HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sidney Crosbie goal tonight...

Closed Thread

Old
11-28-2003, 06:45 PM
Yanner39

vCash: 500
Sidney Crosbie goal tonight...

anyone else see it. wow. Behind the net, scoops it up with his stick, tucks it in the top corner...Very nice.

Old
11-28-2003, 07:05 PM
dem

Like the Legg goal?

Old
11-28-2003, 07:06 PM
TheBrew

vCash: 540
WHAT A GOAl it's in the Crosby thread in the prospects board

Old
11-28-2003, 07:16 PM
Walsher

WOW! 2 goals 4 assists and the exact replica of the Legg goal. I thought that would never be done again - he made it look easy.

Old
11-28-2003, 07:34 PM
Mr Sakich

that is sick.

A rookie should never be able to do that. If I am his coach/gm, I trade for the biggest baddest guy in the league because he is going to need protection.

Old
11-28-2003, 08:58 PM
Oi'll say!

Wow

The list of Crosby's doubters has to be getting smaller and smaller on a daily basis.

Comrie to Rimouski?

Old
11-28-2003, 09:47 PM
streetballer03

Not to take anything away from Sidney, but Leggs goal was sooo much nicer. Still, i would love for this guy to play for the Oilers some day.b

Old
11-28-2003, 09:58 PM
dem

I thought Crosbys look more impressive

Old
11-28-2003, 10:08 PM
Walsher

Quote:
Originally Posted by dem
I thought Crosbys look more impressive
Me too - especially because other people have tried that move and defenseman know its coming from a guy like Crosby. Legg was innovative but they were equally beautiful.

Old
11-29-2003, 04:16 AM
insider
@MarkF_FC

Overlooked fact: Dany Roussin has 4 goals in that game (probably all setups from crosby), but i agree, I thought Crosby's was nicer

Old
11-29-2003, 06:03 AM
Thalia

Nice goal: http://www.habsworld.net/show_news.php?id=176

Old
11-29-2003, 08:01 PM
capebretonoilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalia
Of course don fairy errr cherry was slagging Crosby tonight--calling him a hotdog etc vintage cherry crap...Anyone see him vs the russian selects--he did a gretzkyesque play behind the net ---

Old
11-29-2003, 08:05 PM
Walsher

Quote:
Originally Posted by capebretonoilers
Of course don fairy errr cherry was slagging Crosby tonight--calling him a hotdog etc vintage cherry crap...Anyone see him vs the russian selects--he did a gretzkyesque play behind the net ---
It may have been Gretzkyesque but will he be able to do it all the time in the show instead of against a largely overmatched Russian team. better yet will he be able to do it against the Russions at the World Junior. I agree he is a talent like no other on junior hockey right now - but he is playing on a high scoring team in the Q. I can't wait to watch him against real talent. Of course I know he will still shine, just to a lesser extent for at least this year.

Old
11-29-2003, 08:09 PM
Oi'll say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walsher
It may have been Gretzkyesque but will he be able to do it all the time in the show instead of against a largely overmatched Russian team. better yet will he be able to do it against the Russions at the World Junior. I agree he is a talent like no other on junior hockey right now - but he is playing on a high scoring team in the Q. I can't wait to watch him against real talent. Of course I know he will still shine, just to a lesser extent for at least this year.
It's a high scoring team now that Sid's there. Last year they were brutal, that's how they got the first pick.

Old
11-29-2003, 08:13 PM
Walsher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say!
It's a high scoring team now that Sid's there. Last year they were brutal, that's how they got the first pick.
Trust me it is not all Crosby - Roussin is 2nd in league scoring and Poulliott would be high too if not for injury. He is an amazing player but it is the Q. I am the first person to check the statistics to see how he is doing and have been watching him like a hawk because frankly his game is fascinating - all I am getting at is that I am excited to see him play against some real competition. no slight to him just feel the Q caters to a guy with his skill whereas most other North American leagues do not quite as much. Looking forward to World Juniors.

Old
11-29-2003, 08:28 PM
capebretonoilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walsher
Trust me it is not all Crosby - Roussin is 2nd in league scoring and Poulliott would be high too if not for injury. He is an amazing player but it is the Q. I am the first person to check the statistics to see how he is doing and have been watching him like a hawk because frankly his game is fascinating - all I am getting at is that I am excited to see him play against some real competition. no slight to him just feel the Q caters to a guy with his skill whereas most other North American leagues do not quite as much. Looking forward to World Juniors.
You make a valid point,playing in the "q" definately inflates offensive
numbers--keep in mind he is only 16.. I am also biased for several reasons..proud of a fellow nova scotian and I have a real hate on for
cherry (although this opinion is definately in the minority)
as for the worls juniors --yeah thats one of the best parts of xmas season

Closed Thread