HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers Worst Nightmare

Old
06-29-2012, 03:20 PM
bennysflyers16

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
While he isn't Staal, getting Sutter for the 3C takes a good deal of the sting off, plus Dumoulin (adding to the defense prospects to whom you alluded) is a stellar pick-up.
Sutter is a 3rd line center, Staal was the best 3rd line center by a huge margin, Pens took a huge step back with that move for this year. With the cap hits of Sid , Makin , Suter and Parise , let them have them all. The supporting players will be lesser and they are 2 injuries away from being ****ed. No way Pens sign them both, doesn't make sense for them, just like it wouldn't make sense for us. Will decimate any quality secondary players.

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 03:33 PM
healthyscratch

vCash: 500
Does Parise play defense too?

I'm going on record that they will not sign either one.

Parise lands in LA or Minnesota.

healthyscratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 03:34 PM
El Emperor

I really don't understand why everyone thinks Parise and Suter will help them. Unless both take undermarket deals, I cannot see how this team is scary longterm. Letang will command a large salary when he is a UFA. Not to mention Malkin will get something similar, if not more than Crosby. I know the cap is going up, but it just seems they cannot sign these guys and keep their current guys long term.

El Emperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 04:01 PM
Brozgalov

Not to mention Crosby is about 1 hit to the head away from making 100 million for nothing.

Brozgalov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 04:52 PM
SgtJoseph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgkibbles View Post
Meh, still think the Flyers would matchup up with the Pens better than most.
I agree with this 100%.......I think the Flyers are just fine,and we have some youngsters who will continue to get better as their 2nd season in the league goes along etc......Pitts has a fine hockey club, but CHEMISTRY can be a tough thing to buy, and you just never really know how certain things will work out.....If Fluery plays better than he played last post season it will be a great battle certainly, but i think the Flyers can hold their own......Suter or weber etc would be nice in Philly, but if it don't happen i am not gonna throw in the towel to Pitts or any other club for that matter.....

SgtJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 04:59 PM
achdumeingute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
Sutter is a 3rd line center, Staal was the best 3rd line center by a huge margin, Pens took a huge step back with that move for this year. With the cap hits of Sid , Makin , Suter and Parise , let them have them all. The supporting players will be lesser and they are 2 injuries away from being ****ed. No way Pens sign them both, doesn't make sense for them, just like it wouldn't make sense for us. Will decimate any quality secondary players.
Staal was arguably the best 2nd line center In the league....playing third line....the guy is that good.

achdumeingute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 05:36 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5792
Quote:
Originally Posted by YuioIklo View Post
There are 30 teams in the league, I'd very surprised to see the Pens getting both of them.

And as someone has stated, they got rid of Staal, which was arguably the best player against the Flyers this year. Our young guys will be better next year, Voracek, Schenn, Couturier, Simmonds, Read, Wellwood... even maybe Giroux, I don't think he has peaked yet. What we already have should be the Pens nightmare.
Meh, I don't think anyone thought one team would get Drury and Gomez in 2007.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 05:49 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
My point is that Sutter isn't just any old plug being stuck in the 3C position, and he has much room for improvement as he matures.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 06:16 PM
flyersfan187

Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
All the Flyers need to do is get a good gritty 4th line center to win faceoffs and play good d, and do a trade for a top D like Bouwmester. Re sign Voracek and Jagr.

flyersfan187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 06:20 PM
RespectTheCouts
He Eats Souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zone View Post
Then you've never seen him play. Suter is a legitimate top pairing defenseman.
I have watched him play ok maybe my statement was under playing his skill level, but I'd rather have Weber because I know what the Flyers are getting, with Suter I feel if he gets a ton of money he isn't going to live up to that especially if the Flyers land him, BUT I could be completely wrong and judged him poorly, I just feel l ike that's what would happen if the Flyer's did land him

RespectTheCouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 06:26 PM
Garbage Goal

Letang, Crosby, Suter, Malkin, Neal, Parise, Fleury. It simply boggles my mind that they can fit all those players under the cap and field an entire roster.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 08:47 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Per Eklund for what it's worth....I will really really be mad if Doan goes to Pitt....

Quote:
On Shane Doan...

No shortage of teams interested in Doan. The Flyers have come into the fray today, but favorites remain Pittsburgh and LA.

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 01:42 AM
Giroux 4 MVP
Girøux #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfanatic View Post
It sounds like SUnday could be the worst possible day for us Flyers fans....

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/i...nightmare.html

For those not reading article, it states that BOTH Parise and Suter are signing in Pittsburgh and Martin traded away to make room.
Pretty sure pArise came out and said he wouldn't sign with a rival club...

Giroux 4 MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 08:18 AM
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
The Philadelphia Flyers need to worry about what the Philadelphia Flyers do, not the Pittsburgh Penguins or the New York Rangers or anyone else. If Holmgren's M.O. is to make a move because the Pens or Rags made a move, he's making a terrible mistake. Just worry about the task at hand and not worry about the moves other teams are making.
This is my thinking. However, I think Holmgren will not be able to sit still.

Pantokrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 09:23 AM
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?

I really think the Flyers should concentrate on their own youth and not worry about the rest of the league for now. I put the Flyers in the second tier of teams in line for the Cup. Surely they can win the Cup, but I don't put them as favorites. Therefore, I think they should stay the course, building with youth and maintain cap flexibility to get someone at the trade deadline is need be once they can assess the rest of the league and their chances.

One guy I wouldn't mind trying to get Niklas Hjalmarsson from the Blackhawks. I heard the other day that the Hawks were looking to clear space and that he might be one who could be traded.

Pantokrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 10:17 AM
daynus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantokrator View Post
I really think the Flyers should concentrate on their own youth and not worry about the rest of the league for now. I put the Flyers in the second tier of teams in line for the Cup. Surely they can win the Cup, but I don't put them as favorites. Therefore, I think they should stay the course, building with youth and maintain cap flexibility to get someone at the trade deadline is need be once they can assess the rest of the league and their chances.

One guy I wouldn't mind trying to get Niklas Hjalmarsson from the Blackhawks. I heard the other day that the Hawks were looking to clear space and that he might be one who could be traded.
this post makes a ton of sense. i totally agree with it. well thought out buddy. some peeps simply worry too much. pitts this pitts doing that. well how is the dream team working out for the eagles. i can see the eagles bouncing back big time. why, because they got back to what they are good at. they had a very good draft. i was taught at a young age, worry about yourself, get your own house in order before you start worrying about what your neighbors are up to. who cares if they are buying new cars,trucks,harleys,skidoos. that has no affect on you. you dont have their debt, and have to pay for their toys.

daynus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 10:25 AM
s3x

Looks like Schultz/Nash to NYR and Suter/Parise to PIT may happen.

s3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 10:50 AM
s3x

Armstrong being bought out by TOR.

s3x is offline   Reply With Quote