HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alexander Radulov to CSKA Moscow, KHL. 4-Year Deal.

Closed Thread

Old
06-19-2012, 05:16 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

vCash: 500
Quote:
In terms of Alexander Radulov, Poile said that — through Radulov’s agent, Jay Grossman — there is a strong belief the forward will return to the Kontinental Hockey League. If this happens, Poile all but conceded that it would be close to impossible to get any sort of return for Radulov’s rights.

“I think the next time will be when his contract is up again or what have you,” Poile said. “I think it’s less and less realistic he’s coming abck to us or some day in the NHL. I think we had our time, but I think it’s over.”
http://blogs.tennessean.com/predator...suter-radulov/

Old
06-20-2012, 08:33 AM
NshPredFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
I'm about 80% sure he'll be a UFA when he turns 27 under the current CBA.

That said, there's a new one coming soon. It'd be sweet if we held onto him indefinetly.
My understanding is the cut off is July 1 for him to turn 27. He will miss that by 4 days next year so we hold his UFA rights until July 1, 2014 as long as they make him a QO which I believe Poile will continue to do.

Old
06-20-2012, 09:38 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
radulov dropped to no. 15 because of character issues. people said talent wise he could go top 5
Those people were right on both points.

Old
06-20-2012, 10:10 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 400
I do like it that HFB keeps the old threads around..

went back to the thread about rads when we drafted him in 2004 and found these:

Biography From TSN.Ca:

TEAM: Dynamo Moscow
CSB RANK: 9th (European Skaters)
POSITION: Right Wing
HEIGHT: 6'1
WEIGHT: 178 lbs.
BOB MCKENZIE SAYS: The Russian Robbie Schremp? The younger brother of Chicago’s Igor Radulov is an immensely-skilled forward with top 10 talent but a reputation for being volatile and difficult. Could break the top 10, could slide to the bottom third of the first round. Didn’t test well at the CSB Combine.

TSN.Ca Lowdown: Is the younger brother of former third-round pick Igor Radulov, who has nine goals in 43 games over two seasons with the Chicago Blackhawks. Speedy skater who excels in 1-on-1 situations, some question his desire when things get physical. Ranked ninth among European prospects by NHL Central Scouting, down two spots from midseason. Has a lot of work to do on his defensive game, preferring to hang around for breakout passes. Averaged a point per game in helping Russia win the gold medal at the World Under-18 Championships. Needs to control his emotions after a few run-ins with referees.

seems to confirm what I remembered.... top end talent but a possible headcase...

Old
06-26-2012, 02:23 AM
The Zookeep

Preds send Radulov his QO

Old
06-26-2012, 09:07 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zookeep View Post
Preds send Radulov his QO
Protection in case he stays in the NHL. Let him get offers and sign an offer sheet .... draft picks rather than nothing in return.

Old
06-28-2012, 10:17 AM
Snipeshow

Maybe it's just me, but I figured he would have signed in the KHL by now if he was really being offered 12-15mil per season.

What would be the hold up? Does he really want to stay in the NHL and is waiting for Poile to trade his rights?

Old
06-28-2012, 11:46 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipeshow View Post
Maybe it's just me, but I figured he would have signed in the KHL by now if he was really being offered 12-15mil per season.

What would be the hold up? Does he really want to stay in the NHL and is waiting for Poile to trade his rights?
he knows the KHL money is there whenever he wants it... might as welll hang out and see if an NHL team is gonna make an offer before he commits.... because there is now a transfer agreement in place so once he commits to the KHL he would be stuck...

Old
06-28-2012, 01:31 PM
icing

CSKA Moskow just bought Radulov from his KHL team Salavat Yulaev Ufa for 8 million dollars.

Old
06-28-2012, 01:54 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by icing View Post
CSKA Moskow just bought Radulov from his KHL team Salavat Yulaev Ufa for 8 million dollars.
It's my understanding that they bought his rights, but he has not signed any contract yet.

Old
06-28-2012, 05:05 PM
Bad Karma

He already had a year left on his deal with UFA.

Old
06-28-2012, 09:58 PM
NshPredFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Karma View Post
He already had a year left on his deal with UFA.
I believe Ufa owned his rights for another year but did not have a contract with him to play. CSKA paid stupid money for the rights of a player that isn't even committed/contracted to play in the league. Brent Peterson said (at SportsFest Saturday) that as of Friday night, Rad had not signed a KHL contract. He also said that he believes that Rad really wants to play in the NHL and he would love to have him on the team. It sounded like they simply couldn't agree of the length of a contract and did not part on bad terms. I assumed Poile had shut the door on any possible return, but maybe not. Could be he's waiting to see what July 1 brings before he makes a decision.

Old
06-29-2012, 06:30 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by NshPredFan View Post
I believe Ufa owned his rights for another year but did not have a contract with him to play. CSKA paid stupid money for the rights of a player that isn't even committed/contracted to play in the league. Brent Peterson said (at SportsFest Saturday) that as of Friday night, Rad had not signed a KHL contract. He also said that he believes that Rad really wants to play in the NHL and he would love to have him on the team. It sounded like they simply couldn't agree of the length of a contract and did not part on bad terms. I assumed Poile had shut the door on any possible return, but maybe not. Could be he's waiting to see what July 1 brings before he makes a decision.
I agree. Things may not be exactly as they seem. We all thought he'd be back in Russia already. Apparently Peterson wants him back. This isn't the first I've heard of him making a comment on Radulov that wasn't negative. Maybe they still get something done before the season starts. Who knows? He (Radu) keeps things interesting around here that's for sure.

Old
06-29-2012, 07:28 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

I think petersons comments are designed to salvage what little trade value rads might have. Ill be shocked if he ever dons a preds uni again

Old
06-29-2012, 08:40 AM
codeman00

Peterson also made comments about Rads needing to grow up a bit and do what he's told for a change. He even went on to say, "These guys get paid a lot of money....is it a lot to ask of them to do what their told and what's expected of them?" <the crowd applauded>. It was definitely a response with contradicting statements. Brent wants him as a project it seems and sees potential, but there are a lot of issues to overcome.

Old
06-29-2012, 09:42 AM
Snipeshow

Maybe waiting to see what happens with Suter first.

Old
06-29-2012, 09:45 AM
Top 6 Spaling

I would say Poile is waiting for some smoke to clear. I'm sure teams would prefer Ryan, Parise, and Nash to Rads, so Poile is waiting until those pieces are moved before calling the teams that lose out on them and seeing what they will offer.

Old
06-29-2012, 10:20 AM
Shea Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
I think petersons comments are designed to salvage what little trade value rads might have. Ill be shocked if he ever dons a preds uni again
If he wears a Preds uniform again you can murder me.

Old
06-29-2012, 10:43 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
I don't care what Peterson said to a throng of fans, but he was putting lipstick on a pig. Radulov is not leaving on good terms. And not solely because of the Phoenix thing. His behavior did not change from when he left as far as being a professional goes. I love the kids talent, but he is a ******** when it comes to being a pro athlete.

Old
06-29-2012, 02:05 PM
codeman00

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
I don't care what Peterson said to a throng of fans, but he was putting lipstick on a pig. Radulov is not leaving on good terms. And not solely because of the Phoenix thing. His behavior did not change from when he left as far as being a professional goes. I love the kids talent, but he is a ******** when it comes to being a pro athlete.
I believe this 100%. I was just reporting what he said. I can't see Weber being up for playing on a team with Rads again.

Old
06-29-2012, 11:10 PM
Bad Karma

Quote:
He was due $5M from UFA next year, he would have had to pay back had he not returned.

Old
06-29-2012, 11:36 PM
ilikeblocks

I don't think he plays for the preds, but I just feel like he's going to be in the NHL next year.

Old
06-29-2012, 11:47 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeblocks View Post
I don't think he plays for the preds, but I just feel like he's going to be in the NHL next year.
that would be great because someone would have to trade for him or offer sheet him, either way we get something for him..

Old
06-29-2012, 11:56 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
that would be great because someone would have to trade for him or offer sheet him, either way we get something for him..
just let him go to russia.

if we get crap for him, theres a good chance he becomes an impact player somewhere. people would never let poile live it down of trading him for a 3rd.. especially since he is our only draftee with truly gamebreaking talent

Old
06-30-2012, 10:52 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
just let him go to russia.

if we get crap for him, theres a good chance he becomes an impact player somewhere. people would never let poile live it down of trading him for a 3rd.. especially since he is our only draftee with truly gamebreaking talent
if the stupid things he has done was ever made public, I don't think there would be anyone here that would care what recieved for him.

Closed Thread