HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Are the Ottawa Senators doing enough to maintain fan retention?

Closed Thread

Old
06-29-2012, 03:40 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotM View Post
Sorry, it isn't a weak argument. 1967 is considered the start of the modern era, so the Leafs cup win definitely falls under the timeline. Just because most of the posters on this board weren't alive for it, doesn't mean it's not relevant to my point.
1967 was only 45 yrs ago, I would guess that there are more people in Canada over 45 yrs old than under, which may mean there are quite a few people alive that last saw the Leafs win a cup.

Old
06-29-2012, 03:48 PM
Goat Boy
Superboy is baaacck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
1967 was only 45 yrs ago, I would guess that there are more people in Canada over 45 yrs old than under, which may mean there are quite a few people alive that last saw the Leafs win a cup.
In Monaco, yes, but not in Canada. Link

Old
06-29-2012, 04:05 PM
kochese

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotM View Post
How are you a bigger fan than this so called schmuck who maybe can only afford one ticket a year? That comment just smacks of undue entitlement.

When I first moved to Ottawa in 2004, I only went to one game against the Hurricanes because I had just started a new job and it was all I could afford. The following year I went to 3. The year after that, 4 including a Stanley Cup playoff game where they eliminated the defending Stanley Cup champion Tampa Bay Lightning. I've been a fan of this team for almost 10 years now and would wager that I'm just as big of a fan of the Sens as you are, regardless of the fact that only one of us is a season ticket holder.

Whatís wrong with once a year having an autograph or picture session at a central location or if space is a constraint, Scotiabank Place and allowing fans to meet and talk to their favourite players? Isnít it the point that the community support these players and get to see them up close and on a reasonably personal level. This at a distance approach sadly coincides with Bettman Americanizing the game and at a viewpoint that the fan experience is less important than making money.
Did you just say undue entitlement? Actually these people pay for perks that are normally advertised as being part of getting season tickets. Therefore this is due entitlement. Asking for something for nothing is undue entitlement this is what you are doing. The sens do plenty of fan activities, autograph sessions, if you do your research it is not hard to meet them. (and no I don't have season tickets).

Old
06-29-2012, 04:37 PM
sens2k9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kochese View Post
Did you just say undue entitlement? Actually these people pay for perks that are normally advertised as being part of getting season tickets. Therefore this is due entitlement. Asking for something for nothing is undue entitlement this is what you are doing. The sens do plenty of fan activities, autograph sessions, if you do your research it is not hard to meet them. (and no I don't have season tickets).
Obviously the OP is just cranky because he didn't get a fair shake at this one event.

If he instead kept his eyes peeled and was a true fan like he proclaims to be, he'd probably have noticed that the senators twitter feed is quite active. They tend to announce days in advance when and where players will be signing autographs for EVERYBODY.

This is all just a big case of

Old
06-29-2012, 04:47 PM
CanadianHockey
On the Alfie Wagon

vCash: 2391
Another thread devolved into 'I'm a better fan than you are'!

Last edited by CanadianHockey: 06-29-2012 at 04:56 PM.
Closed Thread