HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Unofficial Rumor & Proposal Thread Part X: Lead up to FA day

Closed Thread

Old
06-29-2012, 12:20 PM
Jepprey
Creeper

vCash: 500
I rather have Brandon Prust than any of those guys... He's a target I'd love for the Oilers to get. Sounds like he wants to stay out East though.

Old
06-29-2012, 12:25 PM
OilDrop37

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jepprey View Post
I rather have Brandon Prust than any of those guys... He's a target I'd love for the Oilers to get. Sounds like he wants to stay out East though.
Prust, Konopka, Tootoo, guys that can actually play are what we need, not knuckle draggers.

Would love Prust too.

Old
06-29-2012, 12:30 PM
Dorian2
The bag don't lie.

I hope Eager can turn his physical game around this year. Maybe Yakupov will light a fire under his butt like he's lit a fire under the fans butt's so far!

Old
06-29-2012, 12:40 PM
SeriousBusiness
T.Hall da man

I'll add my vote for Tootoo. I think he's a guy who would like to sign here, and no doubt he'd be a fan favorite, not unlike Raffi Torres when he was here.

Old
06-29-2012, 12:40 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratedge View Post
Mac > (Laraque*10)

Wanted Tootoo for a few years now too, though I've seen in interviews he loves where he is. But this team needs a lightning rod who takes the focus of the other team onto himself, out of Tootoo's mould.
Well there has been talk that he wasn't too thrilled with not playing much in the postseason, so that could be our cue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerTyler View Post
I don't want either of Big Mac or Laraque. I don't want Hordichuk either.

Enforcers like them are the biggest waste of a roster spot.
That is your opinion, personally I'd like to keep one of them on the club so that if another teams tough guy starts running around we have an answer for it. Big Mac is one of the few that is a good enough fighter to intimidate some of the fighters out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit View Post
I like Tootoo a lot, but with Eager in the fold, I can't see him getting a contract from us (how many 4th line aggitators does a team need). While I'd probably prefer Tootoo to Eager, I don't think its enough of an upgrade to make the change just for the heck of it. Tambellini would be much better served spending his efforts on other needs. I don't trust that he can simultaneously work towards signing Tootoo, working out a trade for Eager, and finding an NHL defensemen or two all at the same time. Nevermind the other roster holes and RFAs that need to be re-signed.
Tootoo is listed as a RW on hockey DB so he could play opposite of Eager or on the 3rd line with Horc and Smyth (assuming that we sign him). Or just play him on the 4th line. Tootoo had 30 points last year, that's some damn good 4th line production

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian2 View Post
I hope Eager can turn his physical game around this year. Maybe Yakupov will light a fire under his butt like he's lit a fire under the fans butt's so far!
Eager needs to be more consistent physically, if he can't bring that he needs to move along.

06-29-2012, 12:51 PM
Uncle Grouchy Smurf
GFY

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
Laraque: Oh hello there Mr. Sarich. Would you like to engage in good old fashioned fisticuffs?

Sarich: Why sure, Georges! I would love to.

Laraque: Good luck, kid. *throws his gloves down*

Sarich: *skates away to go find Taylor Hall*

*fail*

Old
06-29-2012, 12:58 PM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Grouchy Smurf View Post
*fail*
I forgot to mention how afraid Sarich will be of Georges. My bad.

Old
06-29-2012, 01:06 PM
SilverHaireDevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerTyler View Post
I don't want either of Big Mac or Laraque. I don't want Hordichuk either.

Enforcers like them are the biggest waste of a roster spot.
I was at the home opener two years ago when Big Mac turned Rattus Ivanans into a bucket of potato salad. (Rattus has not played an NHL game since)

I for one would not mind having him in the enforcer role.

Old
06-29-2012, 01:09 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverHaireDevil View Post
I was at the home opener two years ago when Big Mac turned Rattus Ivanans into a bucket of potato salad. (Rattus has not played an NHL game since)

Same here, we need protection for the kids, we need a pest that will drill the opposing teams stars (Tootoo) and a guy that can take care of business with his fists (Big Mac).

Old
06-29-2012, 01:12 PM
Oilfan2
Oil the way..

vCash: 1507
I remember the game against Calgary in 08 where Mac flattened Boyd and then took on and destroyed Prust in a tilt when Prust went after him..He just about got a standing ovation from the crowd when he was in the box..Lot's of fun.

Old
06-29-2012, 01:12 PM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Same here, we need protection for the kids, we need a pest that will drill the opposing teams stars (Tootoo) and a guy that can take care of business with his fists (Big Mac).
That is, of course, assuming anyone WANTS to fight Big Mac.

I seem to remember the Flames pushing us around for the remainder of the season despite the absence of their heavyweight.

Old
06-29-2012, 01:13 PM
CornKicker
Locked Out

since already have eager i really want tambo to find a matt greene, a banger on d that likes to toss the knucks. its too bad peckhams game sucks cause he has the perfect mentality for it

Old
06-29-2012, 01:15 PM
Oilfan2
Oil the way..

vCash: 1507
Quote:
Originally Posted by CornKicker View Post
since already have eager i really want tambo to find a matt greene, a banger on d that likes to toss the knucks. its too bad peckhams game sucks cause he has the perfect mentality for it
True...I was really hoping Peck's game was going to keep improving...sigh...

Old
06-29-2012, 01:18 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Always the Bards

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by CornKicker View Post
This is why I would like to see Peckham tried as a bottom-6 forward, he's got all the toughness, aggressiveness and defensive awareness to handle that spot.

Old
06-29-2012, 01:21 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 7000
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverHaireDevil View Post

He cant play at the nhl level and nobody will fight him, so what good is he?

If he runs around just grabbing guys then he will be suspended into 2016.

Old
06-29-2012, 01:22 PM
Philly85
Moody'

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Mark Spector Sports ‏@SportsnetSpec
News that Brodeur will test UFA market tells us NJD doesn't have $$ to sign Zach Parise either. Bryce Salvador may also look elsewhere
It's all going to fall apart for NJ. Amazing they made the finals. At least they got Larsson, Henrique, Zajac and Kovalchuk to keep around.

Old
06-29-2012, 01:22 PM
misfit

Funny how quickly people forget how completely and utterly ineffective MacIntyre was as an enforcer, and how little he actually did for the team. Yeah, he crushed Ivanans in the opener, but aside from ending the guy's career, what good did it do? It sure didn't strike any fear into the heart of Dorsett the night he ended Hall's season. Sutton didn't seem to have a problem almost killing Eberle that year either.

06-29-2012, 01:24 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Wait so why do people not want Tootoo...? Beggars can't be choosers. Face it Tootoo can play adequately and he is the psycho we need.

Old
06-29-2012, 01:24 PM
misfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly85 View Post
It's all going to fall apart for NJ. Amazing they made the finals. At least they got Larsson, Henrique, Zajac and Kovalchuk to keep around.
Not to mention the fact that losing Parise/Brodeur/Salvador could end up leaving them with a high pick in next year's dra...oh yeah.

Old
06-29-2012, 01:27 PM
Qrispy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
Wait so why do people not want Tootoo...? Beggars can't be choosers. Face it Tootoo can play adequately and he is the psycho we need.
Don't like his antics and he's not very tough.

Old
06-29-2012, 01:27 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
Because we already have Eager and we don't need two of those guys. Besides, I am wary about Tootoo after the Torres suspension. Tootoo, like Torres is known for jumping into the guys he's hitting, and if the NHL is going to come down hard on that, Tootoo may not end up playing much.

Old
06-29-2012, 01:29 PM
Philly85
Moody'

Quote:
Funny how quickly people forget how completely and utterly ineffective MacIntyre was as an enforcer, and how little he actually did for the team. Yeah, he crushed Ivanans in the opener, but aside from ending the guy's career, what good did it do? It sure didn't strike any fear into the heart of Dorsett the night he ended Hall's season. Sutton didn't seem to have a problem almost killing Eberle that year either.
Smac did absolutely nothing while he was here, except for his 2 memorable appearances in the BOA, both meaningless games. The guy is/was useless.

Old
06-29-2012, 01:30 PM
OilerTyler
Fire Lowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly85 View Post
Smac did absolutely nothing while he was here, except for his 2 memorable appearances in the BOA, both meaningless games. The guy is/was useless.
All goons are useless in today's NHL. What did Hordichuk do for us last year? Not a thing.

I'd rather use a roster spot on a player who can penalty kill or at least play 10 minutes a night.

Old
06-29-2012, 01:32 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Honest question, was he in the lineup for either of those games? My gut instinct would say no. The next question, did MacRenney give him a shift after those incidents IF he was even playing in those games?

Old
06-29-2012, 01:36 PM
misfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Honest question, was he in the lineup for either of those games? My gut instinct would say no. The next question, did MacRenney give him a shift after those incidents IF he was even playing in those games?
I don't know if he was or not, but the fact that neither Sutton or Dorsett would fight Mac even if he was, it's probably moot. What does fighting George Parros because his teammate almost murdered Eberle on the ice accomplish?

Closed Thread