Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Moncton Wildcats

Old
06-29-2012, 12:46 PM
chsb

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemQ View Post
i'm not a fan of neither Moncton, or Bathurst....but are you serious when you say that Obrien, Bisonnette and Hynes vs Veilleux, Saulnier and Saulnier, is very close.
I'm sorry, but someone is delusional. Not to take anything away from the Saulniers and Vielleux, but offensively, it's not even a contest. The bathurst top line will be the best 1st line in the CHL next year.

Other than that....i think your bang on with you evaluations. Bathurst has a way to go before they catch moncton.

At the present time, Bathurst has a better first line and a better 2nd line centerman while Moncton probably got a superior winger in Barbeshev....but he is only 17.
Can Banville/Lafontaine/Salvail at 18 YO be solid wingers for Lalancette or will the Titan need to go get a Tesink or a Brouillard to complete that 2nd line.
Will both 17 YO Euros the Titan picked be instant 2nd liners or will they need 1 year seasoning before starting to rise offensively?

The Titan, and I will remain on that position until further notice, got a superior 3rd line to anything Moncton can throw up there.

For the defense, I will say that Moncton got the edge as we speak and the Titan will need a veteran D to top up, somebody like Jimmy Oligny or Samuel Noreau.
They don't need that much PMD capacity as they got Girard/Godin/Fraser who are pretty good in that department and young Gosselin is also very good.
I would personally rather see them bring in Oligny instead of Noreau.

In goals,Dubeau is superior to anything the Titan has and it will remain the Titan wild card until we really see how our goaltending does.

The Titan offense will be better than last season in Bathurst and our defense too.
Fraser is 18 now and not bothered by injuries and nor is Houle who was delayed in his development by injuries.
Godin showed us that he was an excellent PMD with good transition skills last playoffs as he was a ppg defense in that period and ended at +2.
I expect him to be very good this season.

I could see the Titan trade for Trudeau at some point to back up Brennan in case McDonald is not ready.

I could see something like this next season:
Brennan
McDonald/Trudeau?

Girard
Oligny/Noreau?
Godin
Fraser
Houle
Robert
Gosselin
Egan

Hynes-O'Brien-Bissonnette
Brouillard/Tesink?-Lalancette-Zdrahal
Zboril-Lafontaine-Banville
Stevens-Cochrane-Salvail
Marois/Gallant/Lyle

The Titan could afford these 3 moves without affecting seriously their team the next season.

McDonald/Lyle/Marois/Gallant/Gosselin/Blanchard are all 16/17YO who could bring something interesting as a return plus the Titan have 8 picks in the first 5 rounds 2013 and have Raymond who might interest as an OA.

The Titan will have to determine if they go for it this season or wait to next season and hold on to their assets until the draft 2013.
It will be based on what the first season half brings us and on the situation of the OAs when October comes.

Either way we are guaranteed to have a very exciting team to watch and it is far too early to label them as a distant 3rd in the Maritimes.
LGM is determined to go all the way and this is something he showed before that he could manage.

chsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 02:13 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

The Titan, the Titan, the Titan this.. The Titan that... The Titan aren't better then Moncton..

No matter how many ways you spin it Moncton>>>Bathrust...... Moncton is looking like the clear cut favorite to win the Q... And they have yet to fill out their 3rd line... And have one of the best lines in Juinor.... And IMO perhaps the best 2nd line in the Q !!!

Bathrust are a 1 line team... Granted that Line is TOP 5 in the CHL.. Thats not enough..

When Danny Flynn wants to win he goes all out, and builds a complete team... Moncton will add a Tesink type... And maybe another 3rd liner to play on their 4th..

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 07:27 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
The Titan, the Titan, the Titan this.. The Titan that... The Titan aren't better then Moncton..

No matter how many ways you spin it Moncton>>>Bathrust...... Moncton is looking like the clear cut favorite to win the Q...And they have yet to fill out their 3rd line... And have one of the best lines in Juinor.... And IMO perhaps the best 2nd line in the Q !!!
Ya, ummm, the Mooseheads say hello. And I wouldn't say any line combo Moncton throws out can be "#2 in the Q" just yet.

But you are right in your assessment of MON/BAT. It's silly to even argue those two at this point.

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 08:39 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
Ya, ummm, the Mooseheads say hello. And I wouldn't say any line combo Moncton throws out can be "#2 in the Q" just yet.
As of right now, Moncton is all around better, and deeper. I would take Moncton, if Eichel reports the gap upfront becomes non existent.... But the gap on D is still there.

Old
06-29-2012, 11:54 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
As of right now, Moncton is all around better, and deeper. I would take Moncton, if Eichel reports the gap upfront becomes non existent.... But the gap on D is still there.
The concensus around most boards is Halifax is #1... And it hasn't really changed... Me thinks you're selling the D a little short, and it's especially better now with the return of KA, someone who is better than any D Moncton has. Each team seems to have its uncertainties from 5-7 on the backend (Weegar, Lovell) (McGurty, Wood?, Sweeney etc.) While the Moose lack big name talent, they're a very solid bunch, well demonstrated in this years run. I have no problem heading into a season with

KA - Gillard
Lewis - Duke
Hardie - Weegar

Is it great? No, but it's solid, which is what I want it to be... Not better than BLBs tho, which is no question #1 in my books.

Again as you pointed out, if Eichel reports it makes things better... I don't buy into Moncton being a deeper team tho.

Barbashev = Frk. Frk would almost get an edge as he has experience, and both have high ceilings. Boudreau > Lalonde and Ashley and Veilluex are pretty close. They had similar PPG, while Ashley wasn't always in the top 6 last year. And as I said the first lines are close.

Third goes to the Moose and the fourths are yet to be decided. But I don't see much that could rival Falkenham - Eichel as a start.

And goaltending. Dubeau has an edge with a Mem Cup victory, but Fucale was unreal... And I mean unreal. I assume Cam sees the need for a back-up to take pressure off Fucale so he's not seeing 72 consecutive games. Hopefully Zach will start sub 50-55 games this year, giving him more rest... And yes I suppose there's a chance of sophomore slump

And weren't you the guy who had Gatineau at #1? Lol

Old
06-30-2012, 12:19 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
The concensus around most boards is Halifax is #1... And it hasn't really changed... Me thinks you're selling the D a little short, and it's especially better now with the return of KA, someone who is better than any D Moncton has. Each team seems to have its uncertainties from 5-7 on the backend (Weegar, Lovell) (McGurty, Wood?, Sweeney etc.) While the Moose lack big name talent, they're a very solid bunch, well demonstrated in this years run. I have no problem heading into a season with

KA - Gillard
Lewis - Duke
Hardie - Weegar

Is it great? No, but it's solid, which is what I want it to be... Not better than BLBs tho, which is no question #1 in my books.

Again as you pointed out, if Eichel reports it makes things better... I don't buy into Moncton being a deeper team tho.

Barbashev = Frk. Frk would almost get an edge as he has experience, and both have high ceilings. Boudreau > Lalonde and Ashley and Veilluex are pretty close. They had similar PPG, while Ashley wasn't always in the top 6 last year. And as I said the first lines are close.

Third goes to the Moose and the fourths are yet to be decided. But I don't see much that could rival Falkenham - Eichel as a start.

And goaltending. Dubeau has an edge with a Mem Cup victory, but Fucale was unreal... And I mean unreal. I assume Cam sees the need for a back-up to take pressure off Fucale so he's not seeing 72 consecutive games. Hopefully Zach will start sub 50-55 games this year, giving him more rest... And yes I suppose there's a chance of sophomore slump

Cool, I don't care about the consensus though.. I'm also basing it on what coaches can do...

I think your smoking a little too much Halifax, I think everyone is, I like Monctons D alot, I think they are better then you and many others give credit for.

I love Frk, but Barbahsev might be better... But I do agree that Frk has the experience.

Ya I temporarily had Gatineau at #1...

I'll review the list again tomorrow.

Last edited by IHaveNoCreativity: 06-30-2012 at 12:29 AM.
Old
06-30-2012, 08:17 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by chsb View Post
At the present time, Bathurst has a better first line and a better 2nd line centerman while Moncton probably got a superior winger in Barbeshev....but he is only 17.
Can Banville/Lafontaine/Salvail at 18 YO be solid wingers for Lalancette or will the Titan need to go get a Tesink or a Brouillard to complete that 2nd line.
Will both 17 YO Euros the Titan picked be instant 2nd liners or will they need 1 year seasoning before starting to rise offensively?

The Titan, and I will remain on that position until further notice, got a superior 3rd line to anything Moncton can throw up there.

For the defense, I will say that Moncton got the edge as we speak and the Titan will need a veteran D to top up, somebody like Jimmy Oligny or Samuel Noreau.
They don't need that much PMD capacity as they got Girard/Godin/Fraser who are pretty good in that department and young Gosselin is also very good.

In goals,Dubeau is superior to anything the Titan has and it will remain the Titan wild card until we really see how our goaltending does.

The Titan offense will be better than last season in Bathurst and our defense too.
Fraser is 18 now and not bothered by injuries and nor is Houle who was delayed in his development by injuries.
Godin showed us that he was an excellent PMD with good transition skills last playoffs as he was a ppg defense in that period and ended at +2.

I could see the Titan trade for Trudeau at some point to back up Brennan in case McDonald is not ready.

Brennan
McDonald/Trudeau?

Girard
Oligny/Noreau?
Godin
Fraser
Houle
Robert
Gosselin
Egan

Stevens-Cochrane-Salvail
Marois/Gallant/Lyle

The Titan could afford these 3 moves without affecting seriously their team the next season.

McDonald/Lyle/Marois/Gallant/Gosselin/Blanchard are all 16/17YO who could bring something interesting as a return plus the Titan have 8 picks in the first 5 rounds 2013 and have Raymond who might interest as an OA.

The Titan will have to determine if they go for it this season or wait to next season and hold on to their assets until the draft 2013.
It will be based on what the first season half brings us and on the situation of the OAs when October comes.

Either way we are guaranteed to have a very exciting team to watch and it is far too early to label them as a distant 3rd in the Maritimes.
LGM is determined to go all the way and this is something he showed before that he could manage.
He will be our 2nd line center. So Moncton have a better center on line 2.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 10:40 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

To the few who laughed when I said Penny and Johnston would get NHL invites. 3 Wildcats were invited to NHL camp..

Ryan Penny - Phoenix
Alex Dubeau - Montreal
Ross Johntson - Calgary

Old
06-30-2012, 11:06 AM
welcometothebigshow2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
To the few who laughed when I said Penny and Johnston would get NHL invites. 3 Wildcats were invited to NHL camp..

Ryan Penny - Phoenix
Alex Dubeau - Montreal
Ross Johntson - Calgary
It really is great for Johnston.. Last year he was playing in the NBPEI midget league, then played half of a year with Summerside Caps, got called up to Moncton, and made the most of the oppurtunity. Kid is a real competitor out on the ice and it wouldn't surprise me if he gets a contract. If his skating was better, and he was in a little better shape, he probably would've been drafted top three rounds this year. He has a mean streak, he is smart, great hands, and most importantly.... He's 6'4". Love watching him. Great success story for kids who get drafted in the later rounds in the Q and still want to pursue the dream. Mark my words, Ross Johnston will play pro hockey one day. Maybe not the NHL, but he will play pro.

welcometothebigshow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 11:48 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:

Brennan
McDonald/Trudeau?

Girard
Oligny/Noreau?
Godin
Fraser
Houle
Robert
Gosselin
Egan

Stevens-Cochrane-Salvail
Marois/Gallant/Lyle

Barbachev > Lalancette , but even if he didnt , you cant base that a line is better just because of a better center.

Oligny, Trudeau, Noreau is purely speculation that have about a 5% chance of happening. If we are talking possible trade then Ill say Moncton is going to acquire Dillon Fournier(top pairing QB), Henley or Mantha(2nd line LWs) and Appleby(backup)

Barbashev & Jaskin >>> Zboril & Zdrahal

*Not even close

Veilleux-Saulnier-Saulnier = Hynes-O'Brien-Bissonnette
Penny-Barbashev-Jaskin > ???-Lalancette-Zdrahal
Lalonde-Robichaud-Johnston < Zboril-Lafontaine-Banville

*Monctons far superior 2nd line outweighs Bathurst slight edge of the 3rd line

Moncton Offence > Bathurst

Moncton Defence >> Bathurst

Goaltending- Dubeau >>> Bathurst- Brennan (.863 save %)

Moncton coaching >> Bathurst

Old
06-30-2012, 01:19 PM
chsb

Quote:
Barbachev > Lalancette , but even if he didnt , you cant base that a line is better just because of a better center.

Oligny, Trudeau, Noreau is purely speculation that have about a 5% chance of happening. If we are talking possible trade then Ill say Moncton is going to acquire Dillon Fournier(top pairing QB), Henley or Mantha(2nd line LWs) and Appleby(backup)

Barbashev & Jaskin >>> Zboril & Zdrahal

*Not even close

Veilleux-Saulnier-Saulnier = Hynes-O'Brien-Bissonnette
Penny-Barbashev-Jaskin > ???-Lalancette-Zdrahal
Lalonde-Robichaud-Johnston < Zboril-Lafontaine-Banville

*Monctons far superior 2nd line outweighs Bathurst slight edge of the 3rd line

Moncton Offence > Bathurst

Moncton Defence >> Bathurst

Goaltending- Dubeau >>> Bathurst- Brennan (.863 save %)

Moncton coaching >> Bathurst
I will cross your path in August.
Have a good summer.

Funny comments so far is all I can say from your part.

chsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 03:14 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
I will cross your path in August.
Have a good summer.

Funny comments so far is all I can say from your part.
LOL You say that but which one of my points are invalid?? It must be hard to argue as a Titan fan , its always up hill battle.. Unlike you , I base my posts on facts not dreams

Old
06-30-2012, 07:46 PM
theq

Quote:

KA - Gillard
Lewis - Duke
Hardie - Weegar

Veilleux and ashley are not even close..... Veilleux have such more a edge to is game compare to Ashley
6p2 210
hits that can change a game
scores
great styles
able to fight
he is a great power forward that played in defensive system at Shawinigan

theq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 01:14 AM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by theq View Post
Veilleux and ashley are not even close..... Veilleux have such more a edge to is game compare to Ashley
6p2 210
hits that can change a game
scores
great styles
able to fight
he is a great power forward that played in defensive system at Shawinigan
The reason I put them close is because Ashley, while he doesn't have the size, but he's fast hits and is good defensively. Probably why I saw him on the ice in the final minute of our wins against Quebec in the playoffs. I'd give the edge ti Veilleux, but I think you're selling Ashley short... Watch him play.

Old
07-01-2012, 11:58 AM
RJQuack

Quote:
LOL You say that but which one of my points are invalid?? It must be hard to argue as a Titan fan , its always up hill battle.. Unlike you , I base my posts on facts not dreams
You must not speak chsb.... Let me translate

"I will cross your path in August.
Have a good summer.

Funny comments so far is all I can say from your part."

- I have lost the argument, I have finally said see you on the ice, instead of trying to convince people that Bathurst is better than Moncton, which they're not.

I will now be hypocritical in saying that your posts are funny, when it is me infact that makes the outlandish comments. GO Titan.

Old
07-01-2012, 12:01 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
You must not speak chsb.... Let me translate

"I will cross your path in August.
Have a good summer.

Funny comments so far is all I can say from your part."

- I have lost the argument, I have finally said see you on the ice, instead of trying to convince people that Bathurst is better than Moncton, which they're not.

I will now be hypocritical in saying that your posts are funny, when it is me infact that makes the outlandish comments. GO Titan.
Lol..

Old
07-01-2012, 02:18 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Stats prediction :

Moncton Wildcats 2012-2013

W L OTL/SOL PTS GF GA
45 19 4 94 285 200

Goalies:

GP W L GAA SAV%

Dubeau 58 40 18 2.74 .914
Thibeau 10 5 5 3.50 .890

Defence:

GP G A PTS

Melindy 68 14 29 43
Downe 68 6 23 29
Emond 68 8 16 24
Roussy 68 9 14 23
Racine 68 5 18 23
Sweeney 34 3 7 10
Wood/McGurty 34 2 6 8

Matheson ??? 68 18 30 48

Forwards:

C Saulnier 68 40 58 98
RW Saulnier 68 28 62 90
Barbashev 68 30 40 70
Veilleux 68 32 37 69
Jaskin 68 26 40 66
Penny 68 23 12 35
Lalonde 68 10 20 30
Johnston 68 10 16 26
Robichaud 68 15 8 23
Deruelle 50 12 10 22
Tremaine 60 4 10 14
Hodge 50 6 8 14
Malone 28 4 3 7
Centis-Jorge 18 0 3 3

Vatrano??? 68 28 15 43

*Did not include free agents because I haven't seen them play and don't count on many , if any, making the team.

Old
07-02-2012, 10:46 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Stats prediction :

Moncton Wildcats 2012-2013

Veilleux 68 32 37 69
Jaskin 68 26 40 66
I, and many other Blues' fans, will be quite pleased if Veilleux and Jaskin perform to those expectations this season, since this is the last year of junior for both.

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 01:00 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

So Jaskin and Veilleux are both OA's ? And Jaskin could tear up the Q, right away.

Old
07-03-2012, 10:09 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
So Jaskin and Veilleux are both OA's ? And Jaskin could tear up the Q, right away.
No, they're both 19. Moncton's OA are Downe, Saulnier, Saulnier.

Old
07-03-2012, 10:12 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post
I, and many other Blues' fans, will be quite pleased if Veilleux and Jaskin perform to those expectations this season, since this is the last year of junior for both.
Well Veilleux was a ppg player last year Shawinigan , so very likely he puts up a few more points than last season. Jaskin , is a total guess. I believe he will be an imidiate impact player who will play on the second line with Barbashev. I think those numbers are very realistic.

Old
07-04-2012, 09:48 AM
T_Cage
VP of Awesome

Looking like a great year for the Maritimes in the Q! Moncton and Halifax might be the Top 2 squads in the league (in that order imo)....Bathurst will be among the contenders.... Saint John will start to fall off a bit but id be surprised if they arent still in the top half

Any of the Quebec teams looking strong going into 12-13? I thought Blainville-Boisbriand was enteraining last year...i imagine they are on the upcycle too?

T_Cage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 11:38 AM
ClemQ

Quote:

Ryan Penny - Phoenix
Alex Dubeau - Montreal
Ross Johntson - Calgary
I'm not selling Johnston short...but please consider that the Calgary Scout responsible for the Q is an irving employee and X wildcat office employee. It's worth taking that in consideration. I wish him the best, but, i've been scouting 5 years, and i'm telling you, he wasnt getting another team to invite him.

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 03:54 PM
Skylimit

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Cage View Post
Looking like a great year for the Maritimes in the Q! Moncton and Halifax might be the Top 2 squads in the league (in that order imo)....Bathurst will be among the contenders.... Saint John will start to fall off a bit but id be surprised if they arent still in the top half

Any of the Quebec teams looking strong going into 12-13? I thought Blainville-Boisbriand was enteraining last year...i imagine they are on the upcycle too?
1- Québec
2- Halifax
3- BB
4- Moncton
5- Bathurst

Skylimit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 07:33 PM
welcometothebigshow2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylimit View Post