HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Staubitz, Campoli officially not coming back

Old
06-29-2012, 09:53 PM
TennisMenace

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourBuddy View Post
What are you saying ? You don't know Therrien do you ? He will NOT start a season without atleast one goon on his team. If you had heard him last winter on tv. He kept repeating how the Habs needed two guys like Staubitz.
I sure hope you are right.

TennisMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 09:55 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisMenace View Post
One more thing - Asham and Prust are both middle weights, like White. No, we need a legit heavyweight or two.
Asham is a very tough dude for a guy under 6 ft...example he fought Mike Rupp a few times and won,he went with Boris Valabik the 6'7 255 lb dude and came out with a draw ,Beat Allen,he fought John Erskine(the guy who took Lucic).

I can't see White doing that ...

What i want to see is WHITE focus more on offense skill set, the guy was almost a point per game play in junior hockey, so Habs need to get a lot of the focus off White for scrapping, and let someone else do that .

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 09:59 PM
TennisMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Asham is a very tough dude for a guy under 6 ft...example he fought Mike Rupp a few times and won,he went with Boris Valabik the 6'7 250 lb dude and came out with a draw ,Beat Allen,he fought John Erskine.

I can't see White doing that ...

What i want to see is WHITE focus more on offense skill set, the guy was almost a pointper game play in junior hockey, so Habs need to get a lot of the focus of White for scrapping and let someone else do that .
Don't get me wrong, ASHAM was one of my favorite Habs when he was a Hab. He replaced my beloved Turner Stevenson as my favorite. I love grit guys who play hard and hit. ASHAM would be a welcome addition, but I really don't want to see him have to fight Lucic or Thorton or McGrattan.

Old
06-29-2012, 10:02 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, ASHAM was one of my favorite Habs when he was a Hab. He replaced my beloved Turner Stevenson as my favorite. I love grit guys who play hard and hit. ASHAM would be a welcome addition, but I really don't want to see him have to fight Lucic or Thorton or McGrattan.
I get where your coming from , i would gladly take Asham on this team any day of the week.
Habs should take a guy like Asham that can play , and get the heavy too.

The Lucic Thorton's or Chara,there is only one guy that you can count on to beat those guys ,and win, that is BGL......plain and simple ,might not be the name some like to hear, but it's the truth .Therrien did squeeze some points out of BGL in Pitts , i dunno if that is the heavy he talks about or not, i dunno .

Old
06-29-2012, 10:03 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
One more thing - Asham and Prust are both middle weights, like White. No, we need a legit heavyweight or two.
You want to ice a team with two 'legit heavyweights'? Like who? Staubitz and..? You want two third of your 4th line to be comprised of scrubs like Staubitz and Big Mac? Parros who doesn't even fight anymore? These guys rarely fight anything other than other heavyweights. They line up on faceoffs punch eachother a few times then warm the bench for the rest of the game. Prust led the league in fighting majors and can play good, responsible hockey. Nobody lets up on a hit for fear that Staubitz' 4 minutes of ice time may intersect his own.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 10:07 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
You want to ice a team with two 'legit heavyweights'? Like who? Staubitz and..? You want two third of your 4th line to be comprised of scrubs like Staubitz and Big Mac? Parros who doesn't even fight anymore? These guys rarely fight anything other than other heavyweights. They line up on faceoffs punch eachother a few times then warm the bench for the rest of the game. Prust led the league in fighting majors and can play good, responsible hockey. Nobody lets up on a hit for fear that Staubitz' 4 minutes of ice time may intersect his own.
Arron Asham made 750k last year...the guy is better than a 1.8 million Prust.

Asham can get ya 20 pts a year and scrap 14-18 times a yr, with bigger men then himself.

I take Asham over Staubitz...you're darn right . ...

Old
06-29-2012, 10:09 PM
TennisMenace

Quote:
I get where your coming from , i would gladly take Asham on this team any day of the week.
Habs should take a guy like Asham that can play , and get the heavy too.

The Lucic Thorton's or Chara,there is only one guy that you can count on to beat those guys ,and win, that is BGL......plain and simple ,might not be the name some like to hear, but it's the truth .Therrien did squeeze some points out of BGL in Pitts , i dunno if that is the heavy he talks about or not, i dunno .
I've noticed BGL's name coming up. Is he wanting to come back to the NHL? I haven't heard this.

I'm a fan of John Scott. I know he is pretty useless on the ice, but just to throw him out there to rough up Lucic would make my day.

Old
06-29-2012, 10:10 PM
TennisMenace

Quote:
Well, two heavyweights was stretching it a bit I suppose, but I don't think I'm being greedy in asking for one monster to look after the cubs.

Old
06-29-2012, 10:11 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
Arron Asham made 750k last year...the guy is better than a 1.8 million Prust.

Asham can get ya 20 pts a year and scrap .
Uh.. I love asham. He's no heavyweight, though. At least not in the traditional sense that everyone here is whining about.

Seriously though, i <3 asham.

But I disagree, Prust > Asham in almost every way. Asham isn't getting younger. So he costs us 1 million more? Who cares? We won't be hurting on the salary cap any time soon.

I'm definitely smiling if we sign Asham on July 1st, though.

Old
06-29-2012, 10:12 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
I've noticed BGL's name coming up. Is he wanting to come back to the NHL? I haven't heard this.

I'm a fan of John Scott. I know he is pretty useless on the ice, but just to throw him out there to rough up Lucic would make my day.
BGL say's he is willing to come back for leauge min .....take 4-5 min a night ,do press box not play every game , he is fine with that.

Says he is hungry to prove to everyone ...

I really think its a great gamble.

Lucic backed down from BGL,.......there is the power.

A hungry BGL ,you know is going for him ...

He wants to make a statement ,go out the right way.

Old
06-29-2012, 10:14 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
BGL say he come back for leauge min .....take 4 min a night do press box.
Sys he is hungry to prove ...

Lucic backed down from BGL.......there is there power.

A hungry BGL you know is going for him ...
BGL is a massive risk. He has disc problems in his back and couldn't skate anymore. He was also let go because he was too much of a distraction in the locker-room, so we can only guess what kind of crap he was starting.

Old
06-29-2012, 10:16 PM
TennisMenace

Quote:
BGL say's he is willing to come back for leauge min .....take 4-5 min a night ,do press box not play every game , he is fine with that.

Says he is hungry to prove to everyone ...

Lucic backed down from BGL,.......there is the power.

A hungry BGL ,you know is going for him ...

He wants to make a statement ,go out the right way.
I'd still rather have Big John Scott.

Old
06-29-2012, 10:19 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Parros only got some love because of his mustache. He doesn't win much of his fights anymore..
Scott could be interesting because he's a giant as well, so he might make Chara think twice, although I still think Chara would beat him up. But the downside is he's a Dman, and having a useless Dman is never a good thing.

If we go after one pure fighter, I'd go after McGrattan.
You think Chara could beat Scott? seriously?

Chara beats up guys that don't fight like Spezza or Lecavalier, he looked scared against Laraque in his Pittsburgh days.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 10:26 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Uh.. I love asham. He's no heavyweight, though. At least not in the traditional sense that everyone here is whining about.

Seriously though, i <3 asham.

But I disagree, Prust > Asham in almost every way. Asham isn't getting younger. So he costs us 1 million more? Who cares? We won't be hurting on the salary cap any time soon.

I'm definitely smiling if we sign Asham on July 1st, though.

Asham got jam ,and better option that Staub for near same money.....I too hope he come's back .

Old
06-29-2012, 10:29 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Thanks Campoli for being so miserable that we got Gally.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 10:29 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post

Chara beats up guys that don't fight like Spezza or Lecavalier, he looked scared against Laraque in his Pittsburgh days.
Agreed. With all due respect, Kriss, Chara would get his **** kicked against a guy like Scott. His balance is awful and he's just not that great of a fighter.

Old
06-29-2012, 10:33 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Agreed. With all due respect, Kriss, Chara would get his **** kicked against a guy like Scott. His balance is awful and he's just not that great of a fighter.
Be good to see Habs pull in John Erskine for bottom end D, tough dude too.

The anti Komisarek

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2cLwiGHkZI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygNhx7j_fuU

BGL would eat him(Lucic) up i believe it .

Old
06-29-2012, 10:33 PM
Miller Time

too bad about Staubitz, but with Noke signed as the 13th fwd (i hope) then the writing was on the wall.

Wonder who Bergevin/Therrien have in mind to fill out the 4th line, given their comments you'd think it would be players more inclined to the rough stuff....

asham seems like a realistic possibility, who else?

a big run at gaustad? Prust?

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 11:39 PM
Habs

Quote:
Disagree, Chara is a beast and is a real decent fighter. He fought a ton in Prince George, he can dish it out with anyone. That reach is deadly, not many guys want to go with Chara, and that's a fact.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 11:48 PM
Stive Morgan
Habland

vCash: 50

Stive Morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 03:01 AM
Corncob

Quote:
So you want to sign Scott and then play him against the oppositions top line?

That's great, there's even a slim chance he might be able to catch up to Lucic in time to 'rough him up' during the goal celebration...

Corncob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 06:36 AM
yianik

My priorities for the 4th line guys. Being able to play 8-10 minutes without hurting the team, so defensively the player has to be okay. Bring energy with an ability to skate decently . Of course be gritty and tough. Have the willingness and hopefully the size to hit , and hit alot. Would like there to be players willing and capable of fighting when needed, so no staged fighting, but guys who will jump into it to stand up for a teamate. I priortize hitting hard and alot over fighting.

yianik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 06:51 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Of course Scott would destroy Chara, it would be quite amusing though seeing the Bruins fans claiming victory after he gets pummeled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Disagree, Chara is a beast and is a real decent fighter. He fought a ton in Prince George, he can dish it out with anyone. That reach is deadly, not many guys want to go with Chara, and that's a fact.
And no he isn't a good fighter. He is the most awkward looking fighter i have ever seen, he has no balance and will go for the take down as soon as he can.

Chara winning against J Scott is not possible, and besides he wouldn't even attempt it. He would be too busy trying to get Patches to drop em.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 06:55 AM
charlie

vCash: 358
Well I like Staubitz and he seemed like a good team player.........but the team must have a more suitable plan and I am also looking forward to that.

charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 10:32 AM
NJHABSFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post

Give this man a cigar.

NJHABSFAN is offline   Reply With Quote