HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Things Justin Schultz Part III: Lebron Schultz: The Decision - Part Deux

Closed Thread

Old
06-30-2012, 02:29 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

vCash: 500
I guess this means the rumored 'MDZ/Dubi for Nash trade' once Schultz signed with the Rangers, is no longer a go? Those internet rumor bloggers got me again.

Last edited by jas: 06-30-2012 at 02:38 PM.
Old
06-30-2012, 02:29 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Nick Kypreos @RealKyper
Reply Retweet Favorite ·More
I'm told #Wild are def out of Schultz derby. Must be down to #Sens and #Oilers. #NHL

06-30-2012, 02:30 PM
haveandare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
In EDM he can be their next star on the blue line. It shows he's confident in his abilities and is willing to step in and step up to the task. Can't hate him for that. Good luck to him, now back to Bobby Ryan.
If you're good enough you can be the next star on any team. If he were truly very confident in his abilities wouldn't he have signed with a team that has good defense, being confident that he can be as good, if not better than the already established players? One could argue just as easily that signing with the team where there is the least competition for your spot shows a lack of confidence.

Either way, I don't even come close to "hating" him, I just think its a little silly to go to a team that has no choice but to throw you into the fire regardless of how good you are when you have the choice of any team in the league.

Either way, I don't wish him, or any non Ranger, good luck. I hope we beat him and his team badly every time we meet.

Old
06-30-2012, 02:35 PM
egelband

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
Because he doesn't have to. He can "get away with it" because it's in the damn rules. There's nothing to get away with. Complain about the rules all you want, but the kid isn't doing anything wrong, regardless of whether you think it's "nice" or whatever.
the system is faulty, but it's not this guy's fault. i feel bad for anaheim, but the player didn't really do anything too wrong, though i feel players ought to play for the team who drafted them. that said, the player here didn't drag out this situation and seems to have gone to a team that provides him with the best professional opportunity. can't fault him. i would have felt differently if he had burned the ducks to play with his 'best bud' or be near mommy and daddy. but i can respect his decision. it's the most risk-free choice. (though i think he should have chosen the rangers if he really wanted a challenge with the opportunity for some a payoff).

Old
06-30-2012, 02:36 PM
ThisYearsModel

This kid could have gone to Vancouver or the Rangers and chose not to. If he goes to Edmonton, you have to question his desire to win.

Old
06-30-2012, 02:36 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Contrary to popular belief, EDM's offense is not set either. They were 19th in scoring this year. With the continued growth of their first overall picks, Eberle, and Yakupov...that's probably taking them right to the middle of the pack. Basically, their PP will be deadly, but 5 on 5 will still be a question mark, as they have horrible depth.

Their defense is a joke, with or without Schultz.

Devan Dubnyk is their #1?

Old
06-30-2012, 02:37 PM
OverTheCap

Buccigross was trolling Rangers fans earlier today, because now he is tweeting that he heard this morning that Schultz chose Edmonton.

Such a dick and so unprofessional. Cant stand that guy, he always messes with rangers fans on twitter.

Old
06-30-2012, 02:38 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Contrary to popular belief, EDM's offense is not set either. They were 19th in scoring this year. With the continued growth of their first overall picks, Eberle, and Yakupov...that's probably taking them right to the middle of the pack. Basically, their PP will be deadly, but 5 on 5 will still be a question mark, as they have horrible depth.

Their defense is a joke, with or without Schultz.

Devan Dubnyk is their #1?
Cool. So if you were a free agent, I wouldn't suggest you sign with them. Justin Schultz may see it differently, however.

Old
06-30-2012, 02:39 PM
Levitate

Well, hope he goes to Oilers just to keep him out of the East if he turns out to be good

BUt if I was a young player, I wouldn't want to go to the Oilers right now with the way they just throw young players into the fire, don't have any kind of decent veteran leadership, new coach, and issues with their medical staff

Old
06-30-2012, 02:39 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
If you're good enough you can be the next star on any team. If he were truly very confident in his abilities wouldn't he have signed with a team that has good defense, being confident that he can be as good, if not better than the already established players? One could argue just as easily that signing with the team where there is the least competition for your spot shows a lack of confidence.
I get what you're saying, but if what the guy wants is playing time, then I think it's clear he made the right choice by not signing here. Regardless of how good he thinks he might be, he's going to be contending with a number of good defensemen for ice time, and the team has other guys it can go to rather than letting him play through any struggles he might have.

As far as the confidence thing, that can just go in circles. Is he signing with a team that has weaker defense because he's afraid of being outplayed or because he wants to be "the guy" with all the pressure and expectations on him?

RANGERS =
Old
06-30-2012, 02:40 PM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Why did he pick Edmonton? More ice time.

Old
06-30-2012, 02:43 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
https://twitter.com/GenePrincipe/sta...53920633733120

Quote:
I'm sure you won't let me forget it if I'm wrong..and I've been wrong before but I believe the Oilers have won Justin Schultz sweepstakes..

Old
06-30-2012, 02:44 PM
LordsCup*

Love how people are putting his decision down for pickjng edm, or when he does. Young, young team that has unbealivable potential on offense. Now add Shultz to that mold along with there other goid prospects...

If that team adds bernier, which they should go all out on, then he picked the best team for the future. Hes not an idiot.

Old
06-30-2012, 02:45 PM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Think we all kinda knew that now ... bad mistake.

Old
06-30-2012, 02:45 PM
haveandare

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
I get what you're saying, but if what the guy wants is playing time, then I think it's clear he made the right choice by not signing here. Regardless of how good he thinks he might be, he's going to be contending with a number of good defensemen for ice time, and the team has other guys it can go to rather than letting him play through any struggles he might have.

As far as the confidence thing, that can just go in circles. Is he signing with a team that has weaker defense because he's afraid of being outplayed or because he wants to be "the guy" with all the pressure and expectations on him?
I see what you're saying. Looking at it either way makes sense, I just wanted to throw the other idea out there. Girardi wasn't even close to being a lock to be a 1D and here we are. McD went from AHL to top pairing pretty quick. Great players find their way to the top, though, yeah, not quite as quickly on teams with depth at their position. I just feel like you should be a top player because a coach who really knows their stuff has confidence that you can do it, not because you have the confidence that you can do it.

As for the confidence argument, I totally agree that its circular, just wanted to call a bit of attention to the fact that it can go either way.

Old
06-30-2012, 02:46 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Edmonton Oilers @NHL_Oilers
The Edmonton Oilers have agreed to terms with Justin Schultz. More details to come.

Old
06-30-2012, 02:47 PM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Edmonton Oilers @NHL_Oilers
The Edmonton Oilers have agreed to terms with Justin Schultz. More details to come.
Now it's official. Let's move on to Plan B.

Old
06-30-2012, 02:48 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisYearsModel View Post
This kid could have gone to Vancouver or the Rangers and chose not to. If he goes to Edmonton, you have to question his desire to win.
or... he just wants to develop with the best young core closest to his age. not hard to believe. if he signed with the sens i'd be baffled. he's probably going to be the best defenseman on that team

Old
06-30-2012, 02:49 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Eh, whatever...would have been nice to pick up quality young talent for nothing more than an ELC, but, it's just as well he goes to Edmonton, as opposed to Ottawa.

Old
06-30-2012, 02:52 PM
JanErixon20

Obviously the Oilers guaranteed him the roster spot. But, it's also a young team with some good talent and the best sheet of ice in the NHL. I can respect this decision.

But it's a slippery slope if they gave him a spot on the team. I'm sure the Rangers did not do that, which is the right thing to do.

Old
06-30-2012, 02:53 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Meh at least he isn't in our conference. Also can't stand Canucks fans, so I'm alright with the Oilers getting it.

Plus they created this genius of a gif.

Old
06-30-2012, 02:54 PM
bubba5

Enjoy the cold winter with a losing record'

Old
06-30-2012, 02:54 PM
Death By BB Gun
#therightway

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordsCup View Post
Love how people are putting his decision down for pickjng edm, or when he does. Young, young team that has unbealivable potential on offense. Now add Shultz to that mold along with there other goid prospects...

If that team adds bernier, which they should go all out on, then he picked the best team for the future. Hes not an idiot.
Okay, they have (potential) offense (which was still near the bottom 3rd in the league). And absolutely nothing else. One good prospect doesn't make up for a conpletely atrocious defense. If they don't get Bernier (which is just as likely), then they're still ****ed. By the time they actually start to contend, his ELC will be up and we'll be doing this **** again in 2015.

Old
06-30-2012, 02:55 PM
Affinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisYearsModel View Post
For real, I really thought it was between Van and us... It's like choosing the Isles instead. You know they're gonna be bad so why not go to a team where you can be a top guy on a top team?

Old
06-30-2012, 02:55 PM
Death By BB Gun
#therightway

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooskating View Post
or... he just wants to develop with the best young core closest to his age. not hard to believe. if he signed with the sens i'd be baffled. he's probably going to be the best defenseman on that team
He's going to be the only defenseman on that team.

Closed Thread