HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

2014 — Latvia Roster Discussion (Released, post #1)

Old
06-30-2012, 10:16 AM
BalticWarrior

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
But it is severely under-powered IMO.
A strong top 3 is also lacking.
Our best forwards in Europe are almost all LW.
In NHL they are all centers with some RW.
Yeah thats why you get good RW from AHL,i dont know if i could see this team in play-offs but it would certainly see it fight for play-off spot for sure!
Hm i wonder if latvia got a second KHL team how would it look?
They migh want to lure daugavins over from NHL.

BalticWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 10:17 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
You could surely get some american/canadian imports from AHL,also swedish/finnish imports from SM-liiga/SEL.
But it looks pretty decent
Yeah, the 3 top players in Europe (Hardt, Christensen, Madsen are all left wing!). So it need some buffing up in center and RW!

Jesper Jensen, Julian Jacobsen and Morten Green can all three play as centers....but we lack a line 1 center...these 3 feels more like 2-3-4!

Both Thomas Spelling (RW/LW) and Oliver Bjørkstrand (RW) will soon probably go to USA (3 years or so), so quite empty on the right side!

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 10:21 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Yeah, the 3 top players in Europe (Hardt, Christensen, Madsen are all left wing!). So it need some buffing up in center and RW!

Jesper Jensen, Julian Jacobsen and Morten Green can all three play as centers....but we lack a line 1 center...these 3 feels more like 2-3-4!
Yeah i mean you could get 1st line centre from sweden for example.

Old
06-30-2012, 10:25 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Yeah i mean you could get 1st line centre from sweden for example.
Well to be honest Nichlas Hardt might be the only dane playing in Europe really strong enough for a first line if they had to play KHL.
Mads Christensen and Morten Madsen are good enough to play maybe a second line.
The rest are third/fourth line material like on the danish NT.
So it would need some import in the top!

Old
06-30-2012, 10:27 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Well to be honest Nichlas Hardt might be the only dane playing in Europe really strong enough for a first line if they had to play KHL.
Mads Christensen and Morten Madsen are good enough to play maybe a second line.
The rest are third/fourth line material like on the danish NT.
So it would need some import in the top!
Yeah it would really be stretch,so i would say khl team would be feasible only after like 4-5-6 years.

Old
06-30-2012, 10:29 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Yeah it would really be stretch,so i would say khl team would be feasible only after like 4-5-6 years.
Yeah if you want primarily danish players it would be very hard unless you lure players back from NHL.
Otherwise you have to lure some norwegians...to make a dano/norwegian team......you could always pack the team with swedes without problem but where is the fun in that

Old
06-30-2012, 10:32 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Yeah if you want primarily danish players it would be very hard unless you lure players back from NHL.
Otherwise you have to lure some norwegians...to make a dano/norwegian team......you could always pack the team with swedes without problem but where is the fun in that
Norwegians could just make their own team which would be a strong playoff contender imo!

Old
06-30-2012, 10:34 AM
Justinov

Full danish team for Sochi or full danish NT as Copenhagen KHL team is much more awesome. I like this.....Sochi here we come without injuries!

Nichlas Hardt - Peter Regin - Mikkel Bødker
Mads Christensen - Frans Nielsen - Jannik Hansen
Morten Madsen - Lars Eller - Nicklas Jensen.

Thomas Spelling - Julian Jacobsen - Jesper Jensen in whatever place you want them in 4'th line with Kirill Starkov as reserve since he is so uneven.

Old
06-30-2012, 10:37 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Full danish team for Sochi or full danish NT as Copenhagen KHL team is much more awesome. I like this.....Sochi here we come without injuries!

Nichlas Hardt - Peter Regin - Mikkel Bødker
Mads Christensen - Frans Nielsen - Jannik Hansen
Morten Madsen - Lars Eller - Nicklas Jensen.

Thomas Spelling - Julian Jacobsen - Jesper Jensen in whatever place you want them in 4'th line with Kirill Starkov as reserve since he is so uneven.
I posted this a few pages back how do you think your sochi team stacks against mine?

.Redlihs-Girgensons-Darzins (A playmaker,Powerforward,Sniper)
M.Karsums.Sprukts-K.Daugavins(Sniper,Big center who can win face offs and energy guy)
Rihards B-Bicevskis-Blugers(Mainly a checking line which sometimes can contribute)
Pelss-Berzins-Stals(pure checking line)
Who would you think would win on 1vs1?

Old
06-30-2012, 10:40 AM
Justinov

Quote:
I posted this a few pages back how do you think your sochi team stacks against mine?

.Redlihs-Girgensons-Darzins (A playmaker,Powerforward,Sniper)
M.Karsums.Sprukts-K.Daugavins(Sniper,Big center who can win face offs and energy guy)
Rihards B-Bicevskis-Blugers(Mainly a checking line which sometimes can contribute)
Pelss-Berzins-Stals(pure checking line)
Who would you think would win on 1vs1?
It smells like a 50-50 - but with any kind of injuries, the danish lines will be more weakened than the Latvian (you still have better reserves to bring in).

Old
06-30-2012, 10:43 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
It smells like a 50-50 - but with any kind of injuries, the danish lines will be more weakened than the Latvian (you still have better reserves to bring in).
Yeah it would be close,but maybe im biased but i think we would have the edge with Girgensons,because hes the kind of guy who literally never quits,blocks shots and makes big hits and can score,altough from the danish lineup Bodker scares me the most.

Old
06-30-2012, 10:46 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Yeah it would be close,but maybe im biased but i think we would have the edge with Girgensons,because hes the kind of guy who literally never quits,blocks shots and makes big hits and can score,altough from the danish lineup Bodker scares me the most.
Yeah if Bødker can continue his breakout playoff next season and Regin stays uninjured that would be a formidable 1'st line with Hardt waiting in front of goal!

The combi Frans Nielsen/Jannik Hansen would be very hard to score against - even for Zemgus lol
Slightest mistake on PP and Frans will intercept and send Hansen towards your goal and you would never see him again with his speed!

Third line could be dangerous when Eller and Nicklas Jensen gathers more experience backed by Morten Madsen that has it from MODO!

Old
06-30-2012, 10:49 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Yeah if Bødker can continue his breakout playoff next season and Regin stays uninjured that would be a formidable 1'st line with Hardt waiting in front of goal!

The combi Frans Nielsen/Jannik Hansen would be very hard to score against - even for Zemgus lol

Third line could be dangerous when Eller and Nicklas Jensen gathers more experience backed by Morten Madsen that has it from MODO!
Waits lets say we both qualify,is it even possible that we will be playing against one another?

Old
06-30-2012, 10:51 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Waits lets say we both qualify,is it even possible that we will be playing against one another?
Offcourse lol.........being optimistic...we offcourse both will qualify then go to QF and beyond
Realisticly.....if we do a miracle it will be getting to QF meeting a superteam and then adiou.

Actually if qualified both our teams would probably be bottom ranking in each group based on world ranking...since Germany and Norway are better! But we could both get Norway!

Edit: I see Latvia ends with Norway, Finland and Canada if qualified.
Denmark if qualified gets Czech, Sweden and Switzerland.

Last edited by Justinov: 06-30-2012 at 10:57 AM.
Old
06-30-2012, 10:54 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Offcourse lol.........being optimistic...we offcourse both will qualify then go to QF and beyond
Realisticly.....if we do a miracle it will be getting to QF meeting a superteam and then adiou.
Yeah if Latvia got into qf i would just party and not even watch the next game to not fall in a depression when losing to some swedish/russian superteam 3:7 or smth like that

Old
06-30-2012, 11:03 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:

Actually if qualified both our teams would probably be bottom ranking in each group based on world ranking...since Germany and Norway are better! But we could both get Norway!

Edit: I see Latvia ends with Norway, Finland and Canada if qualified.
Denmark if qualified gets Czech, Sweden and Switzerland.
I could see us winning Norway,Finland would have to be un-godly luck to even come close to winning them and Canada is just gonna rofl-stomp us.

Old
06-30-2012, 11:06 AM
Justinov

Quote:
I could see us winning Norway,Finland would have to be un-godly luck to even come close to winning them and Canada is just gonna rofl-stomp us.
Yeah i cant see what they will do with 3 times 4 groups? How will you do after these groups?

Apparently the 2 best ranked third teams from each group will get to QF.......
So you have to win one and at least draw another against a top-2 team to be fairly sure!
Maybe winning against number 4 will be enough, since one group might have an OT win against number 4!

Old
06-30-2012, 11:09 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Yeah i cant see what they will do with 3 times 4 groups? How will you do after these groups?

Apparently the 2 best ranked third teams from each group will get to QF.......
So you have to win one and at least draw another against a top-2 team to be fairly sure!
Yeah,so what do you think about your own group? I mean i can see you guys winning switzerland,but czech and Sweden? i dont know man,theyll have absolutley horrifiying(for denmark) roster.

Old
06-30-2012, 11:12 AM
Justinov

OK Denmark have 17 losses in 17 matches against Switzerland and will have to win it in regular time to even have a chance of QF.....Sweden no chance....against Czech probably not either but still better than against Sweden.

Old
06-30-2012, 11:14 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
OK Denmark have 17 losses in 17 matches against Switzerland and will have to win it in regular time to even have a chance of QF.....Sweden no chance....against Czech probably not either but still better than against Sweden.
Yeah swedish roster is just..wow no words theyre the absolute favourites to win gold (as much as i wouldnt like that )

Old
06-30-2012, 11:15 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Yeah swedish roster is just..wow no words theyre the absolute favourites to win gold (as much as i wouldnt like that )
Canada and Sweden are so stacked Latvia and Denmark basically should stop even thinking about these matches and concentrate on the others!

Old
06-30-2012, 11:17 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Canada and Sweden are so stacked Latvia and Denmark basically should stop even thinking about these matches and concentrate on the others!
Yeah sometimes life just isnt fair

Old
06-30-2012, 11:18 AM
Justinov

So Denmark's chances:
vs Sweden ~0%
vs Czech ~1%
vs Switzerland 10% of winning in regular time (25% chance of win in OT).
I mean Switzerland disciplined playing style always cause Denmark problems....these guys never make mistakes....Denmark will always make some during matches!

But luck on our side it might be enough for a QF if we beat Switzerland?!

Old
06-30-2012, 11:21 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
So Denmark's chances:
vs Sweden ~0%
vs Czech ~1%
vs Switzerland 10% of winning in regular time (25% chance of win in OT).
I mean Switzerland disciplined playing style always cause Denmark problems....these guys never make mistakes....Denmark will always make some during matches!
Id say you have alot better chances against czechs than 1 percent for refference watch this match - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM3Nd1jZKXY its full event but you can surely skip to 3d period.

Old
06-30-2012, 11:23 AM
BalticWarrior

You know i will abstain from making any predictions seeing how it always comes back and bites me,so im just gonna keep shut this time and keep it to myself