he had 66 points in 57 games last season in the O. Between Spooner, Faksa and Eakin - you would have a lot more boom potential.

Would Boston want Ott and/or Morrow?

Old
06-28-2012, 04:11 PM
TrillMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by bug View Post
Most definetly agree with you ... I would be all for Spooner. It seems like he has a very high offensive ceiling ... I believe he had 66 points in 57 games last season in the O. Between Spooner, Faksa and Eakin - you would have a lot more boom potential.

Would Boston want Ott and/or Morrow?
I prefer Spooner as well.

TrillMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 09:20 PM
Satan
why did she go

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
Love the avatar Gary.
Thanks man

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
Benn
Eakin
Adam

I'm fine with that.
I'd be psyched to get Luke Adam (newfie boy) or Ryan Spooner as already mentioned for Ott

Satan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 09:31 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Adam + 2nd for Ott.

Morrow for Spooner.

Boom, vets gone and we're set.

Old
06-28-2012, 09:34 PM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
Adam + 2nd for Ott.

Morrow for Spooner.

Boom, vets gone and we're set.
Yep. Then we just have to cross our fingers that that one of them pans out.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 09:35 PM
Satan
why did she go

I'd do Ott for Adam and a 5th without thinking about it.

Well, briefly.. Yeah... Give us a second rounder

Old
06-28-2012, 09:36 PM
Satan
why did she go

Morrow for Spooner is interesting... I'd imagine Boston adds a little more value though, just a little.

Old
06-28-2012, 09:54 PM
Hull Fan
Czech Stop

If Boston adds a pick fine but I'd move Morrow straight up for Spooner and be thrilled. More picks the better but between Spooner, Eakin, and Adam (if they trade Ott) the Stars would have options if one of the is suited to the wing, Benn could go back to wing, or one could be a 3rd line center. Someone needs to get in Joe's ear at the development camp.

Old
06-28-2012, 09:58 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Spooner, Adam, Eakin, Faksa... now that's some depth. I think you could argue center would be even stronger than defense at that point.