HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Where in the NHL is Jonathan Bernier (gonna land)?

Old
06-29-2012, 10:26 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Bernier to NJ still makes a lot of sense. NJ just can't really afford a #1 pick since they have to get rid of 1 in the next 2 years for the 1st Kovalchuk contract. I just don't know anything about NJs prospect depth and if they have young wingers that they can afford to trade. If they lock up Parise long term, they may be willing to let a young promising winger go in a trade.

Brodeur will probably sign a 1 year deal and split a lot of the regular season with his backup. Great chance for Bernier to get some starts and learn from one of the best goalies in NHL history.
I thought they had to forfeit the pick this year but I was wrong... Jersey makes alot of sense but is NJ going to trade their 1st rounder this year with the draft in NJ only to have to forfeit the pick in 14? I'm not sure the Devils have many other assets I'd want for Bernier other than picks...

What about a team like Calgary? Is Leland Irving the long term answer there after Kipper is gone?

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 10:52 AM
Kingler

I like NJ as trading partner. If we can get their 1st in 2013 in a package, would be a steal IMO

The pick is worth like a late pick because of where NJ made it this season and "expectation" might be high for next. But Brodeur and Parise are heading into UFA and if they both end up leaving then its going to be a paper thin team with Kovalchuk, who tend to go into a shell when things are going bad. Could end up being a high pick

Kingler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 11:02 AM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCARFACE909 View Post
And Bernier has had zero playoff games played. I'm not trying to say you're wrong, but I just think you're putting too much into Bernier without giving Holtby any credit, they have Neuvirth and Holtby, why would they need Bernier when he has just as much or less proven as them? Just seems redundant for Washington to invest in Bernier, I think NJ would be a better option for Jonathan.

Again, not saying you're wrong, just that I don't see a reason for Washington to get Bernier.
There are definitely teams out there that have a greater need for Bernier than Washington. That is true.

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 11:42 AM
vbaron

I see him going to Toronto for a 2nd and a decent prospect

vbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 12:07 PM
SCARFACE909

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbaron View Post
I see him going to Toronto for a 2nd and a decent prospect
If they could get Nikolai Kulemin, that'd be a nice return, he had an off year last year (lost a good friend in the Lokomotiv crash) but he's scored 30g before and still young (25) and plays a two-way game.

SCARFACE909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 01:36 PM
goleafsgo88

I can see the Leafs being interested. However, we've got two goalies age 25 and younger; if GM Burke truly believes Bernier is ready to handle the #1 goalie duties right away, then I'm sure he's speaking to Lombardi already

Kings are in a win-now mode so I'm guessing you'd be looking for a roster player and a 2nd round pick (or B-level prospect)?

BTW - congrats on the Cup win. Well deserved. Am a huge fan of Mike Richards (saw him play in Kitchener when I was in university) and virtually the rest of your team

goleafsgo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 01:54 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCARFACE909 View Post
If they could get Nikolai Kulemin, that'd be a nice return, he had an off year last year (lost a good friend in the Lokomotiv crash) but he's scored 30g before and still young (25) and plays a two-way game.
I'd like Kumelin but I think he would be a no-go from Toronto's perspective. He's very much the type of player that Burke is trying to build around and I think he'd be considered part of their "core" of Kessel, JVR, Franson, Gardiner, and Reimer that they would want to build around.

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 03:37 PM
bral
Go Kings!

According to Dreger(idiot) the Kings wanted Matt Frattin and Luke Schenn as a possible return for Dustin Brown. I could see DL asking for a 1st and Frattin from Burke as a starting point for Bernier.

bral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 03:51 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bral View Post
According to Dreger(idiot) the Kings wanted Matt Frattin and Luke Schenn as a possible return for Dustin Brown. I could see DL asking for a 1st and Frattin from Burke as a starting point for Bernier.
Why would LA want Schenn? He's a solid kid, no doubt, but that's nowhere near our area of need, especially since we were in the process of locking up Willie long-term.

Frattin makes sense though, so Frattin and a 1st for Bernier would make sense, and it would keep Bernier out of the west. Whether Burke wants to risk his future on Bernier is another matter.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 04:20 PM
The Big Giant Head

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bral View Post
If Dreger did say that, i'd like to know where he got that info from because it has to be one of the most ridiculous things ive ever heard. The value MIGHT be there but in no way would that trade have suited our needs at that time.

The Big Giant Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 06:23 PM
SCARFACE909

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Why would LA want Schenn? He's a solid kid, no doubt, but that's nowhere near our area of need, especially since we were in the process of locking up Willie long-term.

Frattin makes sense though, so Frattin and a 1st for Bernier would make sense, and it would keep Bernier out of the west. Whether Burke wants to risk his future on Bernier is another matter.
Frattin would be a nice return if a deal were to be made.

SCARFACE909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 01:38 AM
hangons

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
The one team that should be interested is the Edmonton Oilers. Package Bernier and of our dmen (Martinez, Hickey, Muzzin?) for someone like Gagner or Pajaarvi
You are on Fantasy Island. Martinez is excellent and now has Stanley Cup playoff experience. No way I put him in the trade.

hangons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 01:39 AM
hangons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingler View Post
I like NJ as trading partner. If we can get their 1st in 2013 in a package, would be a steal IMO

The pick is worth like a late pick because of where NJ made it this season and "expectation" might be high for next. But Brodeur and Parise are heading into UFA and if they both end up leaving then its going to be a paper thin team with Kovalchuk, who tend to go into a shell when things are going bad. Could end up being a high pick
Seeing the draft is being held in their building... I don't see them trading their first round pick in 2013.

hangons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 03:24 AM
bral
Go Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Giant Head View Post
If Dreger did say that, i'd like to know where he got that info from because it has to be one of the most ridiculous things ive ever heard. The value MIGHT be there but in no way would that trade have suited our needs at that time.

It was "speculated" by Dreger on NHL Tonight. And remember this was before the trade deadline, so it was a very different feel to our entire team at that time. I personally thought both were very possible. Frattin is a tough hard working winger and Schenn will be a tough shutdown D for a long time. Yes we have Mitchell and Greene but don't think for a second DL wouldn't love to aquire a young player like Luke Schenn if the price was right.

P.S. I believe Dreger said, " Dean Lombardi MAY be seeking Matt Frattin and L. Schenn for Brown, and that might be too high a price for Burke."

Last edited by bral: 06-30-2012 at 04:30 AM.
bral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 01:24 PM
saintsnsoldiers
The Nolanator

What about CBJ.... Bernier, Forberg/Martinez, Loki for Nash. They get a good group of young players to build around and Nash gets a chance to win it all. My thinking is when Parise goes to Pittsburg the only way we compete with that is if we land someone like Nash. Quicks contract should allow for Nash's to fit. We have a great core team moving forward for 5-7 years.

Nash Richards Carter
Brown Kopi Williams

Would there be a better top 2 in the league.

saintsnsoldiers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 02:07 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsnsoldiers View Post
What about CBJ.... Bernier, Forberg/Martinez, Loki for Nash. They get a good group of young players to build around and Nash gets a chance to win it all. My thinking is when Parise goes to Pittsburg the only way we compete with that is if we land someone like Nash. Quicks contract should allow for Nash's to fit. We have a great core team moving forward for 5-7 years.

Nash Richards Carter
Brown Kopi Williams

Would there be a better top 2 in the league.

Columbus would hang up the phone. They want 2 top 6 forwards in return for Nash and no way would they do it without at least 1 top 6 forward to replace Nash. Brown would have to go the other way in a deal for Nash.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 02:33 PM
saintsnsoldiers
The Nolanator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post

Columbus would hang up the phone. They want 2 top 6 forwards in return for Nash and no way would they do it without at least 1 top 6 forward to replace Nash. Brown would have to go the other way in a deal for Nash.

What they want and what they get are 2 seperate things. I dont think so, I think Howsen is in a tough spot. Nash wants to go to a team that will be competing for the cup which means you wont get a top forward coming back because the teams in full compete mode. CBJ is in a rebuild mode you get good young players to build with starting on the back end. Bernier, Forsberg plus is a good starting point. Dont think the CBJ gm gets what he would like for Nash....just saying

EDIT..... Bag CBJ they got BOB forgot about that. DURP DE DURP

Last edited by saintsnsoldiers: 06-30-2012 at 02:42 PM.
saintsnsoldiers is offline   Reply With Quote