HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

All-Purpose Qualifying Offers Thread

Old
06-28-2012, 11:54 AM
ChibiPooky
Caps/Avs/Bills fan

vCash: 50
Kundratek's rights are owned by Washington.

ChibiPooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 12:00 PM
caley

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker78 View Post
Iíd like to know if those players have their rights retain by an NHL team.

Carl Soderberg
Marek Zagrapan
Jonas Holos
Daniel Larsson
Sergei Shirokov
Mikko Lehtonen
Jonas Ahnelov
Martin Karsums
Tomas Kundratek
Ivan Vishnevskiy
These guys, as far as I know, are all still property of their respective NHL teams (BOS, BUF, COL, DET, FLO, MIN, PHX, TB, WAS, CHI, respectively).

caley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 12:44 PM
smsgtkvv

Quote:
Iíd like to know if those players have their rights retain by an NHL team.

Stefan Warg
Petteri Wirtanen
Radim Ostrcil
Carl Soderberg
Vyacheslav Buravchikov
Marek Zagrapan
Philipp Gogulla
Jonas Holos
Denis Parshin
Nico Sacchetti
Sergei Korostin
Daniel Larsson
Alexander Bumagin
Denis Stasyuk
Sergei Shirokov
Juraj Mikus from LA
Mikko Lehtonen
Konstantin Korneyev
Denis Kulyash
Kirill Lyamin
Andrei Popov
Jonas Ahnelov
Simon Hjalmarsson
Denis Kazionov
Martin Karsums
Dmitry Vorobiev
Ilya Kablukov
Tomas Kundratek
Ilja Nikulin
Ivan Vishnevskiy

I have a list of players that their contract was terminated in the season last year.

On the list I have Johan Motin, Igor Makarov, Jonathan Carlsson, Joonas Lehtivuori. Is there other players that was release ?

Give me news
I'll take a stab.

Stefan Warg - unsigned by Anaheim 6/1/10
Petteri Wirtanen - Group II (restricted) Free Agent from 2009. Rights held by Anaheim until 7/1/2013 (27 years old)
Radim Ostrcil - No transfer agreement with Czechs?
Carl Soderberg - Should have been on the free agent list in 2009 but is still listed on Boston's webpage (In the system)
Vyacheslav Buravchikov - no transfer agreement
Marek Zagrapan - Group II (restricted) free agent from 2009. Rights held by Buffalo until 7/1/2014
Philipp Gogulla - Group II (restricted) free agent from 2010. Rights held by Buffalo until 7/1/2015
Jonas Holos - Signed a 2-year contract with Colorado in 2010. if not on the free agent list on Sunday, then he must have been released.
Denis Parshin - no transfer agreement
Nico Sacchetti - Just graduated college. Needs to be signed by August 15, 2012.
Sergei Korostin - Signed a 2-year contract with Dallas in 2010. if not on the free agent list on Sunday, then he must have been released.
Daniel Larsson - Group II (restricted) free agent from 2010. Rights held by Detroit until 7/1/2013
Alexander Bumagin - no transfer agreement
Denis Stasyuk - no transfer agreement
Sergei Shirokov - Group II (restricted) free agent from 2011. Rights held by Florida until 7/1/2013
Juraj Mikus from LA - I show him being releeased by LA in 2010.
Mikko Lehtonen - Group II (restricted) free agent from 2010. Rights held by Minnesota until 7/1/2014
Konstantin Korneyev - no transfer agreement
Denis Kulyash - no transfer agreement
Kirill Lyamin - no transfer agreement
Andrei Popov - no transfer agreement
Jonas Ahnelov - Group II (restricted) free agent from 2011. Rights held by Phoenix until 7/1/2015
Simon Hjalmarsson - Unsigned by St. Louis
Denis Kazionov - no transfer agreement
Martin Karsums - Group II (restricted) free agent from 2010. Rights held by Tampa Bay until 7/1/2013
Dmitry Vorobiev - no transfer agreement.
Ilya Kablukov - no transfer ageement
Tomas Kundratek - Traded from the Rangers to the Capitals on 11/8/2011. Contract expires in 2013.
Ilja Nikulin - Group II (restricted) free agent from 2009. Rights held by Phoenix until 7/1/2013
Ivan Vishnevskiy - Group II (restricted) free agent from 2011. Rights held by Chicago until 7/1/2015

http://thethirdmanin.com/2011/08/19/...es-russia-khl/

"Chicago will retain Makarovís NHL rights. Itís not known at this point if the second year of Makarovís contract with Chicago will remain or if the two sides have worked out a release. If not, Makarovís contract would remain and count against the teamís 50-contract limit."

smsgtkvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 04:49 PM
Stryker78

When you say "no transfer agreement" does that mean the player is a free agent or he still belongto the team that drafted him ?

In the case of Stefan Warg, I remember the GM says it's going to be good for his developpment to go back in his country. Normally that mean he's still part of the team ?

Igor Makarov and Jonathan Carlsson are not listed anymore as part of the Hawks in the Hockey News. But, it was the same situation as Warg with Carlsson who Chicago let him play in his country ?

Stryker78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 05:02 PM
caley

Quote:
When you say "no transfer agreement" does that mean the player is a free agent or he still belongto the team that drafted him ?

In the case of Stefan Warg, I remember the GM says it's going to be good for his developpment to go back in his country. Normally that mean he's still part of the team ?

Igor Makarov and Jonathan Carlsson are not listed anymore as part of the Hawks in the Hockey News. But, it was the same situation as Warg with Carlsson who Chicago let him play in his country ?
Capgeek says that both Makarov and Carlsson's contracts were terminated.

Old
06-28-2012, 06:10 PM
smsgtkvv

Quote:

If there is no transfer agreement, the team continue to hold the players' rights. I have kept a list of all of the players and matched it up with all of the players listed in the NHL Guide and Record Book and those players listed on all of the teams' website. A pattern in both can be seen where unsigned european players drafted prior to 2010 from Russia and the Czech Republic are listed but players from Sweden aren't listed which means teams have to sign players from Sweden before two years after they were drafted. The Kings "In The System" webpage and the NHL Guide and Record Book still list Igor Melyakov who was drafted 17 years ago.

Igor Makarov and Jonathan Carlsson were signed to contracts while Stefan Warg was not. Warg is a player from Sweden, was drafted in 2008, and played in the WHL. Regardless, Anaheim lost his rights in 2010 when they didn't sign him. The NHL Guide and Record book no lists him.

Last edited by smsgtkvv: 06-28-2012 at 06:24 PM.
Old
06-28-2012, 07:00 PM
caley

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsgtkvv View Post
The NHL Guide and Record book no lists him.
Guide and Record Book isn't the best source, as soon as a player hasn't played in the NHL in 2-3 years, they listed him as retired. My dad keeps thorough player records and will come to me and go "How did they sign him, Guide and Record listed him as Retired" and it will be a case of where the player had gone overseas and played for a few years since.

Old
06-28-2012, 09:39 PM
smsgtkvv

Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
Guide and Record Book isn't the best source, as soon as a player hasn't played in the NHL in 2-3 years, they listed him as retired. My dad keeps thorough player records and will come to me and go "How did they sign him, Guide and Record listed him as Retired" and it will be a case of where the player had gone overseas and played for a few years since.
I agree with your point about players being placed in the back in the retired section but return to the NHL whether they were unrestricted or restricted free agents. Up until a couple years ago that publication was pretty good at including all of the players in the Prospects and in the NHL Player Register sections who are on the teams' reserve list.

I'll be real interested if those players below that are Group II free agents and are not listed in their respective active sections of the NHL Guide and Record Book appear on the NHL Free Agent List on Sunday as Group III Free Agents:

Vojtech Polak - Dallas
Jonathan Filewich - St. Louis
Eric Walsky - Vancouver

If they aren't on the Free Agent list on Sunday, I'll assume they were released.

Old
06-28-2012, 09:44 PM
Ched Brosky

Eric Walsky more than likely was released. Highly doubt they kept his rights another few years after he left

Ched Brosky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 10:15 PM
scoots 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsgtkvv View Post
I agree with your point about players being placed in the back in the retired section but return to the NHL whether they were unrestricted or restricted free agents. Up until a couple years ago that publication was pretty good at including all of the players in the Prospects and in the NHL Player Register sections who are on the teams' reserve list.

I'll be real interested if those players below that are Group II free agents and are not listed in their respective active sections of the NHL Guide and Record Book appear on the NHL Free Agent List on Sunday as Group III Free Agents:

Vojtech Polak - Dallas
Jonathan Filewich - St. Louis
Eric Walsky - Vancouver

If they aren't on the Free Agent list on Sunday, I'll assume they were released.
So we will find out on Sunday about the remaining qualified or not , anybody know when on Sunday and Caley will u post the official list ?

scoots 70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 10:25 PM
Mike Farkas
Hockey's Future Staff
Moron!

Dallas gave me a reserve list a couple years ago and Polak was not on it as I recall. I believe they cut ties with him a while ago. Or at least I was under that impression. Either way, he's not at all in their plans and hasn't been for years.

Mike Farkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 11:26 PM
Stryker78

That's the other list that I have

Are those players still affiliate with an NHL team ?

Dick Axelsson
Sebastian Stefaniszin
Stefan Ridderwall
Jakub Kovar
Kristoffer Berglund
Jonas Junland
Chris Peluso
Dennis McCauley
Jesper Samuelsson
Julian Walker
Stanislav Balan
Niko Snellman
Vili Sopanen
Roman Wick
Emil Sandin
Vladimir Ruzicka
Evgeny Skachkov
Justin Courtnall
Mitch Fadden
Jerome Flaake
Anton Krysanov

Stryker78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 11:50 PM
caley

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoots 70 View Post
So we will find out on Sunday about the remaining qualified or not , anybody know when on Sunday and Caley will u post the official list ?
I'll update the RFA/UFA list in the other thread with anyone I'm missing and depending how slow or busy it is, I'll try to bump this thread with the remaining players who appear to have gone unqualified. As of now, though, I'm going to unstick this thread.

Old
06-30-2012, 12:09 PM
smsgtkvv

Quote:
That's the other list that I have

Are those players still affiliate with an NHL team ?

Dick Axelsson
Sebastian Stefaniszin
Stefan Ridderwall
Jakub Kovar
Kristoffer Berglund
Jonas Junland
Chris Peluso
Dennis McCauley
Jesper Samuelsson
Julian Walker
Stanislav Balan
Niko Snellman
Vili Sopanen
Roman Wick
Emil Sandin
Vladimir Ruzicka
Evgeny Skachkov
Justin Courtnall
Mitch Fadden
Jerome Flaake
Anton Krysanov
Dick Axelsson - Group II (restricted) Free Agent from 2011. Red Wings hold rights until 2014
Sebastian Stefaniszin - unsure about Germany and transfer agreement
Stefan Ridderwall - Sweden; went unsigned; lost rights
Jakub Kovar - unsure about Czech and transfer agreement
Kristoffer Berglund - Sweden, went unsigned; lost rights
Jonas Junland - Group II (restricted) Free Agent from 2010. Blues hold rights until 2015
Chris Peluso - Drafted by Penguins in 2004; rights traded to Leafs on March 3, 2010; went unsigned by Leafs following college in 2010; free agent
Dennis McCauley - not clear about him; Group II (restricted) free agent from 2011. Sabres should hold his rights until 2013 but he signed with Reading (ECHL). I've seen other Group II players in the past who sign in the AHL don't become Group III (unrestricted) free agent after they turn 27. We'll have to wait until next year to know for sure.
Jesper Samuelsson - Sweden; went unsigned on June 1, 2010
Julian Walker - unsure about Switzerland and transfer agreement
Stanislav Balan - unsure about Czechs and transfer agreement
Niko Snellman - Finland; went unsigned; lost rights
Vili Sopanen - Finland; went unsigned; lost rights
Roman Wick - Group II (restricted) Free Agent from 2011. Red Wings hold rights until 2013
Emil Sandin - Sweden; went unsigned; lost rights
Vladimir Ruzicka - unsure about Czechs and transfer agreement
Evgeny Skachkov - rights retained; no transfer agreement
Justin Courtnall - "The Tampa Bay Lightning drafted him in the seventh round and 210th overall in the 2007 NHL draft. Since the two parties didn’t come to agreement on a contract, Tampa Bay has since lost his rights, but Justin still talks to some teams as a free agent."
http://dailyfreepress.com/2011/10/06...drive-success/

Courtnall is listed on the Bruins devlopment camp roster this summer.

Mitch Fadden - [March 2011]. "The Tampa Bay Lightning have put minor leaguer Mitch Fadden on unconditional waivers.
http://www.baynews9.com/content/news...ch_Fadden.html

Jerome Flaake - unsure about Germany and transfer agreement
Anton Krysanov - rights retained; no transfer agreement

My player list contains all of the players, whether they are listed on each team's webpage, and list in the NHL Guide and Record book. I don't fully understand how the transfer agreement process works but I could clearly see a pattern last year where players drafted from Sweden and Finland are removed from the NHL Guide and Record Book and each team's website two years after they were drafted if they aren't signed. Players from drafted from Russia are not removed (because they haven't signed a transfer agreement). Even though other countries have signed a transfer agreement, there isn't a pattern of who is removed and who is not removed. I tend to keep players affiliated to NHL teams longer unless there is clear evidence that they have been released. NHL teams usually don't publish announcements about unsigned players they lose. I'm looking forward to the NHL Free Agent List tomorrow so I can change the former Group II free agents to Group III free agents and remove them from their former teams. There is usually at least one player each year that everyone thought was previously released that shows up on the free agent list.

Old
07-01-2012, 11:14 AM
smsgtkvv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Farkas View Post
Dallas gave me a reserve list a couple years ago and Polak was not on it as I recall. I believe they cut ties with him a while ago. Or at least I was under that impression. Either way, he's not at all in their plans and hasn't been for years.
Polak is listed on the NHL Free Agent list today. Dallas still had his rights.

Old
07-01-2012, 11:54 AM
smsgtkvv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback91 View Post
Eric Walsky more than likely was released. Highly doubt they kept his rights another few years after he left
Walsky is listed on the NHL Free Agent list today. The Canucks still owned his rights. It is rare that a Group II (restricted) free agent is released.

Old
07-01-2012, 12:02 PM
smsgtkvv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback91 View Post
every get any news on Kendall McArdle? noticed he isn't even on the list anymore
Group VI (unrestricted)