HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Offseason Discussion IX: Is it Sunday yet? (Contract/FA charts in Post #1)

Closed Thread

Old
06-30-2012, 03:48 PM
leafspensfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpenguins6630 View Post
Am I the only one that doesn't want PArise ?

I mean I'd like to get big wingers, more power forward... Physical with a presence to the net...

I'd rather have Doan...
I think you might be, but I do see your point

Old
06-30-2012, 03:49 PM
maxpenguins6630

Haha I guess so... No I am really serious... I know it would be along term solution but I am not sure of the fit... I mean We need another Kunitz....

Old
06-30-2012, 03:49 PM
AgentM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letang fan 58 View Post
@RobRossi_Trib

If what I hear #pens will offer on #PariseWatch is even close, him not signing would mean it was never about playing with Crosby

WTF does that even mean? Is he trying to say the offer will be huge? Is he trying to say the offer will be low?
I'm guessing he means it will be a fair deal at the very least. I don't like the idea of a 10 year deal that Yohe speculated earlier today. I'd be ecstatic with a 7 year deal for $52.5m and would be okay with it going up to $56m.

Last edited by AgentM: 06-30-2012 at 03:58 PM.
Old
06-30-2012, 03:51 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Haha I guess so... No I am really serious... I know it would be along term solution but I am not sure of the fit... I mean We need another Kunitz....
I don't know if I believe you have seen Parise play if you think he might not be a good fit. He is the perfect wing for Crosby. Seriously, Corey Perry is the only wing I would possibly rather have on Sid's wing. I guess maybe OV, but lately I don't even know.

Old
06-30-2012, 03:52 PM
leafspensfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
Zach Parise is better than Chris Kunitz in every possible way. I don't know if you have seen Parise play if you think he might not be a good fit. He is the perfect wing for Crosby.
This, they're both hard working, Parise has a higher IQ level than Kunitz (no offense), he can finish at a higher rate, and he can keep up with him in speed. But most importantly, Parise has that drive that Kunitz seemed to be lacking near the end of the season and into the playoffs.

Old
06-30-2012, 03:54 PM
Letang fan 58
No More Fleury

Quote:
There probably wouldnt be a better fit on wing for Sid than Parise. He can shoot, create, skate really well, and is all heart. Plus he's one of the best players in the game. Kunitz is okay but he's so many levels below Parise its ridiculous.

Doan would be an ok addition but it cant be either or with Parise/Doan because they arent equal in any way. Doan was never as good as Parise is now even in his best years.

Old
06-30-2012, 03:54 PM
maxpenguins6630

I saw him play often... Watch lots of hockey... Though I question if he is a fit in terms of what our team needs... I see the last series against Flyers and Parise would not have been a difference... I think there are other options even a short term one as Doan.... Thats fit sbetter in terms of money and would allow to address other needs...

Not too sure of all our eggs in the same basket... Crosby and PArise are too similar....

As for Kunitz he creates more space than PArise because of his physicality... Doan would do the same.... Punish defenseman... Work low and 1 on 1 situations...

I know Parise is great but I don'T have a good feeling.... Though I rather like Parise than Semin...

Old
06-30-2012, 03:55 PM
Letang fan 58
No More Fleury

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentM View Post
I'm guessing he means it will be a fair deal at the very least. I don't like the idea of a 10 year deal that Yohe speculated earlier today. I'd be ecstatic with a 7 year deal for $52.5m and would be okay with it going up to $56m.
@RobRossi_Trib

#pens offer for #PariseWatch would be biggest to a UFA in team history, I'm told. High was 7 years, above $49 M to Hossa (2008)

Looks like he made another tweet

Old
06-30-2012, 03:56 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunitz View Post
10 years is much too much to give to Parise or Suter.
I agree. I think 8 years is plenty to offer someone. You know what you're getting with Sid and Geno in terms of team guys and being happy here. You never know with FA like Hossa or either of these two guys, how they'll adapt to the city, etc. If things go bad in 2 or 3 years you want to be able to have some possibility of trading them without limiting yourself to 1 or 2 options. Removing those extra two or three years could make all the difference, without seeming like you're low-balling them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenoMachino71 View Post
well that is what it is probably going to take to get either one of them
I don't think that's the case. I think term would be behind these things, assuming we're talking at least 6 years:

1. Salary in the first 5 years or so of the deal
2. Quality of organization and facilities, including players or coaches they like (or don't like)
3. Likelihood of challenging for the Cup every year

Quote:
I don't know if you have seen Parise play if you think he might not be a good fit. He is the perfect wing for Crosby. Seriously, Corey Perry is the only wing I would possibly rather have on Sid's wing.
He really is (and better than Perry too). He is likely better for this team than even Hossa would've been. His signing would bring even more to this team than Neal did last year because of the way he influences the game in all phases. I don't think some people who are clamoring for Suter realize that. They think he's another Bobby Ryan or Rick Nash and he's better than either of them in terms of having the total package, without loss of scoring chops.

Last edited by Darth Vitale: 06-30-2012 at 04:01 PM.
Old
06-30-2012, 03:56 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
I saw him play often... Watch lots of hockey... Though I question if he is a fit in terms of what our team needs... I see the last series against Flyers and Parise would not have been a difference... I think there are other options even a short term one as Doan.... Thats fit sbetter in terms of money and would allow to address other needs...

Not too sure of all our eggs in the same basket... Crosby and PArise are too similar....

As for Kunitz he creates more space than PArise because of his physicality... Doan would do the same.... Punish defenseman...
I really hope they take away as much space from Sid as they do with Kunitz on his line when Parise is on his line. Parise will be a 50 goal scorer if they are that focused on Sid. But seriously, Parise will create way more space for Sid than Kunitz has ever done, even with Guerin on the other side. You just can't ignore him as much as Kunitz.

Old
06-30-2012, 03:57 PM
leafspensfan

Quote:

As for Kunitz he creates more space than PArise because of his physicality... Doan would do the same.... Punish defenseman...
Parise has the ability to find open space, Sid has the ability of find players in any sort of area... Parise in open space + Sid's passing = bunch of highlight reel goals that can possibly override our ****** defense.

Old
06-30-2012, 03:58 PM
SCUDeriMISSILE
We traded Staal

With the recent departures of Staal and Talbot, I need a new jersey. Come to Pittsburgh, Zach.

Old
06-30-2012, 04:00 PM
Riptide

Quote:

I mean I'd like to get big wingers, more power forward... Physical with a presence to the net...

I'd rather have Doan...
I'd rather spend that 7-8m on a pair of wingers personally.

Old
maxpenguins6630

Don't you think Suter is a bigger need ?

Our defense was real bad last year....

Old
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Frasier Crane View Post
With the recent departures of Staal and Talbot, I need a new jersey. Come to Pittsburgh, Zach.
Shero needs to put this in his presentation.

Old
06-30-2012, 04:01 PM
maxpenguins6630

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
I'd rather spend that 7-8m on a pair of wingers personally.
Finally someone share my opinion haha

Old
06-30-2012, 04:01 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:

and the same players were really good the year before. I think they will do better just by playing smarter.

This coming year though, yes Suter is the bigger need. But the year after that, I don't think so. And less and less as our young guys come up. Long term, Parise is the better addition. No doubt in my mind.

Old
06-30-2012, 04:02 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Finally someone share my opinion haha
If we can get the right guys, sure. But without making a major trade or two, they aren't available. Parise - Crosby - Dupuis is a better line than any other combination of wings available that add up to the same salary in UFA.

Old
06-30-2012, 04:03 PM
AgentM

Quote:

I'd rather have Doan...
Well I'm the only one that doesn't want Suter so we can start a support group

Old
06-30-2012, 04:03 PM
leafspensfan

Quote:

Our players played poorly the latter part of the year, they played quite well through the other games. They just got suckered into poor penalties and needed to play smarter, they'll bounce back. Besides, Parise would help us more in the long haul

Old
06-30-2012, 04:04 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentM View Post
Well I'm the only one that doesn't want Suter so we can start a support group
what if we only want him in a Parise-less scenario?

Old
06-30-2012, 04:05 PM
Riptide

Quote:
If we can get the right guys, sure. But without making a major trade or two, they aren't available. Parise - Crosby - Dupuis is a better line than any other combination of wings available that add up to the same salary in UFA.
I guess that's the difference. I'd have zero issues signing players like Mueller or Lattendress (assuming they're 100% healthy).

Old
06-30-2012, 04:07 PM
Riptide

Schultz went to Edmonton. Kind of figured he would. Too much young talent up front, with a roster spot open in the D so that he could potentially start this season in the NHL.

Old
06-30-2012, 04:08 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Letang fan 58 View Post
@RobRossi_Trib

#pens offer for #PariseWatch would be biggest to a UFA in team history, I'm told. High was 7 years, above $49 M to Hossa (2008)

Looks like he made another tweet
So we're looking at $7m +

Old
06-30-2012, 04:09 PM
SidTheKid8787

My thoughts are you can't pass up guys like ZP or Suter. If you have the cap space you go after them.If you lock any of these 2 up long term at a reasonable/workable price, it's win/win imo.

Closed Thread