HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Carey Price (UPD: McKenzie expects 6-7 years, $6-6.5m per, to be done soon)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-30-2012, 11:14 AM
  #951
E = CH²
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 15,665
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
It's one thing to enjoy talking about something.

It's another thing entirely to spend days on end embarrassing yourself because you THINK that the reported salary Price is going to make is 500K more than it should be.
First

Second, I can't say I'm surprised that it's all you understood from everything I wrote.

E = CH² is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 11:16 AM
  #952
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou
 
Myron Gaines*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
First

Second, I can't say I'm surprised that it's all you understood from everything I wrote.
I really don't understand what's the big deal about discussing contracts as fans. Fans do that, everywhere in professional sports.

Myron Gaines* is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 11:17 AM
  #953
UniverStalinGraduate*
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
First

Second, I can't say I'm surprised that it's all you understood from everything I wrote.
LoL.

This thread has been going on for 39 pages.

You really think anything you say has any sort of substance or meaning at this point?

Everything people are saying has been said 10 times over.

Again, if you want to spend post after post crying about how the Habs are going to overpay Price all the power to you. If Bergevin thinks signing Price to a long term deal at 7 million a year is a smart move than I laugh at people who adamantly argue otherwise.

But again, keep on arguing a contract that hasn't been signed is too much.

I've laughed more in this thread than any thread ever before. A lot of know-it-alls here. Some more funny than others, but at the end of the day all amusing.

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 11:21 AM
  #954
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou
 
Myron Gaines*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
LoL.

This thread has been going on for 39 pages.

You really think anything you say has any sort of substance or meaning at this point?

Everything people are saying has been said 10 times over.

Again, if you want to spend post after post crying about how the Habs are going to overpay Price all the power to you. If Bergevin thinks signing Price to a long term deal at 7 million a year is a smart move than I laugh at people who adamantly argue otherwise.

But again, keep on arguing a contract that hasn't been signed is too much.

I've laughed more in this thread than any thread ever before. A lot of know-it-alls here. Some more funny than others, but at the end of the day all amusing.
What's the point of being part of a message board then?

Geez, some people need to lighten up.

Myron Gaines* is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 11:21 AM
  #955
Lord Chezz
Registered User
 
Lord Chezz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 650
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
What are you doing in this thread if salary cap talk bothers you. What were you hoping to read in relation with a contract that wouldn't have anything to do with the salary cap ? What are you still doing here ?

Should I hate salary cap talk because you don't like it ?



First, I don't worry about the cap, I have enough things in my life that are real worries without having to worry about a hobby.

As for what Gillis said, maybe he should also say : eh don't worry about the roster we're icing this year, it's not your job it's mine.. and while you're at it, don't worry about the wins and losses, it's the coaches and players jobs... in fact, don't worry about anything really... none of it is your job...

Have you and Mike Gillis ever stopped to think some people enjoy discussing that stuff. People enjoy being armchair GMs and second guessing the pros. I like arguing with random strangers on message boards over the habs and salary cap matters. I don't need you or Mike Gillis to tell me how to express my interest for the habs. If that is not you and 417's cup of tea that's 100% fine but I have to wonder what people who hate that type of stuff are doing in threads like these after they have clearly become cap discussions. When a thread annoys me or bothers me I just hit the left arrow, then I go click on another thread that interests me more.. it's not a novel concept.
I know I chimed in late but I came here looking to read up on folks' opinions on Price's potential new deal and not necessarily debate the merits of OCD'ing over a player's cap hit - that ended up being a by product of the initial discussion.

I suppose what I was eventually going to get at was that whether Price has a cap hit of anywhere between 5 or 7 mil, its not really going to hurt the team in the long run. Gomez-esque contracts have the potential to do so; slightly overpaying your number one goalie doesn't.

You know, I missed you

Lord Chezz is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 11:21 AM
  #956
E = CH²
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 15,665
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myron Gaines View Post
I really don't understand what's the big deal about discussing contracts as fans. Fans do that, everywhere in professional sports.
careful, the earth-is-round crew will brand you as a heretic. They have the universal truth. Anyone who disagrees is embarassing themselves.

E = CH² is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 11:25 AM
  #957
UniverStalinGraduate*
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
careful, the earth-is-round crew will brand you as a heretic. They have the universal truth. Anyone who disagrees is embarassing themselves.
Indeed, because we use logic and reasoning to assess the situation instead of just crying for days on end because we think he deserves 5.7 at most (love how people keep referencing Quick's contract. Hilarious) and that if he's at 6.5 than the Habs will be horrible for the next decade.

When you refuse to acknowledge all of the reasons why people feel the way they do than yes it does become quite embarrassing.

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 11:31 AM
  #958
E = CH²
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 15,665
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
Indeed, because we use logic and reasoning to assess the situation instead of just crying for days on end because we think he deserves 5.7 at most (love how people keep referencing Quick's contract. Hilarious) and that if he's at 6.5 than the Habs will be horrible for the next decade.

When you refuse to acknowledge all of the reasons why people feel the way they do than yes it does become quite embarrassing.
You're the embodiment of pot calls kettle black.

E = CH² is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 11:32 AM
  #959
UniverStalinGraduate*
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
You're the embodiment of pot calls kettle black.
Yeah, just more nonsense when faced with fair criticism.

No surprise there.

Keep on fighting the good fight, you and Tony Marinaro can maybe get a talk show where you discuss how awful all of the GM's are at managing the cap and how YOU would do it.

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 11:34 AM
  #960
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut
 
Ice Poutine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: ____
Country: Martinique
Posts: 11,607
vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Chezz View Post
...You know, I missed you
Yeah. Me too Chezzyypoo!

Ice Poutine is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 11:36 AM
  #961
E = CH²
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 15,665
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Chezz View Post
I know I chimed in late but I came here looking to read up on folks' opinions on Price's potential new deal and not necessarily debate the merits of OCD'ing over a player's cap hit - that ended up being a by product of the initial discussion.

I suppose what I was eventually going to get at was that whether Price has a cap hit of anywhere between 5 or 7 mil, its not really going to hurt the team in the long run. Gomez-esque contracts have the potential to do so; slightly overpaying your number one goalie doesn't.

You know, I missed you
Glad to see you are back.

E = CH² is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 11:37 AM
  #962
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou
 
Myron Gaines*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,391
vCash: 500
So is this the official Chezz return?

Myron Gaines* is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 11:39 AM
  #963
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,344
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
careful, the earth-is-round crew will brand you as a heretic. They have the universal truth. Anyone who disagrees is embarassing themselves.


We have universal truth when other people display a blatant disregard for the laws of economics.

WeThreeKings is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 11:41 AM
  #964
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut
 
Ice Poutine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: ____
Country: Martinique
Posts: 11,607
vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myron Gaines View Post
So is this the official Chezz return?
Yep! Someone must have opened the lid of his coffin and awakened him...

Ice Poutine is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 11:42 AM
  #965
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou
 
Myron Gaines*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post


We have universal truth when other people display a blatant disregard for the laws of economics.
Well honestly it's not much better to belittle their opinions.

Myron Gaines* is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 11:44 AM
  #966
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou
 
Myron Gaines*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
Yep! Someone must have opened the lid of his coffin and awakened him...
Too many n00bs around for his liking.

No pun intended to anyone, by the way. But yeah.

Myron Gaines* is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 11:44 AM
  #967
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,344
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myron Gaines View Post
Well honestly it's not much better to belittle their opinions.
Their opinions got belittled after trying to explain to them a million times a very simple concept. They refuse to acknowledge where they are wrong and at that point, yes, its pretty much become a useless circle of belittling on both sides.

WeThreeKings is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 11:46 AM
  #968
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou
 
Myron Gaines*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Their opinions got belittled after trying to explain to them a million times a very simple concept. They refuse to acknowledge where they are wrong and at that point, yes, its pretty much become a useless circle of belittling on both sides.
Well the way you put it, it pretty much nails this message board.

Myron Gaines* is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 11:47 AM
  #969
UniverStalinGraduate*
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Their opinions got belittled after trying to explain to them a million times a very simple concept. They refuse to acknowledge where they are wrong and at that point, yes, its pretty much become a useless circle of belittling on both sides.

The "Price doesn't deserve anywhere near X dollars" posters who have been the most vocal have consistently been arrogant and dismissive.

It's hilarious, especially when you consider how wrong they are on so many levels with some of the stuff they're saying.

Not saying everyone who thinks Price will be overpaid at 6.5 or so is like that...but the ones who have been loudest with posting their opinions sure are.

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 11:47 AM
  #970
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,344
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Whole heartedly agreed.

WeThreeKings is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 11:49 AM
  #971
E = CH²
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 15,665
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post


We have universal truth when other people display a blatant disregard for the laws of economics.
When did I display a blatant disregard for the laws of economics in your opinion. And quote me directly.

E = CH² is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 11:49 AM
  #972
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou
 
Myron Gaines*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
When did I display a blatant disregard for the laws of economics in your opinion.
I don't think that was directed to you.

Myron Gaines* is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 11:50 AM
  #973
Lord Chezz
Registered User
 
Lord Chezz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 650
vCash: 500
This is likely more of a vacation for the time being.

Being abroad for the past few years has made it quite difficult to stick around

Lord Chezz is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 11:51 AM
  #974
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,344
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
When did I display a blatant disregard for the laws of economics in your opinion.
hockeyfan2k11 certainly did.
Your biggest facepalm moment was suggesting going to arbitration with Price over a miniscule margin. With a clever disregard for what such a process actually entails.

WeThreeKings is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 11:51 AM
  #975
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,344
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Chezz View Post
This is likely more of a vacation for the time being.

Being abroad for the past few years has made it quite difficult to stick around
abroad or A broad?

WeThreeKings is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:32 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.