HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Chicago - Montreal

Old
06-30-2012, 11:06 AM
alpine4life

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by H a w k s View Post
Kane is over the hill. I wouldnt trade Scott Gomez for him. He is negative value.
I 2nd that, no one in their right mind would trade for Patrick Kane. He should retire right now

alpine4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 11:16 AM
HOPE

mannnnnnn, as a habs fan id like to see kane in a habs jersey but yeah this offers is no way near kaner!

HOPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 12:09 PM
mytor4*

Chi isn't going to trade Kane for the Op's offer and i would really like to hold on to our 2013 1st rd draft pick.
I see the Habs adding a sweet piece from next yrs draft.
With the new direction we are going in and with the additional 2012 draftees we added i see us going places 3 yrs from now.

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 12:15 PM
Dr Danglefest
Vindication

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
What is this garbage..
OP drinking out of cups....

Dr Danglefest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 01:21 PM
HockeySensible
NHL Says...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
So how about Saad or Teuvenin and Chicago's 2013 1st for Plekanec?
Brandon Saad and Teuvo Teravainen aren't being moved.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 01:30 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Brandon Saad and Teuvo Teravainen aren't being moved.
I guess Chicago is going to go into next season with a big hole at 2C and questionable goaltending and questionable defensive depth then hey?

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 01:32 PM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

Quote:
I guess Chicago is going to go into next season with a big hole at 2C and questionable goaltending and questionable defensive depth then hey?
You know, playing hardball on HF Boards will not get you these players in real life.

MurrayBannerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 01:35 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
You know, playing hardball on HF Boards will not get you these players in real life.
If the Hawks aren't willing to move any of their high end young prospects how exactly are they going to fill the holes they need to, in order to compete for the cup next year?

I'm not "playing hardball" I'm pointing out that if the Hawks want to compete next year than they have some serious holes to fill and to fill them you have to give up some quality assets.

Old
06-30-2012, 01:35 PM
HockeySensible
NHL Says...

Quote:
Man, you'd be doing us a great favour giving us Plekanec eh? I love Montreal fans so much. You demand the world for your players and give trash to everyone else.

How does Nathan Beaulieu for Niklas Hjalmarsson sound? After all, the Habs are going to have some pretty big holes on defense hey?

Old
06-30-2012, 01:37 PM
HockeySensible
NHL Says...

Quote:
If the Hawks aren't willing to move any of their high end young prospects how exactly are they going to fill the holes they need to, in order to compete for the cup next year?

I'm not "playing hardball" I'm pointing out that if the Hawks want to compete next year than they have some serious holes to fill and to fill them you have to give up some quality assets.
Tomas Plekanec isn't worth a high-end asset, nevermind two. Keep him.

Old
06-30-2012, 01:38 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Man, you'd be doing us a great favour giving us Plekanec eh? I love Montreal fans so much. You demand the world for your players and give trash to everyone else.

How does Nathan Beaulieu for Niklas Hjalmarsson sound? After all, the Habs are going to have some pretty big holes on defense hey?
Plekanec is an ideal number 2 center in the league. Far as I know that's number 2 (after a legit #1 goalie, which is far more unrealistic unless Luo goes) on Chicago's "wishlist".

No one is demanding the world for anyone. You gotta give up quality assets to get quality players though.

Why would a team who finished 28th last year trade one of their best prospects for a 2nd pairing d-man who will be a UFA in 2 seasons time?

I get that you were trying to, I don't know...show a comparable to what I was saying...but the Habs don't have any real glaring need for Hjalmarsson, nor are they going to be making any big moves to ensure they are a legit cup contender next year. At least not any big moves that come at the expense of young players in the system.

Try again!

Old
06-30-2012, 01:39 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Tomas Plekanec isn't worth a high-end asset, nevermind two. Keep him.

Right, good 2 way centermen who can score 20+ goals and get 50+ points aren't valuable in the league...

I'll be quite glad if the Habs keep Plekx, only way any team is going to get him from them is if they offer up a very nice package that the Habs can't say no to.

Old
06-30-2012, 01:44 PM
HockeySensible
NHL Says...

Quote:
Right, good 2 way centermen who can score 20+ goals and get 50+ points aren't valuable in the league...

I'll be quite glad if the Habs keep Plekx, only way any team is going to get him from them is if they offer up a very nice package that the Habs can't say no to.
Oh, Plekanec certainly has value. Brandon Pirri and a 2nd kind of value.. not Brandon Saad/Teuvo Teravainen and a 1st kind of value.

Old
06-30-2012, 01:47 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Oh, Plekanec certainly has value. Brandon Pirri and a 2nd kind of value.. not Brandon Saad/Teuvo Teravainen and a 1st kind of value.
Right.

Well I'm sure the Hawks will find a number 2 center eventually if they're offering up an elite package like Pirri and a 2nd

Old
06-30-2012, 01:50 PM
HockeySensible
NHL Says...

Quote:
Plekanec is an ideal number 2 center in the league. Far as I know that's number 2 (after a legit #1 goalie, which is far more unrealistic unless Luo goes) on Chicago's "wishlist".

No one is demanding the world for anyone. You gotta give up quality assets to get quality players though.

Why would a team who finished 28th last year trade one of their best prospects for a 2nd pairing d-man who will be a UFA in 2 seasons time?

I get that you were trying to, I don't know...show a comparable to what I was saying...but the Habs don't have any real glaring need for Hjalmarsson, nor are they going to be making any big moves to ensure they are a legit cup contender next year. At least not any big moves that come at the expense of young players in the system.

Try again!

Why would a team that finished 10th trade one of their outstanding propspects and a 1st for a 2nd line centre when they could simply develope the bevy of centre prospects they have in their system, including Teravainen?

Chicago doesn't have a glaring need to Tomas Plekanec. If push comes to shove, they're more than happy to go into the season with Marcus Kruger as their 2nd line centre. Not ideal, but certainly better than giving up anything of significant value for a 30-year-old Tomas Plekanec.

Afterall, they finished 10th in the league without a PP or PK and with a rookie/winger in the 2nd line centre position for the entire year. They PP and PK can't get any worse and Kruger should only continue to get better.

Try again!

Old
06-30-2012, 01:51 PM
HockeySensible
NHL Says...

Quote:
Right.

Well I'm sure the Hawks will find a number 2 center eventually if they're offering up an elite package like Pirri and a 2nd
Tomas Plekanec isn't an elite player, he doesn't require an elite package. If you believe he does, good for you.

Old
06-30-2012, 01:52 PM
mark1529

Quote:
Originally Posted by H a w k s View Post
Kane is over the hill. I wouldnt trade Scott Gomez for him. He is negative value.

mark1529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 01:55 PM
Sevanston

A deal that sends Patrick Kane to Montreal needs to have Price coming to the Windy City, at the very least.

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 01:55 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Why would a team that finished 10th trade one of their outstanding propspects and a 1st for a 2nd line centre when they could simply develope the bevy of centre prospects they have in their system, including Teravainen?

Chicago doesn't have a glaring need to Tomas Plekanec. If push comes to shove, they're more than happy to go into the season with Marcus Kruger as their 2nd line centre. Not ideal, but certainly better than giving up anything of significant value for a 30-year-old Tomas Plekanec.

Afterall, they finished 10th in the league without a PP or PK and with a rookie/winger in the 2nd line centre position for the entire year. They PP and PK can't get any worse and Kruger should only continue to get better.

Try again!
Yeah, not like Plekanec is consistently one of the most used forwards on a PK that is consistently one of the better ones in the league or anything hey?

Good luck with Marcus Kruger as the 2C next year. Anytime you have a guy coming off of a 26 point season you really simply have to make room for him as your number 2 center.

Old
06-30-2012, 01:57 PM
MajorPain

Quote:
Wow...I don't agree with most of what's been offered here but you my friend are undervaluying Plekanec big time or simply have no clue what a 2nd line center's worth.

Seriously...Pirri and a 2nd?! That's what you'd have to offer for a quality 3rd line center or an inconsistant top 9 winger

MajorPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 02:00 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorPain View Post
Wow...I don't agree with most of what's been offered here but you my friend are undervaluying Plekanec big time or simply have no clue what a 2nd line center's worth.

Seriously...Pirri and a 2nd?! That's what you'd have to offer for a quality 3rd line center or an inconsistant top 9 winger
Yup it's a pretty amusing that happens quite a lot on here.

A fan of a team doesn't want to give up prospect X in a deal for another teams player so they just underrate that player completely to justify why tehy wouldn't want to trade that player.

Old
06-30-2012, 02:08 PM
HockeySensible
NHL Says...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorPain View Post

Did I say that was Plekanec's league wide value? No. That's the package I'd offer from the Hawks. If it's not "good" enough, I don't care. Plekanec isn't good enough to demand Saad or Teravainen.

Old
06-30-2012, 02:11 PM
HockeySensible
NHL Says...

Quote:
Yeah, not like Plekanec is consistently one of the most used forwards on a PK that is consistently one of the better ones in the league or anything hey?

Good luck with Marcus Kruger as the 2C next year. Anytime you have a guy coming off of a 26 point season you really simply have to make room for him as your number 2 center.
What do I care if Plekanec is used on the PK? Are you trying to make a point that he'd help Chicago's PK? You'd be wrong.

Thanks. I'm sure Kruger won't improve, at all.. it was only his rookie season and his first in North America.. but, again, no improvement expected.

Old
06-30-2012, 02:12 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
What do I care if Plekanec is used on the PK? Are you trying to make a point that he'd help Chicago's PK? You'd be wrong.

Thanks. I'm sure Kruger won't improve, at all.. it was only his rookie season and his first in North America.. but, again, no improvement expected.
Okay then!

I guess when you know everything there isn't much point in even talking to you.

Oh and maybe Kruger improves, maybe he doesn't. Who knows. He's far from a sure thing though.

Old
06-30-2012, 02:13 PM
Hawks82

Any proposed deal w/ Montreal that doesn't start with Price, Subban or Pacioretty is a waste of time. A franchise player like Kane won't be traded for anything less.

2nd line C is an overblown issue for the Hawks. Kane played C for most of the season last year and played well. Improvements in the face off circle need to be made and Kane needs to continue improving defensively.

The Hawks would hardly suffer with Kane at C. There isn't really a need that would be filled by trading him.

Hawks82 is offline   Reply With Quote