HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Patrick Wiercioch

Old
06-27-2012, 10:48 PM
Rumcajs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Holmes View Post
I guess I am in the minority here because I actually think Wiercioch is a pretty good prospect.

Passed on the depth chart by who exactly?

Gilroy?

I usually think Bonktastic is pretty much on the money, but I really don't see where you are coming from on this one.
Generally you are in the minority

To comment on your depth chart statement...Ceci?

Rumcajs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 02:44 AM
N Bahn Ahden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midas View Post
Generally you are in the minority

To comment on your depth chart statement...Ceci?
I think it would be irresponsible to put Ceci in the NHL this year (and highly doubt it will happen), so for the depth chart at the pro level, he hasn't been passed. Unless strange things happen (ie. Schultz, FA signings) I think there'll be a roster spot up for grabs between him and Boro. Probably Boro has the lead as of now.

N Bahn Ahden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 06:17 AM
Karlssonlee

Quote:
Originally Posted by N Bahn Ahden View Post
I think it would be irresponsible to put Ceci in the NHL this year (and highly doubt it will happen), so for the depth chart at the pro level, he hasn't been passed. Unless strange things happen (ie. Schultz, FA signings) I think there'll be a roster spot up for grabs between him and Boro. Probably Boro has the lead as of now.

On that note, what is actually happening with Schultz. Only heard whispers by Tim Murray but nothing from other media sources like TSN or Bob Mac

Karlssonlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 06:32 AM
Caseus
squirrelly wrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlssonlee View Post
On that note, what is actually happening with Schultz. Only heard whispers by Tim Murray but nothing from other media sources like TSN or Bob Mac
This is the last I saw, from yesterday:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=399357

Caseus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 07:30 AM
Karlssonlee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseus View Post
This is the last I saw, from yesterday:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=399357
In regards to the Sens - are they still in the running

Karlssonlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 08:35 AM
sens83

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Holmes View Post
I guess I am in the minority here because I actually think Wiercioch is a pretty good prospect.

Passed on the depth chart by who exactly?

Gilroy?

I usually think Bonktastic is pretty much on the money, but I really don't see where you are coming from on this one.
You obviously haven't watched very many B-Sens games then. If you had, you'd notice exactly what Bonktastic was saying. Wiercioch is a good prospect though, he just isn't as developed as some people think he is. He needs another solid year in the AHL, maybe two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bileur View Post
Borowiecki
This. Boro is far beyond Wiercioch in terms of development. The difference here is the kind of game each of these players play. Boro plays a physical shut down d game which he has mastered fairly well in the AHL. Wiercioch is more of a puck mover, offensive guy. Wiercioch has not be able to make the decisions he needs to make when he's got the biscuit. He's mental aspect of learning the make the right play isn't there. OR he was handicapped by the system KK was running. One can argue that taking Boro's career path is much easier than taking Wiercioch's path. It will take longer for Patty to develop simply by looking at the level of difficulty.

sens83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 08:42 AM
Tuna99

Quote:
Originally Posted by sens83 View Post
You obviously haven't watched very many B-Sens games then. If you had, you'd notice exactly what Bonktastic was saying. Wiercioch is a good prospect though, he just isn't as developed as some people think he is. He needs another solid year in the AHL, maybe two.

This. Boro is far beyond Wiercioch in terms of development. The difference here is the kind of game each of these players play. Boro plays a physical shut down d game which he has mastered fairly well in the AHL. Wiercioch is more of a puck mover, offensive guy. Wiercioch has not be able to make the decisions he needs to make when he's got the biscuit. He's mental aspect of learning the make the right play isn't there. OR he was handicapped by the system KK was running. One can argue that taking Boro's career path is much easier than taking Wiercioch's path. It will take longer for Patty to develop simply by looking at the level of difficulty.
I watched a few Weircoche games and his offense seems fine, it's the fact he cannot hold the blueline that is his biggest fault - he can skate with any forward but he is Brian Lee style, he sticks close to guys but he does not cut people off or stop them from progressing into the zone - although Weircoche sticks close to his guys they always seem to have the puck in a good position to make a play.

Weircoche is going for the same type of game as Karlsson - be able to skate with people but at the point of attack he doesn't have an advantage like Karlsson because he can't push guys with leverage or get his stick into position to cause chaos and takeaways.

Tuna99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 08:43 AM
mcnorth

I wonder if Weircioch's game is never going to look as good as it can in Bingo just because it's the AHL and guys just aren't where they're supposed to be. It is a scrambly league - I'm always struck by how disorganized teams looks compared to the NHL.

mcnorth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 10:19 AM
operasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sens83 View Post

Well stated. Now if we do sign Schultz, then Wiercioch's path becomes a lot harder.

operasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 03:54 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by operasen View Post
Well stated. Now if we do sign Schultz, then Wiercioch's path becomes a lot harder.
Schultz shoot right & Wiercioch shoots left as does Broweicki, they play opposite sides. On the right side it would be Karlsson, Gonchar & Schultz & on the left side it will be Cowen, Phillips & either Boroweicki or Murray could sign a UFA like Bryan Allen LD who is a shot blocker. If Carkner RD has rejected his contract offer than that would give Schultz who might have had it anyway at the very least 3rd pairing minutes in Ottawa. Then he could move up next yr when Gonchar leaves & Ceci Rd competes for an NHL job & maybe wins the 3rd pairing job. Wiercioch might not make it to the NHL until Phillips contract is over. It would be nice for Murray to sign Schultz, a good young defenceman.

Allen - Karlsson
Cowen - Gonchar - when Gonchar leaves Schultz replces him & Ceci replaces Schultz.
Phillips - Schultz/Carkner or Boroweicki

aragorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 08:03 AM
operasen

Thank You for that; well laid out and makes sense. I get the feeling Schultz will want Gonchar's spot and hope he has to earn it. And Weircioch is not on that list. Borowiecki might have to switch sides (?) to replace Phillips

operasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 11:54 AM
EpicNeilTime

When I watched a couple Bingo games, he was the best player on the ice. He would take the puck in his zone and just make stuff happen. I was really impressed, and hoping he can make the jump this season.

EpicNeilTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 07:31 AM
sens83

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicNeilTime View Post
When I watched a couple Bingo games, he was the best player on the ice. He would take the puck in his zone and just make stuff happen. I was really impressed, and hoping he can make the jump this season.
::Not sure if serious::

sens83 is offline   Reply With Quote