HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Free Agency/off-season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
06-28-2012, 06:13 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
No, he was traded to Washington.
No way!

I'm just saying was it a trading of the rights thing or maybe it's next year where he'll be UFA? If so, my mistake.

Old
06-28-2012, 06:16 PM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
No way!

I'm just saying was it a trading of the rights thing or maybe it's next year where he'll be UFA? If so, my mistake.
He's not a UFA this year.

Old
06-28-2012, 06:17 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

I'm listening to some restraint in signing Parenteau from the french media, even Latendresse.

This is a miracle.

Old
06-28-2012, 06:33 PM
Protest the Hero

Can Salvador play the right side?

One of Sarich, Rozsival or Salvador would be a nice addition, for fair money.

I would take Semin for 2 years. Latendresse and Mueller would be great third line additions, with the ability to slot into the second line when healthy. Not high on Parenteau, isn't what we need imo.

Old
06-28-2012, 06:49 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

My issue with inserting Latendresse into these lineups is that everyone is saying "what? Not big deal! Low risk high reward! If he gets injured so what?" and yet they are slotting him in on the 1st or 2nd line...If we sign this guy, it will be as a 13th forward and IF he can show he's able to handle the physicality of the NHL without getting injured then MAYBE he can move up if there's a spot for him.

Signing him as a reclamation project and slotting him as a top 6 with no backup plan is stupid and short sighted. He hasn't played in 2 years. You'd think we'd have learnt something from Markov.

waffledave
Old
06-28-2012, 06:53 PM
Roke

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
My issue with inserting Latendresse into these lineups is that everyone is saying "what? Not big deal! Low risk high reward! If he gets injured so what?" and yet they are slotting him in on the 1st or 2nd line...If we sign this guy, it will be as a 13th forward and IF he can show he's able to handle the physicality of the NHL without getting injured then MAYBE he can move up if there's a spot for him.

Signing him as a reclamation project and slotting him as a top 6 with no backup plan is stupid and short sighted. He hasn't played in 2 years. You'd think we'd have learnt something from Markov.
3rd-line RW, if he picks up an injury you have an NHL-ready player in Leblanc (who just needs some offensive polish) in Hamilton. Latendresse doesn't fill any holes but he buys Leblanc some development time and has upside if he can stay healthy and find his offensive form.

Old
06-28-2012, 06:54 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:

Crosby in last 2 yrs played 63 games....Lats played 28

Pens play Crosby 4th line long?....Either your head is ready or it is not .

Some might argue 4th line is more dangerous ,you got the other teams bangers and goons to contend with.

Old
06-28-2012, 06:57 PM
Kriss E

Quote:

13th forward isn't really suited for him. He's not going to prove anything being a healthy scratch, and when you make him play, don't expect anything to happen if he's centered by White.

If Eller can center Latendresse and Gionta, then I think this would be an incredible third line. They would truly dominate weaker opposition.
This obviously is considering two other wingers are provided to complete our top 6. If not, I can see one of Leblanc/Palushaj earn that winger spot on the 3rd to play next to Eller-Lats.

Basically I see a good Eller-Lats duo. Lats always did well next to Koivu, I feel Eller has a similar style, very combative, will go battle in the corners, has nice stickhandling and creativity, good passing skills and good skater, so I think they'd work well together, especially versus weaker opponents.

Old
06-28-2012, 07:46 PM
giovannicanella

A sleeper pick up for a possible two way contract? is 6'4 former wild draftee Julien Sprunger. Too bad the redwings picked up Brunner...

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/julien_sprunger/

Old
06-28-2012, 08:37 PM
Aurel Joliat

We'll know friday if Moen stay with the Habs
http://tvasports.ca/tvasports/hockey...28-205612.html

I hope so !

Old
06-28-2012, 09:39 PM
Coach Brisebois*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC93 View Post
If, and this is a huge IF, Gomez is still here next season, hopefully people ignore the salary (because there's nothing going to change it) and give the guy a chance. This sport is so much about momentum and confidence. If he's healthy and free of the nagging groin injuries, I don't see why he can't be an effective feisty, two-way LW on a line with Eller and Gionta.

It's not ideal, but if there's no way to get rid of his contract - it's not like he's a cancer to the team (he seems very well liked), you make the best of it and hopefully that's where he would play. Gomez - Eller - Gionta. A two way checking line. Could be worse.
I'm totally with you on the position.. but i don't want to see him on the same line as Gionta ever again.

Gomez-Eller-Palushaj/Leblanc

Old
06-28-2012, 10:21 PM
Habruti!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Brisebois View Post
I'm totally with you on the position.. but i don't want to see him on the same line as Gionta ever again.

Gomez-Eller-Palushaj/Leblanc
To me Gomez must earn his spot in the lineup. If he does not then you send him to the minors. He may not be a cancer in the dressing room but will certainly be one for the coaches.

Old
06-28-2012, 10:55 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
I know there are a lot of Konopka fans here but I think Staubitz is a better fit in Montreal as a player and teammate.He's ready to back his team up at the drop of a puck or less when defending one of his teammates.Definitely a fan favorite and team favorite like Whitey.

Old
06-28-2012, 10:58 PM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
I know there are a lot of Konopka fans here but I think Staubitz is a better fit in Montreal as a player and teammate.He's ready to back his team up at the drop of a puck or less when defending one of his teammates.Definitely a fan favorite and team favorite like Whitey.
This.. But eventhough I HATE Konopka, I think hes a better overall player beause of his amazing face off %, penalty killing attributes and toughness. Not a heavy weight, but Team>Him

Old
06-29-2012, 12:59 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurel Joliat View Post
We'll know friday if Moen stay with the Habs
http://tvasports.ca/tvasports/hockey...28-205612.html

I hope so !
doesnt sound good.

Old
06-29-2012, 01:02 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Moen goin?

If Moen goes to Leafs ,sounds like he's gone ?

Quote:
A new enforcer will be in demand if Colton Orr remains off the main roster and UFA Jay Rosehill goes elsewhere. If the Leafs want to go a little cheaper, feisty former Islander P.A. Parenteau is available, as are two of coach Randy Carlyle’s former Anaheim pluggers, Travis Moen and George Parros.
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL.../19931991.html

Old
06-29-2012, 01:33 AM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

Moen will know today (Friday) weather or not he will stay with the Habs. It is being discussed in another topic if I'm not mistaken.
That article is supposing Moen will test the market just because he isn't signed. Not necessarily the case.

Old
06-29-2012, 01:35 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
Moen will know today (Friday) weather or not he will stay with the Habs. It is being discussed in another topic if I'm not mistaken.
This article already says he is going UFA....

Cat seems out of bag,more bad news.

I just want this season to end .

Travis Moen, you were a great Habs , something i could pin a little pride on in the dark days of Habs history.

Hate to see you gone, I really mean that, we needed more of you .

Best of luck .

Last edited by Habaneros: 06-29-2012 at 01:50 AM.
Old
06-29-2012, 01:36 AM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
This article already says he is going UFA....

Cat seems out of bag,more bad news.

I just want this season to end .
I can agree, but IMO, unless there is a quote coming from the agent or Moen himself, its not a done deal

Old
06-29-2012, 01:42 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
I can agree, but IMO, unless there is a quote coming from the agent or Moen himself, its not a done deal
Well the article was just put out hours ago, Sure sounds like Moen is a goner.

Old
06-29-2012, 02:03 AM
clownquestionbro*

i like moen but guys like him are NOT Hard to come by. At the NHL level there are a ton of guys that can bring what he does. I'd rather go after a guy like Steve Ott anyways. Our only issue is if Moen does in fact leave we have to replace him with another gritty player...if he don't only then will it be deemed as a failure.

Old
06-29-2012, 04:17 AM
Corncob

Quote:
Originally Posted by clownquestionbro View Post
i like moen but guys like him are NOT Hard to come by. At the NHL level there are a ton of guys that can bring what he does.
Wanna knock up a list of who these are that might be available?

Old
06-29-2012, 06:34 AM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtacular View Post
Nokelainen
Blunden
Darche
Yannick Weber

Old
06-29-2012, 06:41 AM
Lemons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
Nokelainen
Blunden
Darche
Yannick Weber
Is that a joke ? Moen brings more to the team than any of those guys. Starting with he can fight.

Old
06-29-2012, 07:08 AM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clownquestionbro View Post
i like moen but guys like him are NOT Hard to come by. At the NHL level there are a ton of guys that can bring what he does. I'd rather go after a guy like Steve Ott anyways. Our only issue is if Moen does in fact leave we have to replace him with another gritty player...if he don't only then will it be deemed as a failure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtacular View Post
That's an issue yes. I'd get this signing quickly, however I suppose one could say:

Knuble, Langenbrunner, Sturm, Holmstrom, Pandolfo, Mitchell.

Closed Thread