HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Things Justin Schultz Part III: Lebron Schultz: The Decision - Part Deux

Closed Thread

Old
06-29-2012, 06:14 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Get over yourself. We wouldnt have erixon. And if schultz comes here and puts up leetch-like numbers your mouth will be shut
What the hell is your problem? Way to have an unnecessary attitude.

What Erixon did wasn't cool either, but he at least got his team a return.

I would be happy if he signed with us, but I can't wait to see everybody who has been acting like he's the messiah completely forget about him when he doesn't.

Leetch like numbers? Please.

Old
06-29-2012, 06:15 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
Whether you agree with what he did or not, the provision was there and he took advantage of it. He did nothing wrong and did everything within the rules. If you have an issue with the provision put the blame on the NHLPA and NHL BOG.
I do, I think it's a stupid provision. But if he didn't want to play for them he should've let them know sooner so they could've got a return. It's a dick move.

Old
06-29-2012, 06:17 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
I do, I think it's a stupid provision. But if he didn't want to play for them he should've let them know sooner so they could've got a return. It's a dick move.
Maybe he wasn't sure what he wanted to do in all honesty and Anaheim could have tried to deal him when it was apparent he didn't want to join. Whether he handled the situation right or wrong is up to your opinion. Was it him handling it wrong, or maybe it was his agent telling him what to do. You don't have any idea so to assume he's the one pulling the cards isn't fair to him.

06-29-2012, 06:24 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
What the hell is your problem? Way to have an unnecessary attitude.

What Erixon did wasn't cool either, but he at least got his team a return.

I would be happy if he signed with us, but I can't wait to see everybody who has been acting like he's the messiah completely forget about him when he doesn't.

Leetch like numbers? Please.
You're acting self righteous calling a KID out for going by the system that he did not create. He is not the first to go this route. Don't hate on him for getting to play where he wants at a young age.

I want the kid here but I wont be upset if he doesnt choose us. He has the tools though.

And I was clearly exaggerating about the leetch-like numbers.

Old
06-29-2012, 06:25 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Dick move? What return would they have gotten? What NHL GM would give up any asset for a guy who might not re-sign with them? It really doesnt matter that he let them know so late.

Old
06-29-2012, 06:29 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Dick move? What return would they have gotten? What NHL GM would give up any asset for a guy who might not re-sign with them? It really doesnt matter that he let them know so late.
I find it hard to believe that he just decided 2 months ago he didn't want to play with Anaheim. Isn't that something you realize like the day they draft you? In my opinion- he stalled on purpose so that they couldn't trade him to a team he didn't want to play for and so he could dictate who he plays for.

Old
06-29-2012, 06:32 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Anaheim made the mistake of trusting Schultz. Hagelin could have waited 4 months and been an UFA on August 15 but he had no intention of doing that.

Quote:
The Rangers are expected to sign Michigan senior left wing Carl Hagelin once the Wolverines' season ends, a source with knowledge of the situation told The Post.

Should Hagelin, who was selected in the sixth round of the 2007 draft (168th overall), complete his season before the Blueshirts' AHL Connecticut affiliate is eliminated from the playoffs, the plan would be for the 5-foot-11, 176-pound Swede to join the Whale.

Hagelin would become eligible for unrestricted free agency this summer if he does not sign with the Rangers by Aug. 15, but that is not the Swedish native's intention.
Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...#ixzz1zEBXZe2w

Schultz told Bob Murray he was turning pro after the season but he didn't. The Ducks probably spoke to Schultz last summer when he decided to play in school for his junior year. It would give him the option of becoming a free agent after the season. Schultz screwed them.

Old
06-29-2012, 06:34 PM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

vCash: 50
We also need Fogarty to finish up college quickly, too. He becomes a FA after three years of college.

Old
06-29-2012, 06:34 PM
Lundsanity30

Oh God, people can't change their minds? Maybe he just wanted to play his Jr year and than saw how Ryan is staying going staying now going again. Maybe he didn't trust anaheim's stability

Old
06-29-2012, 06:36 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
We also need Fogarty to finish up college quickly, too. He becomes a FA after three years of college.
I'll bet that gets closed in the next CBA.

Old
06-29-2012, 06:43 PM
Pizza

Quote:
This is for anyone judging the kids personality without ever meeting him.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports/...#ixzz1zDp03l9M

Quiet, soft spoken, respectful. He used an option that was available to him in the CBA to play where he wants to. He never demanded a trade, and Newport turned this into a whole circus, along with the media hype.

This kid sounds like a complete a-hole. Not a quality character guy to have on this team.

Gilroy 2.0, except the fact that there isn't a single comparison to be made.

The people talking crap about this kid is simply laughable. I have yet to see one thing that shows me he has a huge ego. Kid seems like a great person.
Good points. I'll take your word for it that he's a nice kid.

There is just one problem. I'm not being flip when I say this. Trust me on that. You have not met this kid your self. So You, me, none of us really knows whats going on with this guy. I'll trust the Rangers think highly of him or they would not be going to the trouble as previously stated.

My words before were harsh I'll admit. But do you not think this whole process a bit over the top?

Old
06-29-2012, 06:51 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
Good points. I'll take your word for it that he's a nice kid.

There is just one problem. I'm not being flip when I say this. Trust me on that. You have not met this kid your self. So You, me, none of us really knows whats going on with this guy. I'll trust the Rangers think highly of him or they would not be going to the trouble as previously stated.

My words before were harsh I'll admit. But do you not think this whole process a bit over the top?
I have not met the kid either, but that article was taken directly from his college coach who I'll trust a hell of a lot more than any of us, that including myself.

Is this process a bit over the top? Yes it absolutely is but I'm more along the lines of blaming his agents then him. You can't assume all this is because of him, specially if you put his personality into the equation. A quiet and humble kid wouldnt go through this whole dog and pony show. I blame his agents more than him.

Old
06-29-2012, 06:55 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
I have not met the kid either, but that article was taken directly from his college coach who I'll trust a hell of a lot more than any of us, that including myself.

Is this process a bit over the top? Yes it absolutely is but I'm more along the lines of blaming his agents then him. You can't assume all this is because of him, specially if you put his personality into the equation. A quiet and humble kid wouldnt go through this whole dog and pony show. I blame his agents more than him.
Dude, he is 22 years old, not 14. He can make big boy decisions. An agent gives an opinion, Schultz still makes the decision.

I am not going to say one thing or another about the kids character, but using the agent excuse is a cop out.

Last edited by Blueshirt Believer: 06-29-2012 at 07:27 PM.
Old
06-29-2012, 06:57 PM
M Gaz
Au revoir Shosanna!

At this point, I could care less where he signs. The least he could do is suck it up and play for Anaheim just for a little bit. I mean if he signs here, thats great. But if he doesn't, screw him. The whole situation is making him look like a diva.

Old
06-29-2012, 06:58 PM
Pizza

Quote:

Fair enough. Blame it on the Lawyers. I'm OK with that considering that most lawyers I've encountered will over complicate and screw up most of what they get their hands on.

Old
06-29-2012, 07:00 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgaz728 View Post
At this point, I could care less where he signs. The least he could do is suck it up and play for Anaheim just for a little bit. I mean if he signs here, thats great. But if he doesn't, screw him. The whole situation is making him look like a diva.
I totally agree that it's a BS loophole. BUT, if he had signed an ELC with Anaheim, don't they then control his rights for more than a "little bit"?

Old
06-29-2012, 07:01 PM
Pizza

One things for damn sure. This will be one scrutinized rookie. Hope he can take the heat, cause he sure is gonna get some.

Old
06-29-2012, 07:03 PM
M Gaz
Au revoir Shosanna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
I totally agree that it's a BS loophole. BUT, if he had signed an ELC with Anaheim, don't they then control his rights for more than a "little bit"?
Well I mean if he wants out, he can just ask for a trade and get the Ducks something in return.

Old
06-29-2012, 07:12 PM
Lundsanity30

The reactions of some people on here make them sound like the actual divas

Old
06-29-2012, 07:15 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Wade Arnott of Newport Sports says decision from Justin Schultz likely will wait until tomororw
https://twitter.com/Real_ESPNLeBrun/...59325546967040

Old
06-29-2012, 07:19 PM
Lundsanity30

So almost over at least so people can stop whining

Old
06-29-2012, 07:25 PM
haveandare

Quote:
This is for anyone judging the kids personality without ever meeting him.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports/...#ixzz1zDp03l9M

Quiet, soft spoken, respectful. He used an option that was available to him in the CBA to play where he wants to. He never demanded a trade, and Newport turned this into a whole circus, along with the media hype.

This kid sounds like a complete a-hole. Not a quality character guy to have on this team.

Gilroy 2.0, except the fact that there isn't a single comparison to be made.

The people talking crap about this kid is simply laughable. I have yet to see one thing that shows me he has a huge ego. Kid seems like a great person.
I'm confused. This coach says if he says he's going to do something he does it - BB says he told him he was going to play for the Ducks... he's obviously not doing that. I guess BB could be full of it?

Old
06-29-2012, 07:25 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
So almost over at least so people can stop whining
Thank tap dancing zombie jesus.

Old
06-29-2012, 07:26 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

People gave Kreider so much **** because he rooted for the Bruins in the Cup finals and were afraid he wasn't going to sign with the Rangers to become a free agent next August.

If Schultz pulled this stunt on the Rangers,what would the reaction be? It wouldn't be Schultz has a right to change his mind.

Old
06-29-2012, 07:27 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

I say it won't be us...

Closed Thread