HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Latendresse will test the market

Closed Thread

Old
06-28-2012, 07:11 PM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
Nice guy, and he was more motivated and physical than what i was expecting when we got him from the Habs; here's hoping he keeps it up, stays healthy, and meshes with his new team. I wouldn't have given him $2.5m, but the potential is there. Of course, he could be like Penner and only work for one team (so far). For the sake of the fans of his next team I really hope it's a one year contract.
Agree completely.

Old
06-28-2012, 07:16 PM
Lebowski

Would love to have him back on the Habs in an offensive third line role.

If he can stay healthy, that is.

Old
06-28-2012, 07:17 PM
QMJHLfollower
Heart and soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaLoN View Post
What's the contingency plan for when Lats gets injured after 10-11 games?
Kadri or Frattin.

Old
06-28-2012, 07:49 PM
WolfgangAmadeusEller*

1y/1M

Old
06-28-2012, 08:12 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Mind View Post
1y/1M
he might take that if being close to his kid is as important as he makes it sound. He was probably only looking at $1.5m with the Wild (before the performance bonuses he was eligible for). I think a short term deal would be great for him--keep him hungry (LOL--couldn't resist). seriously, though: it could end up working out well for the team signing him and for himself to sign a cheap one year. Team gets a motivated Latendresse, Latendresse gets a chance to boost his stats and look like a more expensive player for a longer contract.

Old
06-28-2012, 08:15 PM
Flamesfan102

Very high chance he'll sign with the Canadiens July 1st. He wants to be near his family.

Old
06-28-2012, 08:32 PM
Tyler Biggs
Go Leafs Go!

I would love to see him on the 3rd line for the Leafs. He is big, strong and a solid hitter.

Old
06-28-2012, 08:37 PM
Surly Furious

I call BS on the kid thing - this is a money grab. I know ****loads of separated couples who live in separate cities who make much less than millions of dollars who make it work, especially when one of the two is a MILLIONAIRE and could fly out for a weekend, or have a whole summer off.

******** monsieur.

Old
06-28-2012, 08:46 PM
DaveMatthew

I could see him landing in Ottawa on a 1 year deal.

We essentially have two top 6 winger spots up for grabs (will be a battle between Foligno, Greening, Regin, Silfverberg and Stone), and Latendresse would have as good a shot as any of those guys of winning it in camp.

And if he does, that means taking regular shifts with Spezza. Some garbage goals here and there and Latendresse could find himself having a career year and setting himself up for a nice payday next summer.

Plus, it's 1.5 hours from Montreal.

Old
06-28-2012, 09:18 PM
WestCoastWild

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
True but our GM is a moron for just not giving Lats the qualifying offer in the first place. The lowest scoring team in the NHL just gave up a 25+ goal scorer because they were too cheap and stupid.
Jesus dude do you ever read outside your little irritable box? The Wild offered him a great contract and he turned it down to be closer to Montreal... Can't fault the front office for a player turning away a contract wanting to be closer to family.

Stop calling GMCF a moron, he's built this team team to have a bright future which is something dougie risenbrough had NO CHANCE of doing. Without Fletcher and his staff we might be in a even worse spot.

Yeah we have lots of cap room, but lets say they retain his rights and can't trade him, I'm sorry I don't want Lats for 2.5 on the roster. I'd rather use that VAST cap space to try to Lure Parise and Suter to the team, than Lats who had ONE good season. Yeah yeah injuries hurt him but the fact of the matter is AFTER he had a good season he came in overweight AFTER signing a nice contract with the Wild, got hurt because of that LOST a year, came back ready to play (in his last year of the contract) and got hurt again. He's not worth 2.5M on our books and he obviously wants to go home, so why would Fltch qualify a player that has that "meh" past 2 seasons AND wants to be at home in Montreal?

Last edited by WestCoastWild: 06-28-2012 at 09:33 PM.
Old
06-28-2012, 09:40 PM
mplspug

I loved Lats as much as the next guy. I'll be rooting for him where ever he lands, but he is a high risk. I really thought Fletch was going to get it done, but it appears Lats had other plans from the beginning. It wasn't too long ago he was sounding disappointed because he seemed resolved to the fact the Wild weren't going to try and sign him.

And I was really nervous when he started talking about being symptom free with his concussion. He seemed a little over the top enthusiastic. When guys come off an injury with that attitude, it never seems to end well.

I hope I am wrong, but something is just not adding up in my mind.

And it is pretty funny how some people can spend other people's $2.5M playing fantasy GM. There are not a lot of GMs that would just throw money at a guy who averaged 13.5 games in the last 2 seasons. Not ones tat want to keep their job.

I also wonder about a guy's mindset who want's to play closer to his family. Really? If they are that important, why don't you move them? Is he even married?

Last edited by mplspug: 06-28-2012 at 09:45 PM.
Old
06-28-2012, 11:17 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by mplspug View Post
I loved Lats as much as the next guy. I'll be rooting for him where ever he lands, but he is a high risk. I really thought Fletch was going to get it done, but it appears Lats had other plans from the beginning. It wasn't too long ago he was sounding disappointed because he seemed resolved to the fact the Wild weren't going to try and sign him.

And I was really nervous when he started talking about being symptom free with his concussion. He seemed a little over the top enthusiastic. When guys come off an injury with that attitude, it never seems to end well.

I hope I am wrong, but something is just not adding up in my mind.

And it is pretty funny how some people can spend other people's $2.5M playing fantasy GM. There are not a lot of GMs that would just throw money at a guy who averaged 13.5 games in the last 2 seasons. Not ones tat want to keep their job.

I also wonder about a guy's mindset who want's to play closer to his family. Really? If they are that important, why don't you move them? Is he even married?
he's not married. think he's still dating a pop star based in montreal. she's kind of a big deal...anyway, she has her own life and career there, so maybe it's her telling him he's got to get his wandering ass home.

Old
06-28-2012, 11:20 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
he's not married. think he's still dating a pop star based in montreal. she's kind of a big deal...anyway, she has her own life and career there, so maybe it's her telling him he's got to get his wandering ass home.
You're correct but I wouldn't say she's kind of a big deal.

Old
06-28-2012, 11:23 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
You're correct but I wouldn't say she's kind of a big deal.
i don't know anything about her but that she won some sort of singing competition. I think. I figured she was a Quebecois kelly clarkson or something.

Old
06-29-2012, 12:12 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Quote:
i don't know anything about her but that she won some sort of singing competition. I think. I figured she was a Quebecois kelly clarkson or something.
Is his son hers? I would assume so.

Old
06-29-2012, 07:22 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
Is his son hers? I would assume so.
You have no idea what you are talking about.

He is dating a singer named Annie Villeneuve, but his son is with Maika Desnoyer, ex-candidate for Miss Canada.

He can deal with his gf, but it's a bit harder to deal with being a presence to your son from a distance. Especially if you ain't seeing the mother anymore.

Old
06-29-2012, 07:26 AM
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!

the Minimarket......

Old
06-29-2012, 07:46 AM
mplspug

So Gui makes bad decisions. The guy has #fail written all over him. Maybe he should get counseling from some NBA players. They seem to handle this stuff real well.

Old
06-29-2012, 08:13 AM
Hugo Sham

i can absolutely see him going to the Bruins, who for the last few years, have a hard-on for always having an ex-hab in their line-up at any moment...ryder, pouliot,

Old
06-29-2012, 08:16 AM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Guille is a ladies man...

he takes them for burgers.

Closed Thread