HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Official NHL Free Agency Thread (Legit Sources ONLY)

Closed Thread

Old
06-29-2012, 03:00 PM
Cupmonger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
I still haven't seen you suggest any names for who you think Montreal can expect to get back for trading Price either.
He does mention that we could (potentially) get a player like Toews. If he's offered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
No i don't worry about another goalie ,you got Brodeur for 2 years.
There is help in 2013 if you need it ....example Nabakov can hold the fort .

Anyway 6.50-7 million dollar Price , what happens if he stumbles in next 2 yrs with that contract? There's risk everywhere.

All i say is this team is better trading Price.....if there was no goalies avail like Brodeur or Miller or etc etc , i would NEVER propose this idea.

Price's value NHL wide is sky high to a lot of teams , that is a fact with or with out a contract.
If it means Montreal getting back a Toews like player ,and a boat load, i pull the trigger ,because one i feel Brodeur can put up 2 years of service, and even in 2013 there are names than are starters in NHL, like Smith or Nabakov, Backstrom etc...
But that's the thing, no team would trade such a valuable player, no matter the goalie. Even if it's not Toews, say Sharp... That's a big if.

He also says that since Nash gets a big return that Price will get some big return as well. But they both play different positions.

There isn't a single goalie that has ever brought such a caliber player that he mentions.

If somehow, a team does mention trading such a player for Price. Then I'd consider. But no GM in their right mind would offer such a thing, history shows...

Old
06-29-2012, 03:01 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
What the hell are you talking about even?
Mark Streit .

I can't help you no more ,please .

Old
06-29-2012, 03:03 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupmonger View Post
He does mention that we could (potentially) get a player like Toews. If he's offered.

But that's the thing, no team would trade such a valuable player, no matter the goalie. Even if it's not Toews, say Sharp... That's a big if.

He also says that since Nash gets a big return that Price will get some big return as well. But they both play different positions.

There isn't a single goalie that has ever brought such a caliber player that he mentions.

If somehow, a team does mention trading such a player for Price. Then I'd consider. But no GM in their right mind would offer such a thing, history shows...

Garth Snow wanted to give all his picks in the draft ,for 2nd over all.
I say you don't know, until you see what other teams offer.

It's a hockey decesion, like Pittsburgh and Carolina .....they both loved the players they traded.
At the end of the day it was a hockey decision ,not love.

Old
06-29-2012, 03:05 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

There's a rumour going around that Prust wants to be a Habs because his girlfriend lives in Montreal....

We shall see, but he'd look great on the 4th line!

Old
06-29-2012, 03:06 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Mark Streit .

I can't help you no more ,please .
Oh gods be good I love every post you do.

Old
06-29-2012, 03:10 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
Oh gods be good I love every post you do.
I was point out went Loungo got his 12 yr break the bank deal in Vancouver, all down hill.

Fans turned on him when he struggled.

Montreal is worst,and I don't think the next 7 years of Price's deal will be without struggles in net.In Montreal it crashes down when player take big contracts, and don't preform .As i said from the start i love Price, i don't trust the fans ,like the one booing him during exhibition games...Those fans aren't gone , There still there at 7 million a year now with sharper knives this time ,and the media noose there there too.

Old
Cupmonger

Quote:
Garth Snow wanted to give all his picks in the draft ,for 2nd over all.
I say you don't know, until you see what other teams offer.
I can agree with this line. But literally no GM, ever, has offered such a player that you want for any goalie. Never.

Also Garth Snow's proposition wasn't for a goalie. Just like your comparison with what Nash can bring if he's traded. You're comparing apples and oranges.

The trading value of a goalie isn't even close to what a first line O or D can bring. That's just how it is in the league, goalies aren't worth much except in contract signings.

I agree with the mentality that if, say Chicago offers Toews or Kane for Price. Or some other GM offers something similar, I would be very interested.

But no GM ever has, nor ever will do such a thing. And it won't happen for Price.

Old
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

Quote:
Broduer would give Montreal a chance to go for cup this year,because the return we got for Price would put a TEAM in front of Brodeur.

You can say Nabakov "choky", but the guy still got 40 playoff wins ,and a playoff GGA of under 2.30 in 80 GAMES.

40 wins 38 loss
2.29 gga .913 sv

the guy has playoffs of 17, 15 13 12 games ... ..I love to have had that in Montreal last 10 years,sure beat no playoffs.
lets trade price for a 40 yr old goalie and make him play in front of a **** defence. see what happens. price is an elite goalie I don't care how many playoff wins he has the fact is that he has the highest ceiling in the league for a goalie at his age. The man earned his 6 mil contract. And stop saying its been 20 yrs since we won a cup its 19.

Old
06-29-2012, 03:12 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac1160 View Post
lets trade price for a 40 yr old goalie and make him play in front of a **** defence. see what happens. price is an elite goalie I don't care how many playoff wins he has the fact is that he has the highest ceiling in the league for a goalie at his age. The man earned his 6 mil contract. And stop saying its been 20 yrs since we won a cup its 19.
Its Price's fault he doesnt have a 15 year old career by now.

Bust.

Old
06-29-2012, 03:14 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Its Price's fault he doesnt have a 15 year old career by now.

Bust.
Been around 6 years now.,no roookie.
I tell you this and you know it , the day they announce 6.5 million or 7, the fans just seen expectation go to a level 2 times higher....So you know what i speak .This is Montreal where yes look at Noky thread,want to see Price on a ten game skid at 7 million? Hey no problem down in Tampa,that is why Vinny wants to stay there ,and Loungo prefers now to go to Florida .

Last edited by Habaneros: 06-29-2012 at 03:21 PM.
Old
06-29-2012, 03:26 PM
Cupmonger

Quote:
Been around 6 years now.,no roookie.
I tell you this and you know it , the day they announce 6.5 million or 7, the fans just seen expectation go to a level 2 times higher....So you know what i speak .This is Montreal where yes look at Noky thread,want to see Price on a ten game skid at 7 million? Hey no problem down in Tampa,that is why Vinny wants to stay there ,and Loungo prefers now to go to Florida .
That's the same reason why most players would sign or stay here in the first place. These players would only consider us if we pay more, because of the pressure. There's no avoiding it until we get a team that plays excellent hockey season after season, when an off year is a bit more acceptable then it is now, if it's even possible in Montreal.

Besides, that can happen with anyone.

Old
06-29-2012, 03:31 PM
Go Habs Go

If Price was french it would be blasphemy to even suggest a trade.

Old
06-29-2012, 03:33 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupmonger View Post
That's the same reason why most players would sign or stay here in the first place. These players would only consider us if we pay more, because of the pressure. There's no avoiding it until we get a team that plays excellent hockey season after season, when an off year is a bit more acceptable then it is now, if it's even possible in Montreal.

Besides, that can happen with anyone.
This team isn't built for a 7 million dollar goalie..... That is the problem.
The problem is the fan don't care about that,they only see the 7 million dollar player, and if the Habs slide , Price is target number 1.

No one booed Rivet at 1 .5 million...No one bood Breezer at 1.5 million .....You get my point .They took much bigger salary 3.5 million Rivet 4.5 million Breezer and it was Daggers to the back from fans,right out of town ...Same with Theodore when he took 5 million.

So just remember all this .

Have you ever seen Habs fan booing a guy out of town ,making 1 million or less?

Old
06-29-2012, 03:37 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Oh snap, here we go.

Old
06-29-2012, 03:39 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverAlone View Post
Oh snap, here we go.
I leave it at this,

leaving a 7 million dollar goalie in MONTREAL with a sub par team in front of him , is like what Gauthier did last year to the team.LEFT IT EXPOSED.

PRICE at 6.5-7 mill, bullseye on the back, and IMHO is left exposed in this market if your not icing a cup contending team.
There will be no mercy , fans wont realize or even care this team isn't a contender...The scrutiny will go to the guy making the bigger dollars.

Old
06-29-2012, 03:41 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Habs Go View Post
If Price was french it would be blasphemy to even suggest a trade.
Insert Michael Jackson popcorn gif here..

Old
06-29-2012, 03:50 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Even from the biggest Halak that was here, all this talk of moving Price (especially for Brodeur) is insane. Absolutely insane. Price is an incredible goalie and no way do we let him go for peanuts.

The only way you trade Price is if it's one of those fantasy trades where Bob Gainey is GM and offers you a trade you can't refuse (ala Vancouver offered Schneider, Burrows, Kassian, and Tanev for Price, Gomez, and Nokelainen). The chances of that happening are about 1 in 500 billion.

Old
06-29-2012, 03:56 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Remove the stick from your ass and just realize from a damn second that I simply pointed out your mistake.

The mathematics are still true if you win more serie than if you lose, without reaching the Stanley cup. Or if you lose by a thiner margin than the wins.

You can therefore have a strong playoff record even if you never won the cup.
Do you need a hug?

Sure, in your perfect world, it can happen. But practically speaking, it is extremely rare.

Old
06-29-2012, 03:59 PM
MXD

A 4th C (think Konopka....)
A 2nd W (Think Jagr)
Another W (Think Latendresse)
A tough W (Think Prust)
A defensive-minded D, preferably big (Think Bryan Allen)

Old
06-29-2012, 04:05 PM
Cupmonger

Quote:
I leave it at this,

leaving a 7 million dollar goalie in MONTREAL with a sub par team in front of him , is like what Gauthier did last year to the team.LEFT IT EXPOSED.

PRICE at 6.5-7 mill, bullseye on the back, and IMHO is left exposed in this market if your not icing a cup contending team.
There will be no mercy , fans wont realize or even care this team isn't a contender...The scrutiny will go to the guy making the bigger dollars.
You may not hear the booing. But fans still want players like Weber, Diaz and Darch out of here...

So your point is, you're afraid that a player will get boo'ed for one season of playing ****?

Remember what happened to Plekanec? I'll grant you he wasn't making as much as he did today (if memory serves me well). HELL, we haven't even heard that much about Gomez yet. The hole league things his contract is **** and that his performances match that. Yet, for a fanbase that unanimously want him out of town, we're pretty awfully quiet about it.

So for a legit goaltender in Price to be making 7 mil, which I doubt he'll get, is not a big deal. Besides, nothing guarantees us that Brodeur will put up same numbers as he did in NJ. Yes, he's proven to be excellent. But this hole time you keep saying "what if?". And the same can be asked for Brodeur...

Fans will be fans. They'll always look at players and only care about the point totals and not what else they bring. Or in a goalie's case, they only see save% and GAA, and not why it all happened.

We could have thought the same for Cole before signing him. Turned out great.

Old
06-29-2012, 04:24 PM
29dryden29

vCash: 50
Quote:
I said top flight forwards....you look over rosters who'd be interested in a goalie....The names are there.
Might be easier to look at top 1 to 15 to 30 in NHL scoring race for starters.

Price don't go unless the "PRICE IS RIGHT"....Which i truly believe it would be .
They don't seem to remember I mentioned Stasny a page or so ago so don't worry about it they just go on and on to try and feel better about what they post.

Old
06-29-2012, 04:26 PM
EveryDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
There's a rumour going around that Prust wants to be a Habs because his girlfriend lives in Montreal....

We shall see, but he'd look great on the 4th line!

Link?

Old
06-29-2012, 04:29 PM
habitue*

My hopes:

Prust
PA Parenteau
Latendresse

Salvador OR Allen OR Brookbank

new lines:

MaxPac - DD - Cole

Latendresse - Plekky - Parenteau

Bourque - Eller - Gionta

Moen - Noke - Prust

White

Markov - Gorges
Salvador OR Allen - Subban-
Emelin - Diaz

(Kaberle - Weber)

Old
06-29-2012, 04:32 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaco88 View Post
Link?
It's a twitter rumour, Incarcerated Bob among others have noted it.

right now we are looking at:

2012 HABS

Pacioretty-Plekanec-???????
Bourque-Desharnais-Cole
Moen-Eller-Gionta
Staubitz/Prust-Nokelainen-White

Markov-Subban
Kaberle-Gorges
Emelin-Diaz

Price
Budaj

Old