HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Experience With Season Ticket Reps?

Old
06-29-2012, 05:24 PM
JMFJcbj

vCash: 500
Experience With Season Ticket Reps?

This is my first season ordering my own tickets. My parents have season tickets but since I graduated I bought 11 games this year myself.

What are you experiences with the ticket reps? I called and talked with one yesterday. He said I had to order a preseason game and he couldn't find any better seats than the ones I selected online. Later that night, I ordered the tickets online myself, with no preseason games and found seats closer to center ice.

JMFJcbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 08:25 AM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Sounds like you got a 1/4 Season Plan, right? If so the game you picked out of group 1 was a preseason game.

06-30-2012, 10:21 AM
JMFJcbj

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
Sounds like you got a 1/4 Season Plan, right? If so the game you picked out of group 1 was a preseason game.
I didn't pick a preseason game. It said select up to one game and obviously I chose not to.

Old
06-30-2012, 10:33 AM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Would not be surprised if you get a call abou it. Full season must get 4 preseason game, half season 2 and so on.

If not congrats, because you found a flaw in their online system.

1857 Howitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 10:34 AM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

each seat is set for certain packages...what you're basically being told is that there are not any seats that are assigned for your particular package available...i ran into that a couple years back...that's why i decided to just buy my tickets off friends that had extras...

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 11:38 AM
JMFJcbj

Quote:
Would not be surprised if you get a call abou it. Full season must get 4 preseason game, half season 2 and so on.

If not congrats, because you found a flaw in their online system.
I'm not sure how they can do that when I've already bought it.

Old
06-30-2012, 11:40 AM
JMFJcbj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
each seat is set for certain packages...what you're basically being told is that there are not any seats that are assigned for your particular package available...i ran into that a couple years back...that's why i decided to just buy my tickets off friends that had extras...
But my point is there were better seats for my same package... I actually tried to get the premium flex pack but those were three rows further back.

I was curious about the preseason games because that on top of the closer and better seats made me feel like the guy was lying to me.

Old
06-30-2012, 12:18 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMFJcbj View Post
But my point is there were better seats for my same package... I actually tried to get the premium flex pack but those were three rows further back.

I was curious about the preseason games because that on top of the closer and better seats made me feel like the guy was lying to me.
He was not lying to you. The info about the preseason tickets was correct you just got lucky and found that their online system was set up wrong. BTW it has been fixed now. I just tried to order a 1/4 plan without one preseason game and it errored out. See print screen below.

As for the seats you found being better then the seats he found who knows. Maybe the reps idea of the best seats is diffident then yours or maybe some seats were released that he had not been updated on. Point being they were not trying to get one over on you and just enjoy going to some Jackets games this year!

I will tell you that now that you have ordered the tickets if you have any problems call your Rep. I have always found that if you call them and let them know your problem they will take care of you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg preseason.JPG‎ (33.9 KB, 13 views)

Old
06-30-2012, 12:42 PM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

I get their rationale behind it, but to me it doesn't make sense. In my 20+ years of hockey watching experience (not to mention countless hours of customer service), forcing someone who wants to spend their money for your goods into buying something that they aren't keen on (like preseason hockey) is bad business.

I wouldn't say that this would turn me away from buying tickets, but I would do everything in my power to not buy a preseason ticket. Unless, of course, they are providing you with these preseason seats for no additional charge, and still giving you all of your regular season games. From what I'm reading though, this is not the case.

Sore Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 12:52 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
I get their rationale behind it, but to me it doesn't make sense. In my 20+ years of hockey watching experience (not to mention countless hours of customer service), forcing someone who wants to spend their money for your goods into buying something that they aren't keen on (like preseason hockey) is bad business.

I wouldn't say that this would turn me away from buying tickets, but I would do everything in my power to not buy a preseason ticket. Unless, of course, they are providing you with these preseason seats for no additional charge, and still giving you all of your regular season games. From what I'm reading though, this is not the case.
In the long run even with buying a preseason game you are spending less if you buy the package then if you buy each game by itself. Also you get STH Benefits.

Do I wish I did not have to buy 2 preseason games with my Half season plan? Sure, but how fair would it be to full STHs who have always had to buy 4 games if other plans did not but still got the same STH Benefits?

If you don't want preseason games don't become a STH, but you're missing out IMO.

Old
06-30-2012, 03:05 PM
JMFJcbj

Quote:
He was not lying to you. The info about the preseason tickets was correct you just got lucky and found that their online system was set up wrong. BTW it has been fixed now. I just tried to order a 1/4 plan without one preseason game and it errored out. See print screen below.

As for the seats you found being better then the seats he found who knows. Maybe the reps idea of the best seats is diffident then yours or maybe some seats were released that he had not been updated on. Point being they were not trying to get one over on you and just enjoy going to some Jackets games this year!

I will tell you that now that you have ordered the tickets if you have any problems call your Rep. I have always found that if you call them and let them know your problem they will take care of you.
Thanks for the input.

Old
06-30-2012, 03:07 PM
PuckNerd

My experience is a getting a new one every year.

PuckNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 03:10 PM
JMFJcbj

Quote:

It makes no sense for a quarter season plan...

My tickets are $67 a game for 11 games. If I had to get a preseason game they would go to $81 a game for 10 regular season games.

I frankly wouldn't order if that was the case. 1/4 ticket holders get no All Star Game and 1 playoff game per round. Tickets on stubhub go for $20 a game.

Old
06-30-2012, 03:10 PM
JMFJcbj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mijet View Post
My experience is a getting a new one every year.
I know they make very little money. Plus selling for a team like the Jackets is an uphill battle.

Old
07-01-2012, 09:02 AM
ZachACA

I've been real lucky in that my first season as a STH, I had Dan Foreman and then when I moved to ACA, he became our ticket rep. I've heard the horror stories though of people getting multiple ticket reps in the same season. Must suck.

ZachACA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 10:51 AM
Bobcat110

Quote:

I think it's psychological. If they gave away preseason games, then they would need to raise regular season games to offset. So, maybe it would make sense if they raised the regular season ticket prices and then gave the preseason for free?

For example, my ticket price is $36 per game (preseason and regular season) x 45 = $1,620 per year.

Would people feel better if they instead charged $39.51 per regular season x 41 games and gave you the four preseason games for free? They still make their target revenue of $1,620 per year on the seat...and the fans get feeling they are getting something for free.

As for the ticket reps, they come and go frequently. They've all seem willing to do there best to accommodate requests. I can sympathize, management isn't giving them much of a product. Selling ice to an Eskimo may be easier job.

Bobcat110 is offline   Reply With Quote