HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Nyi/sjs

Old
06-30-2012, 11:07 AM
Hipster Doofus

vCash: 500
I don't see Murray as a fit. Isles need a guy to anchor a bottom pairing with one of their fleet footed rookies (DeHaan, Donovan, or Ness). You don't need to move assets like Grabner or Pedan to fill that hole. Go for someone less costly IMO. Isles can afford to sacrafice some speed there and use him in PK situations and such (where hammering the puck round the boards is a good play).

Hipster Doofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 11:08 AM
Hipster Doofus

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
There's no way the Sharks would accept that deal for Murray. IMO it would have to be something like our 3rd and Anders Lee. Some kind of prospect on that level.

That said, I'd rather just go the UFA route. No assets need to be given up and there will be plenty of options.
This is more inline with what the Isles could move. A 3rd and Lee wouldn't be a very simple transaction that deals from a position of strength.

Hipster Doofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 11:09 AM
Arrch

I think at this point, we're better off holding him until the deadline. Someone is bound to overpay at that point.

Arrch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 11:40 AM
blinkman360
Norris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipster Doofus View Post
I don't see Murray as a fit. Isles need a guy to anchor a bottom pairing with one of their fleet footed rookies (DeHaan, Donovan, or Ness). You don't need to move assets like Grabner or Pedan to fill that hole. Go for someone less costly IMO. Isles can afford to sacrafice some speed there and use him in PK situations and such (where hammering the puck round the boards is a good play).
There are two guys from Phoenix that I think would make a lot of sense: Roszival and Aucoin. I would prefer Rozy since I think he's got more left in the tank but I'd honestly be happy with either.

I don't think either player will cost too much and both of them could play top-4 minutes if need be. These guys would be my main targets after the obvious Suter and Garrison.

A top-6 of Streit-Hamonic; Visnovsky-Roszival; MacDonald-DeHaan is miles ahead of what we had last year, IMO.

Last edited by blinkman360: 06-30-2012 at 12:39 PM.
blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 12:39 PM
blinkman360
Norris

Quote:
There are two guys from Phoenix that I think would make a lot of sense: Roszival and Aucoin. I would prefer Rozy since I think he's got more left in the tank but I'd honestly be happy with either.

I don't think either player will cost too much and both of them could play top-4 minutes if need be. These guys would be my main targets after the obvious Suter and Garrison.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 01:19 PM
Gilligans Island

Quote:
Sounds like Murray is exactly the right fit. No way for Grabner. More like a 2nd or 3rd + average fwd prospect. Something like that.

Gilligans Island is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 03:15 PM
startainfection*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broomout View Post
To the Islander fans, what does SJ add to Murray for Grabner?
murray and marleau or vlassic for grabner and the isles first
or
murray and havlat for grabner and isles 3rd?

can marleau still play center?

startainfection* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 03:17 PM
startainfection*

Quote:
Originally Posted by startainfection View Post
murray and vlassic for grabner and the isles first
or
murray and havlat or marleau for grabner and isles 3rd?

i fixed it

Old
06-30-2012, 03:21 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
Quote:
or

Marleau won't waive his NTC for the NYI.

Wang won't add a $6m player

and there is nothing to show that Snow would move a 1st rounder,for 1 yr of Vlasic.
He hasn't made a move like that since 2007.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 03:22 PM
West Coast Bias*

Send a message via ICQ to West Coast Bias* Send a message via AIM to West Coast Bias* Send a message via Yahoo to West Coast Bias*
Quote:
Isles need a guy to anchor a bottom pairing
If you're looking for an anchor on the bottom pairing, Murray is a good fit (and not just because he has the mobility of an anchor).

Quote:
or
Neither of these make any sense for the Sharks.

West Coast Bias* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 03:27 PM
startainfection*

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Bias View Post
Neither of these make any sense for the Sharks.
sharks get younger with grabner and the first or third round pick for their average prospect pool

Old
06-30-2012, 03:31 PM
startainfection*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Marleau won't waive his NTC for the NYI.

Wang won't add a $6m player

and there is nothing to show that Snow would move a 1st rounder,for 1 yr of Vlasic.
He hasn't made a move like that since 2007.
one whole year is a lot different then the final 20 games imo and i think garth would make that trade if he was confident that the isles would not only make the play offs but be a threat

the isles d corp would be
visnovsky - hamonic
vlassic - streit
murray - macdonald
i can't think of another them that would advance the puck up the ice with as much ease as the isles

Old
06-30-2012, 03:41 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
Quote:
one whole year is a lot different then the final 20 games imo and i think garth would make that trade if he was confident that the isles would not only make the play offs but be a threat

the isles d corp would be
visnovsky - hamonic
vlassic - streit
murray - macdonald
i can't think of another them that would advance the puck up the ice with as much ease as the isles
If you take out the Ryan Smyth trade,then Snow in 5/6 yrs as gm, has never traded a 1st round pick for a player 1 yr(or less) from unrestricted free agency.

And with his team's budget restrictions,I'm not sure why fans would expect that to change.
In your proposal,he's actually trading for two players,who are each 1 yr from unrestricted free agency.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 03:45 PM
AbsolonMoreau*

Quote:
sharks get younger with grabner and the first or third round pick for their average prospect pool
LMFAO, Marleau is 10x the player Grabner is and Sharks are in a win now mode. Vlasic would fetch a lot more than a player like Grabner if he was traded.

AbsolonMoreau* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 04:22 PM
Nighthock
**** the Kings...

It's rare an HF proposal pisses me off ... Congratulations.

Nighthock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 04:28 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
This is one of thoughs offers that goes on forever and each time team adds somhing the value calls for he other side to add again...

NYI islander Fans are not against trading Grabner but for Douglas Murray thats not the type of deal Isles want to give up grabner for.

IMO Value wise SJ would not be willing to add what it would cost for Grabner...

If Grabner is who you would want I would counter and say

Grabner for Vlasic......

Start from there and see what have to be added from either side.

Now IMO Both these guys are underated, Vlasic much more.
Vlasic is legit and I would imagine that SJ wil not want to part with him too easy.

So too keep it simple,

NYI 13' 5th
NYI 13' 6th
Rites to Rhett Rakshani

for

Murray

One, why would you accept Vlasic when he is one year from UFA as well? And responding with a lowball offer like that isn't going to go anywhere. Murray will get at least a 2nd round pick from somewhere so I would suggest starting from there or something equivalent rather than that crap you offered.

Pinkfloyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 06:02 PM
StrongIslanders90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
One, why would you accept Vlasic when he is one year from UFA as well? And responding with a lowball offer like that isn't going to go anywhere. Murray will get at least a 2nd round pick from somewhere so I would suggest starting from there or something equivalent rather than that crap you offered.
ok thanks GM.....you rejected my offer so I guess Ill go call another team....

I swear some people on hear cant read and thik that thier teams actually listen o them...Is funny 80% of uses on here think they are eloyed bythe teams as scouts an ASS.GM

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 06:17 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
ok thanks GM.....you rejected my offer so I guess Ill go call another team....

I swear some people on hear cant read and thik that thier teams actually listen o them...Is funny 80% of uses on here think they are eloyed bythe teams as scouts an ASS.GM
You come on here and make comments about a trade proposal and give one of your own so that simply makes you a hypocrite but have a nice day.

Pinkfloyd is online now   Reply With Quote