HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs Board 2012 Prospect Rankings #5

View Poll Results: Who is #5
Tim Bozon 0 0%
Mac Bennett 1 0.54%
Darren Dietz 0 0%
Mark MacMillan 0 0%
Alexander Avtsin 0 0%
Brendan Gallagher 69 37.30%
Sebastien Collberg 103 55.68%
Morgan Ellis 5 2.70%
Patrick Holland 0 0%
Black Geoffrion 1 0.54%
Michael Bournival 0 0%
Dalton Thrower 0 0%
Steve Quailer 0 0%
Aaron Palushaj 0 0%
Danny Kristo 6 3.24%
Voters: 185. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-29-2012, 07:47 AM
  #51
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!
 
Gabe84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,796
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Irrational hatred because he decided to go for his final year in the NCAA at North Dakota.
I'm personally more surprised that Collberg is getting that many votes over Gallagher, Ellis and Kristo. And I thought the vote would be a lot more spread around.

If I was making a list of my own, spot 4 to 9 would be really tough to figure out. Between the guys above and Leblanc, I'd have a really hard time figuring out the proper order.

Also, I doubt it's hatred (harsh term) here. Kristo was drafted in 2008, been in the system 4 years, and most people (myself included) have seen very little of him. If Collberg is getting votes because of the "new toy" effect, Kristo is suffering from the opposite: the shine is wearing off in his case.

It doesn't make him any less of a good prospect. It's just perceptions.

EDIT: Also, thank you WTK for running those. They're always an interesting and fun activity.

Gabe84 is offline  
Old
06-29-2012, 07:50 AM
  #52
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,311
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe84 View Post
I'm personally more surprised that Collberg is getting that many votes over Gallagher, Ellis and Kristo. And I thought the vote would be a lot more spread around.

If I was making a list of my own, spot 4 to 9 would be really tough to figure out. Between the guys above and Leblanc, I'd have a really hard time figuring out the proper order.

Also, I doubt it's hatred (harsh term) here. Kristo was drafted in 2008, been in the system 4 years, and most people (myself included) have seen very little of him. If Collberg is getting votes because of the "new toy" effect, Kristo is suffering from the opposite: the shine is wearing off in his case.

It doesn't make him any less of a good prospect. It's just perceptions.

EDIT: Also, thank you WTK for running those. They're always an interesting and fun activity.
No problem.

And it is more a blanket statement. There were a lot of outrage when Kristo said he'd go back. You're right its a little of going back to ND, it's a little of him being drafted in 08.

WeThreeKings is online now  
Old
06-29-2012, 07:54 AM
  #53
HabsSlappy
Registered User
 
HabsSlappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,130
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Irrational hatred because he decided to go for his final year in the NCAA at North Dakota.
Yes indeed, but also a good sign that a prospect like Kristo is going to be end up as our 8th to 10th ranked prospect. Our depth is definitely getting better.

HabsSlappy is offline  
Old
06-29-2012, 08:51 AM
  #54
Top Corner2
Registered User
 
Top Corner2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,654
vCash: 500
where is the list so far...can that get added to the top?

Top Corner2 is offline  
Old
06-29-2012, 08:51 AM
  #55
loadie
Official Beer Taster
 
loadie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: New Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,212
vCash: 500
Gallagher.

__________________

The French Canadian rule: Read about it, go to bed smarter.

http://ultimatehockeynetwork.com/the...-or-fiction-2/
loadie is online now  
Old
06-29-2012, 08:58 AM
  #56
Jeffrey
Registered User
 
Jeffrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,613
vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
I prefer Kristo over Gallagher , but that might just be me...

Add Vail

Jeffrey is offline  
Old
06-29-2012, 09:01 AM
  #57
Et le But
Registered User
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 18,401
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Irrational hatred because he decided to go for his final year in the NCAA at North Dakota.
I liked Gallagher more before Kristo long before that. Kristo is the safer of the two but give me the smarts and skating over physical attributes.

Also Kristo is closer to Collberg as a player, and all but the biggest Kristo fans will prefer the guy who was picked higher, who we have had less time to see their flaws.

Et le But is offline  
Old
06-29-2012, 09:15 AM
  #58
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,311
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I liked Gallagher more before Kristo long before that. Kristo is the safer of the two but give me the smarts and skating over physical attributes.

Also Kristo is closer to Collberg as a player, and all but the biggest Kristo fans will prefer the guy who was picked higher, who we have had less time to see their flaws.
All I know is the 3 winger prospects all have the potential to be good goal scorers for us, all of them have 25+g upside.

WeThreeKings is online now  
Old
06-29-2012, 09:42 AM
  #59
Et le But
Registered User
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 18,401
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
All I know is the 3 winger prospects all have the potential to be good goal scorers for us, all of them have 25+g upside.
I agree but Collberg appears the safest of the three. Part of that is just because we haven't had time to carefully dissect all his flaws, but he's know to have more hockey sense than Kristo and doesn't have Gallagher's physical limitations. And he might be more skilled than Kristo.

I still think Kristo is destined to be an inconsistent depth scorer in the NHL, but that still makes him a good pick.

Also, if we are talking upside, don't forget Bozon, who also has top 6 potential.

Et le But is offline  
Old
06-29-2012, 10:03 AM
  #60
Sam I Am
Registered User
 
Sam I Am's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,486
vCash: 500
Gallagher. Add Nash, then Dumont.

Sam I Am is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:06 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.