HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Banner Night to air on NBC Sports Network (+ A Super Bowl Sunday NBC game)

Old
06-28-2012, 11:37 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

vCash: 500
Banner Night to air on NBC Sports Network (+ A Super Bowl Sunday NBC game)

The Los Angeles Kings appear set to get some TV recognition for their Stanley Cup Championship. NBC Sports Network will air the banner-raising from Staples Center, as the Kings host the MSG renovation road warriors from New York on October 12th. It will be the first time VERSUS/NBCSN have produced their own coverage for a Kings regular season game in Los Angeles (i.e. no simulcasts) since 2007.

Later in the year, it appears the Kings will actually get a date on NBC, with the Kings playing an unnecessarily early 12:30 p.m. ET game on Super Bowl Sunday against the Capitals. NBC typically airs a hockey game on Super Bowl Sunday when they aren't airing the game themselves.

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2012/6/2...own-appear-set

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 11:43 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
The Los Angeles Kings appear set to get some TV recognition for their Stanley Cup Championship. NBC Sports Network will air the banner-raising from Staples Center, as the Kings host the MSG renovation road warriors from New York on October 12th. It will be the first time VERSUS/NBCSN have produced their own coverage for a Kings regular season game in Los Angeles (i.e. no simulcasts) since 2007.

Later in the year, it appears the Kings will actually get a date on NBC, with the Kings playing an unnecessarily early 12:30 p.m. ET game on Super Bowl Sunday against the Capitals. NBC typically airs a hockey game on Super Bowl Sunday when they aren't airing the game themselves.

I knew NBC was showing the opening night game and that really sucks because Fox Sports will be blacked out. Hopefully Fox Sports will replay the game and I can record it.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 11:47 PM
Mr Los Angeles

**** YEA. i go to school in college station, texas so ill actually be able to watch a game now on tv

Mr Los Angeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 11:49 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Los Angeles View Post
**** YEA. i go to school in college station, texas so ill actually be able to watch a game now on tv
You don't subscribe to Center Ice? Or gamecenter? I couldn't imagine not having center ice on DirecTV. It's awesome because they actually unblock the actual Fox Sports channels so that you can watch the pre or post game shows.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 11:49 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
I knew NBC was showing the opening night game and that really sucks because Fox Sports will be blacked out. Hopefully Fox Sports will replay the game and I can record it.
Yeah, but they can't pre-empt Bob Miller this time.

He most definitely will be the master of ceremonies for the lifting of the banner. And I would think that Doc Emrick will probably have him as a guest in the booth as well.

We should petition NBC for this act of good faith just in case they don't understand or appreciate the significance of this!

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 11:58 PM
Mr Los Angeles

Quote:
You don't subscribe to Center Ice? Or gamecenter? I couldn't imagine not having center ice on DirecTV.
being a student i cant really afford center ice (i cant split with people (like i do with mlb.tv and nba tv) since none of my friends are hockey fans) since i dont have DirecTV. ive had to watch the past season through really ****** live streaming links on the internet to actually watch the game live. so being able to actually catch a game on tv is something that is much appreciated

Old
06-29-2012, 12:16 AM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

I hope it's exclusive to NBC sports so I don't get blacked out and forced to watch MSG like last year.

Although the last time I watch the opening game on MSG. We won the cup!

Sacrifices must be made!

CTKingsFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 11:20 AM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

vCash: 460
Quote:
Are you going to change your name to "Mr College Station, Texas"?

I don't think we can allow a part time resident to hold the crown of Mr Los Angeles.

We are going to appoint Rorschach as the new "Mr Los Angeles" please give him your Mini Hollywood sign and your buy one get one free Phillipe's french dip card.

Flour Child is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 11:23 AM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

On a Friday? YES! Don't have to take time off work.

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 11:35 AM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

BTW.. good on NBCSN for televising the banner raising. It's nowhere near an ideal situation for them because the game starts so late for east coast viewers (I'm surprised the start time for the game wasn't at least moved up to 7PM. That may still happen.)

They have traditionally televised the banner ceremony in years past so I'm glad they're continuing to do so even if it'll be a ratings disappointment given the actual game won't even start until 11:00PM Eastern with the ceremony prior.

- T

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 12:09 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
You don't subscribe to Center Ice? Or gamecenter? I couldn't imagine not having center ice on DirecTV. It's awesome because they actually unblock the actual Fox Sports channels so that you can watch the pre or post game shows.
I love Center Ice. I can watch the Sabres at 4, the Kings at 7:30. It's like....7 hours of hockey most nights

Jason Lewis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 12:27 PM
KingsFan7824

Quote:
BTW.. good on NBCSN for televising the banner raising. It's nowhere near an ideal situation for them because the game starts so late for east coast viewers (I'm surprised the start time for the game wasn't at least moved up to 7PM. That may still happen.)

They have traditionally televised the banner ceremony in years past so I'm glad they're continuing to do so even if it'll be a ratings disappointment given the actual game won't even start until 11:00PM Eastern with the ceremony prior.

- T
I'm guessing that's why it's the Rangers as the opponent.

KingsFan7824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 12:37 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
Are you going to change your name to "Mr College Station, Texas"?

I don't think we can allow a part time resident to hold the crown of Mr Los Angeles.

We are going to appoint Rorschach as the new "Mr Los Angeles" please give him your Mini Hollywood sign and your buy one get one free Phillipe's french dip card.
You know College Station has no answer for the torta!

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 01:11 PM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Nicely played Sir!

Old
06-29-2012, 06:21 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:

I personally love the early starts, one thing I miss about the West Coast.

College Football starts every Saturday at 9. NFL starts at 10. Usually always an NHL game on at 10 each weekend day. It's awesome. Breakfast with the Kings for one date next year will be fun.

And hey, I'm happy they are visiting DC later in the year. Like after 1/20.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 07:36 PM
Vamos Rafa
ADT = GH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
I love Center Ice. I can watch the Sabres at 4, the Kings at 7:30. It's like....7 hours of hockey most nights
It must suck for our East Coast Kings fans. Waiting until 10:30 for most nights.

Vamos Rafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 07:38 PM
Mr Los Angeles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
please give him your Mini Hollywood sign and your buy one get one free Phillipe's french dip card.
you have no idea how badly i miss my double dip beef with swiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
oddly enough, in my full year in aggieland, or anywhere in texas, i have not been able to find a single place that sells tortas.

Old
06-29-2012, 08:30 PM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

Quote:

oddly enough, in my full year in aggieland, or anywhere in texas, i have not been able to find a single place that sells tortas.
Next time you can make it to Santa Ana, I will buy you a torta*

*certain restrictions apply