HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Top Offseason Target?

View Poll Results: Who is at the top of your wish-list?
Shane Doan 11 20.00%
Rick Nash 2 3.64%
Zach Parise 12 21.82%
Bobby Ryan 9 16.36%
Ryan Suter 21 38.18%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old
06-30-2012, 09:22 AM
BrindamoursNose

vCash: 500
Parise or Doan. Hard to pick.

BrindamoursNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 10:06 AM
John Wayne Gretzky

I suggest we make Parise priority #1. Suter from what I recall said he was going to sign in the West, and my bet is that Detriot (with their **** ton of capspace) will throw a ton of money at him. use the Carle money to take a run at Parise, if it fails try for Doan.

After that I suggest we will out the bottom of our roster with Halpern (great 4th line cetner, amazing with faceoffs and is a great grinder / role player) Michael Rosival (if he will sign for around 3 mil, I think he'd be a solid # 6 defensive Dman, plus he is a righty) and Scott Clemmensen (who I think is the best backup in the game not named Rask or Schnieder)

John Wayne Gretzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 10:14 AM
John Wayne Gretzky

Also, if not Rosival, what do you think Souray would warrant? I know we had tried to trade for him in the past and he had a pretty good season.

Old
06-30-2012, 10:26 AM
orange is better
Mayor of Seeyasville

Offense
#1 Ryan (trade obviously)
#2 Parise
#3 Semin
#4 Doan

Defense
#1 Suter
#2 Garrison
#3 Roszival
#4 Souray

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 10:55 AM
turkinaa

No one wants to go after Wellwood so we have another brother combo?

turkinaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 11:00 AM
John Wayne Gretzky

for like 800k id take Wellwood. Might as well bring along the other Sesito while we are at it. Did you guys see our camp list?

HATCHER, Chase
STEVENS, John
COBURN, Greg
van RIEMSDYK, Trevor

We just want the all brother / former flyer spawn team haha.

I think Claude Boivin's kid was an invitee too.

Old
06-30-2012, 11:45 AM
Damaged Goods

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
People still think Suter's coming here, eh?

He's not worth the $7.5 he'll get, so pass. Easy answer is Parise since we don't have the goods to get Ryan or Nash anymore.
Not part of the consideration.

Damaged Goods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 12:00 PM
Flyotes
JVR is Pigeon Caw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
Parise or Doan. Hard to pick.
Really?

It has to be Parise.

One will be a shorter term contract and +35 for a 50 point player on his downside.

Parise's contract can be a long term contract to attempt to drive down the cap hit. Better talent, for longer. He's also a 60-80 point player.

That being said: Suter should be the target. Parise is a luxury, Suter is much more helpful.

Flyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 12:06 PM
Philadelphia Ducks
#BringBackBob

Doan imo. 2 year deal at around 4 million would make me happy. Let Jagr walk, Doan provides a lot more imo.

Philadelphia Ducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 12:26 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damaged Goods View Post
Not part of the consideration.
Part of investing the time into being a target is that the feeling is mutual. How much of a target is it, if he doesn't want to play here.

Regardless, he's going to get too much. We can't afford a $7M defenseman. $5.5 is about the highest we can go.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 12:38 PM
YuioIklo

I hope we don't give someone a long and expensive contract, Giroux, Couturier, Schenn, etc will need raises soon.

YuioIklo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 12:42 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 552
Parise is the only forward I would go over 4 years for by the way. Doan I would pass on altogether, don't know why he would come here with Bryz as his goaltender considering last year that team threw him under the bus.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 12:58 PM
BillDineen

I voted Doan. Test is whether or not in 2 years you will be dreading the signed player's contract or not.

If Carle is resigned period, let alone 4.75-5.5 mil, everyone will be cursing him in two years and asking how to dump him to sign the next coveted player.

Suter at 7.5 mil I could live with more than Carle. Parise at 7.5 mil is a bit steep unless he clicks with Giroux. Nash at 7.8 (let alone assets to acquire him) is too much IMO. I would take Parise over Nash as a UFA. Ryan is not worth what he will cost. Doan at 4mil is decent and will bring enough to the team to justify signing him.

Having said that, prepare for Tootoo and a backup being the only signings tomorrow.

BillDineen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 01:43 PM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownieFaceSoftener View Post
Really?

It has to be Parise.

One will be a shorter term contract and +35 for a 50 point player on his downside.

Parise's contract can be a long term contract to attempt to drive down the cap hit. Better talent, for longer. He's also a 60-80 point player.

That being said: Suter should be the target. Parise is a luxury, Suter is much more helpful.
What do you mean "Really?"

Do we not have enough young, fast wingers already? I think it would do this team a bit of good to have a wiley veteran who isn't in his 40s, can still player very good, great leader and a good defensive player.

Most importantly, his cap hit won't be as high as Parise's and it won't be a long term deal since Couturier, Giroux, Schenn, etc. will need raises soon.

BrindamoursNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 04:21 PM
Flyotes
JVR is Pigeon Caw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
What do you mean "Really?"

Do we not have enough young, fast wingers already? I think it would do this team a bit of good to have a wiley veteran who isn't in his 40s, can still player very good, great leader and a good defensive player.
None are Parise-- and Parise is a leader already.. Comparing him to Doan is a wash in the leadership department.

Quote:
Most importantly, his cap hit won't be as high as Parise's and it won't be a long term deal since Couturier, Giroux, Schenn, etc. will need raises soon.
That logic only applies if you think you could get Doan for 2 years. Do you really believe Doan is going to sign a 2 year deal here when he is in demand---just because 'hey, you guys have other players to sign?

Parise is younger.
He's already a leader.
I find it very unlikely Doan is going to sign a two year deal anywhere not named Phoenix.
.. and you can get Parise's cap hit down by contract length, which is less likely with Doan.

It's a no brainer unless Parise signs elsewhere first.

Flyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 04:45 PM
FlyersFan61290

“@tpanotchCSN: Source says Flyers are again talking with CBJ on Nash and it is serious”

“@Eklund: I concur with @tpanotch. Flyers are once again in serious discussions about rick Nash.”

I really hope there's nothing to this

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 08:59 PM
jd2210
Registered Non User

Hoping tomorrow night we have suter and parise, but i suspect it will be closer to garrison and wellwood

jd2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 07:18 PM
Damaged Goods

Well, we can't say the Flyers didn't try to land the board's top targets.

Damaged Goods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 07:33 AM
JayB

If this is the frenzy, every player is waiting what Suter and Parise do i would go for Doan and hard, i would give him 5million and own plane to fly back home every day if he want.

If you look wingers to play with G, there is only Doan. If we cant (look now like that) land Parise here, there is Semin, all guys know that he is lazy russian with good puck skills and very mystify +/- stats but is he what we really want for us?

There is Peter Mueller too, young and talented concussion boy with no full seasons in league. Few seasons ago he did good points but after injury there was no same game. Really? This guy? I think not even our third line. We have few spots open , shooter for G, physical bottom6 guy. There are no place for hopeforhope guys. We need quality.

So if no Parise , do it Holmgren and do what it need to land Doan.
Then go after bottomsix guy.

JayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 07:57 AM
jd2210
Registered Non User

Its interesting that on July 4 none of these guys have been signed or traded.

jd2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 08:01 AM
Brostradamus
LegionOfDoom Reunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayB View Post
If this is the frenzy, every player is waiting what Suter and Parise do i would go for Doan and hard, i would give him 5million and own plane to fly back home every day if he want.

If you look wingers to play with G, there is only Doan. If we cant (look now like that) land Parise here, there is Semin, all guys know that he is lazy russian with good puck skills and very mystify +/- stats but is he what we really want for us?

There is Peter Mueller too, young and talented concussion boy with no full seasons in league. Few seasons ago he did good points but after injury there was no same game. Really? This guy? I think not even our third line. We have few spots open , shooter for G, physical bottom6 guy. There are no place for hopeforhope guys. We need quality.

So if no Parise , do it Holmgren and do what it need to land Doan.
Then go after bottomsix guy.
The problem is that Doan is waiting until the 9th(or 10th) when Arizona votes on the future of the Coyotes staying or leaving. If we wait until then to target just Doan then we risk missing out on other UFA's for nothing if we don't sign him. We could still always make a trade but right now since it does not appear we are in the final running for Suter or Parise I would explore options like Semin and if thats a no go wait for Doan, if not trade for Ryan.

Brostradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 11:20 AM
TheKingPin

We have a very good team that got better subing carle for schenn and with another season for the young guns. If parasie wants close to Malkin Crosby money then let him go there. He's not on their level and they will be hampered by this deal. We need mid level guys here as you know they will produce more than hey should in our system.

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote