HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Quick Signs 10 year, $58MM deal ($5.8MM AAV) through 2022-23

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-28-2012, 08:41 PM
  #126
tsanuri
Registered User
 
tsanuri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Grants Pass OR
Country: United States
Posts: 2,395
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
But the contracts are registered with the league (agenst usually give out that information too) and currently none of the Kings have any NTC/NMC attached. According to capgeek.com:

http://www.capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=17

Kings also only release the terms of a contract, yet everyone knows the cap hit pretty quickly.
I know there are none listed at capgeek but I don't think that means we don't have any that are on the books. And where they might not be the first to release the AAV they do release it. Consider that anything that is released at kings insider it from the Kings directly. And Rich has reported both years and amounts. I am not sure if the league can keep NTC/NMC out of the public view if the team involved asks or doesn't release it themselves.

tsanuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 08:46 PM
  #127
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust
 
AKAY47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,312
vCash: 500
Unbelievable, I was saying earlier he would take a discount at about 6.5 but this is amazing. I have no words for this guy, he puts his team first and that seems to be the running theme on the Kings. They take a paycut for the team, I love that and love what Lombardi is doing here

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 08:49 PM
  #128
DryIslandBartender
KCCO
 
DryIslandBartender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 3,291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave33 View Post
The length is the only way to get that cap hit, so we should all love that it's a ten year deal.
I guess your right. Trade off for low cap hit is the number of years.

DryIslandBartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 08:51 PM
  #129
KingsCorona
Registered User
 
KingsCorona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 890
vCash: 500
I don't care one whit about the length of the contract. Not only is Quick a great athlete who will keep himself sharp and in-shape, the cap hit is quite low compared to what he could have commanded. JQ wants to stay here in L.A. and was willing to help Dean out on the cap hit in exchange for a steady job here. Even in the long run I think that helps us out way more in terms of being able to sign other players than it might hurt us later even if we did want to deal him (I don't think we'll want to though).

I'm happy to have him here in the long term.

KingsCorona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 08:56 PM
  #130
tsanuri
Registered User
 
tsanuri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Grants Pass OR
Country: United States
Posts: 2,395
vCash: 500
I did check and we are the only team listed on capgeek that doesn't have a single NTC/NMC.
Does make you wonder if DL just won't give them. And could that be another piece of the puzzle about trying to get some of the bigger name free agents and why we have a harder time getting them.

tsanuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 08:56 PM
  #131
KingsCorona
Registered User
 
KingsCorona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 890
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxo View Post
I like quick.. Glad about this deal. Bummed about Bernier. Always thought he was a touch better than Quick.
Based on what?
Maybe you like Bernier's style more than Quick's, but there's a big difference between that and saying that he's actually a better goalie.

KingsCorona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 09:19 PM
  #132
Sydor25
LA Kings
 
Sydor25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 21,849
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsanuri View Post
I did check and we are the only team listed on capgeek that doesn't have a single NTC/NMC.
Does make you wonder if DL just won't give them. And could that be another piece of the puzzle about trying to get some of the bigger name free agents and why we have a harder time getting them.
Dean did give Handzus a full NMC for fours years as a UFA signing. He will give them when needed to sign the player.

He gave Visnovsky a NMC, but traded him before it kicked in.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 10:39 PM
  #133
TonySCV
Moderator
Two Timer!
 
TonySCV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,169
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur View Post
Like others, not huge on the length (ending at 38 hopefully shouldn't be terrible), but $7 x first 7 years is probably fair for him. I'd be willing to bet someone would pay more. To be fair, we're paying for some RFA years, so he "should be" a bit cheaper. So technically, he's being paid a lot more than Bryz and Luongo.
"The Canucks paid for what they hoped Luongo might do. The Kings are paying for what Quick has already achieved and could easily accomplish again. Big difference."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...2115490.column

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 11:41 PM
  #134
Sydor25
LA Kings
 
Sydor25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 21,849
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur View Post
Like others, not huge on the length (ending at 38 hopefully shouldn't be terrible), but $7 x first 7 years is probably fair for him. I'd be willing to bet someone would pay more. To be fair, we're paying for some RFA years, so he "should be" a bit cheaper. So technically, he's being paid a lot more than Bryz and Luongo.

you see doughty, this is how you're supposed to do it. i hope you realize how stupid you looked
Quick's last RFA year is this coming season and he is only making $1.8 million. All 10 years of his new contact are UFA years.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 11:43 PM
  #135
jml87
Registered User
 
jml87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,912
vCash: 500
A $5.8 mm cap hit? I seriously love this guy. Happy to be enjoying Quick for the next decade!

jml87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 11:56 PM
  #136
Chazz Reinhold
Registered User
 
Chazz Reinhold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Stanley Cup
Country: United States
Posts: 6,952
vCash: 500
I was against a really long deal for Quick, but that cap hit makes up for it. It still allows the Kings a great amount of flexibility.

I just love how painless this was. Lombardi wanted Quick. Quick wanted the Kings. Boom. 5 days later he has a lifetime contract.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 12:01 AM
  #137
Aussie King
Registered User
 
Aussie King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Melbourne
Country: Australia
Posts: 996
vCash: 500
Great contract!

Aussie King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 12:09 AM
  #138
Sydor25
LA Kings
 
Sydor25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 21,849
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
I was against a really long deal for Quick, but that cap hit makes up for it. It still allows the Kings a great amount of flexibility.

I just love how painless this was. Lombardi wanted Quick. Quick wanted the Kings. Boom. 5 days later he has a lifetime contract.
Just shows that Jack Ferreira was right when he said last June that Doughty's agents didn't want to make a deal before July 1st. Lombardi would have signed Doughty to that 8 year deal last June if Newport Sports wanted to get it done. Instead they dragged it out for an entire summer and had Drew miss camp. Doughty just wasn't strong enough to tell his agent to get it done.

These huge deals can get done relatively quickly when both sides are motivated.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 12:24 AM
  #139
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 13,392
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Just shows that Jack Ferreira was right when he said last June that Doughty's agents didn't want to make a deal before July 1st. Lombardi would have signed Doughty to that 8 year deal last June if Newport Sports wanted to get it done. Instead they dragged it out for an entire summer and had Drew miss camp. Doughty just wasn't strong enough to tell his agent to get it done.

These huge deals can get done relatively quickly when both sides are motivated.
Agents from big firms like that, do not have the clients interest at heart.

That agency losses money with contract terms like the one's going around.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 01:10 AM
  #140
William H Bonney
Registered User
 
William H Bonney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sierra Nevada
Country: United States
Posts: 19,646
vCash: 500
My favorite player just signed for 10 years with my favorite team with a cap friendly deal? Hallelujah. These last couple months have just been unimaginable hockey bliss. So, so happy.

__________________
"I have been complimented many times and they always embarrass me; I always feel that they have not said enough." - Mark Twain.
William H Bonney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 01:24 AM
  #141
Scottkmlps
Moderator
 
Scottkmlps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Ladysmith, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,145
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
Unbelievable, I was saying earlier he would take a discount at about 6.5 but this is amazing. I have no words for this guy, he puts his team first and that seems to be the running theme on the Kings. They take a paycut for the team, I love that and love what Lombardi is doing here
Culture b*****s, culture.

Scottkmlps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 01:26 AM
  #142
Scottkmlps
Moderator
 
Scottkmlps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Ladysmith, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,145
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Just shows that Jack Ferreira was right when he said last June that Doughty's agents didn't want to make a deal before July 1st. Lombardi would have signed Doughty to that 8 year deal last June if Newport Sports wanted to get it done. Instead they dragged it out for an entire summer and had Drew miss camp. Doughty just wasn't strong enough to tell his agent to get it done.

These huge deals can get done relatively quickly when both sides are motivated.
Welcome to Don Meehans world. He doesn't give two s***s about his clients or their families. All he cares about is his 10%, that's it.

Scottkmlps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 01:57 AM
  #143
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
The Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,293
vCash: 500
Yeeesh!

Too much and too long!

But then again, he'll probably be traded within the first 5 yrs.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 02:43 AM
  #144
tsanuri
Registered User
 
tsanuri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Grants Pass OR
Country: United States
Posts: 2,395
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Dean did give Handzus a full NMC for fours years as a UFA signing. He will give them when needed to sign the player.

He gave Visnovsky a NMC, but traded him before it kicked in.
But if memory serves me right both those were in 07. So it has been awhile since he has signed anyone to a NTC/NMC.

tsanuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 03:05 AM
  #145
Albi
Registered User
 
Albi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Lavena - Italy
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,627
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Albi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post
Yeeesh!

Too much and too long!

But then again, he'll probably be traded within the first 5 yrs.
Lay down the pipe Bud...

Albi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 09:52 AM
  #146
HansH
Unwelcome Spectre
 
HansH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: San Diego
Country: United States
Posts: 3,524
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albi View Post
Lay down the pipe Bud...
"That's what _she_ said!"

HansH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 11:04 AM
  #147
Dave33
Still smiling
 
Dave33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,364
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post
Yeeesh!

Too much and too long!

But then again, he'll probably be traded within the first 5 yrs.
This deserves the Billy Madison, "I award you no points" diatribe. You've got to be joking.

Dave33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 11:20 AM
  #148
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,665
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
Now here's another org that "gets" Twitter.

https://twitter.com/PredsNHL/status/218472704674758657

"Hey @LAKings we beg to differ ‪#RinneQuickShowdown‬ -- Oct. 23/Nov. 13/Jan. 21/Jan. 31"

Oh it's ON *****es!
Love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsanuri View Post
I know there are none listed at capgeek but I don't think that means we don't have any that are on the books. And where they might not be the first to release the AAV they do release it. Consider that anything that is released at kings insider it from the Kings directly. And Rich has reported both years and amounts. I am not sure if the league can keep NTC/NMC out of the public view if the team involved asks or doesn't release it themselves.
Capgeek might not get the details right away, but usually they have them after a week or so and they have been as bang on as anyone else out there that I've seen. I don't recall them being wrong about a player having/not having a NTC/NMC.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 12:40 PM
  #149
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room
 
KINGS17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 15,975
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottkmlps View Post
Welcome to Don Meehans world. He doesn't give two s***s about his clients or their families. All he cares about is his 10%, that's it.
So true.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 02:26 PM
  #150
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan
 
KingPurpleDinosaur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: irvine, ca
Posts: 2,889
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Quick's last RFA year is this coming season and he is only making $1.8 million. All 10 years of his new contact are UFA years.
excellent point, my mistake. Quick, this is for you


KingPurpleDinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:42 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.