HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Offseason Thread Part XI: Stempniak and Ponikarovsky, LOL Offseason Edition

Closed Thread

Old
06-28-2012, 04:16 PM
turcotte8

vCash: 500
Kevin Allen ‏@kausatoday

Jonathan Quick gets 10-year extension from Kings.

Old
06-28-2012, 04:24 PM
mullichicken25

i think fans are going to be surprised/letdown when the rangers have a relatively quite offseason

i imagine they'll end up bring in 1 older vet on offense, a depth guy on D, a few minor league mitchel-esque deals, and of course one small, sather pattented, head-scratcher

theres nothing wrong with letting a young, hardworking team continue to develope and grow....Glenn's been doing a good job of thinking anbout the big picture recently and if the right move isnt there, he wont make one just to make one(hopefuly)

Old
06-28-2012, 04:29 PM
rangers5000

with the cap going over 70 mill, that means if the rangers trade duby(which they better), they will have roughly 25mill to work with

even after signing a few depths like biron/prust/etc we should have over 20 mill to spend

even if doan wants 5, parise 7.5

we could get atleast 2 big names, maybe 3

Old
06-28-2012, 04:30 PM
NYR Viper

How about Bouillon as a #6/7 vet d-man?

Old
06-28-2012, 04:34 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark11 View Post
with the cap going over 70 mill, that means if the rangers trade duby(which they better), they will have roughly 25mill to work with

even after signing a few depths like biron/prust/etc we should have over 20 mill to spend

What? That's the summer cap. You can't start the season with it. No one knows what the cap will be next years.

Old
06-28-2012, 04:35 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
How about Bouillon as a #6/7 vet d-man?
Two years ago when he was suggested I was kind of for it, not sure now though.

Old
06-28-2012, 04:48 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:

why should we "better trade Dubi"? if we get nothing better back in return, that would make no sense. With the cap where it is now, we already have a ton of space, if it goes up thats even more space.

Old
06-28-2012, 04:52 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Why do we want 2 or 3 big names?

Old
06-28-2012, 04:52 PM
DutchShamrock

Tired of the "sign suter trade staal" posts. Raising the cap without adding depth to the blueline to make the #2 defensive team give up a few less goals? Great. Sit back and watch the jennings trophies pile up while the defense collapses from exhaustion in May.

Old
06-28-2012, 05:11 PM
DanrickBrassardi

Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris

NHL officially announces summer cap of $70.2 million with a $54.2 million floor. In effect until new CBA is signed.

Dave Lozo ‏@DaveLozo

Your NHL salary cap is officially $70.2 million for next season with a floor of $54.2.

Larry Brooks ‏@NYP_Brooksie

Told that the $70.2M cap includes 5-percent bump as authorized by PA...

Larry Brooks ‏@NYP_Brooksie

Summer cap thus $77.22M

is the summer cap $77.22M or $70.2M?

Old
06-28-2012, 05:13 PM
Senorchris

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinIce View Post
is the summer cap $77.22M or $70.2M?
The former ($77.22m). The difference between the floor and the (in-season) cap is always $16m, in this CBA.

Old
06-28-2012, 06:15 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senorchris View Post
The former ($77.22m). The difference between the floor and the (in-season) cap is always $16m, in this CBA.
Yes, but that has nothing to do with the summer cap. The $70.2m figure is what the Cap would be to start next year under this labor agreement. Teams get a 10% cushion during the offseason to account for issues like the Wade Redden one. Thus the $77.22m number (70.2+10%). Contracts count differently against the summer cap than against the in season cap

Old
06-28-2012, 06:52 PM
ltrangerfan

I keep reading about who the Rangers should target and why they shouldn't overpay.

I'm getting the sense (based on other teams blogs and the salary paid on the limited number of signings) that if you don't overpay (trades and or salary) this off season you will be getting crumbs.

I really don't follow the personnel moves as close as many others on this site so I'm truly guessing.

Will the Rangers be forced to overpay in order to make any real upgrades?

Old
06-28-2012, 06:54 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullichicken25 View Post
i think fans are going to be surprised/letdown when the rangers have a relatively quite offseason

i imagine they'll end up bring in 1 older vet on offense, a depth guy on D, a few minor league mitchel-esque deals, and of course one small, sather pattented, head-scratcher

theres nothing wrong with letting a young, hardworking team continue to develope and grow....Glenn's been doing a good job of thinking anbout the big picture recently and if the right move isnt there, he wont make one just to make one(hopefuly)
Unless its a trade I expect only depth moves, Vet D, faceoff C and 3rd line bigger body

I am ok with Whitney for the top 6 , would love Doan but doubt he goes

Old
06-28-2012, 06:55 PM
Rust Heisenberg

I suspect our main 2 fa targets, besides Schultz, would be Doan and Gaustad.

Old
06-28-2012, 07:23 PM
Senorchris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
Yes, but that has nothing to do with the summer cap. The $70.2m figure is what the Cap would be to start next year under this labor agreement. Teams get a 10% cushion during the offseason to account for issues like the Wade Redden one. Thus the $77.22m number (70.2+10%). Contracts count differently against the summer cap than against the in season cap
I was pointing out that the cap floor (the sole reported figure from those quotes that wasn't conflicted) is $54.2m, which makes the cap ceiling $70.2m ($16m difference).

Old
06-28-2012, 08:35 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltrangerfan View Post
I keep reading about who the Rangers should target and why they shouldn't overpay.

I'm getting the sense (based on other teams blogs and the salary paid on the limited number of signings) that if you don't overpay (trades and or salary) this off season you will be getting crumbs.

I really don't follow the personnel moves as close as many others on this site so I'm truly guessing.

Will the Rangers be forced to overpay in order to make any real upgrades?
No. There are always players to be had for a good price. They just might not be the big names that everyone is so enamored with.

Old
06-28-2012, 10:17 PM
CM PUNK

CapGeek ‏@capgeek
Furthermore, dating back to last August, #NHL teams have spent $583M locking up 66 members of the 2012 UFA class. http://www.capgeek.com/ufa_tracker.php
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite

list of all the guys that would have been UFAs this year that have already resign with their clubs...

really makes you think about the 'wait for next years, the ufa class will be better' theory cause lots of those guys will be resigned long before july 1st, 2013

Old
06-28-2012, 11:47 PM
rangers5000

ya you know what we should just not sign any big names

how bad was that richards deal we did last july 1, man he sure did suck in the playoffs lol, we lose game 6 in ottawa without him

rangers have a window right now, you never know when the next window will be, they need to make a run right now, even if they have to overpay a little

duby needs to go, overpaid, sick of him, he would not be hard to trade, that leaves us 25 mill to go after a couple big names, and maybe sign some good depth guys

plus there are alot of good veteren guys on the table
look at this list of players we should target

parise
doan
whitney
jagr(still a 50 point guy, but no more than 2.75)
tootoo(good 4th liner)

alot of names we can get, hank is not getting any younger, goalies like him don't come around often, richards will not be the same player in a few years, and who knows what our d core will want in the future

imo make a offer for parise 7.5per year
try to trade for ryan with a duby package deal
sign a couple of depth players like tootoo and a solid number 5/6 dman
try to sign the likes of doan/whitney/jagr to short term deals

Old
06-29-2012, 12:10 AM
we want the cup 94

You cant sit and wait and say Next years class will be better . Most teams if they are out by the time of teh Deadline will trade that player and that player will most likely sign a deal with the team he was traded to . What i would do is if we sign Schultz

Make a package to get Nash/Ryan . I would Rather Nash something tells me in NY he will be a monster .

Throw 7.5 at parise . Maybe something like brads contract . Something that he will have to think about like 5 times before turning it down .

If we do get Parise go hard after Ryan forget Nash .

If we get Schultz and feel like moving MDZ . He Maybe the ducks go after apackage of Mdz dubi plus for Ryan

Remember Gabby is out half the year next year someone needs to put pucks in the net . Imagine top two lines of

Ryan Richie Gabby

Kreids Step Parise

Old
06-29-2012, 01:41 AM
rangers5000

if we get schultz, we could do a package deal of duby/zotto to ducks, which they probably will do

that would be "best case"

if that does happen we would have out top 4 d man all set, get ryan, and we would still have about the same cap space we currently have

even after signing biron/prust/tootoo/etc we would still have over 20 mill

Old
06-29-2012, 01:42 AM
Callagraves
Block shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want the cup 94 View Post
You cant sit and wait and say Next years class will be better . Most teams if they are out by the time of teh Deadline will trade that player and that player will most likely sign a deal with the team he was traded to . What i would do is if we sign Schultz

Make a package to get Nash/Ryan . I would Rather Nash something tells me in NY he will be a monster .

Throw 7.5 at parise . Maybe something like brads contract . Something that he will have to think about like 5 times before turning it down .

If we do get Parise go hard after Ryan forget Nash .

If we get Schultz and feel like moving MDZ . He Maybe the ducks go after apackage of Mdz dubi plus for Ryan

Remember Gabby is out half the year next year someone needs to put pucks in the net . Imagine top two lines of

Ryan Richie Gabby

Kreids Step Parise
We can't pencil Kreider in to the top lines yet, and certainly not over Cally.

It may take more than 7.5 to nab Parise.

A MDZ/Dubinsky package is unlikely to nab Bobby Ryan. It'll take a top pairing Dman to do that.

It'll take more to get than I think we should give to go near Ryan or Nash.

I don't want to trade for Nash regardless.

Old
06-29-2012, 02:02 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
It might still happen, but itís now unlikely captain Zach Parise will re-sign with the Devils before he becomes an unrestricted free agent Sunday and fields offers from more well-heeled suitors.

Though the Devils have indicated their desire to retain Parise, it appears they have not presented any contract proposals, nor explored preliminary parameters with their star left winger, who soon may become the highest-paid free agent signing in NHL history. The Devils may make a bid before Sunday, but there would be no reason for Parise to make a hurried decision.

If Parise reaches free agency Sunday, he can be expected to consider a Devils offer on an equal basis, but likely will receive bids from most other teams. The Red Wings, Kings, Rangers and Penguins loom as major suitors.

The Devils still are sorting out their financial situation, and though that may hinder their ability to offer a competitive deal, it could also discourage a player uncertain ownership could add further high-priced players.
Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/devil...#ixzz1z9wCNkDA

$14M salary in the first season is allowed. $12M of that as a signing bonus payable on Sunday.

Old
06-29-2012, 02:14 AM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/devil...#ixzz1z9wCNkDA

$14M salary in the first season is allowed. $12M of that as a signing bonus payable on Sunday.
if i could make 14 million dollars in a day.... i'd be a pretty happy dude.

Old
06-29-2012, 02:23 AM
rangers5000

parise is NOT signing with the devils, if he does i would be truly shocked

if he hasn't signed by now he won't, he wants money and a place to win

its between probably 5-6 teams, and whoever gives him the most money will probably get him

he probably is willing to take a little less to stay east, it will probably come down to penguins/wings/rangers

Closed Thread