HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

New Jersey Financial Trouble (Brodeur may not be a Devil next season)

Old
06-29-2012, 01:34 PM
DontgoZiggy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBernierFan View Post
Didn't he marry the sister-in-law after the divorce? I remember reading that somewhere. What a *******! I feel so sorry for his first wife. She got screwed by her husband AND her sister after letting her sister live with them to watch her kids (and probably paid her pretty good).
I think I read somewhere that it was his wifes, brothers' wife, if that makes sense.

DontgoZiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 01:44 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontgoZiggy View Post
I think I read somewhere that it was his wifes, brothers' wife, if that makes sense.
Correct, the sister-in-law was the wife of Brodeur's brother-in-law. One ******* deserves another.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 01:47 PM
Julius Caesar Milan
Lord of the Shih Tzu

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontgoZiggy View Post
Would she then be his sister in law in law?

Or is she an uncle at this point?

Julius Caesar Milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 01:50 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Mind you, that link I provided was from 2009. Eleven years of paying alimony worth up to $500,000 annually, which equates to a years worth of salary for Brodeur, and of course that is not including the $9m in assets that Brodeur's ex-wife also gained, which he may also be trying to recoup with his NHL earnings. And what a sleazeball he is to sleep with his sister-in-law. You get what you deserve.
I believe the $9 million in assets is what was accumulated during the marriage, so unless it's something Broduer wants to reattain (such as sports memorbelia or other items with emotional involvement) then he may not care a whole lot.

Broduer shouldn't be playing for money to pay off his ex-wife, I agree. He likely had enough from before she filed for divorce in just his half of the earning then, and he's had his biggest paydays in the nine years since then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBernierFan View Post
Didn't he marry the sister-in-law after the divorce? I remember reading that somewhere. What a *******! I feel so sorry for his first wife. She got screwed by her husband AND her sister after letting her sister live with them to watch her kids (and probably paid her pretty good).
I read it wasn't his wife's sister. Either it was his wife's, brothers' wife (as another poster mentioned) or it was his own brothers wife. Whoever he had the affair with wasn't a blood relative of his wife.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 02:20 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
I read it wasn't his wife's sister. Either it was his wife's, brothers' wife (as another poster mentioned) or it was his own brothers wife. Whoever he had the affair with wasn't a blood relative of his wife.
Okay, that's better I guess. At least it wasn't a blood relative of his wife's. For a second I loathed him. Not that it makes it okay, it just makes the ewww factor less. LOL

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 02:38 PM
DontgoZiggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
Would she then be his sister in law in law?

Or is she an uncle at this point?
Yes

Reminds me of a terrance and philip song

DontgoZiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 03:30 PM
Kings man 4 life

Quote:
Seems like Brodeur's got a mess of his own to tend to as well:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=3997788
Wow, that seems brutal, New Jersey court system screwing someone over again, $500,000 a year is beyond retarded.

Kings man 4 life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 04:00 PM
Nefarious
Brad Doty

His sister in law must be hawt!!!! That's one expensive piece of @ss.

Nefarious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 04:23 PM
Mr Irreverent
Thiago who???

http://www.playerwives.com/nhl/new-j...nevieve-nault/

Mr Irreverent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 04:44 PM
outofrange

This is the first time that I feel that Parise might not re-sign with the Devils. Their ownership uncertainty and money issues don't look good, but I also look at this move by Brodeur as a precautionary one. Does he think that Parise might not re-sign so he's testing the market too?

Say what you want about DL and co, but the guys know how to lock down their important players the first chance they get. Doughty and his camp playing them is the only time they encountered a roadblock but the eight years instead of the five years (DD's agent was shooting for) is def. worth it.

outofrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 05:46 PM
niomosy

Quote:
Mind you, that link I provided was from 2009. Eleven years of paying alimony worth up to $500,000 annually, which equates to a years worth of salary for Brodeur, and of course that is not including the $9m in assets that Brodeur's ex-wife also gained, which he may also be trying to recoup with his NHL earnings. And what a sleazeball he is to sleep with his sister-in-law. You get what you deserve.
It's not just his sister-in-law. It's his sister-in-law living with them to help her sister out with the kids.

That's got to be a double sting for the wife.

niomosy is offline   Reply With Quote